Earth Fare Employee Reviews in United States

fast work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2016
* Used customer service skills to aid in customer experience.
* Stocked merchandise as needed.
* Clean and organize
* Used cash register skills to request and record customer orders in a timely fashion.
Corporate Takeover of Local Grocery
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 17, 2016
This reactionary company has made business decisions that have failed numerous times, and has a history of bleeding its sources dry to fund major sinks. Individual stores can be pleasant, but the corporate culture is toxic and poorly managed.
very misleading and unprofessional horrible treatment
Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
I've been in this business a long time. I have never seen a company ran so unprofessionally as this one is. I didnt believe it at first but the turnover is unbelievably high for a reason. I watched them cut peoples hours down to nothing in the middle of a pay period with no empathy or care at all. I understand having to cut labor but not during the week. They can care less if you have a family or if you work hard or not. The dm doesn't even speak to employees when he comes in. They always tell you to have fun but when there's a ton of work to do and your alone its difficult but your expected to get it all done or you will be written up job threatened and eventually gone. There is no training what so ever. No one knows what they are doing and the customer suffers.Concept was great. Benefits real good as well. But the company is run like a popsicle stand. If it was run by people who know what they are doing it could be successful. What a shame.
Pros
benefits and good people you work with
Cons
to many to list
Fun work place, managers were verbialy abusive
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 2, 2016
We would be cursed at and yelled at in front of our co workers and costumers. They dint want us to talk while working we even had to limit our conversation with costumers. they would hover you watching your every move. and some were way to touchy
Pros
I loved my costumers
Cons
two of the managers
Great people to work with, not for.
Assistant Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 28, 2016
Open the store, put up trucks and put out stock, work on the schedule and invoices, cover shifts, assist customers.

Started in the dish and after 2 years worked my way up to Assistant Manager.

Learned how to more proficiently use Microsoft work and excel, how to make a schedule, how to train new starts, how to do catering orders, how to do invoices and inventory.

Most of my co-wokers will come in and do a phenomenal job while others won't even try.

Hardest part is dealing with impossible consumers and with how upper management has become since the new CEO took over.

