East Carolina University Employee Reviews

Friendly Workplace
Student Planner/Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 31, 2016
I only worked there for a 6 month period at a student position but it was a very friendly workplace. As a student planner/draftsman my superiors felt very confident in my work and allowed me to work mainly independently with guidance on tasks. This allowed me to work at my pace and complete projects faster.
Pros
strong pay at a student position
Cons
Lack of challenging tasks to sustain a position
Great workplace
Research Assistant on Artificial Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 14, 2016
A very calm environment, suitable for research and learning. It is one of a kind University and trains young minds in becoming better individuals for tomorrow
Fun being a student and rewarding
Student Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 4, 2016
It was a tough four years but my experiences in the classroom and on the job has always allowed me to excel, I believe I am prepared to be a part of a company and the workforce now. I wish to pursue a further degree but for now I would like to explore all my options.
Great Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 21, 2015
The department was actually the welcome desk of the student center. However the hardest part of the job I would say would be dealing with the unpleasant clients. they also would question my credentials because I was a part time employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and creating the wonderful relationships
Great!
Student Involvement & Leadership (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 13, 2015
Meeting some amazing people and creating connection with school officials. The not so enjoyable part about it was when the allotted hours that we could work went from 38 to 25. That was a drastic change, but us being adaptive students, made it work.
no room to grow
IT Help Desk/ Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 8, 2015
Very Chill gig! Management is terrible! Give a mediocre person some power and they don't know how to act. The supervisor treats his students workers like they're not important. Very sarcastic all of the time to the point where it's annoying. He has mini spies that that he calls "Team Leads" who creep around, observe everything you do, and then goes back and tell him. He's fires you immediately based of what they told him and don't even give you a chance to defend yourself. Half of the time they're doing wrong themselves. Other than that, it's cool but don't trust anyone!
Pros
very chill
Cons
co-workers and supervisor can't be trusted
I like ECU
Student tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 7, 2015
East Carolina University is an excellent place. It offers a great educational program and the people are excellent. I enjoyed being there.

You can meet many different types of people there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 9, 2015
Overall good quality. Typical day at work would be making copies, and running other errands. I learned how to better my office management skills. Management was very organized. Co-workers had been very likable. I don't believe the job had been hard at all. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to build connections with people, while also helping out.
Great job to have while in Graduate School
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 20, 2015
Being a Graduate Assistant is a wonderful opportunity for students in a graduate program. Presents unique and wonderful opportunities to get to know professors, and stay involved in the program.
Pros
Low stress, salaried
Review Summary
Interim Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 18, 2015
I have had a positive experience. The town is a great area, close to any major attractions. The area is growing and expanding in stride. In addition, there has been a great group of people whom I have met in my time at ECU.

Want to know more about East Carolina University?

Ask a question
Great Institution
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 12, 2015
Great institution. Top-notch faculty and researchers who want the best for their students and are always willing to help.
Overall, ECU is great place to work.
Administrative Support Associate- Advanced (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 1, 2015
A typical day for me varies depending on the time of the year. There are always certain tasks that you have daily, but there are some that only done during interview season. I have learned a lot of things about the healthcare system in general since I have been in this position. The most valuable thing is to see the new fellows develop and bloom in knowledge in their second year.
Extremely thorough learning environment
Research Associate and Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 13, 2015
I worked as a research associate, an instructor, and supervisor of a cardiovascular testing program. Each role was a learning experience, and I have acquired so many skills and contacts from the university setting. My co-workers are amiable and enjoyable--in my department most everyone is active and friendly. I have enjoyed getting to know many of them. The hardest part of my job is still the schedule of work with me as a single parent of three school aged children. I have no problem with workloads, but sometimes the instruction requires my presence when it is almost impossible. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of a well-seasoned and growing team, who cares about their students and co-workers. I have been so lucky to have learned what I have through the years. I feel well-rounded and prepared to move forward with the skills I have. I have written freelance for 20 some years and have always wanted to use the experience I have gained through the health field in a positive way.
Pros
Flexibility and freedom to grow as a professional
Cons
Teaching loads and low pay
There is no typical day
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 4, 2015
The work is not hard, but working at a university is an adventure. You never know what t expect. College students can be so funny, with their culture their drunken escapades and their new freedoms. work is what you make it!!
Great
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  ITCSSeptember 1, 2015
Great, it was a good place to learn for a University. Lots of great team members and project going on everyday. Lots of DB, Systems, App jobs and getting more projects all the time.
Great job at a great university
Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 1, 2015
It was great to be recognized by students, staff and visitors, as an integral part of the college campus. The community policing assured personal relationships with community members in a professional manner.
Pros
Excellent training.
Cons
Twelve hour rotating shifts.
4 year college
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 31, 2015
I attended ECU to obtain a Bachelor's degree. This was a very professional and elite school. I have been motivated by my accomplishments.
ECU an excellent place to work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of several duties; completing room checks as part of preventative maintenance, fixing or upgrading computers and other devices, keeping documentation of calls, and taking calls for technical issues.

I learned about technology in the classroom, help desk support, audio video equipment, and pc hardware.

The Management staff very professional and agreeable.

The co-workers were very easy to get along with and helpful.

The hardest part of my job was trying to fix multiple problems at once, but I was able to get through it by using my technical knowledge/expertise.
Pros
Great co-workers and management.
Cons
Not enough hours and no opportunity for advancement.
fast paste working environment, Productive and enjoyable place of employment,
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Leo Jenkins Cancer CenterAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed working at the ljcc, it is a very busy environment. I enjoy communicating with patients, staff as well as my co-workers. Hardest part of my job is getting attached to a patient that has been diagnose with an incurable type of cancer and then they expire. I try to do above and beyond of what is expected of me. Most enjoyable thing that i like about my job is being able to listen to patients when they have any type of problem or circumstance that they are not able to handle I try to assist them on the right track or get any type of assistance they might need, ect directing them to a nurse. or fnp.
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 9, 2015
I helped with the editing and proofreading of archaeological site maps and created indexes and charts for logging artifacts. I also helped complete artifact analysis of prehistoric materials as well as cataloged artifacts from field school excavations.

4.5