East Carolina University Employee Reviews

state job
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  greenville ncFebruary 2, 2015
This was the worst job I ever had! As a state job you do have security but thats about the only good thing here. Dept of Comparative Med needs better management!
enjoyable workplace
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Scheduling patients and coordinating surgeries. My day consists of data entry and customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new skills.
Pros
work with team players
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Productive and easy going place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Multidisciplinary staff worked great with student workers, always available when needed.
Graduate Student in Geography Department
GIS Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Friendly and helpful faculty who are experts in their field
Lenient schedule
Full-Time Student
Transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 18, 2015
It has a small cozy environment. It is hard to get into upper division due to limited selection numbers. You might end up with a degree that's totally different than you intended to obtain.
Amazing work atmosphere
Customer Service at the Student Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 8, 2015
My day at work would revolve around meetings, getting assignments and helping guests with whatever questions or problems they may have. I would help my co-workers with whatever was needed and assisted when called in.Everyone was willing to help the next person out.
Pros
good pay/friendly and welcoming environment
Graduate Research Assistant
MATCH Program- Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Typical duties of a research assistant and of a graduate student. I have learned a lot about research in general, what it takes to run a health prevention program, and how to manage resources.
My job as a resident advisor
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 4, 2015
I would talk to residents and attend staff meetings, while also planning programs that helped students adjust to campus life. I learned to settle conflicts and become more of a team player.
Great place to work!
Teacher Quality Partnership Grant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 10, 2014
The hardest part of the job was pleasing everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students. The university environment is fast paced and exciting.
benefits
Cons
location
First post Graduate position filled with exciting challanges that proved invaluable to professional growth
Staff Specialist, Career Services Department (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 8, 2014
Best professional experience to date. I had such great support by direct supervisor, co workers and students. I chaired several committees and took part in staff recruitment. My plate was truly full. Managing a student staff, working with colleagues in developing programs for students which supported the academic mission of the university kept me on my toes.
Pros
leading committees, representing the university at various recruiment venues
Cons
extreme long hong hours
Productive and relaxed
Graduate Assistant, Department of Economics (Former Employee) –  10th Street Greenville NC 27858November 18, 2014
Very creative job. The challenges of doing research was very rewarding.
Great Place
Senior Capstone Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 31, 2014
Everyone helps out. Enjoyable professors. It was a great learning experience
Good working environment
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 15, 2014
East Carolina University is a good place to work. Hours are reasonable, the benefits are good, and the employees have been easy to get along with for the most part. The salary and the lack of opportunities to advance leave a little to be desired though.
Great professors
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 26, 2014
I enjoyed working with professors on research projects, co-authoring papers, grading, etc. It was a great experience as a grad student.
Pros
great professors
Great learning experience
Resident Physician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 19, 2014
Large medical facility with typical bread and butter medicine and all the interesting cases you would need to make a residency program complete.
Pros
awesome teaching faculty
Great experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 6, 2014
I met with student's who were legally sanctioned for drug and alcohol violations. I was required to sanction each student with homework assignments, drug and alcohol counseling, mental health therapy, etc.
Pros
worked around my student schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Awesome work enviroment, with great people.
Program Assistant for Leadership and Team Training (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 25, 2014
-Amazing
-Great managers
-hard but rewarding work
-Leadership Skils
-Great way to learn new skills
Pros
good employees
Cons
there are none
Good work life balance
Payroll Director (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 12, 2014
State funding for higher education is declining making employee retention and recruitment difficult.
Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 4, 2014
East Carolina Brody School of Med is a great place to work. I worked there for 5 years in OB/GYN and it was a good experience for me.
Great place to build lasting relationships
Production Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Mendenhall Student CenterJune 20, 2014
The 2 types of work days were either office hours which required setting up different equipment in rooms throughout the student recreation center from anywhere between 3-9 hours. The second type of work day was actively preparing/running events and productions, ranging from movies, plays, dances, modeling shows, and outdoor performances. These types of workdays were the kind where you would regularly work overtime. Management was understanding and helpful when it came to teaching new employees as there were employees coming and going about every 2 years. The most challenging part of the job was programming specific equipment, such as the light and sound boards, but it was also very enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that everyone on the production services team knew each other very well and there were no strangers among us.
Pros
can see productions for free, catered events, free movies, great people
Cons
can work up to 14 hours per day (rarely)

4.5