Early Learning Center Employee Reviews

Excellent, wish I still worked there.
Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grafton, MAJune 5, 2016
ELC was an excellent place to work, I had two amazing lead teachers to lean on while I figured out how to work in a classroom and then they were there while I worked out how to RUN a classroom with my own assistant.

I never felt like I couldn't ask a question, not with administrative staff or with my direct coworkers. It's a very loving environment for the kids and parents as well. There were ups and downs like any job but the positive greatly outweighed the negative, I cried when I gave my notice.

Management was always approachable, though not always easy to track down. The pay did not start high but raises seemed to be very regular.
Pros
great coworkers, paid training, decent benefits
Cons
1099/w-2 hybrid
The owner was the only good thing.
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oran, MOMay 25, 2016
At the Early Learning Center the owner was the only good thing about that job and to this day I would do anything for her. However, the people that were employed there made it miserable to exist there and since it was in a small town it was not easy to get a raise or advance. The business is now closed but the owner is still an amazing person and if she would to ever reopen with new employees I would be right there to help her.
Pros
The owner is amazing
Cons
The employees were horrible to work with
Good hours and a steady scheduele
Inbound Agent (Former Employee) –  Montoursville, PAApril 6, 2016
American customer care provides paid training weeks, and help assist with any calls (inbound or outbound). They also provide healthcare insurance after 90 days of employment. However, the supervisors are not as understanding as they should be and let go of people all the time.
Pros
Contests, prizes, 3 breaks throughout the day, and steady scheduele
Cons
Lack of work days when people would get sent home and hours cut short
Family owned and operated Invested in the best for children and staff
Lead Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grafton, MANovember 14, 2015
This center was brand new. Very well run, organized and staffed. Employees were treated well with great benefits and vacation time.
All of the family worked here, staff felt respected and supported.
Staff was given adequate breaks and there was an ample supply of toys, games, art supplies and equipment.
Pros
Fair pay, benefits, time off, safe working environment.
Cons
Business was sold shortly after I left.
Life as a Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Trotwood, OHNovember 13, 2015
When I first began the job stress was manageable because of the Administration. My principal was amazing, supportive, assistant principal too. But as the years went on and the district changed so did the entire administration. They went from being teacher or human focused to bottom line focus and what the "teacher" wasn't doing enough of.
Pros
Wonderful colleagues
Cons
Little support for Teachers in classroom, difficult maintaining quality substitute teachers, little to no lunch break/ planning periods
Day at Learning Center
Teacher and Teacher Asst. (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 20, 2015
If I was afternoon teacher I would get there at 12 noon at lunchtime. I would help feed children lunch and put them down for nap time. Nap time would be until 3pm. After nap time I helped get children up and take them to go potty. Snack time was next, after that we went outside weather permitting. Some parents picked up while outside other picked up after we went inside. When we went inside we would have different centers set up for the children to play and learn while waiting on their parents.
Pros
free training shops
Cons
no benfits and no sick days
I enjoyed going to work everyday. Everyone very nice.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 31, 2015
Enjoyed working with children and teaching them reading and writing. I assisted teacher with daily activities. I also assisted with breakfast and lunch.
A Day in the Life
Director (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 13, 2015
Overall, ELC was a fun and interesting place to work that offered a rewarding career in the child care field. Overall I just could not contend with many of the things that management wanted.
Pros
Discounted child care, Rewarding career in child care, Excellent learning experience
Cons
No Healthcare or Benefits
Send your child some were else
Executive Director I (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJuly 3, 2015
The education this school offers to young children is just okay. Their curriculum is so out of touch with todays high standards it's sad.
Pros
Short days
Cons
Low Wages
Productive Center
Teacher Aide/Child Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 22, 2015
I love the center it has showed me a way to be compassionate for children in helping them develop and learn. It is a great place to work at and I would recommend anyone to work there if they have a love for children.
daycare center
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 13, 2015
Open the classroom,feed the kids,clean and close those areas.the co workers are great and you can build great relationships with parents and kids.
Pros
off weeknights and weekends
Cons
working with small kids
great
Assistant Director/Pre K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 28, 2015
great company to work for there are lots of oppurtunities to grow within the company and much more. i will recommend to any one
Amazing co-workers
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYDecember 11, 2014
With toddlers running around your hands are always full. All staff members work as a team to keep everything organized in the classroom and make sure children are always cared for. Always fun activities with the children and never a dull day!
fun daycare to work at
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 14, 2014
twenty four hour daycare . worked several days a week with different ages of kids each day. loved working with the babies the most. at least two adults to every room.
Pros
great breaks
Cons
young workers
The Early Learning Center is a place that really allowed me to grow.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 25, 2014
Each day I would be assigned room to be a Teacher Assistant in and assume full responsibilities of that position. I would help with food prep, assist with family style dining, lead activities, lead group time, set up activities, constantly make sure every child is accounted for, and open or close the room if needed.

I learned behavior management skills, how to lesson plan, how to be creative and come up with activities on the fly, how to multi-task, and how to work with children with special needs.

I was in-charge of a whole classroom with the help of another teacher so depending on the age from 6-18 kids at a time.

Each co-worker had a different teaching style and I quickly picked up on them and never had any conflicts.

The hardest park is if there is an accident, taking care of all the children while the other teachers attention is only on one child.

Seeing the children's face light up when they learn something new, master a new technique, or just say something that completely makes you smile are the best parts of the job.
Pros
making a positive change in a child's life.
Cons
sometimes a child just grates on your nerves and you still have to put a smile on.
Great child care
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAApril 9, 2014
Amazing staff
wonderful kids
great pay
fun work environment
learned a lot about childcare
Pros
fun work enviorment
Cons
not many hours available
Somewhat productive
Group Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bronx,NYApril 5, 2014
My Typical day at work is teaching and interacting with my students. I have learned how to manage a classroom according to the common core standards. My co-workers are a pleasure to work with, most times they are cooperative. The hardest part of the job is dealing with children with difficult behaviors and trying to get them the appropriate help they need.The most enjoying part of my job is seeing the children grow and excel in every area of their life.
Pros
flexible
Cons
health benefits
Productive and fun workplace working with toddlers
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAMarch 26, 2014
I love kids so I really enjoyed myself volunteering here. I worked with toddlers from ages 2 1/2 to 3 yrs. of age.
Fun work enviroment
Professional Development in Education (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXMarch 23, 2014
Taught preschool age children. Very informative coworkers.
Pros
teaching students
Fun workplace
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Madison, VAMarch 3, 2014
A typical day at work at the Early Learning center is very busy and fast paced. In working there I learned a lot about taking care of people. Also about how to communicate more with the parents and children and how important cleanliness and safety is. Really miss my co-workers there they were awesome people to work with. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing and playing with the children everyday and making their day enjoyable.
Pros
good hours, decent pay
Cons
no benefits

Early Learning Center Reviews by Location