East Alabama Medical Center

East Alabama Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

like working here
( Nursing Assistant) / Receptionist (Current Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 6, 2015
Pros: insurance
Cons: don't make much money
Nursing assistant I ran the CVICU day to day operation. I learned you need some education to make money. love my co worker. My job is not that hard. Everyone is like family
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my days at work but the compensation was poor.
Transporter- Lead/Trainer (Former Employee), Opelika, ALJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: the job in itself was rewarding when getting to help others.
Cons: breaks were too short and the pay wasnt compensative for the amount of labor involved.
A typical day at work involved heavy labor. I was responsible for lifting patients of all sizes on to heavy equipment and then using said equipment to transport patients to different areas within the hospital. As lead transporter I was responsible for making sure other employees worked as expected and answering their questions when they were faced with conflict on the job. I was also responsible for training new employees.
I learned a lot about leadership at this job as I was put in leadership roles. I learned better communication skills as well as what it means to work as a team even when you are the leader.
Most would tell you that the manager of transportation is hard and unreasonable which may be true in some aspects. In my personal opinion, she was the hardest boss I've ever worked for but I am a better person and a better leader because of it.
I enjoyed all of my co-workers. I usually get along well with everyone I meet but I definitely came to bond with a lot of my co-workers as we were faced with a lot of hard situations, such as death of patients, together.
I would say the hardest part of my job, other than the labor, was working in an environment that is mostly unpredictable. You would never know what type of mood or condition your patients would be in. Also, it was challenging working in an environment where you are exposed to so many germs, diseases and viruses that could potentially lead to death if protocol wasn't followed.
I loved my job because I love helping others. I was often able to see the fruit of my labor as I would watch patients heal and get to go home to their families and back to leading a normal life. I feel most rewarded when I am able to make a positive difference in someone else life and I found the opportunity to do that every day at East Alabama Medical Center.
Pleasant work atmosphere.
Document Imaging Technician (Current Employee), Opelika, ALSeptember 9, 2014
Responsible for prepping, scanning, doing quality control and validation of patient records.
MADE POSSIBLETO GIVE EXCELLANT MEDICAL CARE
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Opelika, ALSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: experiences, new skills learned
Cons: down staffing and lots of physically demanding duties
MY HOURS ARE FREQUENTLY VERY LONG, STRENUOUS, VERY BUSY WITH A SHORT STAFFING PROBLEM, I AM REQUIRED TO TAKE CALL WHICH HAS BECOME TOO MUCH FOR MY AGE AND FOR TOO LONG. I HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH MANAGER AND COWORKERS. THE CALL AND STANDING UP AND LIFTING IS THE HARDEST PART AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, I MAY BE GETTING TOO OLD FOR SUCH STRENUOUS WORK BUT I KNOW MY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE CAN BE VALUABLE IN OTHER ASPECTS OF NURSING. I HAVE SEEN OTHER NURSES PLACED IN LESS STRENUOUS POSITIONS AND THRIVE AS PART OF THE CARE TEAM.
i enjoyed working at EAMC
Supervisor Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee), Opelika, ALAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: always on call on days off
i trained scheduling personnell and offsite modalites on scheduling system. i made changes to the system based on what the departments wanted for example preps,exam times, and questionaires. conducted monthly meeting with my employees to discuss productivity and goals.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Opelika,ALAugust 15, 2014
imput data for impatients as well as deliver medicine to each floor of the hosptial
Loved working here!
Multi Care Tech (Former Employee), Opelika, ALAugust 6, 2014
My co-workers were great to work with and always helping me learn new things. The benefits were really good too!
Busy hospital for being in a rural community.
Computed Tomography Technologist (Current Employee), Opelika, ALMay 19, 2014
This place stays busy. Benefits are fine and educational opportunities for employees are readily available. A scholarship program is also available.
Audit Coordinator (Current Employee), Opelika, ALApril 14, 2014
Love the people I work with. Great benefits. Generous employer
Seeing caring nurses and EMTs taking care of patients
HR REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: stressful workload
A typical work day is very stressful. I learned that it takes co workers dedication in order to work together as a team.

Hardest part of my job is being able to handle the workload.

The most enjoyable part of the job is new hires and even employees come up and hug your neck and say hello just walking down the halls.
Productive great workplace
Multi Career Technician (Former Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 14, 2014
Helped patients nurses and doctors when needed.
Learned many new things in healthcare.
Management was great.
The job was too rewarding knowing you were helping people to complain and that was also the most rewarding.
Ok place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Opelika, AlFebruary 21, 2014
It's been an ok place to work for a first job. Learned a lot working here but I'm ready to move onto the next phase.
Paramedic
Paramedic/ Station Leader (Former Employee), Opelika, ALFebruary 12, 2014
Worked as a paramedic on the ambulance, very good place to work other than some front line supervisors that are not reined in.
I loved working here in college
Security Liaison (Former Employee), Opelika, ALJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great management, lovely staff, fun enviornment
Cons: can't think of any the benefits were great!
When I check in and greet the receptionist and begin talking to all of the residents and make sure they are feeling well. It was a joy to be in the presence with all of those people.
Hard work great payoff
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Opelika, ALJanuary 23, 2014
Cons: heath benfits
somewhere that i can see myself grow and still able to be a mother a well
Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Opelika, ALJanuary 14, 2014
This internship gave me insight into working with the Geriatrics area in health care.
great place to work
MCT (Former Employee), Opelika, ALDecember 11, 2013
task in order of priority developed time-management skills that transfer well to the workplace.
Volunteer exprerience in a hospital setting
Emergency Room Volunteer (Former Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 28, 2013
Pros: working in the afternoons
A typical day consisted of the following tasks

Restocking rooms with supplies and changed linens
Escorting patients to various locations in hospital
Performing various duties assigned by the staff
Providing warm blankets and refreshment to patients
Decent place to work.
Network Specialist (Current Employee), Opelika, ALNovember 18, 2013
Decent place to work. Decent place to work. Decent place to work. Decent place to work.
Long, fast pasted hours of work.
RN Floor Nurse (Former Employee), Opelika, ALNovember 2, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: could not get to know my patients.
12 hour work day on the med/surg unit. I learned how to manage my time. The most enjoyable part of my job was clocking out.

About East Alabama Medical Center

From babies to seniors, The East Alabama Health Care Authority cares for all of Alabama's denizens. The authority's flagship facility – Read more