Eagle Express Lines, Inc. Employee Reviews

steady work,delivering US MAIL
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILSeptember 20, 2017
deliver mail from distribution center, to postal stores, learned how to manage time well,good management, friendly workplace, hardest part of job was making your scheduled times with such unpredictable road conditions. enjoyable part of job was the satisfaction of keeping the schedule and making all your deliveries on time and safe.
Pros
very busy, many hours available.
Cons
6 day weeks.
Decent trucks and predictable home time
Soon to be former driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
Not a bad job but here are some of the drawbacks

Long hours but They put you up in a hotel for your
10hr break.

No meal allowance

Health Benifits suck

Bi-weekly pay no option for cash advance
(Truck drivers are on the road where cash is needed to survive 2 weeks is ridiculous)

Sometimes run time is impossible
Trucks governed at 65!

Slip seating
Pros
Good trucks predictable schedule
Cons
Bi weekly pay & peoplenet computers Wish they had qualcomm
not so much in Vegas Nv
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2017
a start up out here, only mail supplies one way, all backhauls are are long beach cardboard loads or dairy hay or dead cell batteries, also has a beer account out of van nuys ca to live unload in Vegas. nothing consistent from week to week, home weekend mostly, benefits are a rip off, decent trucks and trailers. pay is bi-weekly at this out fit and no support from the so-called management over in Illinois.
Pros
weekends off and equipment
Cons
not enough postal to go around for all the drivers
Good benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  S holland ILAugust 2, 2017
They have good benefits and good home time. They are a trucking company that is very very poor driver appreciation and very driver unfriendly. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give them very poor 2
Needs improvement
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILAugust 1, 2017
Mgmt sucks, no one listens when you complain. Equipment needs overhaul. Dispatch keeps you in the dark and this company has poor communication. Maintenance only wants to do bare minimum, seems they lack concern for driver safety. Trailers are hard to keep once dropped at Post Office, other drivers take them so you have to go get one at nearby drop yard. The schedule is cut really close, I have a 10 hr round trip schedule, on Elogs, only gives an hr extra! Others only drive 6-7 hrs on their leg of rte. Could be a great company if they took an interest in drivers opinions and complaints. They took over Beam Bros recently, took their equipment and downgraded to old used Swift trucks. Only thing I enjoy is the home time!
Pros
Home time, pay
Cons
Poor communication, holiday work schedule, lack of raise
No quality of life considerations
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILJuly 30, 2017
No sick time, no personal time, one weeks vacation after one year which works out to one week the first two years. Mandatory six day work week and no overtime pay, all straight time. Just a total lack of caring about their employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
corporate attitude
After all its a job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILJuly 25, 2017
I don't have nothing too bad to say about this job, I want to leave because I want weekends off that's about it and I don't want to lay over in the hotel no more I want to be home, but the pay is good for the amount of work you do and they don't pay overtime but there equipment is good and their trailers are new.
Pros
Pay is good for the amount of work you do.
Cons
They pay every two weeks and you are limited to the amount of hours you can work per week
great benefits, salary,safety number one,good equipment,
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILJuly 1, 2017
Every day before I started driving I did daily inspection.
I learned to be on time at work and at the customer. After work all papers work filled out,leave a truck very clean.Very important part of the job is safety , safety!!! The violations are taken very seriously.
Pros
Bonus at the year
many hours
truck driver (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILJune 30, 2017
Better dealing with employess.
Not forcing employees to work illegals hours.
If the employee refuses to work extra time they will have negative consequences.
Good job, bad upper management,useless HR department
Driver (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 24, 2017
South Holland management is the worst I've ever experienced. The higher up the ladder you go,the more arrogant they become. Maybe it's too many years behind a desk,or a lack of hands on transportation experience, but their decision making and time management is absurd.
Pros
Terminal managers are helpful and friendly. Fox Valley, Palatine, Carol Stream, Isc, South Suburban, Romeoville, are all excellent.
Cons
Most terminals have no shop and no mechanic.Good luck if you have a mechanical problem.
eagle express
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILMay 10, 2017
would be a good place to work as long as office staff would stop lying to drivers .doesn't pay time and a half. for hourly work.management is a control freak. drivers don't even rank they r force dispatch and they claim their not. company has been sued for pour pay and fleet dispatcher.
Decent while it lasted
Driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMarch 3, 2017
Pros:

-Good Money
-Short Days
-Home every day
-Decent Equipment (because they upgraded trucks shortly after I got there)
-Hauling for the post office

Cons:

-Sometimes undoable delivery windows
-Confusing pay structure
-Some equipment was really bad
-Trip Sheets...Every...Day...

