Excel Engineering, Inc. is seeking a team-oriented, highly motivated and experienced Automation & Controls Engineer for our St. Paul, Minnesota office. We offer full service Electrical & Controls System Engineering Consulting services in the US and abroad.
For over 20 years, Excel Engineering, Inc. has differentiated its services from that of its competition by providing engineering solutions to achieve our clients’ business objectives.
Bachelors or Masters’ Degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with Controls, Process or Manufacturing Emphasis, from an ABET Accredited Institution.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a controls/automation engineer.
- Knowledge of software tools for programming PLCs & configuring HMIs. DCS configuration experience desired, but not required.
- Able to perform advanced electrical calculations.
- Has developed PLC logic, HMI interface logic, system communications, elementary diagrams, control panel layouts, and instrument specifications.
- Familiar with drive systems/servo software programming.
- Professional PE registration or ability to obtain such is highly preferred.
Additional Skills Applicable to the Role
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in the organization in a team environment.
- Knowledge of relevant technical software.
- Knowledge of MS Office software products: Word/Excel/Outlook.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Excel is focused on cultivating a high performing culture where a service oriented approach; continuous improvement and goal orientation are valued. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment, Excel Engineering is for you!
Excel Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.