East Central University Employee Reviews

Awesome atmosphere
OFFICER MANAGER/SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 9, 2015
Loved the housing department. Enjoyed seeing the many students. The days and holidays off were a plus. Great campus to be a part of and represent.
Fun Workplace
Sports Information Director (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKApril 22, 2015
Lots of great students, teachers and staff members at this place. Can be a great higher education and community support.
Global Education Enviroment
Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKSeptember 6, 2014
Each day in the Global Education Office was something new, and there was always a challenge. My co-workers were what kept me sane half the time, but sometimes they did not do their job to our supervisors satisfaction and I had to take the fall.
Pros
campus closed on the weekends
Cons
a high matenance supervisor
Low pay
Veterans Education Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 30, 2014
Unreal job goals are ex[ected of most of the employees. There is an underlying objective at this University that promotes ending empoyees jobs in order to promote supervisors own agenda.
Pros
steady low pay, small retirement amounts, get alot of non paying extra work time on the weekends.
Cons
constant reviews and backstabbing by other employees.
great program
Student (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJune 18, 2014
east central university is an outstanding school with excellent standards.
one of few schools in the country that has an accredited environmental health science program
Pros
knowledgeable professors
Cons
tuition fees
Great people, not great compensation.
Landscape design (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKMay 29, 2014
This was a great place to work. I liked the people and the environment. I liked the work also, but it just didn't pay well.
College Basketball
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bray, OKApril 24, 2014
Played Basketball for ECU and had a great time. Learned lots of information about basketball and life.
Chance to get to know and help others.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKApril 9, 2014
Responsibility of being on-call to let residents back into their rooms if locked out, make friendships, be a role model, planning and promoting events, providing customer service, and rule enforcer. Learning how to interact with others and provide customer service. I worked with 9 other resident assistants (R.A.) in my dorm. A schedule was made for working the lobby desk at different dorms around campus. The desk shifts were 3 hours each and involved helping residents with lock outs and address ping pong paddles and other gaming equipment to residents. Another schedule was made for being on-call. Each R.A. had the same amount of nights being on-call. On-call shifts involved holding a phone in case any emergencies were called in from residents, doing nightly rounds, hanging up flyers, dorm security, and customer service. This job was fairly easy and was enjoyable. I got to meet new people and surround myself with a diversity of students that I got to interact with.
Pros
free dorm room, monthly salary
Cons
rule enforcer, trouble making residents
Gained valuable experience in dealing with lab equipment and lab environment.
lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Ada , OklahomaSeptember 8, 2013
My typical day at work was about setting the lab environment and equipment before the next lab period. My duties included making slides of animal tissues for class observation, documenting and managing lab term papers, maintaining a clean lab environment, safe handling of microscope and making sure that all the equipment were in reach for use of lab students. As I made the slides of the specimen to demonstrate in the lab, I gained valuable experience of working in lab environment. I used to work under the guidance of my professor. I really did not have any hard time since I had a supervisor who was always willing to help and every part of my job was enjoyable.
Great for College
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 22, 2013
Got payed to study and do homework. It was awesome. Really helped with grades
Work Environment was good and love to work there.
Technical Support (Student Worker) (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJune 15, 2013
I learned Time management and lots of different management system.
Pros
good environment
Cons
parttime job
Meaningful, fulfilling & engaging
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKMarch 28, 2013
For any person wanting to serve the community, the R A job is fulfilling. It provides you the opportunity to interact with people, mediate & provide meaningful solutions, in return it help student to appreciate the purpose of being in school.
The hardest part of my job will be when I looked straight in the eye of a friend and told her I was sorry, she went against the dorm policies, I have no choice but to write her up. I take my job very serious .
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
almost a 24 hr work even when i was in classes
Good entry in to working at higher education
Director of Human Resources and Diversity (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJuly 25, 2012
This was a very different job than I had ever had. The pace to get things accomplished seemed very slow and required that many people become involved. The employees were wonderful, helpful, and student-oriented. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with employees, faculty and students.
Pros
a great deal of time off.
Cons
progress was slow.
Higher Education
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJuly 14, 2012
This was a wonderful experience. During the seven years I taught, I came to find that teaching adults is truly my passion. I only taught once a week for three hours in the evening. This was in additional to my full-time employment.
Working as a Lab assistant
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  AdaMarch 7, 2012
The job is quite fun. You get to help a lot of people with their homework. Also, you get to solve any technical issues that com up in the lab.