East Bay Municipal Utility District Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work with great benefits
Storekeeper II (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 18, 2015
It's great place to work with good benefits. People are friendly but hardworking. We consistently work together to ensure all jobs are completed in a timely manner. The hardest part of my day is the commute home from Oakland.
Good company to work for
Water Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 24, 2015
Combination of Science and Technology,
Protecting Public Health and Safety
Has a Good Reputation in Community
And In the Profession Nationally.
Pros
Has Many Types of Career Opportunities
Cons
None that I Can Remember
Co-workers are great
Account Clerk II - Payroll Division (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 16, 2014
I was with East Bay Municipal Utility District for almost ten years, but left for a promotional opportunity.

I enjoyed coming to work everyday because of the employees as well as being able to build my knowledge and skills. I knew my position very well and trained other staff with similar tasks.

The hardest part about my position was making a mental note of all of the deadlines we had since payroll is all about deadlines! I loved the challenge though - it kept me on my toes. I also liked that I was able to manage my work without direction. My supervisor(s) trusted my judgment on prioritizing my responsibilities and knew I completed projects with quality and in a timely manner.
Pros
excellent benefits, diversity and culture
Collected, analyzed, and monitored water quality.
Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Valley Springs, CANovember 14, 2013
Performed a variety of microbiological, toxicological, and physical analyses in drinking water and in wastewater. Conducted daily tests for coliform bacteria on samples collected throughout the water distribution system.

Monitored water treatment facilities using data acquisition system to regulate chemical feeds, water flows, and to monitor and control water quality.

Conducted pilot study on liquid lime versus slaked lime for pH adjustment and aqueduct treatment. Conducted preliminary study on nano-filtration membrane and its effectiveness in removing THM.
Developed and revised standard operating procedures/manuals for water treatment plants
learn a lot from everyone. just a great place to work.
Plumber I (Temp) (Former Employee) –  San lorenezo CANovember 1, 2013
very friendly place people was very helpful. and a lot of fun.
Professional
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 18, 2013
Coding, Maintained files, Handling Purchase Order

Coworkers are helpful

Tasks are manageable
Pros
helpful coworkers
Excellent work environment
Customer Account Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 30, 2012
Fair treatment from administration, orderly office, able to learn all functions of the job. I learned how to use a heavy volume phone pool, how to inquire and adjust bills, how to deal with unruly customers and how to compile reports. There were a variety of job duties so it never got boring or monotonous. My co-workers were supportive and helpful. The hardest part was facing situations with customers who hadnt paid their bill and we were going to shut them off. But the most enjoyable part was working with the public and establishing a business relationship with frequent customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Bay Municipal Utility District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8