Early Intervention Employee Reviews

Learning experience indeed.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 30, 2017
This job started off very intimidating, especially because I was in charge of very delicate and sensitive files. In early intervention, I worked with files for children under the age of 3 with many different physical and mental disabilities. The people who hired me were very kind and always eager to teach me new things. This job opportunity was very hands on and throughout time I was also able to meet some of the children who were being helped. If I could I would love to work here again. It was great pay and amazing life lessons.
Flexible scheduling allowed
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMDecember 22, 2016
At home-direct services are performed with clients. I am able to schedule my own appointments which is the best part about my current job. For the last 4 or 5 years my employment has allowed me to set my own schedule. Being a wife and mother, I love this aspect.
I have learned that no two clients are the same. Regardless of their delays, each person is unique and must be treated in uniquely therapeutic ways. What works for one may not work for another. The job has demanded a great deal of research and it has been enjoyable to learn how to help the children overcome developmental, speech, and motor delays.
The hardest part of this job is the cancellations without notice. I drive many miles every day to serve my clients and am often let down when they miss appointments. Another difficult part of my current job is a blatant lack of communication among the co-workers and upper management. Frequently the clients are told one thing by the Family Service Coordinator and something different by the Director. This can cause undue misunderstandings.
Pros
flexible scheduling, work with families, play therapy
Okay workplace without job security
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2015
Answering phone calls for client or medical providers, processing referrals, data entry, drafting and sending confirmation letters to providers.

I hardest part of my job is knowing that company is not doing good business and the best part is being able the help the client.
Pros
hour lunch, comp time
Cons
no benefits or jobs security
good vs. bad
Service Coordinator Greene County Public Health (Former Employee) –  Catskill, NYApril 14, 2015
Good job that comes a feeling of accomplishment in the work that you do. However, staff is very petty, gossipy and rude to new employees.
Pros
Good and interesting job
Cons
Not a very nice work culture. Old employees are rude to new hires.
Home therapy with children birth-3
Developmental Therapist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 30, 2014
I loved working with children in their home environment. I loved the families that I worked with and the flexibility of the job.
I enjoyed interactions with parents that were serious about their child,s growth
Developmental Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisNovember 25, 2014
The hardest part of the job was working in the different environments that were not always clean or good for other individuals lives.
set my own scheduel and their is place for advancement no benefits
Special Instructor (Current Employee) –  Augusta GeorgiaAugust 22, 2012
I love working with kids and what I do, work just gets slow as far as getting a client and no benefits. I have learned a lot from my job and co-workers as I continue my education and move higher up the ladder.
Pros
mileage pay and setting my own scheduel
Cons
no benefits and work getting slow