East Carolina University Employee Reviews

Overall Good
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 18, 2017
It was a great place to work for the time that I was there. I left for another job opportunity but all of the people there were a pleasure to work for.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
High energy work environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 15, 2017
Worked here for about a year as a student worker! taught me a lot of transferable skills that I use in my internship and my current position as well. Loved working here!
Productive fun working atmosphere
Assistant Cross Country/Track Coach (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 12, 2017
Go into the office at 8:00am do necessary paperwork and then head to practice. I was a coach at East Carolina and it was the best life work balance for me at the time. I loved my boss and he helped mentor me as I started my young career.
Experience
Payroll Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 8, 2017
East Carolina University gave me a lot of experience in the different fields of business. they gave me a lot of opportunities to have internships and to learn how the business world actually works.
mismanaged
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 6, 2017
boring. It is the same thing everyday. no challenge. Management is more concerned with personal lives than with the job. Favoritism abounds. there is a lot of in fighting
Pros
time off
Cons
low wages
n/a
Health and Wellness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everetts, NCApril 30, 2017
“It has been a wonderful experience working with such a great group of people.”
October 8, 2010 @ 3:08 pm
“It has been a wonderful experience working with such a great group of people. Things were bleak for me before you placed me in this position and I really appreciate you giving me the chance. It really helped my family and me get through a very tough time, and I will never forget it!
An independent place to work, with friendly boss examples
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 24, 2017
Student referral agent
Resource officer
Plan and Host programs
Community builder
Pros
Scholarship, Working with people, Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours
Good support for athletics from staff and fans.
Director of Basketball Operations (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 19, 2017
Good college town that really supports it's sports teams. Not much else going on in the town outside of the college but located close to bigger cities and the beach.
Good School
Pirate Staff (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 8, 2017
A great fun college atmosphere. Pirate staff which is ran by ECU Athletic Operations staff is a great job for students who need a little extra cash on the side.
Very productive and busy enviornment.....
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 3, 2017
My typical day at work was to arrive early or on time....Get my station ready for the work day that was ahead...Once I was prepared and ready I begin.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks...
Great environment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 31, 2017
I have experience since working at Ecu meeting an diverse of families, staff and students. This experience has given me an different view within my career.
Productive and Fun Working Place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 29, 2017
Great Working Environment. A lot to learn and opportunities to grow as a graduate teaching assistant and graduate research assistant.Graduate advisers are excellent.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 25, 2017
I love working through East Carolina University as a receptionist. I enjoyed greeting everyone as they came through the door. I also loved the friendly environment.
Great
Kinesiology Graduate Student Organization (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 14, 2017
Work here. It's Great. Everything is fantastic. I worked in IM sports and had a good experience. I think you should definitely apply there if you're interested.
Fun place
Graduate Teaching & Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 5, 2017
Great to work at ECU. It feels like home to many. I personally have learned quite a bit from working here. Every professor I worked with was friendly in nature. They helped me in every possible way to understand the work and to get the work done in time.
Good environment and excellent university
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 4, 2017
I have a wonderful working environment. You are also surrounded by younger generation which is very good for knowing current trends and Ideas
Pros
Experienced professor, good opportunities
Cons
Busy schedule
Great workplace
Enrollment Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 21, 2017
The workplace is in a small town in Eastern North Carolina. The campus is diverse and has a population of 30,000. There are many opportunities here- finance, research, academics, etc.
Excellent environment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 11, 2017
Excellent environment to learn about research in the field, on the ground.Participated in Research study to provide Health Psychology services to African American couples: Cancer Recovery Enhancement (PROCARE) for African American men and their intimate partners. Later, provided an individualized version of PROCARE to men 5 years+ prostate cancer survival.
Truly, "good"work and rewarding as a clinician and one who values social justice
Pros
Excellent study and opportunity to offer tailored educational and treatment program
Cons
Not enough participants
fun workplace
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 10, 2017
improved my skills of working in a team of design group sharing different ideas and views. sometimes I had to re-design the whole thing.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
low salary
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 2, 2017
Faculty is friendly and helpful. I am given the freedom to teach my class how I see fit. The students work hard and have a great attitude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Carolina University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4