East Carolina University

East Carolina University Employee Reviews in United States

Professional
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 21, 2016
While working in the Registrar's Office I found the employees to be professional and thorough. Additionally they are kind and the work atmosphere is positive.
Great atmosphere working in close contact with industry professionals
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 7, 2016
Working as a Graduate Research Assistant for both the School of Hospitality Leadership and the Department of Criminal Justice provided me with a great learning environment as well as great contact with industry professionals. I assisted in professional research and was given the opportunity to take the lead on many projects included recruitment, orientation, and events. The department heads understood that school came first, so I was always given time for assignments, exams, and of course, class.
University Development
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 30, 2016
Worked for the interim Vice Chancellor as her personal assistant but also performed various day-to-day duties for the Board of Directors which consisted of 7 Directors and 2 Assistant Directors.

The job was very challenging as each day was filled with job descriptions changes. One day you may be working for the department HR doing timekeeping and payroll assistance. Other times you may cross cover for clerical staff in providing typing, event planning, and travel scheduling. Other duties may include equipment maintence/set-up, vehicle maintenance and transportation services to the senior staff.
Pros
Met new people and traveled around the city.
Cons
Demanding personalities all wanting you to spread your time overall.
Thanks ECU
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 29, 2016
ECU provides many opportunities for students to work. However, finding the right position and supervisor that is flexible with your schedule can be the hardest part of the job.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 23, 2016
Loved being a GTA at ECU. The most enjoyable part of being a GTA is feeling like you are making an impact on the students you are teaching.
my bldg was a working building, they are responsible for admitting students, tours, finances, grade replacement , I gave a lot of directions, I worked
Eviromental Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834June 9, 2016
I would meet with the employees after work to socialize, I would show housekeepers how to log on the computer, I was at work 4am mornings so when they came in the could fix their coffee and began their work day. I went around and chatted with each employee everyday, I helped them if they had death in the family, or had babies, got married, or got divorced .I listen to them I always tried to keep us safe. I utilized the ECU police force when necessary. I just did little things to make the days pleasant.
Pros
I would go out to get lunch, and I asked all of them if they wanted to send out for food(most did) if someone had a food sale, I took the orders and collected the money
Cons
the recession caused a lot of changes
Great workplace, understanding and helpful supervisors
Instructor- "Principles (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for ECU. My supervisors were knowledgeable and supportive. My coworkers were nice and helpful. I was given significant freedom to teach as I thought best. I enjoyed my daily interactions with students. The hardest part of my job was helping the students learn the material at hand.
I would work for ECU again if given an opportunity.
Transit
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 28, 2016
Wonderful experience. This job requires a class B license. Class B license is required to own and or operate large commercial vehicles.
excellent shool
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 26, 2016
a great school
highly recommend it
An excellent place to work.
I learned the skills i need for my job
it provides a good family work balance
Productive and fun place to work
Clinical Informatics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 13, 2016
I enjoy coming to work everyday and get a lot of fulfillment out of it. I enjoy the challenges faced working in Clinical Quality, effectively and efficiently creating workflows to overcome hurdles and celebrating successes.
Basketball official
Intramural Basketball Official (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 10, 2016
I worked for East Carolina University's Student Recreation Center as a part of their Federal Work Study Program. I liked this job because of their flexible work schedule. It allowed you to work the hours that were most beneficial for you and you were also given overtime.
Great for student workers
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 10, 2016
Job held at the university are valuable for students, they provide an excellent opportunity for students to have work schedules accommodating their class schedules as well as enhance the learning experience depending on the job in question
One of the best jobs I've ever had!
Administration Support/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 4, 2016
I absolutely loved working at East Carolina University as administrative support/receptionist. I found my true spot in the office as a worker and in the university as a student. If I could go back to any job, this would be it!
Great Place to Work and Grow!
Faculty, College of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 21, 2016
The College of Nursing is a remarkable place to work with a strong history of excellence in the nursing education marketplace throughout the US. Innovative, brilliant group of men and women faculty members.
Pros
Impactful to Eastern North Carolina Communities, Cutting-Edge Health Sciences
Cons
Salary (public university); often "research" seems to be more important than innovation in teach
Worked here during grad school
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 2, 2016
I worked at ECU as a Graduate Assistant while I was earning my MBA. It was a fun job working with professors and was pretty flexible which was handy since I was a fulltime student
office assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 16, 2016
Filing and record keeping was the main focus of the job. Enjoyed the work environment as well as my co workers. Left on summer break
Friendly Workplace
Student Planner/Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 31, 2016
I only worked there for a 6 month period at a student position but it was a very friendly workplace. As a student planner/draftsman my superiors felt very confident in my work and allowed me to work mainly independently with guidance on tasks. This allowed me to work at my pace and complete projects faster.
Pros
strong pay at a student position
Cons
Lack of challenging tasks to sustain a position
Great workplace
Research Assistant on Artificial Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 14, 2016
A very calm environment, suitable for research and learning. It is one of a kind University and trains young minds in becoming better individuals for tomorrow
Fun being a student and rewarding
Student Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 4, 2016
It was a tough four years but my experiences in the classroom and on the job has always allowed me to excel, I believe I am prepared to be a part of a company and the workforce now. I wish to pursue a further degree but for now I would like to explore all my options.
Great Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 21, 2015
The department was actually the welcome desk of the student center. However the hardest part of the job I would say would be dealing with the unpleasant clients. they also would question my credentials because I was a part time employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and creating the wonderful relationships

4.5