East Central University Employee Reviews

Working on campus while going to school.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Ada, OK 74820April 14, 2017
Being a student while working on campus has its pros and cons vs. being a student and working off campus. The school is a little more understanding about classes when you work on campus. Unfortunately you don't get paid as much and I was working as a groundskeeper which means I made less money but I had fun.
Writing Center Tutor
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKFebruary 27, 2017
I tutored during college as part of the work study program. It was great to get my feet wet in the academic field and taught me how much I really do enjoy learning new things and observing different learning styles in person. It was important to be able to match appropriate methods with individual needs in order to help my clients succeed.
It was a great experience to be able to be apart of something bigger than myself
Student (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKFebruary 4, 2017
I attended four years at this wonderful university and now im trying to pursue further with my degree. I am also willing to go back to this university if need be and would succeed in doing so.
Great co-workers, just hard to advance
Setup Crew Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKJanuary 18, 2017
It's a great place to work, the people are friendly, your supervisors work with you on getting time off. It's just hard to move up.
Pros
Lots of breaks. You are off when the school is closed.
Cons
Difficult to advance.
Computer Lab Assistant
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ada, OK 74820December 20, 2016
I enjoyed working there. I reset passwords, troubleshooting malfunctions of hardware and/or software, help entry level students understand C programming and assist with debugging, and maintain the lab clean
Wonderful place to work, with a great boss and great students.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  OnlineDecember 20, 2016
At ECU, I thought an online class in World Regional Geography.I had a great boss and outstanding students. When I just started working for ECU, my boss made it a duty to show me the ropes (it was the first time I taught an online class). It was fun teaching a group of students that were eager to learn.
Great opportunity for work study jobs
Writing Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ada, OkDecember 12, 2016
I got a lot of experience in the field that I am entering. They worked well with my schedule also. Depending on the field you are entering upon graduation, ECU offers many work study positions.
school environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKMay 31, 2016
Great people. peaceful environment. work can be done on your own speed. management was excellent. everyone would complete their job on time.
cool place.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKFebruary 18, 2016
I enjoyed working at ECU. They provide a lot of job opportunities, and I've appreciated having the opportunity to work several of these jobs as a student at ECU.
Awesome College, Awesome place to work
cheerleading coach (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKNovember 4, 2015
I had so much fun working here. I coached as a side job and went to college as well. Fun work place with a supportive AD and staff. I made my own schedule and held practices when I wanted. Loved it here.
Pros
fun
Awesome atmosphere
OFFICER MANAGER/SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 9, 2015
Loved the housing department. Enjoyed seeing the many students. The days and holidays off were a plus. Great campus to be a part of and represent.
Fun Workplace
Sports Information Director (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKApril 22, 2015
Lots of great students, teachers and staff members at this place. Can be a great higher education and community support.
Global Education Enviroment
Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKSeptember 6, 2014
Each day in the Global Education Office was something new, and there was always a challenge. My co-workers were what kept me sane half the time, but sometimes they did not do their job to our supervisors satisfaction and I had to take the fall.
Pros
Campus closed on the weekends
Cons
A high matenance supervisor
Low pay
Veterans Education Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 30, 2014
Unreal job goals are ex[ected of most of the employees. There is an underlying objective at this University that promotes ending empoyees jobs in order to promote supervisors own agenda.
Pros
steady low pay, small retirement amounts, get alot of non paying extra work time on the weekends.
Cons
Constant reviews and backstabbing by other employees.
great program
Student (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJune 18, 2014
east central university is an outstanding school with excellent standards.
one of few schools in the country that has an accredited environmental health science program
Pros
knowledgeable professors
Cons
tuition fees
Great people, not great compensation.
Landscape design (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKMay 29, 2014
This was a great place to work. I liked the people and the environment. I liked the work also, but it just didn't pay well.
College Basketball
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bray, OKApril 24, 2014
Played Basketball for ECU and had a great time. Learned lots of information about basketball and life.
Chance to get to know and help others.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKApril 9, 2014
Responsibility of being on-call to let residents back into their rooms if locked out, make friendships, be a role model, planning and promoting events, providing customer service, and rule enforcer. Learning how to interact with others and provide customer service. I worked with 9 other resident assistants (R.A.) in my dorm. A schedule was made for working the lobby desk at different dorms around campus. The desk shifts were 3 hours each and involved helping residents with lock outs and address ping pong paddles and other gaming equipment to residents. Another schedule was made for being on-call. Each R.A. had the same amount of nights being on-call. On-call shifts involved holding a phone in case any emergencies were called in from residents, doing nightly rounds, hanging up flyers, dorm security, and customer service. This job was fairly easy and was enjoyable. I got to meet new people and surround myself with a diversity of students that I got to interact with.
Pros
Free dorm room, monthly salary
Cons
Rule enforcer, trouble making residents
Gained valuable experience in dealing with lab equipment and lab environment.
lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Ada , OklahomaSeptember 8, 2013
My typical day at work was about setting the lab environment and equipment before the next lab period. My duties included making slides of animal tissues for class observation, documenting and managing lab term papers, maintaining a clean lab environment, safe handling of microscope and making sure that all the equipment were in reach for use of lab students. As I made the slides of the specimen to demonstrate in the lab, I gained valuable experience of working in lab environment. I used to work under the guidance of my professor. I really did not have any hard time since I had a supervisor who was always willing to help and every part of my job was enjoyable.
Great for College
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 22, 2013
Got payed to study and do homework. It was awesome. Really helped with grades

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Central University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4