East Carolina University Employee Reviews

Leadership Opportunity
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 16, 2016
I was able to get experience in planning as well as organizing meetings. I also had the chance to lead fund raisers. It was nice to be apart of people pursuing personal growth.
Great Place to Work and Grow!
Faculty, College of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 21, 2016
The College of Nursing is a remarkable place to work with a strong history of excellence in the nursing education marketplace throughout the US. Innovative, brilliant group of men and women faculty members.
Pros
Impactful to Eastern North Carolina Communities, Cutting-Edge Health Sciences
Cons
Salary (public university); often "research" seems to be more important than innovation in teach
Productive and fun meeting new people
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 14, 2016
We work hard and fast for so long. Working there I get to meet new people and make sure the customers leave happy. I learn to work with others and also learn to work by myself. The managers are some time too hard to get along with and they have favorites. The most part I like about my job is making others happy.
Pros
Free lunches and free turkeys during Thanks Giving
Cons
Short breaks
University Development
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 30, 2016
Worked for the interim Vice Chancellor as her personal assistant but also performed various day-to-day duties for the Board of Directors which consisted of 7 Directors and 2 Assistant Directors.

The job was very challenging as each day was filled with job descriptions changes. One day you may be working for the department HR doing timekeeping and payroll assistance. Other times you may cross cover for clerical staff in providing typing, event planning, and travel scheduling. Other duties may include equipment maintence/set-up, vehicle maintenance and transportation services to the senior staff.
Pros
Met new people and traveled around the city.
Cons
Demanding personalities all wanting you to spread your time overall.
my bldg was a working building, they are responsible for admitting students, tours, finances, grade replacement , I gave a lot of directions, I worked
Eviromental Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834June 9, 2016
I would meet with the employees after work to socialize, I would show housekeepers how to log on the computer, I was at work 4am mornings so when they came in the could fix their coffee and began their work day. I went around and chatted with each employee everyday, I helped them if they had death in the family, or had babies, got married, or got divorced .I listen to them I always tried to keep us safe. I utilized the ECU police force when necessary. I just did little things to make the days pleasant.
Pros
I would go out to get lunch, and I asked all of them if they wanted to send out for food(most did) if someone had a food sale, I took the orders and collected the money
Cons
the recession caused a lot of changes
Rewarding
Advertising Intern (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 24, 2016
If you work hard and call many companies you can sell a lot of advertisements. I go out and find different companies and deliver sales information to them.
Great atmosphere working in close contact with industry professionals
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 7, 2016
Working as a Graduate Research Assistant for both the School of Hospitality Leadership and the Department of Criminal Justice provided me with a great learning environment as well as great contact with industry professionals. I assisted in professional research and was given the opportunity to take the lead on many projects included recruitment, orientation, and events. The department heads understood that school came first, so I was always given time for assignments, exams, and of course, class.
Conducive environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2016
Supportive staff for student advancement in career especially towards further graduate studies, but not very helpful in student placement in the job market.
A job
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 12, 2016
No room for growth due to career banding established. No respect and support for SHRA employees that do the day to day work.
A good place for interns/students upon graduating to get established.
Overall job assigment was satisfactory
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2016
A very neat and productive working college campus. I was mainly doing a Windows 7 deployment for the college faculty and students. The most exciting part about the job was being able to install large to small LED video screens at each faculty worksite...
Pros
Free lunch, networking with collegues
Cons
Job assigment was too short
Good University
Recruitment Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 31, 2016
Good place to work.great environment, great location. close to a lot of places to eat, live, and shopping. good management, employees. overall good place to work. management can be a little better, but overall good.
Job security contingent on state leadership
Sociology Teaching Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2016
I loved the people I worked with, including my supervisor. I took pride in working for ECU for over 6 years, but my employment was always vulnerable to budget cuts handed down by state leadership. Adjunct employees are notoriously overworked, undervalued, and underpaid.
Productive place to work
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 14, 2016
ECU is a great place to work. They offer flexible schedules, room for growth, a diverse work environment, A typical day is fun and never boring. It is truly a family oriented place to work.
Great workplace, understanding and helpful supervisors
Instructor- "Principles (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for ECU. My supervisors were knowledgeable and supportive. My coworkers were nice and helpful. I was given significant freedom to teach as I thought best. I enjoyed my daily interactions with students. The hardest part of my job was helping the students learn the material at hand.
I would work for ECU again if given an opportunity.
East Carolina University
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 24, 2016
East Carolina was a good experience for me and I enjoyed learning from my professor about how to be a professional. I was able to mentor students as well as give and grade exams.
Working at East Carolina University
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 27, 2015
This university is un organized . The pay is okay, but it could be better. I think this college would be better if they had a better management team that knows what they are doing. Management is poor in a lot of the departments. The best thing about working at ECU is the flexibility and the holidays you receive.
Pros
Vacation and sick, Flexiability
Cons
Management sucks and no raises
Professional
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 21, 2016
While working in the Registrar's Office I found the employees to be professional and thorough. Additionally they are kind and the work atmosphere is positive.
Easy-going workplace with low pay and big responsibilities
Student Computing Technology Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 13, 2012
During my time as a student worker in the IT department at ECU I learned quite a bit about supporting remote systems. My co-workers are easy-going and can pick up the slack when needed. Printer support is the most difficult and frustrating part of my job. I really enjoy creating sysprepped images and working with Microsoft products. I also enjoy using remote management software such as Symantec Management 7.1 to help make the job easier.
Pros
lenient schedule, fun co-workers, learning experience, troubleshooting often
Cons
no benefits, no full-time opportunities
Thanks ECU
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 29, 2016
ECU provides many opportunities for students to work. However, finding the right position and supervisor that is flexible with your schedule can be the hardest part of the job.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 23, 2016
Loved being a GTA at ECU. The most enjoyable part of being a GTA is feeling like you are making an impact on the students you are teaching.

4.5