Early Head Start

Early Head Start Employer Reviews

Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: break and being around such positive energy.
Cons: cleaning. some staff members didn't like cleaning.
I enjoyed working in this environment. People would be extremely considerate when it came to parents work schedules and pick up timing.
Fun place to work
assitant teacher (Former Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, WIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: seeing the smilig children
Cons: difficult parents
Cleaning the classroom. Caring out lesson plans. feeding the kids.
Comfortable Atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee), Plainwell, MIJuly 18, 2014
Pros: kinsli (my daughter) was at work with me
I enjoyed volunteering at Early Head Start because the people there were so accepting and nonjudgmental there and that really make me feel comfortable. I changed diapers, played with the children, and anything that the lead needed help with us volunteers help accomplished.
Watching how the children grow and learn.
Site Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandJuly 1, 2014
Pros: parent involvement, free lunch, paid time off, and benefits
Cons: lack of staff interest in their jobs and too many chiefs.
I would clock in, set up classroom daily with activities for children. We would interact with the children and parents through greetings and positive communication (Ex: How was your weekend, how was Susie's night, etc.
I learned to follow the child's lead, flexibility, creativity and children are people too and they need to be heard.
Management was – more... conflicting at times, because they would not all the time be on the same page as far as giving accurate information.
Some co-workers I worked with were there to assist the children in progression and some were there just for a pay check.
There was no hard part because I enjoy what I do and what I bring to children, families, staff and the agency.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how well the children progressed and how most of the families were involved. I have had the majority of my families ask me about disciplining without spanking, potty training, and milestones of their children development. – less
Went into the home's of children birth to 3 and taught the Parent as Teacher's to the parents and children
Home Visitor (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OHJune 3, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: to much pressure
I did home visiting working with children birth to 3, taught the Parents as Teachers following lesson plans that were guided to there age, also worked with parents showing them how to make things from home to work with there children.
I learned how important it is for children to learn and feel safe in there home and I seen many children learn and grow.
Our – more... group of teachers were great we all worked together and supported each other and also traveled to many trainings.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to help some families due to there fear's of people coming into there home or feeling like we might judge them.
I always loved being able to help families and enjoyed when children were standing at the door waiting for me to arrive. – less
My Ideal job
Spanish home visitor/ Spanish Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Anderson, IndianaMay 13, 2014
I work with 10 families currently -- through our home based program. I visit each home weekly to complete lessons with mom, dad and children. I teach development, life skills, and advocate in the community per individual needs.
We were up for recompetition this year and lost our program grant to a bigger corporation.
Working with families
Home-based Parent Educator (Current Employee), Circleville, OHApril 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short breaks
Great working environment
Rough house visits
Little opportunity for growth
a nice place to work
Senior Head Start Teacher (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2014
Pros: free child care
Cons: we're closing permanently
the work day begins at 8:00 am and ends at 4:00 if you are not working overtime for some of the reguired meetings,good atmosphere and work environment, a diverse setting ,always have the best interest of the children and families being served
Safe and good work enviorment
Janitor (Former Employee), Chickasha, OKApril 10, 2014
Typical day was spent cleaning the building. I learned more about young children. Management was very good and co workers were friendly. There was no hard part. Most enjoyable was keeping the building clean and sanitized for everyone.
Worst management ever
Teacher (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: tranings are great
Cons: will not fight for you
The program in itself is wonderful for children, however the upper management is the absolute worst ever.
Fulfilling
Home Visitor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: dealing with communication issues with manangement
I really enjoyed working with the team I had at our office. We all worked well together and had a strong passion for what we did.
Management was located within a different building and communication with them was always a struggle.
The hardest part of the job was having time to do everything I wanted to do with and for the families.
Fun with the children
Teacher (Former Employee), Libby, MTJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: children
Cons: management
I loved that I got to play all day, I learned a lot about administrative, documentation and state and federal guidelines. Management was a little hard to work with at times. I got a long with the co-workers, although I felt childish games were going on at times. The hardest part of my job was to teach and to keep up with the center both, while trying – more... to implement programs that were required.
My favorite part were the children and watching them grow and learn through playing. – less
Fun and family oriented place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Waycross, GASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: free luunch
Cons: no health care
Very productive and fun workplace. Always something different from day to day. Never a dull moment, always learning something new with childeren.
Exciting environment
Consultant for ICF International, ACF Region III (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 30, 2013
Pros: rewarding
Cons: balancing work and life
If you love children and families and is innovative, this is a great place to work
overall good experience
Parent Engagement (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: very low pay
grew professionally, however, low pay made it difficult to make ends meet
Fun environemnt
Teacher (Former Employee), Marin City, CAJuly 18, 2013
Family empowerment
Supportive management
High Quality
Flexible
Productive and Fun Workplace!
Teacher (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJune 24, 2013
Pros: vacation, great co-workers, healthcare
Cons: paper work!
Lesson Plans, Observation notes, Home Visits, Parent Teacher Conferences, and trainings. I learned how to look to the future of education. Management was supportive, caring and informative. Keeping up with paper work was the hardest part. The most enjoyable was the trainings we had!
Meaningful and fulfilling work
Lead Teacher & Site Director (Current Employee), Reno, NVJune 5, 2013
Working at Early Head Start is both challenging and rewarding. The days can be laid back or may bring rather serious and unexpected crises, as we are working with what is considered to be an "at-risk" population. The bonds we build with our children and families are the highlights of the job, and seeing the growth that takes place makes the rougher – more... times worth it all. – less
Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
Internship (Former Employee), Clinton Township, MI 48035February 7, 2013
A typical day would consist of making phone call to income qualify potential clients for the services available with the company, and creating new clients profiles in the system. It was a very warm and inviting place to work and I really enjoyed being around the people I worked with. Some of the pros were that I did not have to travel very far to arrive – more... there and cons were that it was only temporary. – less
excellent Place
Teacher (Former Employee), PRJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: quality, multicultural, benefits
Cons: salary
My typical day at work was teach childrens between the ages of 0 to 3 years old interact with their families give a quality of service.
I learned a lot how to manage different situations how to work with childrens with discapacities, about cuurriculum.
The management was excellent.
My co-workers were excellent we work as a family.
the hardes part of – more... the job was leaving.
The most ejoyable part of the job was learning so much about everything. – less