East Carolina University

East Carolina University Employer Reviews

Good place for non-career jobs
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 2, 2013
People are down to earth, work hard, and work together. Great place to start my job work history
No Comment
Safe Ride Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 28, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Contact East Carolina University Student Transit Authority for information regarding work environment.
Fun school to attend
Lab assistant and Mcdonalds (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, clubs and church.
Cons: the parties.
A typical day at work was easy and calm. The professor made a list of what needed to be done, and it was done by the employee each day.
I learned lab skills and my co-workers was nice. Their was no hard parts to the job, and I enjoyed worker with others as well as myself.
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 21, 2013
Pros: adjusted work schedule
Cons: no room for advancement in some departments
East Carolina University is a great place to work. Some departments are better to work for than others. Working on campus is the way to go. Overall, it's a great place to work.
Productive place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 8, 2013
Pros: intelligent co-workers
Cons: short breaks
It was a nice and friendly place to work as a teaching assistant.
Nice job to compliment a full time college student
Barrista/ Cashier (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 30, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: restocking products via cart from way across campus at late night
A typical day consisted of selling coffee drinks, smoothies, and coffee cakes. At the end of the shift I was required to restock cakes, drink mixes, and take money across campus. I learned how to close out the cash register appropriately. Management were understanding and stuck to the rules. My co-workers were my age and mostly college students also. – more... the hardest part of the job was restocking because the carts were heavy most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was its location and very convieniant for students to come by and visit. – less
Fun and learning-friendly work place
Teaching assistant /Research assistant (Current Employee), North Carolina GreenvilleMarch 20, 2013
My job is to proctor exams, help grading the exams, post them online ASAP, tutoring students and help with research. I learned how to interact with people and talk in front of a crowd in my teaching assistant job. My research related job however taught me something entirely different. I was lucky to be a part of a project that I learned how a topic – more... of a project is determined, how to do the background research and literature review. Every Tuesday I need to present a summary of reference papers. After several months I found that I'm getting more confident when giving presentations and less nervous. The hardest part of my job comes with the lack of research experience that sometimes I need to go over the work again which later became the funniest part of the job. Every time when reading the materials again or summarizing it I realized something I missed and then they became something new I learned. Through the discussion and guidance of the professor, I came to be more cautious when exposed with abundant information and more open-minded to understand different perspectives and sides to look at things. – less
Fun and free place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 14, 2013
I liked my job as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, my work load while working for my Master's was very difficult, but I enjoyed teaching several hundred students as meeting life long friends.
Wonderful GPR program
PGY-1 Resident (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 7, 2013
Exposure to treating medically complex patients, clearing patients for radiation, kidney and liver transplants, removable and fixed prosthodontics, endodontics, oral surgery, and treating pediatric patients.
Great job and institution
Teaching Instructor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 5, 2013
Working with students on a daily basis is invaluable. You work hard, but you also get to play hard.
I love it here.
Admin Support Specialist-Assistant to Registrar (Current Employee), Registrar's OfficeFebruary 27, 2013
Wonderful people, wonderful place, great core values and great benefits.
Average employer very poor benefits
Teaching Professor of Pathophysiology (Current Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: like the area, good people, good coworkers
Cons: benefits, bureaucracy, supervisors
Salary is average, retirement is also average. Health care insurance is expensive, does not cover everything, and has a deductable and 30% co-pay. That on top of some of the most expensive health care in the country make your health care expenses here quite high. Reason: you're paying for a lot of people around here who don't.
Other than retirement – more... and health care there are NO standard benefits. They do offer policies you can fund entirely yourself but the options are weak, not as good as policies I've had elsewhere. The Flex contractor is horrid. they'll do anything to try to keep your money. I'm thinking someone got a kickback.
The president seems like an OK guy. My supervisor and her supervisor don't really understand (or apparently care about) what I'm doing - myself and 2-3 others like me. I can't figure out why we don't have a supervisor who understands what we're doing. The coworkers are regular folks. The university is bureaucratic and PC to a fault. It's all kind of fake.
The town is partly Southern and partly wannabe university town. The road network is inadequate for the amount of traffic and the town is bounded by a river on the North and a railroad West of mid town. All this contributes to traffic and makes driving aggrevating. Many careless drivers too - watch out because they'll pull in front of you so close you have to brake or hit them. They also continue on after the red light so be careful taking off when your light turns green.
Shopping is box stores and chains, not much innovative here. There are a few good local restaurants but most are chains. I like the local people but a lot of the population is from elsewhere and some are OK but others brought bad manners with them.
The climate is hot in the summer time and cold in the winter, not so hot as Mississippi or Texas nor so cold as Iowa or Pennsylvania, but fairly humid most of the time. Good recreational areas nearby if you like outdoors. A fair amount of history if you look for it but it's not widely advertized so you do have to look. – less
Wonderful
Environmental Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 12, 2013
I enjoyed working for this church because the management, the scheduling, and the pay were great. I loved all the people I worked with there.
Fun place to work
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 10, 2013
Great for a college student to work while still in school. Hours are flexible and management is awesome and understanding.
Student Involvement and Leadership
Marketing Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 22, 2013
This is a great place to work. Friendly staff, team environment, always something taking place.
Great atmosphere
Office Assistant II/IV (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: culture and community events
I love ECU because its cultural, I would go back to ECU, it was a great place to work. I loved the interaction with the professor some of them were great and others well if you take them with a grain of salt they don't bother you. Great place, I wish I had quit, its one of the hardest places to get on, but once as you are in you can advance and go where – more... ever you wish. – less
Great Job
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Greenville, NCDecember 4, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: an hour commute from home
I really enjoy working here, I work with great, friendly people and it is a very positive atmosphere
Inside the Cubicle
PAS (Current Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 12, 2012
Pros: large environment
Cons: the satisfaction with management/coworkers is largely dependent on your location within the system.
Typical day consists of checking emails, writing official letters, performing tasks for many of the faculty, and maintaining the work flow related to multitudes of paperwork.

I learned that the job satisfaction greatly depends on what portion of ECU you work in as it is a very large establishment.

Management itself varies greatly from one division – more... to another.

The co-workers are usually good to work with again depending on your area within ECU.

The hardest part of the job is keeping everyone happy and productive.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in others lives whether it is just customer service or face to face assistance. – less
ECU is a very good place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 2, 2012
Very productive and efficient workplace in the university setting of a medical college. I always nice and efficient co-workers to work with, and in fact to today, I still have a friend who was my co-worker on my first job at East Carolina University. The management at all my jobs at ECU was very efficient and accurate. I learned extensively the medical – more... transcription field and also secretarial skills and also a very good knowledge of medical terminology. My most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with nice people at a job and a safe and good environment to work in. – less
Productive and comfortable workplace
Senior Military Instructor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 17, 2012
Currently I am working for East Carolina University and it is very productive. Due to me developing young minds to become future leaders in our military. I have to manage over 120 Cadets and ensure that they are in compliance with military regulations. Hardest part of my job is to tell a Cadet that this profession is not for them and help them find – more... a different profession. The most enjoyable part of my job is to build the minds of young people to become strong leaders. – less

About East Carolina University

East Carolina University (ECU) offers more than 100 undergraduate programs and about 75 graduate, 15 doctoral, and four specialist – Read more

East Carolina University Photos