East Carolina University

East Carolina University Employer Reviews

ECU is a very good place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 2, 2012
Very productive and efficient workplace in the university setting of a medical college. I always nice and efficient co-workers to work with, and in fact to today, I still have a friend who was my co-worker on my first job at East Carolina University. The management at all my jobs at ECU was very efficient and accurate. I learned extensively the medical – more... transcription field and also secretarial skills and also a very good knowledge of medical terminology. My most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with nice people at a job and a safe and good environment to work in. – less
Productive and comfortable workplace
Senior Military Instructor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 17, 2012
Currently I am working for East Carolina University and it is very productive. Due to me developing young minds to become future leaders in our military. I have to manage over 120 Cadets and ensure that they are in compliance with military regulations. Hardest part of my job is to tell a Cadet that this profession is not for them and help them find – more... a different profession. The most enjoyable part of my job is to build the minds of young people to become strong leaders. – less
Productive and fun environment to work. Great place for networking as both a undergrad and graduate student.
o Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 5, 2012
A typical day as a computer lab assistant includes simple tasks such as monitoring printer usage, emptying recycle bins and refilling paper. Customer service is also an extremely important.
Great environment for learning and productivity
Editor-in-Chief, The East Carolinian (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 1, 2012
Pros: wonderful learning environment, meaningful work, great experience
Cons: difficult environment for promotion, long working hours, no benefits
Writing stories, interviewing faculty and staff, managing a small staff, editing newspaper layout, making design and photography choices and managing administrative tasks -- such as payroll -- were all a part of my daily activities as the Editor in Chief of The East Carolinian newspaper at East Carolina University.
Easy-going workplace with low pay and big responsibilities
Student Computing Technology Lab Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 13, 2012
Pros: lenient schedule, fun co-workers, learning experience, troubleshooting often
Cons: no benefits, no full-time opportunities
During my time as a student worker in the IT department at ECU I learned quite a bit about supporting remote systems. My co-workers are easy-going and can pick up the slack when needed. Printer support is the most difficult and frustrating part of my job. I really enjoy creating sysprepped images and working with Microsoft products. I also enjoy using – more... remote management software such as Symantec Management 7.1 to help make the job easier. – less
Interesting workplace
Student Employee (Usher/ Computer Lab Assistant) (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 11, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules and understanding supervisors
This workplace gave plenty job opportunities and taught students the value of each paycheck.
Volunteer and Service-Learning Center at East Carolina Univ
AmeriCorps VISTA (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJune 30, 2012
As an AmeriCorps VISTA I felt that my position was very misunderstood by the higher ups, but those directly working with me were awesome. The VSLC went through A LOT of transition during ym VISTA year, which caused a good deal of stress. There are many things I learned from this position, too many to write about.
Researching.
Research Assistant in Toxicology Research Lab (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 18, 2012
As a research assistant I would prepare plates for growth of C. elegans. Synchronization of the C. elegans would provide the eggs where I would isolate an organism and watch its developmental mode based on its locomotion which was observed under a dissecting microscope, and if there was any abnormalities they were recorded.
Private Tutor
Academic Tutor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 30, 2012
Worked closely with individuals with the purpose to further there knowledge and use of the subject at hand. Provided feedback on written work and instructed my peer as to why they should make the changes.
Wonderful place to work with wonderful people
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), IronsMay 5, 2012
This is a great place to work. My only low rating was due to it being a temporary position.
Enjoyable place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 30, 2012
Being available to help out the Professor in the department.
Learned basic laboratory skills that is useful in any research lab.
Research Lab technician (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 30, 2012
Pros: used modern lab equipment, learned sterile and modern lab techniques
Cons: would like to spend more time on pcr, and more time on an individual project.
Utilized sterile, anaerobic, high pH techniques for culturing
Analyzed samples through DNA, PCR and electrophoresis
Organized and prepared removal of biohazard waste
Prepared agar solutions and plates with different conditions
Maintained upkeep of laboratory solutions and documents
Simple Work Study, chance to help train
Weight Room Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, ncMarch 25, 2012
Pros: easy work
Cons: can get boring
If you have some experience in weight training and enjoy it. This place is for you.
Awesome Employer
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 22, 2012
ECU takes into consideration that you are a student. They are very consistent, and are a leader in customer service.
Prestigous school, with professors who care.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 21, 2012
My graduate experience was rigorous but I had help from good professors at ECU.
Very fun place to work
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 12, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: state employees, in the state of nc haven't had a raise in years.
ECU, is great! The staff here is wonderful, they are always concerned about your professional development, and growth.
Fun workplace
Sports Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 1, 2012
Pros: free admittance to sporting events
Cons: not a lot of hours
The sports marketing department at East Carolina University is a great place for a student to work and to gain experience in the sports marketing field.
Very helpful atmosphere.
Event Planning Coordinator (Current Employee), Greenville, N.C.March 1, 2012
Co workers are very helpful and are willing to answer any questions you may have about the University. If they do not know the answer they will direct you to someone who knows the answer.
good experience
Event Programmer (Former Employee), Greenville, BCFebruary 19, 2014
Enjoyed working with classmates on a fun project. Long process in putting together the trail of terror but it was a huge success with a sell out crowd on halloween night.
Nice and quiet work environment with very respectful people
Business Analyst/IT Intern (Current Employee), ITCS (IT Department)November 1, 2013
My experience as a student worker at ITCS has been a tremendous help. I am able to articulate my skills learned in school in a more professional manner since having this job experience. I've also had the opportunity to shadow some of my coworkers and see what is that they do on a daily basis.

About East Carolina University

East Carolina University (ECU) offers more than 100 undergraduate programs and about 75 graduate, 15 doctoral, and four specialist – Read more

East Carolina University Photos