Early Learning Center Employee Reviews

Educational and positive workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 17, 2017
I collaborated closely with the director, staff and parents to create a daily curriculum and lesson plans that were both educational and culturally stimulating.
Pros
Teachers are creative and the director is very hands on within the workplace.
Cons
Expensive healthcare/dental
Could be a better place but...
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
Could be a better place but it's not. Parents are extremely difficult to deal with. They expect miracles with their children and do absolutely nothing to meet you halfway. They are very prejudice and most days make it really hard to enjoy doing what you love. Management is not true to words. Makes a lot of promises that never happen. Will alter your time to keep money in their own pockets. Cares nothing of the employees at all. Overall a very horribly ran business.
Pros
Cons
No overtime no benefits bad management
A fun and safe day!
Subtitute/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 27, 2017
A fun walk to the playground and amazing day all of them getting along helping them overcome fears and angers management on some of the students. A great meal after a fun activity and ready for class! my favorite part of the day was when they were all ready to listen to a fun and adventure story ...

In Some occasions my day started early when I had to work in the office to substitute one of the secretaries or a paraprofessional (teacher helpers) I loved those days because I learned new things...
Pros
free lunch
benefits
Average
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Grafton, MAJune 16, 2017
It is childcare. Its a good start if you're looking to go into education. It is sometimes stressful. Very hard to take time off as there is little to no coverage.
Fun place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJune 1, 2017
As an intern, I was able to observe many of the different jobs that cdi offers. I was able to observe different types of therapies in which it inspired me to continue to work with children with disabilities.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No room to grow in company
for school
childcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 26, 2017
worked here while going to Tennessee state university the daycare was a very nice environment for the kids but the teachers made it hard for students like me to get paid
Fun place to work, great hours.
Licensed Program Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2017
This was one of my favorite places to work. We had wonderful families here and got to know them on a personal level. Unfortunately, it closed down several years ago.
hardest part of the job
Teacher/ Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMay 7, 2017
Not being adequately staffed on a daily basis. The pay doesn't begin to coincide with the job performance they expect you to maintain. Pay raises are nearly impossible to receive unless they threaten to leave.
Daycare teacher assistant
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 4, 2017
Working at the Early Learning Center was one of my favorite volunteer experiences. I got the opportunity to go there and work with the children and also work with the teacher. I loved seeing the children get excited when I walked in. I also enjoyed watching them grow and develop.
Fast paced environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grafton, MAMarch 20, 2017
A great place to work if you love children. High quality early education and care. Also provides before and after school care to children enrolled in public school.

Want to know more about Early Learning Center?

Ask a question
I love what I do
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Blythe, CAFebruary 14, 2017
* A typical day at work is about the same routine done daily.
* What I have learned is changes occur from one day to the another.
* Management needs organization
* Workplace culture is awesome
* The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a child that
cannot communicate with you.
* The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting and socializing
with the children daily.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No breaks, no Holiday pay
Job summary
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 9, 2017
Overall it is a good work envionement. The staff is friendly and helpful. My supervisors are easy to contact. The job security is good.
The most enjoyable part...
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  San PaFebruary 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the children and seeing them grow and learn. However, the pay is not good. Even with your A.A in ECHD they don't pay that well.
Cons
Pay
a typical day at work
Avas Garden (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 13, 2016
very going. educational and still able to enjoy being a child. many opportunities come with this job and I will return when another position is available .
Pros
everything is wonderful
Cons
n/a
Productive, on hands, working with others.
Assistant Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAAugust 23, 2016
Teaching lessons plans, prepping food/snacks,and teaching basics. I learned how to work with groups of all ages. The management was nice and always worked with their staff. It was a team environment. The hardest part of the job is when the kids are defiant, although even in that time its still a learning experience for us as well. When everybody is having a good time.
Excellent, wish I still worked there.
Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grafton, MAJune 5, 2016
ELC was an excellent place to work, I had two amazing lead teachers to lean on while I figured out how to work in a classroom and then they were there while I worked out how to RUN a classroom with my own assistant.

I never felt like I couldn't ask a question, not with administrative staff or with my direct coworkers. It's a very loving environment for the kids and parents as well. There were ups and downs like any job but the positive greatly outweighed the negative, I cried when I gave my notice.

Management was always approachable, though not always easy to track down. The pay did not start high but raises seemed to be very regular.
Pros
great coworkers, paid training, decent benefits
Cons
1099/w-2 hybrid
The owner was the only good thing.
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oran, MOMay 25, 2016
At the Early Learning Center the owner was the only good thing about that job and to this day I would do anything for her. However, the people that were employed there made it miserable to exist there and since it was in a small town it was not easy to get a raise or advance. The business is now closed but the owner is still an amazing person and if she would to ever reopen with new employees I would be right there to help her.
Pros
The owner is amazing
Cons
The employees were horrible to work with
Good hours and a steady scheduele
Inbound Agent (Former Employee) –  Montoursville, PAApril 6, 2016
American customer care provides paid training weeks, and help assist with any calls (inbound or outbound). They also provide healthcare insurance after 90 days of employment. However, the supervisors are not as understanding as they should be and let go of people all the time.
Pros
Contests, prizes, 3 breaks throughout the day, and steady scheduele
Cons
Lack of work days when people would get sent home and hours cut short
Family owned and operated Invested in the best for children and staff
Lead Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grafton, MANovember 14, 2015
This center was brand new. Very well run, organized and staffed. Employees were treated well with great benefits and vacation time.
All of the family worked here, staff felt respected and supported.
Staff was given adequate breaks and there was an ample supply of toys, games, art supplies and equipment.
Pros
Fair pay, benefits, time off, safe working environment.
Cons
Business was sold shortly after I left.
Life as a Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Trotwood, OHNovember 13, 2015
When I first began the job stress was manageable because of the Administration. My principal was amazing, supportive, assistant principal too. But as the years went on and the district changed so did the entire administration. They went from being teacher or human focused to bottom line focus and what the "teacher" wasn't doing enough of.
Pros
Wonderful colleagues
Cons
Little support for Teachers in classroom, difficult maintaining quality substitute teachers, little to no lunch break/ planning periods

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Early Learning Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval