Eagle Valley Bank, N.A. currently has an opening for a full-time Deposit Operations Specialist. This position will be located in our Hudson, WI branch. The Deposit Operations Specialist will perform a variety of administrative tasks in the Deposit Operations area in a manner that meets regulatory requirements and minimizes potential financial loss for the bank. This position is responsible for researcing and processing non-sufficient funds (NSF’s) and over-drafts (OD), completing online research, processing and adjustments in regards to photocopy requests, subpoenas, search warrants, levees, affidavits and garnishments, processing collections, and updating customer account changes. This position will also support the accounting, clerical, and customer service functions for IRA’s.
- Review reports for accuracy and distribute to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Process checks drawn on insufficient funds, returned deposit items, large dollar items, checking and savings non-posted transactions, stop payments and checks drawn on accounts classified as closed and/or dormant.
- Support file maintenance, clerical, retention and reporting requirements for closed and dormant accounts.
- Support the implementation or set- up requirements for re-occurring transfers.
- Perform accounting, administrative, and customer service functions to support IRA’s, including the generation and mailing of client notices, letters, and required government forms and documents.
- Update IRA operational procedures.
- Provide accurate and timely account information to internal and external customers, i.e. copies of checks, deposits, statement, deposited items, etc.
- Process adjustments as needed.
- Research, document, and comply with requests for levees, warrants, affidavits, subpoenas and garnishments within the requested and legal time frame.
- Process Transworld collection tasks to minimize potential financial loss for the bank.
- Process account maintenance requests, as needed.
- Assist with the processing of ACH and Wire transfers.
- Interact with internal and external customers under circumstances requiring tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Cross train and support additional Deposit Operations functions, as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and comply with, applicable banking regulations.
- Perform special operational projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- High School diploma or equivilant.
- Minimum of two years related experience; previous banking experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectivitely in a team environment.
Indeed - 2 years ago