Early Head Start Employee Reviews

Ambiente de trabajo el cual te ayuda poner en practica todoss tus conocimientos.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  San Germán Puerto RicoSeptember 11, 2017
Es un programa que te brinda la oportunidad de poner todos los conocimientos en practica. Te da la oportunidad de crecimiento y de brindan adiestrados para tu crecimiento profesional.
Pros
Plan médico y horarios fijos.
Cons
Vacaciones limitadas
Fun with Kids
Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Cripple Creek, COAugust 13, 2017
Early Head Start and Head Start careers are rewarding within themselves. Watching them grow and helping them learn is the best part. I got to bond with families and became close enough with the kids they would yell my name whenever they saws me coming.
To demanding for the pay
Preschool Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJuly 29, 2017
The work environment was very unprofessional. To much anamosity amongst the managers and lead staff. The job was to demanding for the pay rate, and lack of communication.
Pros
Working with the childeren
Cons
The rude staff
Excelent work place in harmony team wok
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Gurabo, PRJuly 3, 2017
I start as a mother participant doing voluntary work. Working in a classroom. Lately as escort for the children's at the school bus. That also helping in the kitchen. Initially we work with CDI company also from Head Start, they give us the opportunity to complete a professional development plan to complete a CDA.
Pros
Almost a month vacations
Cons
Restricted healht care
Early head start
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 13, 2017
Beautiful place to start your children at they provide transporation breakfast lunch and snacks outside time circle time and different types of play for our young children
great with heling low income families in the community
Lead Teacher/ Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 3, 2017
enjoyed working with families and providing them with child development information. Enjoyed providing them with Health and Safety information. Enjoyed working with them in he classroom as well as the home environment
Great environment, work culture
Home Visitor and Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with children and families at the EHS in Swannanoa, NC. A typical day was spent lesson planning and visiting families in their homes. The best part of the job was the relationships I built with families, and seeing them make progress on their life-goals. The hardest part of this job was dealing with marco challenges that families are faced with, due to larger societal injustices.
Pros
great culture, good benefits
Cons
lower salary and not sure about advancement
n/a
Home Visitor (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAJanuary 19, 2017
My typical day at work is occupied. I have figured out how to utilize what I do, with what I know to help bolster families and their kids towards an awesome future to be excited to learn and esteem scholarly achievement. More correspondence is required with administration. Fun exercises that are given are Fall Festival, Thanksgiving supper with families, Christmas programs, Spring Flings, and the End of the Year Celebration. The hardest piece of this occupation is being channel from visits and writing notes about the visit, rescheduling visits to fit your calendar, helping families get data that is expected to enlisted their kid into the program, and driving long separation. The most agreeable part about this employment is having the capacity to see a grin on the guardians confront when their kid has advance and having the capacity to help guardians to achieve their objective of doing a reversal to class or getting an occupation.
Pros
I have my own office space.
Cons
short breaks and less pay
Wonderful programs with a great mission!
Home Based Visitor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Not enough people are aware of the many programs offered by the Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency. If you don't know what we do I invite you to check out our programs on the mvcaa.com website.
Pros
Building strong relationships with families and coworkers.
Cons
Don't get into it for the money.
Fun and caring team working to promote healthy happy children and families.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 4, 2017
make your own schedule, complete weekly and bi-weekly home visits, data entry, give and score assessments, answering phone, 30 min. lunch breaks, child care teacher,very rewarding!
Pros
make your own schedule, work at your own pace
Cons
dont get paid a lot
Ehs
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAOctober 14, 2016
I enjoy working for the agency. The flexibility, autonomy and ability to grow professionally while building up my staff as well.
fun environment
Head Teacher in Infant Classroom (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching children grow and learn so many things! To know that you helped them learn and grow is so awesome to be apart of.
Pros
teaching children and watching them grow!
Ehs
Infant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 26, 2016
EHS is a great company to work for, who provide excellent work/life balance. A typical day at work included going to my classroom, fulfilling daily tasks, greeting parents and caring for seven infants. My management team was detail oriented and let us knew upcoming tasks and events. The hardest part of the job is to always remain calm and patient, the most enjoyable part of the job is providing love and care to the children.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lots of rules
Great work place environment
Infant/ Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMay 30, 2016
This company made me feel like I was always part of the family of Head Start. Sometime the communication between main office and our office was a little of,, but we usually had it resolved by the end of the week. The rules and regulation where fair and very strict.
An Excellent Organization
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLApril 22, 2016
Early Head Start makes a huge difference in the lives of children and their families. It is a very rewarding place to complete an internship.
Great Working Environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TX, Granbury TX, Cleburne TXApril 19, 2016
A great work environment where the objective is to help fill in the educational development gaps of under privileged children. Hardest part of the job is when your students graduate or move on because it is very hard not to get attached to your students. The most enjoyable part is knowing you made a difference in your students lives. I worked at three different locations and two out of the three were ran very smoothly and professionally.
Pros
the hours
Cons
no breaks
My Experience
Intern for Head Start (Current Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAApril 6, 2016
I really enjoyed my internship with Head Start/Early Start. It was a great experience because I know what to expect in the AdminIstration department along in the classroom setting.
Cons
Short breaks
Working with 0-3yr olds
Lead Pilot Teacher (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 20, 2016
The kids were very fun to be around. I was responsible for creating a fun, loving and positive atmosphere. It was very rewarding but at the same time it was hard work and stress levels could get very high especially if teamwork was slacking. Sometimes there was to much negative.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits, Free breakfast & lunch, Bonding with children
Cons
long hours, negative co-workers
Very important work
Family Mentor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 23, 2016
Working for EHS has been very rewarding and is important work. The bonds you build with the families is very special. A typical day, I'll have two or three home visits which last for 90 minutes each, and I'll go into the home and do parent-child interaction activities with them.
great family/work balance
Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJanuary 24, 2016
Good people to work with, but if you are not part of their inner circle, then it is better to just do the best work you can, but be a team player. Excellent position for someone who needs flexibility for personal and child related issues. Good support system. But better to be 'one of the group' as oppose to not.
Pros
flex time
Cons
cliquey