East Alabama Medical Center Employee Reviews

Easy job with poor management
Life guard (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 8, 2017
The job was fairly easy, but had poorly scheduled hours. The management was very poor. The condition of the facility was on a decline because of unorganized management
Learning To Be A Tech.
Certified Donor Services Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 28, 2017
My time at East Alabama was a huge learning experience. I wouldn't change a thing! Everything was new to me, I learned something new which each passing day.
family oriented
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 23, 2017
very family oriented nice place friendly people they are willing to train you and help you advance in your career have several training and classes to help you do so
Pros
great place very family oriented
benefits
Productive Workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 13, 2017
A typical day at work is busy, but entertaining and fun. Everyone is a pleasure to work with and I miss my job there. Unfortunately, my husband's job relocated us to Melbourne, Florida but were optimistic about the location! The most enjoyable part of this job were the employees and the patients. The patients were usually in a good mood and happy to be there (I worked on the Mother/Baby unit). Will miss this place and the people dearly.
Benefits
Cons
Cafeteria
Wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 12, 2017
This a great place to work with wonderful staff. The managment is great, of course there also issues which good be improved but overall a "good" work environment.
productive and fun to work for.
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 21, 2017
submit claims to Medicare Blue Cross and Medicaid. Correct Medicare claims on line. Submit secondary claims to Medicare, Blue Cross, Commercial and Medicaid. Follow up on claims that were not still outstanding. verify insurance. Called insurance company. the hardest part of the job and getting Commercial Insurance company to pay. The enjoyable part of the job is receiving payments from the insurance company.
Very educational and fun experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 4, 2017
I worked in the Rehab department with disabled kids. It was one of the most rewarding experiences that I have had the pleasure of getting to do. Watching the children there succeed and accomplish new tasks everyday was very rewarding.
Welcoming and helpful work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 5, 2017
I worked five weeks in the Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinic and five weeks in the Diabetes and Nutrition Center. On a typical day I helped with breaking down and organizing patient files, answering the phone, sending doctors notes, scheduling and rescheduling patients, and checking in patients while having them fill out the appropriate paper work. This required working with Cerner software. I also learned to and assisted with uploading patients' insulin pumps and ordering their lab work through both Lab Outreach and Quest. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the staff and learning how to better interact with patients coming through the clinics. I learned a lot about proper communication and organization while witnessing helpful educational classes used to inform diabetes patients.
Pros
Nice and helpful staff, free lunches, clean environment
Cons
Disorganized at times, high no show rate at times, some rude patients
Patient Reg Rep
pt reg rep (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALFebruary 17, 2017
My typical day consists of scheduling patient appointments, data entry, verifying patient info. Management is extremely helpful at EAMC. There is a lot of cultural diversity at EAMC.
Summary
Registration Rep. (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALFebruary 16, 2017
It's ok. Reasonable.Pay and work time could be better. Some management is ok some is not. Depending on department and shift determines a lot
Multi Care Technician
Multi Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALFebruary 1, 2017
Everyone I've encountered works well together over all it is a good place to work. Often some units can become a high paced environments
Cons
cost of insurance, pay could be better
Great place to work!!
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 18, 2017
EAMC has a great community of people to work with - they are truly like family. The supervisor's are all very helpful and accommodating. They do a great job of ensuring that you get your breaks, even if it gets pretty hectic. There is always someone available to help.
Adjusting to a new environment
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day starts with checking floor to floor in search of rooms that needed work done to the floor. Management could use some help.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Takes care of their patients well.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 28, 2016
I learned about love and tolerance and hope taking care of many different types of patients at the hospital. I enjoyed the experience of the hospital setting.
Felt like family
Application Support - Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 20, 2016
This was a wonderful place to work. Most of my experience in the medical field came for all positions I held here. I worked from file room clerk to a wonderful position in application support.
Productive workplace with great opportunities.
Unit Clerk and Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 30, 2016
East Alabama Medical Center was an overall great place to be associated with. They offered many opportunities to expand through outside programs that were affiliated with the hospital including education.
Always something new going on, loved taking care of patients
Transporter, Radiology Clerk, Secretary (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 2, 2016
Good place to work, downside, you have to walk a mile every where you need to go. I would not mind working there again. You get to know lots of people. Taking care of people was rewarding.
Pros
Lots of nice people and on site cafeteria.
Cons
walking so far to get from one place to another and from parking to inside.
Nutrition and Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 19, 2016
Working in a hospital is a fantastic place to work. They give you great benefits and they are very interested in helping you succeed. I personally enjoyed gaining valuable experience from working there.
Pros
Cheap meals
Cons
Hard to get time off
Working with a team of co-workers who where committed to doing the job right.
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALFebruary 21, 2016
*A typical day at work was learning the surgical instruments and how long they had to be kept in autoclave.
*I learned how to clean and assembly surgical instruments for various surgeries on trays.
*Management was not fully trained to manage department.
*My co-workers and I worked as a team to get the job done.
*The hardest part of the job was standing for extended periods of time.
*The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work and working with my co-workers.
Pros
Getting the work done on time
Cons
Not having enough people there to do the work
great opportunity for gainful employment
MCT/Unit clerk/csp (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 4, 2015
Good place to work and grow . a person can learn many things,departments,people. Great chances for advancement. I started out in central sterile processing and then playing a role in the Emergency room. I liked it
Pros
advancements