Excel Engineering, Inc. is seeking a team-oriented, highly motivated, entry level Accountant for our St. Paul, Minnesota office. We offer full service Electrical & Controls System Engineering Consulting services in the US and abroad.
For over 20 years, Excel Engineering, Inc. has differentiated its services from that of its competition by providing engineering solutions to achieve our clients’ business objectives.
The accountant will be expected to use knowledge of accounting principles, tax laws and IRS guidelines to perform general corporate accounting functions including, but not limited to:
- Setup and administration of projects, including client/vendor contact and contract administration
- Processing account receivables and deposits.
- Preparing invoices
- Processing accounts payable
- Drafting purchase orders
- Data entry
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. CPA, CMA, CFM or MBA certifications a plus.
Skills Applicable to the Role
- No experience is required, though up to 2 years of corporate accounting experience would be a plus.
- Aptitude to learn Deltek Vision accounting software; any accounting software experience is a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in the organization in a team environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to various situations and willingness to step in for assistance as needed.
- Knowledge of MS Office software products (Word/Excel/Outlook).
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Excel Engineering is focused on cultivating a high performing culture where a service oriented approach, continuous improvement and goal orientation are valued. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment, Excel Engineering is for you!
Excel Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.