Earlham College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
εξαιρετική καθοδήγηση και παραγωγικό περιβάλλον
Βοηθός Έρευνας (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 5, 2017
Μία τυπική μέρα στην δουλειά εμπεριέχει την διατήρηση καρκινικών κυττάρων και την προετοιμασία δειγμάτων που χρησιμοποιούνταν για την συλλογή δεδομένων. 'Ημαστε μία ομάδα 4 φοιτητών που δουλεύαμε υπο την επίβλεψη της καθηγήτριας Dr Maria Teresa Herd. Τις περισσότερες μέρες επαναλαμβάναμε το πείραμα, κι άλλες αναλύαμε τα δεδομένα και εξετάζαμε τα αποτελέσματα. Το πιο δύσκολο μέρος της δουλειάς ήταν η δημιουργία των δειγμάτων που ήταν πολύ απαιτητική. Το πιο ευχάριστο κομμάτι ήταν η συνεχής βελτίωση της ομάδας.
Nice relaxed place to work.
Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 29, 2017
The work environment is need in big changes in order to keep thriving as a College. Without big changes this College will not be able to keep up with other Colleges in the area or in the state of Indiana.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No one takes any responsibility for anything. Silo effect campus wide.
Relaxed and positive work environment.
Shuttle Driver/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 11, 2017
A typical day at work involved signing out the van keys, and driving the daily bus route until the end of my shift. I learned the importance of punctuality and dependability.
Small class sizes, Great professors, and rewarding experience.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INMay 26, 2017
I loved going to Earlham College. It had small classes, great professors, and I felt that I was more than just a number there. Additionally, I made some great life long friends.
A Great Internship
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 19, 2017
I loved working here, and I had a lot of great experiences, but it was only an internship that lasted about 3 months. We were compensated very well at this internship.
OK job
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INMarch 1, 2017
This was my first job and they were all really nice in training me and getting me used to the workplace environment. I didn't get a chance to move up or get a raise, but I didn't work there for very long.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not very frequent raises
friendly, nonjudgmental
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INFebruary 1, 2017
I would sit for hours and get little human interaction. I learned how to manage money will i was there. My boss was very friendly and nonjudgmental to questions. The hardest part of the job was when we would get busy, and it felt like a cloud of people coming at me. The enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
Quite, payed well
Cons
Boring
Enjoyable environment
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Richmond INJanuary 10, 2017
Students were awesome, it was always nice to learn some things the students could teach. The way they lived, what they were studying, where they came from. The countries they came from.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Not enough pay/seasonable
Highly Independent Workspace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 20, 2016
My various jobs and research positions at Earlham gave me a lot of freedom - for this reason, I've highly appreciated my opportunities working at Earlham.
Fun workplace with a lot of freedom for self innovation
French and Spanish Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 25, 2016
Working as a Language teacher assistant at Earlham college is very pleasant even though its demanding. The employers offer flexible times to meet the employee's schedule.
Productive and fun workplace
Application Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  richmond, IndianaAugust 17, 2016
Earlham College is a great place to work.

I enjoy working at Earlham College.

The students are the best part of my daily job.

Earlham College is a safe place to work.
Res Life at Earlham
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 14, 2016
I really enjoyed being a resident assistant, Earlham is a community that fosters and builds on the idea of equality. It definitely had the greatest staff to work with.
The sense of community is a plus. It is a very human environment.
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 15, 2016
I learned to be more relaxed and appreciate the academic freedom I had to accomplish the learning goals.
It promotes social justice, equality, and diversity.
It is a place where you find yourself as you are.
I love that college.
Pros
The diversity was great, the positive attitude of people
Cons
The technology in the classrooms. I had to take my computer with me.
enjoyed the work
Gift Processor/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 7, 2015
Co-workers treated me like family. I enjoyed the daily work. I had a difficult supervisor. She is a perfectionist and expected that from me. Just like most office, there were cliques that really frustrated me.
Pros
My own office, not much managing needed
Cons
difficult supervisor
A great place to work!
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 4, 2015
I have great customer service skills.
I dispatch, so I log anything the officer does, I look up information for them and send them out of calls. If there's an emergency I am the go to person. I get calls from the officers, students, faculty, staff, emergency phones and elevators, if needed I contact the proper people. I also do Microsoft word and Excel. I'm in charge of the emergency phone, campus operator phone.
Incredibly informative and fun
Cluster System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond IndianaMay 7, 2015
Working with an amazing team of like minded individuals on real world problems. Hours are very flexible and its work and learn at your own pace.
Cons
Student employment
Productive and fun place to work
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJune 22, 2014
Student Caller at Earlham College. I conducted phone calls with alumni, their parents and friends of Earlham College, talking about Earlham Fund used for Financial Aids, Campus Enhancement, etc. Very often, according to their will to donate money to Earlham Fund, I made money transactions from their bank accounts to the College Account.
Interesting job that keeps you busy.
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 5, 2014
Organizing and documenting the chemicals was fun, as well as washing glassware and readying labs for the next class. Going through MSDS sheets to compare to the chemical stock was time consuming but interesting.
Pros
Able to listen to music.
Cons
Only paid minimum wage, offered very few hours, no benefits.
Great work atmosphere
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJune 13, 2013
Office hours from 9-4 would typically be one-on-one academic meetings with our student-athletes to keep them on track with their academics and schedule tutoring appointments if necessary. Two to three days per week, we would entertain on-campus recruits and their parents by touring the campus and facilities, taking them to lunch and discussing our program with them. Afternoons (4 pm - 7 pm) would consist of either a full team practice, individual practices, or team weight lifting/conditioning programs. Nights (7 pm - 10 pm) consisted of phone calls to prospective recruits, either to get them on campus for an initial visit, overnight visit, or follow up with them about a previous visit.
Productive and fun place to work