East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. is a leading orthotic and prosthetic provider serving New York since 1997. The largest privately-owned O & P company in the NY metropolitan area, East Coast O & P is expanding and is seeking a skilled, highly-motivated medical billing specialist to work in a team setting. The position is Full Time and located in our Buffalo main office.
The Medical Billing Specialist must have knowledge of all health care billing procedures. Past experience must include authorizations, insurance verification, billing codes, modifiers, clearing houses, research of denials, re-bills, follow-up and posting payments. Computer proficiency required. Past experience using Fastrack software a plus.
Strong communication skills and experience with working will all medical billing is essential.
Three years experience and an Associates degree is preferred, as well as someone who is bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
Must be extremely organized, highly motivated self-starter with excellent attention to detail.
- Previous Medical Billing for Managed Care companies essential.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, ability to work independently.
- Able to prioritize, organize, trouble-shoot, and problem solve.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of customer service principles and practices.
- Past experience using Fastrack software a plus.
East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. offers:
- Competitive pay (based on experience)
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans available
- AFLAC and Allstate Plans available
- 401K Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holidays
For more information on our company, please visit www.ec-op.com.