East Carolina University

East Carolina University Employee Reviews

Overall, ECU is great place to work.
Administrative Support Associate- Advanced (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 1, 2015
A typical day for me varies depending on the time of the year. There are always certain tasks that you have daily, but there are some that only done during interview season. I have learned a lot of things about the healthcare system in general since I have been in this position. The most valuable thing is to see the new fellows develop and bloom in knowledge in their second year.
Great atmosphere
Office Assistant II/IV (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 14, 2013
I love ECU because its cultural, I would go back to ECU, it was a great place to work. I loved the interaction with the professor some of them were great and others well if you take them with a grain of salt they don't bother you. Great place, I wish I had quit, its one of the hardest places to get on, but once as you are in you can advance and go where ever you wish.
Pros
culture and community events
Great!
Student Involvement & Leadership (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 13, 2015
Meeting some amazing people and creating connection with school officials. The not so enjoyable part about it was when the allotted hours that we could work went from 38 to 25. That was a drastic change, but us being adaptive students, made it work.
I like ECU
Student tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 7, 2015
East Carolina University is an excellent place. It offers a great educational program and the people are excellent. I enjoyed being there.

You can meet many different types of people there.
Good working environment
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 15, 2014
East Carolina University is a good place to work. Hours are reasonable, the benefits are good, and the employees have been easy to get along with for the most part. The salary and the lack of opportunities to advance leave a little to be desired though.
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 21, 2013
East Carolina University is a great place to work. Some departments are better to work for than others. Working on campus is the way to go. Overall, it's a great place to work.
Pros
Adjusted work schedule
Cons
No room for advancement in some departments
enjoyable workplace
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Scheduling patients and coordinating surgeries. My day consists of data entry and customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new skills.
Pros
work with team players
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Fun and friendly work environment with great flexibility
Student Technology Analyst, ITCS (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 5, 2014
I truly enjoyed being a part of the ITCS team and was amazed by the friendliness of management and colleagues.
Good clinical student experience
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 22, 2015
The staff were more than willing to teach the basic skills about the medical assisting career. I would recommend this location to other medical assisting students.
Great place to work!
Teacher Quality Partnership Grant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 10, 2014
The hardest part of the job was pleasing everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students. The university environment is fast paced and exciting.
Benefits
Cons
Productive and great place to work
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 11, 2014
You never know what to expect when going into work. It keeps you alert and helps you sharpen your job specific skills throughout a typical work day. The management is great and easy to work with. Overall, it is just a great place to work.
Review
Graduate Assistant Life Time (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 1, 2015
• Instruct of multiple one-hour class sessions to teach students on the variables related to fitness, physical fitness, diet, weight control, degenerative diseases, physiological effects of exercise, and significance of motor skills development.
• Create assignments and activity lessons ensuring students understood the core mission and key principles of the class.
• Grade and monitor overall success of students, along with constant contact via email and office hour meeting arrangements.
First post Graduate position filled with exciting challanges that proved invaluable to professional growth
Staff Specialist, Career Services Department (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 8, 2014
Best professional experience to date. I had such great support by direct supervisor, co workers and students. I chaired several committees and took part in staff recruitment. My plate was truly full. Managing a student staff, working with colleagues in developing programs for students which supported the academic mission of the university kept me on my toes.
Pros
Leading committees, representing the university at various recruiment venues
Cons
extreme long hong hours
I love it here.
Admin Support Specialist-Assistant to Registrar (Current Employee) –  Registrar's OfficeFebruary 27, 2013
Wonderful people, wonderful place, great core values and great benefits.
Professional and fun place to work.
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 3, 2015
East Carolina University is an exceptional four year institution. It was a great experience working for a large institution with so much history and pride. Everyone enjoyed the school and promoted the institution. I enjoyed helping students the most. The hardest part of the job was telling a student they were not admissible to the college.
Pros
Large Public Institution
Great job to have while in Graduate School
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 20, 2015
Being a Graduate Assistant is a wonderful opportunity for students in a graduate program. Presents unique and wonderful opportunities to get to know professors, and stay involved in the program.
Pros
Low stress, salaried
Productive and enriching place to work
Intern at Family Works Psychological Center (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 4, 2013
moderately paced work environment; family oriented; management staff is friendly; most enjoyable part of job is seeing the difference you make in the clients' lives
Wonderful
Environmental Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 12, 2013
I enjoyed working for this church because the management, the scheduling, and the pay were great. I loved all the people I worked with there.
Excellent place to work!
Technology & Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 16, 2013
Excellent place to work, great benefits, and wonderful people.
state job
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  greenville ncFebruary 2, 2015
This was the worst job I ever had! As a state job you do have security but thats about the only good thing here. Dept of Comparative Med needs better management!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Carolina University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5