Earth Fare Employee Reviews

Are you kidding me
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 16, 2017
General Manager his name is Cole in Asheville, NC. A typical day is very stressful this manager does not care for the employees. And store worries more about a profit margin than there employees. They mark up all there items because a lot of them are organic, they just rip the customers off and the poor customers thing they are getting a deal.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Don't shop there or work there
Good company with identity crisis
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed the job very much, but the grassroots feel was beginning to fade and a more corporate cloud was moving in. It really changed the entire vibe of the work day, but my tasks remained largely unchanged.
Coworkers are friendly, but the store manager and CEO aren't enjoyable to be around. Customers are pretty rude too.
Pizza Maker (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 7, 2017
Earth Fare is a company that loves to boast it's organic and healthy foods they sell to their customers. Fact is, the guys up top couldn't care less about their customers and even less about their staff. I find myself gritting my teeth a lot of the time I'm here. Whether it's the rediculous standards we have to work with, the laughable corporate managers, or the rude and needy customers, this place serves more to test your patience than it does to pay your bills. If you need to work somewhere part time while you're in school being here isn't so bad, but being a full time worker, this place got old pretty fast. We aren't mindless drones, we're just sick of the unnecessary amount headache we get.
Best job ever
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 31, 2017
This was easily my favorite job that I've ever had. The people are great, customers are great, the work was fun and fast paced, and management was flexible and friendly. Unfortunately my store closed in January of 2016.
Pros
Discounts, free coffee and tea, benefits
A great place to start
Receiving Manager/Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
Over the years the culture of Earth Fare has changed but it is in the process of reclaiming some of that. NO bonuses, NO overtime, managers rotate in and out quite often.
Pros
20% off of purchases
Cons
NO overtime
very fun place
Customer Service/ Stock (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHMay 22, 2017
when i first started there i didn't know a thing about "healthy" food, coworkers there make it a super simmple transition. you meet people you wouldn't expect to me.
Enjoyed educating the customers
Sales Associate/ Juice Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 21, 2017
I have always been interested in clean eating and catering to those that live by the same motto. Working at Earth Fare taught me more about how to live a clean lifestyle. I enjoyed the people I worked with as well.
loved working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 19, 2017
i loved earth fare. excellent benefits and took care of their employees, you can defiantly move up and be proactive in the company. i learned alot and would go back if i could.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
went coperate
Perfect Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NCMay 15, 2017
Earth Fare was far most the best retail job I have ever had gotten, I enjoyed the easy pace work environment and the respect I got from all of my co-workers
Pros
Respectful manager and clean registers
Cons
Busy holidays but tolerable help
Decent job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 6, 2017
Working as a Cashier for Earth Fare was a very good job. If you are a good employee, and do your job, this will be an easy job. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for this job and company.
Great environment for workers and customers.
Front End Cashier/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 30, 2017
A normal day at work would be building tills, making sure the front end was on task, answering any customer or co worker questions. Also having to close down the store at night as well when bookkeeping.
I learned leadership and responsibility.
The management is great they treat everyone at work fairly and make the environment fun.
Best part of the job was seeing the regular customers come in and also work with great co-workers.
Pros
Great environment, and staff.
Cons
Short breaks
Productive place to work.
Head bookkeeper/Front end supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCApril 18, 2017
This company has been a second home for me for the past seven years of my employment. It is a place for friends and family to congregate as well as an education of nutrition and how to live a healthy lifestyle which is what my education is all about.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2017
I enjoyed serving customers and stocking the deli. Management seemed to care about the customers and employees. This was a fun place to work with lots of support from my coworkers and supervisors.
Pros
great atmosphere, nice coworkers and management
Cons
wish there was higher pay
Great health message, horrid execution
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 16, 2017
Coworkers and customers are typically nice, friendly individuals. Severely understaffed. Corporate takes an inexcusable amount of time to replace management positions.
Pros
Good, healthy food options.
Cons
severely understaffed, slightly overpriced.
A fun and great location
Assistant food service manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2017
Haru enjoy working for after and its culture. There are about being healthy and no GMO he'll cruelty to animal products help provide a healthy lifestyle if wanted to
Pros
20% off all purchases in-store, paid vacations good benefits
Going downhill fast
Wellness clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 6, 2017
New management has come in, departments are downsizing. Hours are being cut drastically. Management runs around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Staff is nervous and unhappy. Store in now dirty and poorly organized. Hot bar is using a lot of canned stuff now, and prices are going up.
kids meals and meals every sun where we interacted with costumers
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2017
make sure you hire reliable skilled and knowledgeable meat managers.make sure they have morals and the companys best intrest at hand not just hire because they are the only avalible person.
too much gossip
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 11, 2017
not a healthy environment. I haven't been there long but too many people with agendas for me. Hours keep getting cut and working load keeps going up and not enough is for customer service. Too many changes on a daily basis....they keep it so confusing I have 3 managers, two seem to only be in back mostly cooking for hot bar and the other blows thru and doesn't seem to do much except yell at us and hang with upper management. Seems that all people here do is complain and back stab each other. Giving notice soon.
Pros
20 percent discount
Cons
food left outan get warm and then served
Fun place to work. Management lacking
Shift Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNMarch 8, 2017
I loved EF to begin with however certain promises and expectations were made to me that could not be followed out due to corporate
decisions. Ended up being disappointed overall. Communication between departments is extremely lacking.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
scheduling and management issues
Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  AmericaMarch 7, 2017
If you're looking for a boring place to work then this place will be great. I didn't enjoy working here at all and the upper management weren't very friendly.
Pros
Good Food
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Earth Fare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8