East Carolina University Employee Reviews

Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 22, 2017
During this job I was posted in a dark and scary basement by myself cleaning sand. I assisted with research for a paper on fluvial patterns during Hurricane Floyd in North Carolina.
Call Center
Financial Aid Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 5, 2017
Great job for someone who like to talk on the phone. Office space enough for 5 to 6 people and everyone talking at one time great hours and co-workers
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
Short Breaks
Laid-back, individual research work, mostly from home
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 5, 2017
As a graduate research assistant, I helped an Assistant Professor with various tasks and responsibilities. They included, literature reviews, data input and management, qualitative survey administration, transcribing, coding, budgeting, grant writing, etc. Most of the work was done from home but there is a graduate student office you can work in if you choose to. Overall, the pay was good to supplement a part-time job while continuing education. I would recommend assitantships to all students- undergraduate or graduate- to help with income while still having time for class work.
Pros
Work from home, little supervision, independent work
Cons
Not very scheduled, responsibilities vary, no benefits
Very interesting work.
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 24, 2017
A typical day included reviewing potential student applications, inputting data in the computer system, corresponding with students and filing. I learned a lot about the admissions process. Management could have been more supportive. The workplace culture was somewhat restrictive. The hardest part of the job was how busy it got certain times of the year. The most enjoyable part of the job was how interesting it was.
Pros
It was very interesting work.
Cons
I didn't feel the management was very supportive or encouraging.
Great place to work!
Desktop Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 5, 2017
This is great place to work. The people were amazing and very helpful. Everything about the experience at ECU School of dental was positive. I wish it was a peppermint position.
Claims technical, really data entry
Web Content Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 2, 2017
While I'm unsure of what my position's title was, I list it on my resume as a web content administrator, because that's what the work entailed. We used CommonSpot CMS tools, which are essentially a set of tools that can create and update sites quickly with almost no web development knowledge.

While the description for the job asked for web design knowledge, as I said previously, practically none was needed. Occasionally, I would open up an elements HTML view to discern problems with lists that the autoformatter had messed up.
My primary duty was to update websites from an old page design that did not scale responsively to user attributes such as mobile platform, resolution, etc. into a new responsive design. Sounds complicated? Cool? Wrong, this was practically a glorified data entry job.
Was the work easy?
Did you ever do anything beyond copying and pasting text boxes?
Nope.
I had the capacity to quickly finish nearly all the work orders within about 15 hours a week, and knew that all of mine and coworkers positions could be trivialized into scripts that could have been easily implemented and administered. I hated knowing this and the fact that no one around me seemed to even consider the possibility or even care.

As I was facing a myriad of personal issues, management neglected to inform me of any expectations. No hour range or page count was qualified to me and while I was in the middle of determining my academic situation I was abruptly terminated without warning. This lack of communication about expectations is completely unacceptable, and while I had
  more... little desire to continue my employment in that position, I am still irritated at the circumstances behind it.  less
Great flexible job for college students.
Athletic Operations (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 2, 2017
The work hours are extremely flexible and works around your class schedule. You will participate in a range of activities from setting up tables and chairs to working special events and athletic events.
Good place
Admissions intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 28, 2017
Very good place to work. Nice people and boss is very good at her job. Enjoyed working here. The university is a great place to be and the town loves it
Graduate teaching assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 24, 2017
Working helped me pay off some of my tuition for grad school. Teaching was new to me, however, faculty pushed me to rid of my fear of public speaking and taught me how to design lectures for each lab. Now I can say that I no longer fear public speaking and my ability to simplify complex concepts has improved greatly. Another thing that improved was my time management skill since I had to juggle class, teaching, grading, and doing research. Professors that I had to work with were very understanding and easy to communicate with about the progress of each lab.
Pros
always learning
Great Job needs stability
Human Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 23, 2017
I enjoy working in this position. It is set to end soon because its a grant funded position. This is a great starting position for someone but not for someone looking for a career because its soft money and no benefits
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Grant Funded, no funding no job
Lacks organization
Certified Medical Coder, Radiation Oncology (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with staff, but felt the lack of organization getting me a started with resources required to do the job. Training did not happen immediately upon hire.
Grad Assistant work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 22, 2017
Faculty try to utilize graduate students in capacities that promote personal development. They take interests into consideration and also recognize abilities, giving opportunities to be involved in their research.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Need to ask for work
Overall Good
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 18, 2017
It was a great place to work for the time that I was there. I left for another job opportunity but all of the people there were a pleasure to work for.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
High energy work environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 15, 2017
Worked here for about a year as a student worker! taught me a lot of transferable skills that I use in my internship and my current position as well. Loved working here!
Productive fun working atmosphere
Assistant Cross Country/Track Coach (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 12, 2017
Go into the office at 8:00am do necessary paperwork and then head to practice. I was a coach at East Carolina and it was the best life work balance for me at the time. I loved my boss and he helped mentor me as I started my young career.
Experience
Payroll Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 8, 2017
East Carolina University gave me a lot of experience in the different fields of business. they gave me a lot of opportunities to have internships and to learn how the business world actually works.
mismanaged
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 6, 2017
boring. It is the same thing everyday. no challenge. Management is more concerned with personal lives than with the job. Favoritism abounds. there is a lot of in fighting
Pros
time off
Cons
low wages
n/a
Health and Wellness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everetts, NCApril 30, 2017
“It has been a wonderful experience working with such a great group of people.”
October 8, 2010 @ 3:08 pm
“It has been a wonderful experience working with such a great group of people. Things were bleak for me before you placed me in this position and I really appreciate you giving me the chance. It really helped my family and me get through a very tough time, and I will never forget it!
An independent place to work, with friendly boss examples
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 24, 2017
Student referral agent
Resource officer
Plan and Host programs
Community builder
Pros
Scholarship, Working with people, Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours
Good support for athletics from staff and fans.
Director of Basketball Operations (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 19, 2017
Good college town that really supports it's sports teams. Not much else going on in the town outside of the college but located close to bigger cities and the beach.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Carolina University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4