Being around the people I work with, especially those who appreciate what you do and will help you out,
Pros
Coworkers, employee discount, steady job
Cons
Upper management, major hour cuts, terrible raises
The Worst Ever
Meat & Seafood Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 22, 2016
This is the worst company I ever worked for.
They will never make it in Atlanta because they are not for real. They will get chewed up spit out and sent back to N.C.
They do not value any of their employees and there are zero incentives to work there. Again this is by far the worst place ever to work. 1 man working all day in a meat and seafood department is ridiculous. They pay fast food wages with pitiful benefits. Upper management is clueless and not very smart at all.
Do yourself a favor and never work for this company.
The worst ever.
Pros
They have to abide by the law.
Cons
They finds ways around the law.
NO opportunities for advancement
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 14, 2016
Be prepared to work for a LONG time before you have even a slight opportunity to advance in the company. Even then, they are very picky and play favorites with whom they are actually giving the job. If you don't get hired in at full time, don't expect to get it any time soon. Hours are fluctuating, and you almost will never be able to rely on a consistent set schedule. Lots of employees on food stamps. Almost all the people who work on the floor are super friendly though, and are amazing to work with. That and the 20% discount are the only benefits. Work is monotonous in all departments. Lots of non-communications between stores and corporate. They will almost always say "NO" to any request to change anything in the stores. Managers have quit left and right in the last 6 months, and their work loads have been passed on to under paid employees who do not get compensated appropriately. Lots of expired product can be found on shelves, but no one is encouraged to check for these things ever. A very, very not fulfilling place to work.
Pros
20% discount, great coworkers
Cons
poor management, non-attention to expired product, inconsistent schedule/hours, hardly any opportunity for advancement
My most challenging job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 2, 2016
Working at Earth Fare has its pluses and minuses. I have meet great people whom i now have grown to become friends with. At the same time with so much upheaval within the management, moral can be an problem
I had to put one star because there is no zero star
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 20, 2016
The worst place to work for....
Everybody quits or get fired
District manager and assistant managers in the store in Greensboro do not very much to keep people happy, sometimes irregularities happened while I was there
Find something else , Not a good place, horrible!!
Go and talk to the employees or just see their sad faces!!
No stability and no Communication
Employee (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 5, 2016
This is by far the worst company I have worked for. In one year the location that I worked at went through 5 store managers and nine transitions including temporary manager while finding the next store manager. There is a lack of communication. To much favortism.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
No one cares. Severe disconnect from home office to store level
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 4, 2016
People are lazy. You are required to do everything in the store. No specific job descriptions anymore. Often put in very stressful unnecessary situations due to lack of management poor management and others not being considerate. Basically, there is no real management going on besides mayyybeee one or two individuals and they are grossly out numbered. These few individuals will try to do their jobs by taking charge and are met with resistance everywhere especially by the store manager so these people end up doing 90% of the work load while others get paid to mess around. Closing is a joke because most of the managers refuse to close and it is always severely light staffed in the p.m. I'm talking 4 - 5 employees with 1 MOD running around like a crazy person. There is no accountability for any of this nonsense and it is basically a huge joke and I will not be surprised if the store closes within the year with the competition closing in and the fact they can't get their s*** together!
Pros
Food philosophy 20% discount
Cons
Home office disconnect, confusing sales, rude customers, lazy employees & most management is pathetic, in-cohesiveness with home office ran by children, No accountability whatsoever
easy job
dishwasher/busser (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 30, 2016
Fun work place. Management easy to get along with. Learned how to work meat and cheese cutter. Co-workers made the job easier and made the work environment more fun.
Pros
50% off on grogceries
Cons
nothing was free
Great place to work.
Food Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIMarch 24, 2016
They are fantastic. They are they most relaxed place I have ever worked and provide a great atmosphere in which to work. I have no qualms whatsoever about working here.
Pros
Free Food for employees that is not eaten by customers.
Cons
productive fun place to work
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 15, 2016
great store with great management and great co workers. very fast paste specially during weekends also very educational in learning different fruits and also learning more about health
nice job
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHFebruary 24, 2016
good summer job to have but doing dishes in the winter is bad and its always fast paced. Overall Not a good longtime job at all.
Pros
some days are slow
Cons
to much work for minimum wage positions
Stressful and low pay
Food Service / Scan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 16, 2016
Although working with my coworkers, we all got a long, a few of the management would be somewhat lazy and expected a lot for how much you were being paid. Its a company that wont last long. There wasnt enough staff due to hours being cut and not a lot of sales coming through. Store management was great, such a nice person to work under. I quit due to being overly stressed with no assistance and was screwed over with pay.
Pros
My store management being so understanding and being helpful
Cons
very low discounts for lunch, other management was lazy, constantly had to ask for people to do their part so I could do mine correctly
organic food store
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 15, 2016
The typical day at work was make sure the deli case was stocked and full and customers were taking care of. I learned that there are different healthy foods you can really eat for different reasons. The management was difficult at times when the store was not where certain customers did not want it to be. The hardest part of the job was to keep management happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was different personalities and being introduced to new things.
Pros
events
Cons
management
Embrace and drive change. Be better, eat better and give more.
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46227February 11, 2016
Our food philosophy is what makes us a great supermarket. Our Declaration is what makes us a great company. I embrace simplicity, never settle, be good and do good, we're all in this together and let the good times roll.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
hours ( 32 or less), job stability, location and pay.
Terrible management
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHFebruary 4, 2016
Schedule was never set/consistent, making it nearly impossible to schedule anything around it without having to either miss out on hours or the hassle of finding someone willing to switch shifts with you last minute. Yes, last minute.

I was once asked to take on three separate positions without a raise or full-time status, leaving me with the option to do three jobs while making the same amount as everyone else only doing one job.

Co-workers were always great, but always leaving.

Not open to new ideas.

Worst of all? In my (and many others') opinion, TERRIBLE management. Extremely unprofessional up front.

New owners, less community-involved.
Pros
20% discount, friendly co-workers
Cons
everything else
fun workplace and productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at Earth fare is coming in and greeting customers and making sure your duties of that day meet the requirements that they ask. I learned that you have to be very reliable as a cashier at Earth Fare, and as far as management goes i believe that the manager that i work under is great and i couldn't ask for better. My co-workers are great people to be around and show a lot of great personality. There isn't really anything that is hard about this job because it is pretty explanatory, Although the most enjoyable part of my job is the every day customers that come in and are very social and friendly.
Pros
they work with your schedule
Cons
not enough recognition, too much favoritism

2.8