Early Head Start Employee Reviews

Exciting
HOME VISITOR (Former Employee), Dickinson, NDJune 2, 2015
Pros: activities
Cons: irregular hours
I loved working with the parents and children but guidelines changed and I was not qualified to perform my duties according to new laws
productive and caring
Education Specialist (Former Employee), Alameda, CAMay 20, 2015
Loved my job and the culture of the agency. The agency was there for the community and well loved by everyone. one of the best jobs I've ever had!
Love to work here!
Infants & Toddlers Teacher (Former Employee), Fajardo, PRMay 11, 2015
Good place for work, excelent coworkers and supervisors.
Is the best place for a infant and toodler, I'll miss them a lot.
Parafprofessional
Early Childhood Education Teacher (Former Employee), phoenixApril 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
This was a great learning experience. It provided me the opportunity to learn, grown and develop new skills working with children.
New learning experience with working closely with the caregivers and the parents of Early Head Start.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Waynesboro, GAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: playing with the toddlers
It is a pleasure working with the toddlers teaching them their ABC's, potty training, counting,and other basic skills preparing them for the Head Start Program or for elementary school.
Wonderful working environment
Teacher (Current Employee), Taylorsville, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Truly the best insurance composition, and paid time off. Friendly supportive and caring working environment. Everyone is always willing to help and collaborate.
teachers aide
Teacher Aide in Training (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 18, 2014
It's like any other job the rewards are with the children and how they learn and grasp skills
Clean workplace with children
Teacher (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 22, 2014
This company is one of the best companies to invest in children. The ratios are small, and the teachers are wonderful!
Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: break and being around such positive energy.
Cons: cleaning. some staff members didn't like cleaning.
I enjoyed working in this environment. People would be extremely considerate when it came to parents work schedules and pick up timing.
Fun place to work
assitant teacher (Former Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, WIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: seeing the smilig children
Cons: difficult parents
Cleaning the classroom. Caring out lesson plans. feeding the kids.
Comfortable Atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee), Plainwell, MIJuly 18, 2014
Pros: kinsli (my daughter) was at work with me
I enjoyed volunteering at Early Head Start because the people there were so accepting and nonjudgmental there and that really make me feel comfortable. I changed diapers, played with the children, and anything that the lead needed help with us volunteers help accomplished.
Watching how the children grow and learn.
Site Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandJuly 1, 2014
Pros: parent involvement, free lunch, paid time off, and benefits
Cons: lack of staff interest in their jobs and too many chiefs.
I would clock in, set up classroom daily with activities for children. We would interact with the children and parents through greetings and positive communication (Ex: How was your weekend, how was Susie's night, etc.
I learned to follow the child's lead, flexibility, creativity and children are people too and they need to be heard.
Management was conflicting at times, because they would not all the time be on the same page as far as giving accurate information.
Some co-workers I worked with were there to assist the children in progression and some were there just for a pay check.
There was no hard part because I enjoy what I do and what I bring to children, families, staff and the agency.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how well the children progressed and how most of the families were involved. I have had the majority of my families ask me about disciplining without spanking, potty training, and milestones of their children development.
Went into the home's of children birth to 3 and taught the Parent as Teacher's to the parents and children
Home Visitor (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OHJune 3, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: to much pressure
I did home visiting working with children birth to 3, taught the Parents as Teachers following lesson plans that were guided to there age, also worked with parents showing them how to make things from home to work with there children.
I learned how important it is for children to learn and feel safe in there home and I seen many children learn and grow.
Our group of teachers were great we all worked together and supported each other and also traveled to many trainings.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to help some families due to there fear's of people coming into there home or feeling like we might judge them.
I always loved being able to help families and enjoyed when children were standing at the door waiting for me to arrive.
My Ideal job
Spanish home visitor/ Spanish Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Anderson, IndianaMay 13, 2014
I work with 10 families currently -- through our home based program. I visit each home weekly to complete lessons with mom, dad and children. I teach development, life skills, and advocate in the community per individual needs.
We were up for recompetition this year and lost our program grant to a bigger corporation.
Working with families
Home-based Parent Educator (Current Employee), Circleville, OHApril 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short breaks
Great working environment
Rough house visits
Little opportunity for growth
a nice place to work
Senior Head Start Teacher (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2014
Pros: free child care
Cons: we're closing permanently
the work day begins at 8:00 am and ends at 4:00 if you are not working overtime for some of the reguired meetings,good atmosphere and work environment, a diverse setting ,always have the best interest of the children and families being served
Safe and good work enviorment
Janitor (Former Employee), Chickasha, OKApril 10, 2014
Typical day was spent cleaning the building. I learned more about young children. Management was very good and co workers were friendly. There was no hard part. Most enjoyable was keeping the building clean and sanitized for everyone.
Worst management ever
Teacher (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: tranings are great
Cons: will not fight for you
The program in itself is wonderful for children, however the upper management is the absolute worst ever.
Fulfilling
Home Visitor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: dealing with communication issues with manangement
I really enjoyed working with the team I had at our office. We all worked well together and had a strong passion for what we did.
Management was located within a different building and communication with them was always a struggle.
The hardest part of the job was having time to do everything I wanted to do with and for the families.
Fun with the children
Teacher (Former Employee), Libby, MTJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: children
Cons: management
I loved that I got to play all day, I learned a lot about administrative, documentation and state and federal guidelines. Management was a little hard to work with at times. I got a long with the co-workers, although I felt childish games were going on at times. The hardest part of my job was to teach and to keep up with the center both, while trying to implement programs that were required.
My favorite part were the children and watching them grow and learn through playing.