East Carolina University Employee Reviews

Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 25, 2017
I love working through East Carolina University as a receptionist. I enjoyed greeting everyone as they came through the door. I also loved the friendly environment.
Great
Kinesiology Graduate Student Organization (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 14, 2017
Work here. It's Great. Everything is fantastic. I worked in IM sports and had a good experience. I think you should definitely apply there if you're interested.
Fun place
Graduate Teaching & Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 5, 2017
Great to work at ECU. It feels like home to many. I personally have learned quite a bit from working here. Every professor I worked with was friendly in nature. They helped me in every possible way to understand the work and to get the work done in time.
Good environment and excellent university
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 4, 2017
I have a wonderful working environment. You are also surrounded by younger generation which is very good for knowing current trends and Ideas
Pros
Experienced professor, good opportunities
Cons
Busy schedule
Great workplace
Enrollment Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 21, 2017
The workplace is in a small town in Eastern North Carolina. The campus is diverse and has a population of 30,000. There are many opportunities here- finance, research, academics, etc.
Excellent environment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 11, 2017
Excellent environment to learn about research in the field, on the ground.Participated in Research study to provide Health Psychology services to African American couples: Cancer Recovery Enhancement (PROCARE) for African American men and their intimate partners. Later, provided an individualized version of PROCARE to men 5 years+ prostate cancer survival.
Truly, "good"work and rewarding as a clinician and one who values social justice
Pros
Excellent study and opportunity to offer tailored educational and treatment program
Cons
Not enough participants
fun workplace
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 10, 2017
improved my skills of working in a team of design group sharing different ideas and views. sometimes I had to re-design the whole thing.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
low salary
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 2, 2017
Faculty is friendly and helpful. I am given the freedom to teach my class how I see fit. The students work hard and have a great attitude.
Ecu
President/Chair (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 24, 2017
First leadership role while I was a college student- fulfilled a passion to lead people- provided opportunities to create and succeed in project organizations
Productive and fun work place
STEM-Corps East Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work and I would recommend anyone in the eastern Carolina's to consider them for employment. The have great benefits and will get all state holiday's off.
East Carolina
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 3, 2017
This university is the best. The people who work for it all care about one another. I worked in a research lab that was competitive for vying for funding. Typical days included DNA experiments, mainly PCR and other gel assays.
Overall good
Customer Service/Cook/Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 1, 2017
Good experience. I have learned a lot within the company. Friendly atmosphere. I enjoy what I do but want to seek a better career.
Great Place to Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 6, 2016
This place allows you to learn the behind the scenes procedures in order for the safety of the campus to be maintained. This job has networking ability and is a lot of fun. It was an awesome experience working here.
It's a good place to work.
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 3, 2016
The work day is stressful, we work very short staffed all the time. More duties are added on with no additional help. Front line staff are blamed for all errors.
Pros
State benifit
Cons
Don't give pay increases to staff. Benefits are all for the medical providers.
Rewarding
Advertising Intern (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 24, 2016
If you work hard and call many companies you can sell a lot of advertisements. I go out and find different companies and deliver sales information to them.
Leadership Opportunity
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 16, 2016
I was able to get experience in planning as well as organizing meetings. I also had the chance to lead fund raisers. It was nice to be apart of people pursuing personal growth.
Productive place to work
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 14, 2016
ECU is a great place to work. They offer flexible schedules, room for growth, a diverse work environment, A typical day is fun and never boring. It is truly a family oriented place to work.
Productive and fun meeting new people
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 14, 2016
We work hard and fast for so long. Working there I get to meet new people and make sure the customers leave happy. I learn to work with others and also learn to work by myself. The managers are some time too hard to get along with and they have favorites. The most part I like about my job is making others happy.
Pros
Free lunches and free turkeys during Thanks Giving
Cons
Short breaks
Conducive environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2016
Supportive staff for student advancement in career especially towards further graduate studies, but not very helpful in student placement in the job market.
Job security contingent on state leadership
Sociology Teaching Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2016
I loved the people I worked with, including my supervisor. I took pride in working for ECU for over 6 years, but my employment was always vulnerable to budget cuts handed down by state leadership. Adjunct employees are notoriously overworked, undervalued, and underpaid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Carolina University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5