East Carolina University

East Carolina University Employee Reviews

Excellent environment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 11, 2017
Excellent environment to learn about research in the field, on the ground.Participated in Research study to provide Health Psychology services to African American couples: Cancer Recovery Enhancement (PROCARE) for African American men and their intimate partners. Later, provided an individualized version of PROCARE to men 5 years+ prostate cancer survival.
Truly, "good"work and rewarding as a clinician and one who values social justice
Pros
Excellent study and opportunity to offer tailored educational and treatment program
Cons
Not enough participants
Productive and fun meeting new people
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 14, 2016
We work hard and fast for so long. Working there I get to meet new people and make sure the customers leave happy. I learn to work with others and also learn to work by myself. The managers are some time too hard to get along with and they have favorites. The most part I like about my job is making others happy.
Pros
Free lunches and free turkeys during Thanks Giving
Cons
Short breaks
It's a good place to work.
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 3, 2016
The work day is stressful, we work very short staffed all the time. More duties are added on with no additional help. Front line staff are blamed for all errors.
Pros
State benifit
Cons
Don't give pay increases to staff. Benefits are all for the medical providers.
East Carolina
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 3, 2017
This university is the best. The people who work for it all care about one another. I worked in a research lab that was competitive for vying for funding. Typical days included DNA experiments, mainly PCR and other gel assays.
Overall job assigment was satisfactory
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2016
A very neat and productive working college campus. I was mainly doing a Windows 7 deployment for the college faculty and students. The most exciting part about the job was being able to install large to small LED video screens at each faculty worksite...
Pros
Free lunch, networking with collegues
Cons
Job assigment was too short
Great Place to Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 6, 2016
This place allows you to learn the behind the scenes procedures in order for the safety of the campus to be maintained. This job has networking ability and is a lot of fun. It was an awesome experience working here.
Productive and fun work place
STEM-Corps East Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work and I would recommend anyone in the eastern Carolina's to consider them for employment. The have great benefits and will get all state holiday's off.
Job security contingent on state leadership
Sociology Teaching Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2016
I loved the people I worked with, including my supervisor. I took pride in working for ECU for over 6 years, but my employment was always vulnerable to budget cuts handed down by state leadership. Adjunct employees are notoriously overworked, undervalued, and underpaid.
Great workplace
Enrollment Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 21, 2017
The workplace is in a small town in Eastern North Carolina. The campus is diverse and has a population of 30,000. There are many opportunities here- finance, research, academics, etc.
Productive place to work
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 14, 2016
ECU is a great place to work. They offer flexible schedules, room for growth, a diverse work environment, A typical day is fun and never boring. It is truly a family oriented place to work.
Great atmosphere working in close contact with industry professionals
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 7, 2016
Working as a Graduate Research Assistant for both the School of Hospitality Leadership and the Department of Criminal Justice provided me with a great learning environment as well as great contact with industry professionals. I assisted in professional research and was given the opportunity to take the lead on many projects included recruitment, orientation, and events. The department heads understood that school came first, so I was always given time for assignments, exams, and of course, class.
University Development
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 30, 2016
Worked for the interim Vice Chancellor as her personal assistant but also performed various day-to-day duties for the Board of Directors which consisted of 7 Directors and 2 Assistant Directors.

The job was very challenging as each day was filled with job descriptions changes. One day you may be working for the department HR doing timekeeping and payroll assistance. Other times you may cross cover for clerical staff in providing typing, event planning, and travel scheduling. Other duties may include equipment maintence/set-up, vehicle maintenance and transportation services to the senior staff.
Pros
Met new people and traveled around the city.
Cons
Demanding personalities all wanting you to spread your time overall.
Leadership Opportunity
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 16, 2016
I was able to get experience in planning as well as organizing meetings. I also had the chance to lead fund raisers. It was nice to be apart of people pursuing personal growth.
fun workplace
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 10, 2017
improved my skills of working in a team of design group sharing different ideas and views. sometimes I had to re-design the whole thing.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
low salary
Ecu
President/Chair (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 24, 2017
First leadership role while I was a college student- fulfilled a passion to lead people- provided opportunities to create and succeed in project organizations
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 2, 2017
Faculty is friendly and helpful. I am given the freedom to teach my class how I see fit. The students work hard and have a great attitude.
Overall good
Customer Service/Cook/Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 1, 2017
Good experience. I have learned a lot within the company. Friendly atmosphere. I enjoy what I do but want to seek a better career.
Rewarding
Advertising Intern (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 24, 2016
If you work hard and call many companies you can sell a lot of advertisements. I go out and find different companies and deliver sales information to them.
Great workplace, understanding and helpful supervisors
Instructor- "Principles (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for ECU. My supervisors were knowledgeable and supportive. My coworkers were nice and helpful. I was given significant freedom to teach as I thought best. I enjoyed my daily interactions with students. The hardest part of my job was helping the students learn the material at hand.
I would work for ECU again if given an opportunity.
my bldg was a working building, they are responsible for admitting students, tours, finances, grade replacement , I gave a lot of directions, I worked
Eviromental Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834June 9, 2016
I would meet with the employees after work to socialize, I would show housekeepers how to log on the computer, I was at work 4am mornings so when they came in the could fix their coffee and began their work day. I went around and chatted with each employee everyday, I helped them if they had death in the family, or had babies, got married, or got divorced .I listen to them I always tried to keep us safe. I utilized the ECU police force when necessary. I just did little things to make the days pleasant.
Pros
I would go out to get lunch, and I asked all of them if they wanted to send out for food(most did) if someone had a food sale, I took the orders and collected the money
Cons
the recession caused a lot of changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Carolina University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5