Earth Fare

Earth Fare Employee Reviews

Not Enough Time To Spend With My Family
Produce Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 19, 2015
My favorite part of the job is building displays and encouraging my team.
The hardest part of my job is having to keep my team upbeat even though the company has taken an extreme change in management and is expecting everyone to do the job of four people. It can be exhausting and frustrating.
I have learned to lead a team along with a lot of office work that came with my title. I have to not only submit my bills but then check my general ledger to make sure I am being billed for the correct items. I've grown as a professional with this company but it is time for me to move on to bigger and better things.
Very nice friendly enviroment
Customer service (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: had to leave
People that worked there was caring and loving. We all got along. the hours were a lot did more work than what the title called for but it's cool when the people are nice.
Great place that embrasses individuality
Bakery Manager (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMay 8, 2015
Pros: 20% employee discount, life/work balance is embrassed
Great place to provide wonderful customer service while being yourself. Love educating customers about our strict food philosophy that all products must adhere to in order to be sold at Earth Fare.
Friendly enviroment
Wellness Clerk/bookkeeper (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2015
Pros: 20% off anything other than Alcholo
This company is great at making everything personal and friendly to the customers and to employes. As a bookkeeper you need to always have a smile on your face and greet everyone and help customers with any problems that they may have. Its not only the customers that i assist but the cashiers that need help with the computer system or the managers that need help getting task around the store done.

I have learned many things from this company from natural to healthy living, as well as managing people, and keeping account of money and records.

Everyone is friendly and is always open to listing to others and helping out where it is needed.
Okay for Part Time work
COMMUNITY RELATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), huntsville, alApril 16, 2015
Freedom to be yourself

Great food discounts

Compensation was not enough and the hours are long.

Management doesn't really work with you.
Overworked and way underpaid.
Scan Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbia, SCApril 13, 2015
Employees are paid well below industry standards and are offered no training or support when they apply for a promotion. Their is a complete lack of communication from the top down. Too stressful for what they pay.
I loved that place
Customer service (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free food, cool people
Cons: I left
I learned how to respect people no matter there beliefs, orientations understand the fact that we all people. I was exposed to a whole new culture and way of life that was new and very cool.
Productive and fun work environment
Juice Bar Employee/In-Store Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 30, 2015
I have loved my time at Earth Fare. I have always had the choice to move up. The management team is exceptional and listens well. Most of the coworkers are great.
Productive and fun place to work with easygoing coworkers and supervisors
Cashier (Former Employee), South Asheville, NCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: employee meals (1/2 off hot bar), multiple breaks in shifts 6 hours or more, pleasant environment
Cons: 10 min breaks, pay/hour inflexbility
A typical day at work included some rushes and lulls, but overall had a good balance of workflow. During lulls, there were plenty of opportunities to help out with general cleaning responsibilities, even other departments that were shorthanded which is good for expanding experience. While at work, communication between management and lower levels was good, but when not at work leaving important messages was sometimes difficult to exchange.
It was a fun, layed back place to work.
Deli Team Member (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: breaks were good
Cons: a little ruddness at times
They needed some one of different culture or race. They thought I would act a certain way which I did not. they wanted to me to act ghetto and they thought that if they tested me I would but I didn't I kept everything as professional as they did. I was still fired and not the other person that was working with me who has been there half a year. she knew what to do so I decided to help and I was the – more... one to get the boot. One of the managers I don't know it seemed like he hated me a lot. He always talked to me like I was the one who had a problem like comprehending I'm a high school graduate. and I am 20 years old. I know between right and wrong and I know when people are trying to make fun or hurt me in some way. he talked to me with a lot of force in his voice. like I always made him mad. He was so close to my face and asked me if I understood. it was crazy and unbelievable that he would do that in the work place and on top of that being a manager and talking down on a new employee. it shocked me to see how the work places can be. – less
You will enjoy working with the people at Earth Fare .
Floral Manager/cut fruit produce specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte NCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: discount on hot bar/salad bar
Cons: no benefits
Good place to work overall. The employees are nice and have a great attitude. It is easy to recognize familiar regular customers who are also nice. Management keeps up morale by letting you work in different areas of the store and give out shirts often.
Most Unprofessional and Unethical Company I've worked for
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: mgmt, hr, upper mgmt
Earth Fare is seriously a joke for a company. They participate in very unethical and unprofessional business practices from the top down. Upper Mgmt and Mgmt are very disrespectful to employees under them and they participate in favoritism. Mgmt made promises during my interview and they were not kept upon my hire.

HR is the biggest joke. Instead of helping and protecting good/hard-working employees, – more... they give the go ahead to fire ones that don't have a stick of documentation in their file b/c of some ridiculous employee complaints. HR did more damage to the people in my store. They cannot effectively/objectively deal with a situation.

Overall the company and stores are run very badly. If they could be run by mature, hard-working, respectful managers then stores would be more productive and employees would experience a better quality of life in relation to their jobs. – less
Organized, but relaxed work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), GreenvilleJanuary 5, 2015
The business aspect of Earth Fare is run very well. The entire company has structure and organization. Despite being so well structured and organized, it still maintains a relaxed work environment, which is very nice.
A fast paced, dynamic entity.
Scan Coordinator (Current Employee), Akron, OHDecember 9, 2014
Pros: paid 10 minut breaks
Cons: ever increasing workload with no assistance.
A typical day at work involved using retalix to send batches to the P-O-S (that word is tagged as inappropriate - it means POINT OF SALE) to active price changes sent from home office, followed by making missing signs or tags, and then walking the store for other various problems.
fun, easy going work flow
Meat Clerk (Current Employee), Augusta, GADecember 7, 2014
Pros: lack back work environment
Cons: pay, no benefits if part time
i enjoy working there but if you are looking for a full time job and need benefits. don't bother. they will try to keep you at part time so you don't get anything. they will work you 30 hours. 2 hours awayt form full time. it wouldn't be too bad if there was some sort of part time benefits
unproductive leadership
Cook/Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Noblesville, INDecember 3, 2014
Disorganized management no training or follow up procedures. No advancement or guidance lack of organized management with no responsibility from management no accountability.
A great company to work for, though the local location has poor management
Deli Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Athens, GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: north carolina-based insurance benefits are desirable
Cons: poor management practices and inconsistent employee compensation practices
Earth Fare has a great company ethics policy, and there seems to be ample room for employees to move up with the company. The Athens loctation, however, has had management issues from the departmental level up to the general store management position. Compensation and hiring procedures lack consistency within individual departments, and due to unsatisfactory human resources at this particular location there has been an eighty to one hundred percent turnover among entry level associates in the past two to three months alone.
Earth Fare
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Hoover, ALOctober 14, 2014
I enjoyed working at Earth Fare ,I learned about a healthy way of living and the people I worked for was friendly and helpful to me as well.
Not a fun environment, no room for advancement.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNOctober 8, 2014
I was left unattended for hours on end. My manager was never there to see the work I was doing. It was not an ideal work environment. I was expected to understand how to make displays without any previous knowledge.
Great workplace
Book Keeper (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALSeptember 19, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

1 2 3 4

About Earth Fare

Founded in 1975 in Asheville, North Carolina, Earth Fare is the authentic specialty organic and natural healthy grocery store – Read more

Earth Fare Salaries