I don't know. It was alright. It was a job and it was a lot of money. The post office moved their processing facility so my job moved with it. Too far for me to commute, and I got no warning from the company until basically the day before it happened. It was a pretty easy gig really. People will always complain about something.
best job ever
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 18, 2017
Eagle is a great company. I work 4 days a week and off 3 days. I made 57,000 and home daily. I get 10 paid holidays and two weeks paid vacation. They have 401k. Job is easy and route is dedicated. Easiest job I ever had. Only downfall is insurance but if you have your own then you can collect an extra $700 a month to help pay for it. Some routes are slip seat so you hope for a clean and respectful slip seat driver. The pros out weigh the cons. I have the best fleet manager and for the first time in my life I can say that I love my job. I have been with eagle for 3 years and its been a great experience.
Pros
hourly pay, 10 paid holidays, vacation pay, 401k, health pay, dedicated runs, easy paper work, and peoples net so no log books and no running illigal so no worry's from the dot. Christmas bonus
Cons
slip seat, insurance, bi weakly pay
Good Company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2017
If you're willing to put in the work, they will keep you busy and make you plenty of money. Hands down, the easiest trucking job I ever had.
Overall good company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2017
Good company to start working with post office per hour pay . Well maintained equipment was bought out by horvestol . Runs are bids mainly located in the Midwest area
Pros
Hour pay
Cons
No jobs in Ocala fl
good place to work
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILDecember 8, 2016
90% of your day will be driving around Chicago ,All routes leave out after midnight .there a great group of guys out of the Peoria terminal (aka down town post office)
Pros
home daily
Cons
only night routes available
On call 24/7 - Say Goodbye To Your Marriage
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILNovember 29, 2016
For the years I have worked in trucking and for the companies I have worked for, this is the worst company.

On call 24/7, they will call your personal phone line regardless if something happens. They will call you when you are sleeping to answer questions. They want you to check emails on your days off. Also they refuse to pay for all work related calls on your personal phone. Fleet Managers do majority of the work while their managers are quick to fire Drivers, and shout offensive remarks throughout the office about Drivers, Dispatchers, and Fleet Managers.

This company is chaotic and shows no gratitude for the people who work there.
Pros
Cons
On call 24/7, pay, no employee retention, and etc.
Easy job and easy money, benefits suck though
Diesel Technician $24.00 (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 3, 2016
Lots of hours/work in all departments and roughly easy work. They are a mail contractor. Lots of stress on anyone in management and supervisors. Benefits are horrible and a 401k with NO COMPANY MATCH! So if you have benefits elsewhere and don't plan on retiring from this company and want an easy job then this is the place for you. My advice, save yourself the head ache and look elsewhere. Equipment is decent, trailers are trash though. I forgot to mention work weeks are 6 days mandatory.
Pros
Lots of hours available
Cons
Benefits suck, retirement is non existence and on call 24/7
A good place to work.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2016
Some of the work was hard, moving heavily loaded mail carts, cages and various other containers onto and off trailers, especially in HOT summer temps in Phoenix. Driving in rush hour traffic was a challenge. Driving at night presented different problems(fatigue, low visibility, etc.) The company was friendly, helpful, and ready and willing to work out any problems that arose. The pay was good and I had no problems with my pay. My immediate supervisor was great.
Pros
Direct deposit-no delays, paid vacations, paid Holidays.
Cons
Schedules were sometimes very tight. Hard to get time off.
Do your job and company isn't bad
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 2, 2016
I see many people complain about paying the benefits well if you have health ins from a spouse or somewhere else you don't have to pay those benefits you receive all that money on your check like I do. These reviews are saying they force you to take it no they are just upholding the law so they don't get in trouble thanks to Obama it's mandatory to carry insurance and your employer is obligated to make sure you have it or make you carry theirs. I have also learned just as with any company if you come in and do your job without hassle you'll never even hear from I think someone called them "pencil pushers who sit behind a door with their name on it" I have been hauling the mail out of Aurora IL for almost 13 years and couldn't imagine going somewhere else. How many jobs do you go to that you get 10 paid holidays from day 1 and after you complete your 1st year you get 2 weeks paid vacation and as the year continue you get up to 4 weeks paid vacation. I see many people leave and come begging for their jobs because they think the grass is greener on the other side only to realize how good they had it here. If you notice all the reviews are from previous employees that who knows exactly why they are no longer employees. Cone in do your job don't start trouble and it will be your favorite job you ever had.
Pros
Plenty of work available if you want it
Cons
Health insurance is expensive, if you don't have it elsewhere, but you can get it on your own at any time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eagle Express Lines, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7