EARTH FARE, INC Employee Reviews

Venture capital companies are not rewarding
Senior Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCMay 30, 2017
The work culture used to top notch. The niche they once enjoyed has become very disruptive. Where the industry will continue to grow the players involved now have made everyone's slice of the pie smaller.
Pros
Healthy food and education is spot on!
Cons
It was hard to compete with Whole Foods
You Can't Judge a Book by it's Cover
Wellness Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNMay 25, 2017
The culture of the natural food and supplement industry is a supportive positive environment. Earth Fare, Hixson, has some awesome staff. The situation breaks down from the upper management levels. Staff hours have been slashed down to the point that Department Managers have to take on the work of multiple people with no additional compensation or support. Communication with upper management is generally responded to by being told to make the impossible happen.
Dedicated positive staff are not respected or supported here.
Advancement is possible for some as they fire so many good people that there are always positions opening up.
The company presented its self as a wonderful family with long term job possibility. In reality you will be required to do the work of an entire Department alone or with a skeleton staff. Even if you are an awesome worker and knowledgeable this company is not likely to be your long term place of employment.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Extreme under staffing, disrespect toward Staff including Department Managers
Construction Dept
Store Planning (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 11, 2017
Although I really enjoyed my co-workers, Earth Fare as a company still had work to do to become an efficient construction department. Corporate Management was not inept to needs of construction management.
Great Work Environment
Food Service (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 23, 2017
Although management can be unappreciative, the co-workers were wonderful and supported each other. Willing to work with you on availability and addressing problems in a professional way.
Productive and clean
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Perfect part time employment. True team environment, with friendly staff. A good balance of work and play. In a developing area Earth Fare will continue to grow with its environment.
Fun team environment with diverse array of customers.
Cashier & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 10, 2015
Customer interaction was enjoyable due to variety of people and products that we sold. I learned more about operating more up to date cash register systems and a lot about different products in the store. Management was wishy washy at times, with lack of communication, but the attitudes were typically very positive. Co-workers were the best part of the job. My least favorite part of the job was the disorganization.
Pros
Free drinks (coffee, tea, water), employee discount.
Cons
Low pay, scattered management, began to transition to caring more about money and less about customers.
Great concept, really really bad execution
Customer Service / Specialty Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 24, 2015
This company has a great food philosophy and hundreds of ingredients that aren't allowed into the stores at all. In short, the products here are supposed to be top notch. Too bad the management isn't.
Typical day in the specialty department involved checking all cheese for expiration/mold, cutting/packaging cheeses for the case, creating samples, customer service, and stocking wine/beer.
I learned so much about cheese, wine, and beer. Really great information, though it had to be picked up from co-workers and individual tasting. (Earth Fare doesn't sponsor any alcohol education for ppl involved in wine/beer sales.)
The management is truly awful. Very, very few managers are experts in their departments and most seem really happy to sit in the back office while their departments fall more and more behind. Routinely, poor managers are rewarded with promotions. It's no wonder this store can't begin to match Whole Foods.
The hardest part of the job is watching good workers be totally unappreciated by management. In addition to that, the gossip here is rampant. I even heard gossip from managers regarding other people's illnesses (very personal info that I would imagine would qualify as a serious workplace violation if the person in question had been aware).
That being said, the team members here are awesome. You will work for some of the worst managers ever but with some of the coolest people you will ever meet.
Pros
Team members are awesome!
Cons
Management, pay, entire corporate structure.
Fast Growing and Fun Place
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCOctober 9, 2013
Earth Fare was my first full time accounting job after graduation. Working in AP taught me a lot about the flow of information and perfected my data entry skills. It was very repetitive, but a great bunch of people to work with. The accounting department made it a point for all of us to go out for lunch and socialize once a month. My supervisor was a nice guy who appreciated efficiency.
Pros
Lots of free food and other products, Really good and supported mission and vision
Cons
Repetitive
good company to work for
Butcher / Service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2013
it takes a long time, but there is advancement potential. I wish I ad stayed with them longer.
A fun workplace with awesome co-workers and customers
COURTESY CLERK/ BAGGER (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 11, 2012
1. It's always a nice and peaceful at work
2. I learned how to bag groceries, locate most grocery items and
using the telephone to page someone
3. Every one I work with are amazing and very respectful to work
with.
4. I have fantastic management at my job
5. Dealing with conflicts of customers
6. My most enjoyable part of the job is seeing children with a
smile on their face
Pros
talking with my most favorite customers
Cons
short breaks
The concept is wonderful: clean, healthy food. I hesitate to review a place that I currently work.
Bakery Associate/Cook (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAMay 17, 2012
Again, I hesitate to review a place that I currently work at, please understand.
Pros
great coupon offers via email and texting, prices are a bit high, it is good to utilize these offerings.
Cons
no merit raises, rules are followed by all or enforced, this breeds resentment, there is not alot of follow through