Eagle Creek Software Services Employee Reviews

Inept or Nonexistent Management
CRM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pierre, SDMay 2, 2017
Training seemed to be made up as it went along and was mostly irrelevant to real-life projects.

No onsite management so no one knew who was actually doing the work. Team lead assigned work greatly imbalanced but refused to contribute to employee reviews.

Lack of projects caused forced use of vacation and layoffs.

Blatant age discrimination.
Pros
Relaxed work atmosphere.
Cons
Completely inept management.
Horrible management and poor work culture
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDMarch 7, 2017
Management is cluless as to what a realistic timeline should be for a project. Staff gets overworked with no overtime pay. The culture is terrible. Most staff are plotting their escape and just waiting for their two years to come up so they can move on to bigger and better things. The pay is subpar and you're locked in because of the contract that everyone needs to agree to. I wouldn't recommend anyone take a job her…
Good Mid Size Firm
Senior Cons (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Work there for about 3 years on several interesting and challenging projects. The Sales and Support staff were great to work with. Preferred consulting engagements led entirely by Eagle Creek over staff augmentation engagements.
Great company! They have excellent Java and .net training
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Valley City, NDFebruary 23, 2017
My first real job after college. I got trained in on Java and .net. I am currently learning ODM. I have done consulting for huge company throughout the world. I would recommend
Pros
They have great benefits with a lot of PTO and 401k match.
Cons
Winters
Challenging consultant environment
Associate Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Valley City, NDApril 10, 2016
Great training class to get developers ready for professional application development.

A typical day involved starting with a morning scrum to determine what everyone was working on, checking in with our trainer/manager and develop for the rest of the morning. In the afternoon we had another brief scrum to discuss what had been accomplished in the morning and any challenges that we were facing

My coworkers and I all go along great (all of us were in our twenties and thirties).

Challenging and exciting work creating new apps that were specified by our instructors. At first it was difficult learning new concepts but as they were applied things began to get easier.

I enjoyed solving problems and creating new content. It is great to go from concept to delivered software product.

I learned a lot about development and how to create software in a team environment.
Pros
Challenging work, great co workers, pay was nice
Cons
Small company with decent management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 31, 2015
Working with good people on Siebel projects, though there was less flexibility than I had anticipated. Little politics, but also not a great deal of management direction.
Pros
Managed myself
Cons
Little job advancement
They'll use and abuse you
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2014
They talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Employees are seldom kept and they train people and underpay them to make up for the training expense.
Great place to work.
Java and .NET Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDSeptember 9, 2014
I moved out to South Dakota to begin my career in application development. While working at Eagle Creek, I learned a lot more then I did in College. Then they laid 10 people off at the same time. I enjoyed working there though. If I had to, I would do it again in a heartbeat.
A great place to work
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 9, 2014
This is a great company to work for and I like that they are keeping technical jobs in the US and bringing those jobs to North and South Dakota. I had an opportunity to learn a lot about technical recruiting from a great mentor.
Matrix Organization
Java Application Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pierre, SDMarch 26, 2013
Management often has unrealistic ideas about how the development cycle behaves, and will take contracts based on technology that no one there knows. This can often lead to bottle necking on projects, creating a large unused bench of developers. With this lay offs are common and happen once contact work gets slow. However EC does train its new people in classes of 20 to 30 people which helps build friendships and team dynamics quickly.
Pros
extensive training for new people
Cons
low pay, poor management
Run-Don't Walk
HR (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 7, 2013
This was by far the worst place I have ever worked. The founder is awful to work for and no one truly cares about you or the work you do.
Good company but management issues.
Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Valley City, NDOctober 15, 2012
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. They're helpful if it's anything you may have a question about if they have any knowledge concerning it. If they don't, they're always willing point you in the right direction to someone who can help. They had a change in management philosophy and the lack of communication between anyone above just your normal co-worker was very, very limited. Your opinion isn't appreciated at all.
Pros
benefits, great co-workers
Cons
inconsistent management
A good place to start
Consultant (Current Employee) –  SDSeptember 21, 2012
Eagle Creek is a good place to start your career but there are not long term opportunities.