Eagle Express Lines, Inc.

Eagle Express Lines, Inc. Employee Reviews

Driver
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2016
Pick up and delivery, us postal mail. Did not learn anything other than if you get involved in a accident even if it's not your fault, your done. I learned not to turn in any medical bills or file W/C claim. You are done. I was sating at a red light and was rear ended and was fired becuase I turned in two weeks of W/C pay.
Management is really bad, before its used to be nice people to work for.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the post office employees.
Nothing to say more.
I really loved my job but would not give them a part of my day now. No support from anyone in management.
Cons
Former employee( ia city)
Driver (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 22, 2016
I too was lied to from the very beginning. I was told It was 5 days a week. The communication is non existent to say least. And when they do communicate they have no idea what they are even saying. If a guy likes swing shift 2 to 3 different times per week and driving a day cab Mack for 785 miles a day and slip seating with the nastiest driver you ever met this job is for you. The trucks are worn out and they will never change it out. The fact of 6 days a week is even harder when you get off Sunday about noon or a little earlier if you are lucky after working a 14 to 16 he night shift only to go home to sleep and then start again @ 10:30 pm on Monday. To top it all off the insurance is about $2300 per month for a family and you cannot enter into the insurance exchange in your state for a cheaper rate either. They forgot to tell you that when you were hired too. The fact that every paycheck will be short of hours and no overtime is even more insulting.
Pros
Not a single one
Cons
More than anyone can imagine
Bad company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando FlMay 17, 2016
No matter how hard you work or how long you work for them they don't care about you. I gave them 14 years of my life and they treated me very bad. Stay away bad company to work for!!
Pros
pay
Garbage Company
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILApril 1, 2016
They do postal work. Part of your hourly wage is actually used to pay a "mandatory benefits package" They do not contribute or match health care and have no 401k, yet they mandate you have it. WTF!

They treat CDL drivers like garbage. They have split shifts and are almost always "on-call". Short for they have no idea what they are doing!

Management thinks they are smart, sadly its all in their mind. Having 20+ yrs in the Transportation Management industry, it was a joke listening to these people. Put a non-transportation pencil pushed behind a desk with a title on the door and he thinks he is a god.

Save your time and energy and apply elsewhere!
Pros
Right off they expressway
Cons
EVERYONE is "on-call", NO 401K, NO matching healthcare, Bad management
good at 1st
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2016
company was good at first but then changed the way they were paying a 5 hr layover in middle of 14 hr shift to not paying at all was a joke
Pros
Cons
all
A good company to work for.
Bulk Mail Transporter (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoyed worked for Eagle Express Lines. Good company that takes care of their employees and their well being. Good company to work for.
monies good. schedule stinks.
Mail hauler (Current Employee) –  pittsburgh , paSeptember 26, 2015
senority matters not. Run mail from center to center. physically the easiest job in the world. Dispatch managers are clueless.
unfriendly driver envirment
driver (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream ILJuly 27, 2015
percentage pay, if you get delayed in weather or traffic, you do not get paid for your time. If you are full time you must pay for their mandatory $2000 a month health insurence. So figure out your take home pay and take away $2000 a month, this is what you have to live on. If you are homeless and starving...maybe. Otherwise keep looking!!....If anything happens they will fire you on the spot no questions asked
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad driver environment
It was ok
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILJune 6, 2015
good schedule, semi nice co-workers, good benefits. A typical day is working 12 hours 3 days one week and 4 days the next, answering the phones and questions from the truck drivers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No advancement
Steady work with little time off.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream USPS distribution center.May 13, 2015
With this company you are just a number.
They deliver US Mail to the local Post Offices.
There are scheduled runs that go regardless if there is mail to go or not.
Pros
You have 10 paid holidays, job security some what.
Cons
you are scheduled 6 days a week, odd ball scheduled hours.
Poor Company to work for
Driver LTL (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILFebruary 28, 2015
They said I left under a load when all 3 office personal where had a resignation letter that said I would finish out the work week sunday to sunday and put a note in people net when I log off sunday afternoon that it was my last time to log out
It was ok
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILOctober 3, 2014
good schedule, semi nice co-workers, good benefits. A typical day is working 8am-5pm, answering the phones and questions from the truck drivers. and maintaining records
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no advancement
No Communication
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Millbury, OHMarch 23, 2014
I was lied to from the very beginning. I was told one thing during the interview and after accepting the job based on what I was told it turned out to be totally different. There is absolutely NO communication in this company. The management is the worst. The drivers are not treated with any respect at all. You are basically on call if your run involves a relay driver. You never know what your start time will be. Not once during the interview was I told your hours are subject to change at any time. The hourly rate is good as long as you know there is no raises for cost of living etc. No overtime pay. It was not uncommon to have to call payroll every pay period because of my pay check being short. The cost for medical insurance is very high. The new owner is starting to get new equipment in, but before the tractors had over 2 million miles on them. Hopefully the new owner can get this company turned around cause the driver turnover is really high. If you don't mind working 12-14 hours a day including weekends then this job is for you.
Pros
good hourly rate.
Cons
too many to list.
management rude and unprofessional
Us Mail Driver (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILJanuary 20, 2014
unless you don't mind having a life...I wouldn't work here..unles you are single
Pros
pay
Cons
not home...pretty much ever!
Good job, but hours are difficult to keep and have a family
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILOctober 1, 2013
I liked working here, but the hours were difficult because you had to work split shifts in order to get 8 hours in one day and there is NO paid overtime.
Pros
good pay in comparison to industry
Cons
benefits, split shifts, no overtime pay
Great job, great pay.
Driver (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILAugust 24, 2013
I loved my time at Eagle Express. Not many jobs pay as well starting out, or give you two weeks vacation after your first year. Contracting to the USPS means you get extra money for insurance as well. If I hadn't had to move, I'd still be working with them.
Pros
pay, co-workers.
Good Pay, Expensive Benefits, Terrible Work Culture!!!!
Driver/Postal Contractor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJuly 18, 2013
Pay is OK. Health Insurance is terrible, very expensive and the company contributes $0.00. Management suffers from a lack of communications and has a culture of chaos and confusion. Owners claim to be Christian, and go out the way in orientation to put Christians in front of you. However after orientation the thin skin comes off and the truth comes to light. Most the management appears to have been specially selected to compartmentalize the owners and protect them from the LIES!! Plausible Deniability!! Hours are long and equipment is poorly maintained unless you are in the Chicago area. Hometime is weekly but is very poor quality as they will call you back to work in a moments notice if you have hours available. Good runs go to senior drivers and new drivers get table scraps. Unfortunately senior drivers never leave or promote up so ability for new drivers to move up is null. Best Paying, But WORST driving job I ever had! Money isnt everything!!
Pros
better than average wages
Cons
lies lies lies lack of communications chaos work schedule
good place to work
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILApril 15, 2013
i like working there no more to saymmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pros
good equiment
Excellent work enviorment. Good co-workers
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILFebruary 4, 2013
Inspection of semi tractor and trailer. Drive to postal distribution center and load trailer with U.S MAIL. Deliver and pickup mail at post offices on route then head back to distribution center and unload mail for processing, and repeat.
If you like split shifts, odd hours
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILApril 11, 2012
If you like to be on call 24/7 calling in every day sometimes no call back for work while waiting then this is the job for you.

2.8