East Carolina University Employee Reviews

Improved my sill set
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 20, 2015
There are many people that you can learn from by working with them. The school itself is vastly diverse, a work environment that i thoroughly enjoyed.
Fun, Independent workplace
AutoCAD / Inventor Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 8, 2015
Nice staff. Easy to get along with and talk to. Most of the day was spent assisting students with their homework.
Concentrated on the stdents and not about their learning styles.
Productive and fun workplace
Campus 31 - Student Marketing (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, fun projects, being able to learn every aspect of film production
While working at Campus 31, in the student center of East Carolina University, I was required to direct, shoot, and edit various videos for different organization and events around the campus of ECU. We produced promotional videos, advertisement videos, and covered live events. Being provided with our own work space and computer, we had the freedom of working at our leisure, as long as the project we were assigned was completed by the deadline. This job helped me craft my skill in every aspect of film production and taught me the steps needed to become successful within this field. The most enjoyable part of this job was the great times I had with my co-workers, and being able to learn from them as we worked on projects together.
Great Atmosphere
Industrial Hygiene and Safety Intern (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJune 11, 2015
My job at the EH&S office has truly been a great experience for me while I finish my undergrad at ECU for my bachelors degree. They promote a learning environment and assign tasks that hold importance in the operations of the office and the university as well. Other employees at the office are extremely friendly and create make the office a welcoming place to work at.
Review
Graduate Assistant Life Time (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJune 1, 2015
• Instruct of multiple one-hour class sessions to teach students on the variables related to fitness, physical fitness, diet, weight control, degenerative diseases, physiological effects of exercise, and significance of motor skills development.
• Create assignments and activity lessons ensuring students understood the core mission and key principles of the class.
• Grade and monitor overall success of students, along with constant contact via email and office hour meeting arrangements.
Challenged me to grow as graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 28, 2015
Pros: working with the professors
Cons: writing extra research papers
Working as a GRA was a fantastic experience! I was able to polish up my research skills and create a great network with professors.
Working at East Carolina University
Office Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 27, 2015
Pros: Vacation and sick, Flexiability
Cons: Management sucks and no raises
This university is un organized . The pay is okay, but it could be better. I think this college would be better if they had a better management team that knows what they are doing. Management is poor in a lot of the departments. The best thing about working at ECU is the flexibility and the holidays you receive.
Good environment
Adjunct Instructor of Sociology (Former Employee), Greenville,NCMay 21, 2015
great students, good faculty and colleagues. Great teaching resources for all instructors. Helpful staff that will guide you about teaching and the environment at East Carolina University
Friendly Working Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 14, 2015
Feeling good to be around by friendly and creative people.
Always encouraged to learn new skills.
Can balance well between work and life.
Great University
Greek Life - Administrator Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 4, 2015
This really is the leadership and diversity university. ECU was the stepping stone for my professional, educational and social development. It has molded me into a bright individual and have given me knowledge to everyday situation that I would possible face as I move forward in my career.
Nice environment
Temp (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 28, 2015
Pros: Coworkers were great
Cons: See above
Great people, nice environment, lacks the desire to give people a real chance at performing and moving up and would rather go outside and bring in new than start inside
Great place to work never got to see my family three hours away
Assistant Strength Coach (Former Employee), Greenville NCApril 21, 2015
My work day started at 6:00am and ended at 7:00pm at night. I learned how to train and manage large groups of people. Got along great with co workers. They hardest part of my job way being away from my family. I enjoyed working with my teams.
Fun and rewarding work environment
Student Union Student Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 20, 2015
Amazing Boss who creates a fair and fun work environment. Given a lot of responsibility and a chance to exercise and develop leadership skills. They work with you as a student to make the best schedule possible.
Math TA and Tutor
Undergrad Assistant, Tutor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCApril 13, 2015
Working with the Math 1065 program introduced me to a wide range of student abilities. The average day consisted of equal parts helping with math concepts and homework as well and troubleshooting online computing environments with Pearson Educational and ECU's ITCS departments.
Good clinical student experience
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 22, 2015
The staff were more than willing to teach the basic skills about the medical assisting career. I would recommend this location to other medical assisting students.
Overall a good place to work if you have an interest in transportation
Transit Bus Driver (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: freedom is allowed
Cons: office politics present
Management is easy to work with for the most part. A few can be difficult at times. Co workers are great and make coming to work enjoyable.
ECU is a great employer
Environmental Technician/Housekeeping (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: work experience, camaraderie
Cons: mandatory overtime
East Carolina University is a great employer to be working for. The camaraderie and work enviornment was key to my continued employment there. I've learned alot from my area supervisor and management about being punctual and thorough in all my assigned tasks. The hardest part of my job is balancing my lifestyle with the demanding hours and mandatory overtime. I enjoyed interacting with university staff and sometimes but not often the students.
Great workplace
Undergraduate research assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 10, 2015
Genetics was my passion and I was able to discover that here. I enjoyed being able to do DNA and genetics research. I had a great boss and he was able to teach me a lot of things about this industry.
maintained and kept the books for the athletic department
Office of Student Development (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 3, 2015
Used Microsoft word, excel and power point to maintain the athletic books of all appropriate candidates. worked there for four years all during college.
state job
Research Technician (Former Employee), greenville ncFebruary 2, 2015
This was the worst job I ever had! As a state job you do have security but thats about the only good thing here. Dept of Comparative Med needs better management!