East Carolina University Employee Reviews

An independent place to work, with friendly boss examples
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 24, 2017
Student referral agent
Resource officer
Plan and Host programs
Community builder
Pros
Scholarship, Working with people, Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours
Good support for athletics from staff and fans.
Director of Basketball Operations (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 19, 2017
Good college town that really supports it's sports teams. Not much else going on in the town outside of the college but located close to bigger cities and the beach.
Good School
Pirate Staff (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 8, 2017
A great fun college atmosphere. Pirate staff which is ran by ECU Athletic Operations staff is a great job for students who need a little extra cash on the side.
Very productive and busy enviornment.....
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 3, 2017
My typical day at work was to arrive early or on time....Get my station ready for the work day that was ahead...Once I was prepared and ready I begin.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks...
Great environment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 31, 2017
I have experience since working at Ecu meeting an diverse of families, staff and students. This experience has given me an different view within my career.
Productive and Fun Working Place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 29, 2017
Great Working Environment. A lot to learn and opportunities to grow as a graduate teaching assistant and graduate research assistant.Graduate advisers are excellent.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 25, 2017
I love working through East Carolina University as a receptionist. I enjoyed greeting everyone as they came through the door. I also loved the friendly environment.
Great
Kinesiology Graduate Student Organization (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 14, 2017
Work here. It's Great. Everything is fantastic. I worked in IM sports and had a good experience. I think you should definitely apply there if you're interested.
Fun place
Graduate Teaching & Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 5, 2017
Great to work at ECU. It feels like home to many. I personally have learned quite a bit from working here. Every professor I worked with was friendly in nature. They helped me in every possible way to understand the work and to get the work done in time.
Good environment and excellent university
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 4, 2017
I have a wonderful working environment. You are also surrounded by younger generation which is very good for knowing current trends and Ideas
Pros
Experienced professor, good opportunities
Cons
Busy schedule
Great workplace
Enrollment Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 21, 2017
The workplace is in a small town in Eastern North Carolina. The campus is diverse and has a population of 30,000. There are many opportunities here- finance, research, academics, etc.
Excellent environment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 11, 2017
Excellent environment to learn about research in the field, on the ground.Participated in Research study to provide Health Psychology services to African American couples: Cancer Recovery Enhancement (PROCARE) for African American men and their intimate partners. Later, provided an individualized version of PROCARE to men 5 years+ prostate cancer survival.
Truly, "good"work and rewarding as a clinician and one who values social justice
Pros
Excellent study and opportunity to offer tailored educational and treatment program
Cons
Not enough participants
fun workplace
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 10, 2017
improved my skills of working in a team of design group sharing different ideas and views. sometimes I had to re-design the whole thing.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
low salary
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 2, 2017
Faculty is friendly and helpful. I am given the freedom to teach my class how I see fit. The students work hard and have a great attitude.
Ecu
President/Chair (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 24, 2017
First leadership role while I was a college student- fulfilled a passion to lead people- provided opportunities to create and succeed in project organizations
Productive and fun work place
STEM-Corps East Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work and I would recommend anyone in the eastern Carolina's to consider them for employment. The have great benefits and will get all state holiday's off.
East Carolina
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 3, 2017
This university is the best. The people who work for it all care about one another. I worked in a research lab that was competitive for vying for funding. Typical days included DNA experiments, mainly PCR and other gel assays.
Overall good
Customer Service/Cook/Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 1, 2017
Good experience. I have learned a lot within the company. Friendly atmosphere. I enjoy what I do but want to seek a better career.
Great Place to Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 6, 2016
This place allows you to learn the behind the scenes procedures in order for the safety of the campus to be maintained. This job has networking ability and is a lot of fun. It was an awesome experience working here.
It's a good place to work.
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 3, 2016
The work day is stressful, we work very short staffed all the time. More duties are added on with no additional help. Front line staff are blamed for all errors.
Pros
State benifit
Cons
Don't give pay increases to staff. Benefits are all for the medical providers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Carolina University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4