East Carolina University

East Carolina University Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace
Research Assistant on Artificial Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 14, 2016
A very calm environment, suitable for research and learning. It is one of a kind University and trains young minds in becoming better individuals for tomorrow
Overall, ECU is great place to work.
Administrative Support Associate- Advanced (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 1, 2015
A typical day for me varies depending on the time of the year. There are always certain tasks that you have daily, but there are some that only done during interview season. I have learned a lot of things about the healthcare system in general since I have been in this position. The most valuable thing is to see the new fellows develop and bloom in knowledge in their second year.
office assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 16, 2016
Filing and record keeping was the main focus of the job. Enjoyed the work environment as well as my co workers. Left on summer break
ECU an excellent place to work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of several duties; completing room checks as part of preventative maintenance, fixing or upgrading computers and other devices, keeping documentation of calls, and taking calls for technical issues.

I learned about technology in the classroom, help desk support, audio video equipment, and pc hardware.

The Management staff very professional and agreeable.

The co-workers were very easy to get along with and helpful.

The hardest part of my job was trying to fix multiple problems at once, but I was able to get through it by using my technical knowledge/expertise.
Pros
Great co-workers and management.
Cons
Not enough hours and no opportunity for advancement.
I like ECU
Student tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 7, 2015
East Carolina University is an excellent place. It offers a great educational program and the people are excellent. I enjoyed being there.

You can meet many different types of people there.
fast paste working environment, Productive and enjoyable place of employment,
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Leo Jenkins Cancer CenterAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed working at the ljcc, it is a very busy environment. I enjoy communicating with patients, staff as well as my co-workers. Hardest part of my job is getting attached to a patient that has been diagnose with an incurable type of cancer and then they expire. I try to do above and beyond of what is expected of me. Most enjoyable thing that i like about my job is being able to listen to patients when they have any type of problem or circumstance that they are not able to handle I try to assist them on the right track or get any type of assistance they might need, ect directing them to a nurse. or fnp.
Great job to have while in Graduate School
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 20, 2015
Being a Graduate Assistant is a wonderful opportunity for students in a graduate program. Presents unique and wonderful opportunities to get to know professors, and stay involved in the program.
Pros
Low stress, salaried
Professional and fun place to work.
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 3, 2015
East Carolina University is an exceptional four year institution. It was a great experience working for a large institution with so much history and pride. Everyone enjoyed the school and promoted the institution. I enjoyed helping students the most. The hardest part of the job was telling a student they were not admissible to the college.
Pros
Large Public Institution
Review Summary
Interim Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 18, 2015
I have had a positive experience. The town is a great area, close to any major attractions. The area is growing and expanding in stride. In addition, there has been a great group of people whom I have met in my time at ECU.
Great job at a great university
Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 1, 2015
It was great to be recognized by students, staff and visitors, as an integral part of the college campus. The community policing assured personal relationships with community members in a professional manner.
Pros
Excellent training.
Cons
Twelve hour rotating shifts.
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 9, 2015
I helped with the editing and proofreading of archaeological site maps and created indexes and charts for logging artifacts. I also helped complete artifact analysis of prehistoric materials as well as cataloged artifacts from field school excavations.
There is no typical day
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 4, 2015
The work is not hard, but working at a university is an adventure. You never know what t expect. College students can be so funny, with their culture their drunken escapades and their new freedoms. work is what you make it!!
Productive and fun workplace
Campus 31 - Student Marketing (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 24, 2015
While working at Campus 31, in the student center of East Carolina University, I was required to direct, shoot, and edit various videos for different organization and events around the campus of ECU. We produced promotional videos, advertisement videos, and covered live events. Being provided with our own work space and computer, we had the freedom of working at our leisure, as long as the project we were assigned was completed by the deadline. This job helped me craft my skill in every aspect of film production and taught me the steps needed to become successful within this field. The most enjoyable part of this job was the great times I had with my co-workers, and being able to learn from them as we worked on projects together.
Pros
Great co-workers, fun projects, being able to learn every aspect of film production
Great Atmosphere
Industrial Hygiene and Safety Intern (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 11, 2015
My job at the EH&S office has truly been a great experience for me while I finish my undergrad at ECU for my bachelors degree. They promote a learning environment and assign tasks that hold importance in the operations of the office and the university as well. Other employees at the office are extremely friendly and create make the office a welcoming place to work at.
Review
Graduate Assistant Life Time (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 1, 2015
• Instruct of multiple one-hour class sessions to teach students on the variables related to fitness, physical fitness, diet, weight control, degenerative diseases, physiological effects of exercise, and significance of motor skills development.
• Create assignments and activity lessons ensuring students understood the core mission and key principles of the class.
• Grade and monitor overall success of students, along with constant contact via email and office hour meeting arrangements.
Working at East Carolina University
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 27, 2015
This university is un organized . The pay is okay, but it could be better. I think this college would be better if they had a better management team that knows what they are doing. Management is poor in a lot of the departments. The best thing about working at ECU is the flexibility and the holidays you receive.
Pros
Vacation and sick, Flexiability
Cons
Management sucks and no raises
Great Institution
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 12, 2015
Great institution. Top-notch faculty and researchers who want the best for their students and are always willing to help.
Great
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  ITCSSeptember 1, 2015
Great, it was a good place to learn for a University. Lots of great team members and project going on everyday. Lots of DB, Systems, App jobs and getting more projects all the time.
Extremely thorough learning environment
Research Associate and Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 13, 2015
I worked as a research associate, an instructor, and supervisor of a cardiovascular testing program. Each role was a learning experience, and I have acquired so many skills and contacts from the university setting. My co-workers are amiable and enjoyable--in my department most everyone is active and friendly. I have enjoyed getting to know many of them. The hardest part of my job is still the schedule of work with me as a single parent of three school aged children. I have no problem with workloads, but sometimes the instruction requires my presence when it is almost impossible. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of a well-seasoned and growing team, who cares about their students and co-workers. I have been so lucky to have learned what I have through the years. I feel well-rounded and prepared to move forward with the skills I have. I have written freelance for 20 some years and have always wanted to use the experience I have gained through the health field in a positive way.
Pros
Flexibility and freedom to grow as a professional
Cons
Teaching loads and low pay
Great job and friendly work environment
Student Blogger and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 5, 2015
-Customer Service
-Working within a team
-Communicating with other departments
-Clerical work
-Organizing and restocking office supplies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Carolina University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5