East Carolina University

East Carolina University Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work and Grow!
Faculty, College of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 21, 2016
The College of Nursing is a remarkable place to work with a strong history of excellence in the nursing education marketplace throughout the US. Innovative, brilliant group of men and women faculty members.
Pros
Impactful to Eastern North Carolina Communities, Cutting-Edge Health Sciences
Cons
Salary (public university); often "research" seems to be more important than innovation in teach
ECU an excellent place to work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of several duties; completing room checks as part of preventative maintenance, fixing or upgrading computers and other devices, keeping documentation of calls, and taking calls for technical issues.

I learned about technology in the classroom, help desk support, audio video equipment, and pc hardware.

The Management staff very professional and agreeable.

The co-workers were very easy to get along with and helpful.

The hardest part of my job was trying to fix multiple problems at once, but I was able to get through it by using my technical knowledge/expertise.
Pros
Great co-workers and management.
Cons
Not enough hours and no opportunity for advancement.
no room to grow
IT Help Desk/ Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 8, 2015
Very Chill gig! Management is terrible! Give a mediocre person some power and they don't know how to act. The supervisor treats his students workers like they're not important. Very sarcastic all of the time to the point where it's annoying. He has mini spies that that he calls "Team Leads" who creep around, observe everything you do, and then goes back and tell him. He's fires you immediately based of what they told him and don't even give you a chance to defend yourself. Half of the time they're doing wrong themselves. Other than that, it's cool but don't trust anyone!
Pros
very chill
Cons
co-workers and supervisor can't be trusted
my bldg was a working building, they are responsible for admitting students, tours, finances, grade replacement , I gave a lot of directions, I worked
Eviromental Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834June 9, 2016
I would meet with the employees after work to socialize, I would show housekeepers how to log on the computer, I was at work 4am mornings so when they came in the could fix their coffee and began their work day. I went around and chatted with each employee everyday, I helped them if they had death in the family, or had babies, got married, or got divorced .I listen to them I always tried to keep us safe. I utilized the ECU police force when necessary. I just did little things to make the days pleasant.
Pros
I would go out to get lunch, and I asked all of them if they wanted to send out for food(most did) if someone had a food sale, I took the orders and collected the money
Cons
the recession caused a lot of changes
Working at East Carolina University
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 27, 2015
This university is un organized . The pay is okay, but it could be better. I think this college would be better if they had a better management team that knows what they are doing. Management is poor in a lot of the departments. The best thing about working at ECU is the flexibility and the holidays you receive.
Pros
Vacation and sick, Flexiability
Cons
Management sucks and no raises
Great workplace, understanding and helpful supervisors
Instructor- "Principles (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for ECU. My supervisors were knowledgeable and supportive. My coworkers were nice and helpful. I was given significant freedom to teach as I thought best. I enjoyed my daily interactions with students. The hardest part of my job was helping the students learn the material at hand.
I would work for ECU again if given an opportunity.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 9, 2015
Overall good quality. Typical day at work would be making copies, and running other errands. I learned how to better my office management skills. Management was very organized. Co-workers had been very likable. I don't believe the job had been hard at all. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to build connections with people, while also helping out.
Basketball official
Intramural Basketball Official (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 10, 2016
I worked for East Carolina University's Student Recreation Center as a part of their Federal Work Study Program. I liked this job because of their flexible work schedule. It allowed you to work the hours that were most beneficial for you and you were also given overtime.
Friendly Workplace
Student Planner/Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 31, 2016
I only worked there for a 6 month period at a student position but it was a very friendly workplace. As a student planner/draftsman my superiors felt very confident in my work and allowed me to work mainly independently with guidance on tasks. This allowed me to work at my pace and complete projects faster.
Pros
strong pay at a student position
Cons
Lack of challenging tasks to sustain a position
One of the best jobs I've ever had!
Administration Support/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 4, 2016
I absolutely loved working at East Carolina University as administrative support/receptionist. I found my true spot in the office as a worker and in the university as a student. If I could go back to any job, this would be it!
Productive and fun place to work
Clinical Informatics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 13, 2016
I enjoy coming to work everyday and get a lot of fulfillment out of it. I enjoy the challenges faced working in Clinical Quality, effectively and efficiently creating workflows to overcome hurdles and celebrating successes.
Great for student workers
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 10, 2016
Job held at the university are valuable for students, they provide an excellent opportunity for students to have work schedules accommodating their class schedules as well as enhance the learning experience depending on the job in question
Fun being a student and rewarding
Student Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 4, 2016
It was a tough four years but my experiences in the classroom and on the job has always allowed me to excel, I believe I am prepared to be a part of a company and the workforce now. I wish to pursue a further degree but for now I would like to explore all my options.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 23, 2016
Loved being a GTA at ECU. The most enjoyable part of being a GTA is feeling like you are making an impact on the students you are teaching.
Productive and fun workplace
Campus 31 - Student Marketing (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 24, 2015
While working at Campus 31, in the student center of East Carolina University, I was required to direct, shoot, and edit various videos for different organization and events around the campus of ECU. We produced promotional videos, advertisement videos, and covered live events. Being provided with our own work space and computer, we had the freedom of working at our leisure, as long as the project we were assigned was completed by the deadline. This job helped me craft my skill in every aspect of film production and taught me the steps needed to become successful within this field. The most enjoyable part of this job was the great times I had with my co-workers, and being able to learn from them as we worked on projects together.
Pros
Great co-workers, fun projects, being able to learn every aspect of film production
excellent shool
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 26, 2016
a great school
highly recommend it
An excellent place to work.
I learned the skills i need for my job
it provides a good family work balance
Transit
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 28, 2016
Wonderful experience. This job requires a class B license. Class B license is required to own and or operate large commercial vehicles.
Worked here during grad school
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 2, 2016
I worked at ECU as a Graduate Assistant while I was earning my MBA. It was a fun job working with professors and was pretty flexible which was handy since I was a fulltime student
Great Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 21, 2015
The department was actually the welcome desk of the student center. However the hardest part of the job I would say would be dealing with the unpleasant clients. they also would question my credentials because I was a part time employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and creating the wonderful relationships
office assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 16, 2016
Filing and record keeping was the main focus of the job. Enjoyed the work environment as well as my co workers. Left on summer break

4.5