East Carolina University

East Carolina University Employer Reviews

Awesome work enviroment, with great people.
Program Assistant for Leadership and Team Training (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: there are none
-Amazing
-Great managers
-hard but rewarding work
-Leadership Skils
-Great way to learn new skills
Good work life balance
Payroll Director (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 12, 2014
State funding for higher education is declining making employee retention and recruitment difficult.
Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 4, 2014
East Carolina Brody School of Med is a great place to work. I worked there for 5 years in OB/GYN and it was a good experience for me.
Great place to build lasting relationships
Production Services Technician (Former Employee), Mendenhall Student CenterJune 20, 2014
Pros: can see productions for free, catered events, free movies, great people
Cons: can work up to 14 hours per day (rarely)
The 2 types of work days were either office hours which required setting up different equipment in rooms throughout the student recreation center from anywhere between 3-9 hours. The second type of work day was actively preparing/running events and productions, ranging from movies, plays, dances, modeling shows, and outdoor performances. These types – more... of workdays were the kind where you would regularly work overtime. Management was understanding and helpful when it came to teaching new employees as there were employees coming and going about every 2 years. The most challenging part of the job was programming specific equipment, such as the light and sound boards, but it was also very enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that everyone on the production services team knew each other very well and there were no strangers among us. – less
Educational
Graduate Assistantship (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 17, 2014
Learned a lot about Geographic Information Science and the techniques associated with ESRI 10.1.
Awesome place to work for students
Student Production Technician/Computer Lab Tech (Former Employee), Mendenhall Student Center, Wright AuditoriumMay 23, 2014
Working at East Carolina University is both fun and informative. You can learn many valuable skills to make you a more productive member of the workforce and society.
Productive place that allows a person to gain knowledge and experiance
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), East Carolina UniversityMay 20, 2014
Pros: high pay
Cons: not as many hours
A typical day would consist of students coming in an learning the steps of cooking, temperature, safety and sanitation regulations. I have learned to manage, organize, close and be exposed with working with others. The most enjoyable part of the job would be teaching others and giving them more experience and knowledge.
Challenging and something new to learn each day
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 14, 2014
Pros: working hours. weekends off
Cons: slow progression salary and promotion wise.
Saw workers comp pts with new injuries or in folllow up. Active in occupational and infetion control issues during the day.
Teaching Assistant
Geologic Field Mapping Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), New MexicoMay 7, 2014
Typical day included hiking around classic geologic mapping areas of New Mexico, assisting students in the creation of geologic maps by identifying rock types and structures.
Great Experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 4, 2014
Great place to learn and work. Work pace and attitude is probably more a function of who you are working for.
Instructor (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 8, 2014
Really enjoyed teaching at this excellent university. Great leadership and I got along great with other employees
Clean steamers
Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 3, 2014
Pros: great place to work, work inside
Cons: lots of dangerous chemicals and frequent animal bites
Put dirty cages into high temp sterilizing cleaners, i learned how to operate industrial cleaner how to transport cages into and out of cleaner log my daily duties and provide a clean and safe work environment. I had two or three co-workers that provided assistance if asked. I also would help them if they asked me for assistance. Most enjoyable part – more... of the job was lunch and talking with co-workers about life. Hardest part of the job was transporting the animals to and from cages. – less
Great Experience
Undergraduate Assistantship (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 3, 2014
Through this job I learned skills that are not offered in the classroom and helped my adviser with his research project.
Learning experience
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: working with patients
Cons: those patients that are doctor shopping
Typical day is very busy practice, learned so much of the day to day of the clinic, my coworkers and management is very easy to work with. The hardest part of my job is to see how the patients is suffering and the most enjoyable is watching the patients come in with back problems and have surgery and they are wonderful after.
good classes
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 21, 2014
I learned a lot in my classes, my research assistantship gave me a great deal of experience in the field
Fun
Assistant to Marketing and Alumni Directors (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 3, 2014
Fun
Great people to work with...................
........................
Wonderful Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great for students, on campus, able to get work done
Cons: take a lot out in taxes
Working with ECU is a great experience, they are normally very open understanding that you are also a student and are mostly willing to work with your schedule and workload. I was able to get a lot of my schoolwork done during downtime.
Growing Workplace
Internship (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 19, 2014
The Brody School of Medicine at ECU is a well-rated medical school with respect to rural medicine.
Productive and great place to work
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 11, 2014
You never know what to expect when going into work. It keeps you alert and helps you sharpen your job specific skills throughout a typical work day. The management is great and easy to work with. Overall, it is just a great place to work.
Fun and friendly work environment with great flexibility
Student Technology Analyst, ITCS (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 5, 2014
I truly enjoyed being a part of the ITCS team and was amazed by the friendliness of management and colleagues.

1 2 3 4

About East Carolina University

East Carolina University (ECU) offers more than 100 undergraduate programs and about 75 graduate, 15 doctoral, and four specialist – Read more

East Carolina University Photos