Eagle Creek Software Services Employee Reviews

Small company with decent management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 31, 2015
Working with good people on Siebel projects, though there was less flexibility than I had anticipated. Little politics, but also not a great deal of management direction.
Pros
Managed myself
Cons
Little job advancement
Ok company to learn and build your resume
Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2015
Ok company
Ok benefits
Lack of growth, career path.
Management is deaf to employee's feedback. If you want to advance, you need to move out. Also, company does not invest in employees' training.
Pros
ability to work form home - once in a while
Cons
constant travel to client sites - flights
GREAT work environment! GREAT company!!
Application Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  South DakotaJanuary 31, 2014
I've been with this company for close to 3 years working in one of the project centers in SD. I will have to say that this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Not only do they offer you extensive training on object oriented programming but they pay you for it! Then your career just falls into place. There is never a dull day and always new projects to work on. Especially this past year with all of the company's growth. They are really involved in the communities in which they are located and are sure to have events planned to build team bonds. They have a set career path and from what i have experienced, do everything within their power to ensure your success. I started right out of college with a degree in Computer Science and was having difficulty finding a job with my limited experience. I am very grateful I found Eagle Creek. If you dont mind living in a small town, and want to get your career started in IT, I would highly recommend checking out Eagle Creek.
Pros
paid training, benefits, career advancement
Cons
project centers are in small towns
Good company but management issues.
Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Valley City, NDOctober 15, 2012
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. They're helpful if it's anything you may have a question about if they have any knowledge concerning it. If they don't, they're always willing point you in the right direction to someone who can help. They had a change in management philosophy and the lack of communication between anyone above just your normal co-worker was very, very limited. Your opinion isn't appreciated at all.
Pros
benefits, great co-workers
Cons
inconsistent management
Matrix Organization
Java Application Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pierre, SDMarch 26, 2013
Management often has unrealistic ideas about how the development cycle behaves, and will take contracts based on technology that no one there knows. This can often lead to bottle necking on projects, creating a large unused bench of developers. With this lay offs are common and happen once contact work gets slow. However EC does train its new people in classes of 20 to 30 people which helps build friendships and team dynamics quickly.
Pros
extensive training for new people
Cons
low pay, poor management
Great place to work.
Java and .NET Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDSeptember 9, 2014
I moved out to South Dakota to begin my career in application development. While working at Eagle Creek, I learned a lot more then I did in College. Then they laid 10 people off at the same time. I enjoyed working there though. If I had to, I would do it again in a heartbeat.
A good place to start
Consultant (Current Employee) –  SDSeptember 21, 2012
Eagle Creek is a good place to start your career but there are not long term opportunities.
A great place to work
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 9, 2014
This is a great company to work for and I like that they are keeping technical jobs in the US and bringing those jobs to North and South Dakota. I had an opportunity to learn a lot about technical recruiting from a great mentor.
They'll use and abuse you
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2014
They talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Employees are seldom kept and they train people and underpay them to make up for the training expense.
Run-Don't Walk
HR (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 7, 2013
This was by far the worst place I have ever worked. The founder is awful to work for and no one truly cares about you or the work you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eagle Creek Software Services. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9