East Carolina University

East Carolina University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
STEM-Corps East Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work and I would recommend anyone in the eastern Carolina's to consider them for employment. The have great benefits and will get all state holiday's off.
East Carolina
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 3, 2017
This university is the best. The people who work for it all care about one another. I worked in a research lab that was competitive for vying for funding. Typical days included DNA experiments, mainly PCR and other gel assays.
Overall good
Customer Service/Cook/Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 1, 2017
Good experience. I have learned a lot within the company. Friendly atmosphere. I enjoy what I do but want to seek a better career.
Great Place to Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 6, 2016
This place allows you to learn the behind the scenes procedures in order for the safety of the campus to be maintained. This job has networking ability and is a lot of fun. It was an awesome experience working here.
It's a good place to work.
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 3, 2016
The work day is stressful, we work very short staffed all the time. More duties are added on with no additional help. Front line staff are blamed for all errors.
Pros
State benifit
Cons
Don't give pay increases to staff. Benefits are all for the medical providers.
Rewarding
Advertising Intern (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 24, 2016
If you work hard and call many companies you can sell a lot of advertisements. I go out and find different companies and deliver sales information to them.
Leadership Opportunity
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 16, 2016
I was able to get experience in planning as well as organizing meetings. I also had the chance to lead fund raisers. It was nice to be apart of people pursuing personal growth.
Productive place to work
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 14, 2016
ECU is a great place to work. They offer flexible schedules, room for growth, a diverse work environment, A typical day is fun and never boring. It is truly a family oriented place to work.
Productive and fun meeting new people
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 14, 2016
We work hard and fast for so long. Working there I get to meet new people and make sure the customers leave happy. I learn to work with others and also learn to work by myself. The managers are some time too hard to get along with and they have favorites. The most part I like about my job is making others happy.
Pros
Free lunches and free turkeys during Thanks Giving
Cons
Short breaks
Conducive environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2016
Supportive staff for student advancement in career especially towards further graduate studies, but not very helpful in student placement in the job market.
Job security contingent on state leadership
Sociology Teaching Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2016
I loved the people I worked with, including my supervisor. I took pride in working for ECU for over 6 years, but my employment was always vulnerable to budget cuts handed down by state leadership. Adjunct employees are notoriously overworked, undervalued, and underpaid.
Overall job assigment was satisfactory
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2016
A very neat and productive working college campus. I was mainly doing a Windows 7 deployment for the college faculty and students. The most exciting part about the job was being able to install large to small LED video screens at each faculty worksite...
Pros
Free lunch, networking with collegues
Cons
Job assigment was too short
East Carolina University
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 24, 2016
East Carolina was a good experience for me and I enjoyed learning from my professor about how to be a professional. I was able to mentor students as well as give and grade exams.
A job
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 12, 2016
No room for growth due to career banding established. No respect and support for SHRA employees that do the day to day work.
A good place for interns/students upon graduating to get established.
Good University
Recruitment Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 31, 2016
Good place to work.great environment, great location. close to a lot of places to eat, live, and shopping. good management, employees. overall good place to work. management can be a little better, but overall good.
Professional
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 21, 2016
While working in the Registrar's Office I found the employees to be professional and thorough. Additionally they are kind and the work atmosphere is positive.
Great atmosphere working in close contact with industry professionals
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 7, 2016
Working as a Graduate Research Assistant for both the School of Hospitality Leadership and the Department of Criminal Justice provided me with a great learning environment as well as great contact with industry professionals. I assisted in professional research and was given the opportunity to take the lead on many projects included recruitment, orientation, and events. The department heads understood that school came first, so I was always given time for assignments, exams, and of course, class.
University Development
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 30, 2016
Worked for the interim Vice Chancellor as her personal assistant but also performed various day-to-day duties for the Board of Directors which consisted of 7 Directors and 2 Assistant Directors.

The job was very challenging as each day was filled with job descriptions changes. One day you may be working for the department HR doing timekeeping and payroll assistance. Other times you may cross cover for clerical staff in providing typing, event planning, and travel scheduling. Other duties may include equipment maintence/set-up, vehicle maintenance and transportation services to the senior staff.
Pros
Met new people and traveled around the city.
Cons
Demanding personalities all wanting you to spread your time overall.
Thanks ECU
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 29, 2016
ECU provides many opportunities for students to work. However, finding the right position and supervisor that is flexible with your schedule can be the hardest part of the job.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 23, 2016
Loved being a GTA at ECU. The most enjoyable part of being a GTA is feeling like you are making an impact on the students you are teaching.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Carolina University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5