East Carolina University

East Carolina University United States Employee Reviews

Nice environment
Temp (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 28, 2015
Pros: Coworkers were great
Cons: See above
Great people, nice environment, lacks the desire to give people a real chance at performing and moving up and would rather go outside and bring in new than start inside
Great place to work never got to see my family three hours away
Assistant Strength Coach (Former Employee), Greenville NCApril 21, 2015
My work day started at 6:00am and ended at 7:00pm at night. I learned how to train and manage large groups of people. Got along great with co workers. They hardest part of my job way being away from my family. I enjoyed working with my teams.
Fun and rewarding work environment
Student Union Student Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 20, 2015
Amazing Boss who creates a fair and fun work environment. Given a lot of responsibility and a chance to exercise and develop leadership skills. They work with you as a student to make the best schedule possible.
Math TA and Tutor
Undergrad Assistant, Tutor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCApril 13, 2015
Working with the Math 1065 program introduced me to a wide range of student abilities. The average day consisted of equal parts helping with math concepts and homework as well and troubleshooting online computing environments with Pearson Educational and ECU's ITCS departments.
Good clinical student experience
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 22, 2015
The staff were more than willing to teach the basic skills about the medical assisting career. I would recommend this location to other medical assisting students.
Overall a good place to work if you have an interest in transportation
Transit Bus Driver (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: freedom is allowed
Cons: office politics present
Management is easy to work with for the most part. A few can be difficult at times. Co workers are great and make coming to work enjoyable.
ECU is a great employer
Environmental Technician/Housekeeping (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: work experience, camaraderie
Cons: mandatory overtime
East Carolina University is a great employer to be working for. The camaraderie and work enviornment was key to my continued employment there. I've learned alot from my area supervisor and management about being punctual and thorough in all my assigned tasks. The hardest part of my job is balancing my lifestyle with the demanding hours and mandatory overtime. I enjoyed interacting with university staff and sometimes but not often the students.
Great workplace
Undergraduate research assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 10, 2015
Genetics was my passion and I was able to discover that here. I enjoyed being able to do DNA and genetics research. I had a great boss and he was able to teach me a lot of things about this industry.
maintained and kept the books for the athletic department
Office of Student Development (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 3, 2015
Used Microsoft word, excel and power point to maintain the athletic books of all appropriate candidates. worked there for four years all during college.
state job
Research Technician (Former Employee), greenville ncFebruary 2, 2015
This was the worst job I ever had! As a state job you do have security but thats about the only good thing here. Dept of Comparative Med needs better management!
enjoyable workplace
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: work with team players
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
Scheduling patients and coordinating surgeries. My day consists of data entry and customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new skills.
Productive and easy going place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Multidisciplinary staff worked great with student workers, always available when needed.
Graduate Student in Geography Department
GIS Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Friendly and helpful faculty who are experts in their field
Lenient schedule
Full-Time Student
Transit Driver (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 18, 2015
It has a small cozy environment. It is hard to get into upper division due to limited selection numbers. You might end up with a degree that's totally different than you intended to obtain.
Great Learning Experience
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 13, 2015
I was able to learn multiple skills that will help me in my future.
Amazing work atmosphere
Customer Service at the Student Recreation Center (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good pay/friendly and welcoming environment
My day at work would revolve around meetings, getting assignments and helping guests with whatever questions or problems they may have. I would help my co-workers with whatever was needed and assisted when called in.Everyone was willing to help the next person out.
Graduate Research Assistant
MATCH Program- Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Typical duties of a research assistant and of a graduate student. I have learned a lot about research in general, what it takes to run a health prevention program, and how to manage resources.
My job as a resident advisor
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 4, 2015
I would talk to residents and attend staff meetings, while also planning programs that helped students adjust to campus life. I learned to settle conflicts and become more of a team player.
Great place to work!
Teacher Quality Partnership Grant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: location
The hardest part of the job was pleasing everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students. The university environment is fast paced and exciting.
First post Graduate position filled with exciting challanges that proved invaluable to professional growth
Staff Specialist, Career Services Department (Former Employee), Greenville, NCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: leading committees, representing the university at various recruiment venues
Cons: extreme long hong hours
Best professional experience to date. I had such great support by direct supervisor, co workers and students. I chaired several committees and took part in staff recruitment. My plate was truly full. Managing a student staff, working with colleagues in developing programs for students which supported the academic mission of the university kept me on my toes.

1 2 3 4 5

About East Carolina University

East Carolina University (ECU) offers more than 100 undergraduate programs and about 75 graduate, 15 doctoral, and four specialist – Read more

East Carolina University Salaries

$10.00 per hour

East Carolina University Photos

610 Minges !
Night Bus
Team that I prepared for a competition between 40 schools in my Brigade.