East Carolina University

East Carolina University Employee Reviews in United States

Transit
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 28, 2016
Wonderful experience. This job requires a class B license. Class B license is required to own and or operate large commercial vehicles.
excellent shool
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 26, 2016
a great school
highly recommend it
An excellent place to work.
I learned the skills i need for my job
it provides a good family work balance
Productive and fun place to work
Clinical Informatics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 13, 2016
I enjoy coming to work everyday and get a lot of fulfillment out of it. I enjoy the challenges faced working in Clinical Quality, effectively and efficiently creating workflows to overcome hurdles and celebrating successes.
Basketball official
Intramural Basketball Official (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 10, 2016
I worked for East Carolina University's Student Recreation Center as a part of their Federal Work Study Program. I liked this job because of their flexible work schedule. It allowed you to work the hours that were most beneficial for you and you were also given overtime.
Great for student workers
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 10, 2016
Job held at the university are valuable for students, they provide an excellent opportunity for students to have work schedules accommodating their class schedules as well as enhance the learning experience depending on the job in question
One of the best jobs I've ever had!
Administration Support/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 4, 2016
I absolutely loved working at East Carolina University as administrative support/receptionist. I found my true spot in the office as a worker and in the university as a student. If I could go back to any job, this would be it!
Great Place to Work and Grow!
Faculty, College of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 21, 2016
The College of Nursing is a remarkable place to work with a strong history of excellence in the nursing education marketplace throughout the US. Innovative, brilliant group of men and women faculty members.
Pros
Impactful to Eastern North Carolina Communities, Cutting-Edge Health Sciences
Cons
Salary (public university); often "research" seems to be more important than innovation in teach
Worked here during grad school
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 2, 2016
I worked at ECU as a Graduate Assistant while I was earning my MBA. It was a fun job working with professors and was pretty flexible which was handy since I was a fulltime student
office assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 16, 2016
Filing and record keeping was the main focus of the job. Enjoyed the work environment as well as my co workers. Left on summer break
Friendly Workplace
Student Planner/Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 31, 2016
I only worked there for a 6 month period at a student position but it was a very friendly workplace. As a student planner/draftsman my superiors felt very confident in my work and allowed me to work mainly independently with guidance on tasks. This allowed me to work at my pace and complete projects faster.
Pros
strong pay at a student position
Cons
Lack of challenging tasks to sustain a position

Want to know more about East Carolina University?

Ask a question
Great workplace
Research Assistant on Artificial Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 14, 2016
A very calm environment, suitable for research and learning. It is one of a kind University and trains young minds in becoming better individuals for tomorrow
Fun being a student and rewarding
Student Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 4, 2016
It was a tough four years but my experiences in the classroom and on the job has always allowed me to excel, I believe I am prepared to be a part of a company and the workforce now. I wish to pursue a further degree but for now I would like to explore all my options.
Great Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 21, 2015
The department was actually the welcome desk of the student center. However the hardest part of the job I would say would be dealing with the unpleasant clients. they also would question my credentials because I was a part time employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and creating the wonderful relationships
Great!
Student Involvement & Leadership (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 13, 2015
Meeting some amazing people and creating connection with school officials. The not so enjoyable part about it was when the allotted hours that we could work went from 38 to 25. That was a drastic change, but us being adaptive students, made it work.
no room to grow
IT Help Desk/ Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 8, 2015
Very Chill gig! Management is terrible! Give a mediocre person some power and they don't know how to act. The supervisor treats his students workers like they're not important. Very sarcastic all of the time to the point where it's annoying. He has mini spies that that he calls "Team Leads" who creep around, observe everything you do, and then goes back and tell him. He's fires you immediately based of what they told him and don't even give you a chance to defend yourself. Half of the time they're doing wrong themselves. Other than that, it's cool but don't trust anyone!
Pros
very chill
Cons
co-workers and supervisor can't be trusted
I like ECU
Student tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 7, 2015
East Carolina University is an excellent place. It offers a great educational program and the people are excellent. I enjoyed being there.

You can meet many different types of people there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 9, 2015
Overall good quality. Typical day at work would be making copies, and running other errands. I learned how to better my office management skills. Management was very organized. Co-workers had been very likable. I don't believe the job had been hard at all. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to build connections with people, while also helping out.
Great job to have while in Graduate School
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 20, 2015
Being a Graduate Assistant is a wonderful opportunity for students in a graduate program. Presents unique and wonderful opportunities to get to know professors, and stay involved in the program.
Pros
Low stress, salaried
Review Summary
Interim Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 18, 2015
I have had a positive experience. The town is a great area, close to any major attractions. The area is growing and expanding in stride. In addition, there has been a great group of people whom I have met in my time at ECU.
Great Institution
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 12, 2015
Great institution. Top-notch faculty and researchers who want the best for their students and are always willing to help.

4.5