East Carolina University

East Carolina University Employee Reviews

It is what it is.
EPA (Former Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 11, 2013
Difficult place to work if you are not a faculty member. Co-workers are not very motivated. ECU has tons of potential but a change of the guard may be in order before any of it will ever be reached.
Typical work day
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 28, 2013
Pros: taught me leadership, responsiblity and ownership.
Although this job was only two weeks, i had the opportunity of acting as a Program Assistant. Did a lot of planning and and preparing for the high school and middle school attendants tha participated. I was also able to serve as a resident assistant.
Prestigious research university
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 15, 2013
There is a strong research and innovation atmosphere. Professors are very professional and responsible, same as students.
Instructor/Tutor
Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 6, 2013
My graduate assistantships were designed to adjust me into teaching and tutoring students.
Generally a good place to work
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 2, 2013
If you can tolerate the rather empty town and solitary location, it is okay.
Great job for an active college student!
East Carolina Information Technology Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 31, 2013
Pros: work around your schedule, decent pay, allow you to work on school work if work load is light
Cons: hard to get hired in some jobs due to popularity
As a full-time college student, finding a job that can work around your schedule is extremely difficult. Luckily, ECU takes care of that with their own student job positions. They pay well, help you with skills pertaining to your major, and work around with your schedule.
ECU - State Employees in General
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 26, 2013
Pros: longevity
Cons: no raise for 6 yrs
hardest part of the job - not being appreciated or compensated for the work done.
Supervisor was difficult to work with.
Online Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Virtual and on campusJuly 26, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not a good workplace.
My teaching site, online, was not given to me for 2 weeks after I began to work. Many of the students were not well-prepared or respectful and the supervisors were not helpful.
Patient Due
Manager- Jennifer Sugg (Former Employee), North CarolinaJuly 24, 2013
Pros: pay and people
Cons: too far from my daughter at the time
Help submit claims with information needed to get them processed in a timely manner. Make pre-collection phone calls. Set up arrangements.
Productive and enriching place to work
Intern at Family Works Psychological Center (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJune 4, 2013
moderately paced work environment; family oriented; management staff is friendly; most enjoyable part of job is seeing the difference you make in the clients' lives
Good place for non-career jobs
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 2, 2013
People are down to earth, work hard, and work together. Great place to start my job work history
No Comment
Safe Ride Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 28, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Contact East Carolina University Student Transit Authority for information regarding work environment.
Fun school to attend
Lab assistant and Mcdonalds (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, clubs and church.
Cons: the parties.
A typical day at work was easy and calm. The professor made a list of what needed to be done, and it was done by the employee each day.
I learned lab skills and my co-workers was nice. Their was no hard parts to the job, and I enjoyed worker with others as well as myself.
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 21, 2013
Pros: adjusted work schedule
Cons: no room for advancement in some departments
East Carolina University is a great place to work. Some departments are better to work for than others. Working on campus is the way to go. Overall, it's a great place to work.
Productive place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 8, 2013
Pros: intelligent co-workers
Cons: short breaks
It was a nice and friendly place to work as a teaching assistant.
Nice job to compliment a full time college student
Barrista/ Cashier (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 30, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: restocking products via cart from way across campus at late night
A typical day consisted of selling coffee drinks, smoothies, and coffee cakes. At the end of the shift I was required to restock cakes, drink mixes, and take money across campus. I learned how to close out the cash register appropriately. Management were understanding and stuck to the rules. My co-workers were my age and mostly college students also. the hardest part of the job was restocking because the carts were heavy most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was its location and very convieniant for students to come by and visit.
Fun and learning-friendly work place
Teaching assistant /Research assistant (Current Employee), North Carolina GreenvilleMarch 20, 2013
My job is to proctor exams, help grading the exams, post them online ASAP, tutoring students and help with research. I learned how to interact with people and talk in front of a crowd in my teaching assistant job. My research related job however taught me something entirely different. I was lucky to be a part of a project that I learned how a topic of a project is determined, how to do the background research and literature review. Every Tuesday I need to present a summary of reference papers. After several months I found that I'm getting more confident when giving presentations and less nervous. The hardest part of my job comes with the lack of research experience that sometimes I need to go over the work again which later became the funniest part of the job. Every time when reading the materials again or summarizing it I realized something I missed and then they became something new I learned. Through the discussion and guidance of the professor, I came to be more cautious when exposed with abundant information and more open-minded to understand different perspectives and sides to look at things.
Fun and free place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 14, 2013
I liked my job as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, my work load while working for my Master's was very difficult, but I enjoyed teaching several hundred students as meeting life long friends.
Wonderful GPR program
PGY-1 Resident (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 7, 2013
Exposure to treating medically complex patients, clearing patients for radiation, kidney and liver transplants, removable and fixed prosthodontics, endodontics, oral surgery, and treating pediatric patients.
Great job and institution
Teaching Instructor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 5, 2013
Working with students on a daily basis is invaluable. You work hard, but you also get to play hard.

About East Carolina University

East Carolina University (ECU) offers more than 100 undergraduate programs and about 75 graduate, 15 doctoral, and four specialist – Read more

East Carolina University Salaries

$15,000 per year

East Carolina University Photos

610 Minges !
Night Bus
Team that I prepared for a competition between 40 schools in my Brigade.