Interested in working for one of the world’s most established industries? With a company that is both progressive in our approach to people and business while building the backbone of North America? Look around, those tall buildings, bridges, commuter tracks - even your car and home use our products. Looking for some stability and long term career investment? Then consider Evraz as a potential employer.
We are looking for a Quality Control Supervisor at our Portland, Oregon location. The Quality Control Supervisor will provide supervision for the inspection and testing activities for the pipe mill. This position will interact with the operations department on a daily basis to ensure that a high quality product is produced as efficiently and safely as possible. A part of the job will be to interact with mill personnel at all levels, but primary interactions will be with shop floor subordinates and mid-level management. This person will be involved in team-oriented problem solving efforts as opportunities present themselves.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor ongoing inspection process in each production department to ensure that inspections are accomplished according to documented procedures.
- Order, receive and maintain a necessary inventory of inspection-related supplies.
- Ensure inspection equipment is calibrated, verified according to proper frequencies, and properly maintained.
- Ensure that quality control reporting and records are completed in all areas in a timely fashion (typically on a per shift basis).
- Review quality reports in each inspection area and provide guidance to the inspection personnel concerning inspection setups, poor trends in the inspection data, or improvements in techniques as required.
- Develop recommendations concerning reactions to problems with inspection data and work with the operating department to limit the manufacturing of non-compliant product in each production area.
- Work with quality management to develop/improve written inspection procedures, as needed.
- Participate, as needed, in quality improvement projects including following trials, analyzing results, collecting shop floor data, etc.
- Bachelors degree is preferred.
- 5 years work experience in the quality department of a manufacturing-related business. Pipe and /or steel mill processes and operations a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO based quality systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with individuals at various levels within the organization.
- Experience working with interdepartmental teams at all levels of management to accomplish goals.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail, close observation and concentration skills.
- Mechanical aptitude, good manual dexterity and good hand eye coordination.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook; ability to learn other software applications.
All applicants must be legally able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We are an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/V
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
EVRAZ North America offers competitive wages including a bonus program, and excellent benefits. We also believe in developing our people both for growth within EVRAZ North America and within the EVRAZ group overall.
EVRAZ North America’s values include a strong commitment to safety, our belief in creating value, ownership of results, a passion for improvement, enrichment through collaboration and leading with humility – at all levels of our organization.
EVRAZ North America is a leading North American steel manufacturer built on the pedigree of successful steel companies formerly known as Oregon Steel, Claymont Steel and IPSCO.
EVRAZ has the capacity to produce more than 5 million tons annually of flat, long and tubular steel products for major markets including infrastructure, defense, energy and rail. Its manufacturing facilities are located in Portland, Ore.; Regina, Saskatchewan; Pueblo, Colo.; Claymont, Del.; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta; and Surrey, British Columbia.
In North America, EVRAZ is the No. 1 producer of large diameter pipe, the second largest producer of steel plate and the largest producer of rail.
EVRAZ is a wholly owned subsidiary of EVRAZ Group S.A., one of the largest vertically integrated steel and mining businesses in the world.
Put some steel in your DNA… help build the backbone of North America.