East Georgia Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Wish I never worked there
RN (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 12, 2017
The staff and nurse are extremely over worked. Management is poor and has no ideal of how to help. Staff to nurse ratio is the highest in the state, poor benefits
No hours and not enough pay!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 30, 2017
I clean up and make sure patients room are cleaned! I work day shift and that is a pro, but not making enough hours is a con! I can't pay my bills and don't get enough hours! I get along with managers and employees and do the job I am hired to do! Sometimes I may have to clean a floor by myself and that's a little hard, but I get it done and don't complain! I enjoy the patients especially if they are nice and I see a lot of people working at East Georgia! I need more hours and better pay is the problem, my family has grown and I just can't make it off of this salary! I would love to be able to relax and not worry about everything!
Pros
breaks
Cons
pay
management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 25, 2017
Overworked you. Didn't give lunch breaks as indicated when hired. Too many times put on swing shift during the week. Parts of the crew did not try to like me.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Work atmosphere was terrible
Awful
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 7, 2017
This was was an understaffed hospital. The staff were always overworked and downright hostile. I would compare it to working in a war zone except in a war zone the people you work with watch your back. This place the staff are more likely to stab you in the back.
Caring and passionate work environment
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 17, 2017
I worked with highly skilled nurses and doctors, that had a passion for people and helping others. Patient care always came first.
Pros
strong staff
Cons
short breaks
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 18, 2016
This is a family oriented place and its a very productive place to work. Great benefit packages. Great environment. Lunch plan.
Pros
Lunch Plan
Cons
Low pay
Don't work here
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Staesboro, GAJune 30, 2016
I am a team leader at a fast paced hospital. I applied for a job in Radiology in early 2016, trying to get closer to my family in Georgia. I came down for an official interview in May 2016 on my own expense. The person who interviewed me wasn't a manager, and had absolutely no idea what I do for my job. The Radiology Director wasn't there to interview me, although she contacted me a week or so later.

I was told at this point the interview went well. The staff thought it went well, the Radiologists thought it went well, and she wanted to know what my salary requests might be. We talked about it for a few minutes, she told me I brought a lot to the table with my experience, and work history, everything sounded good. She said she wanted to get in touch with HR, and see if we could agree on a rate for the position.

I never heard back, I called a week later, she did not respond. I called again the next Friday, no response. I then called the HR department who seemed to have absolutely no idea why this happened. Apparently the communication there is aweful.

I told HR to remove my submission for the position, I told them it was unprofessional, they could have called me and said they couldn't come close to meeting my finacial need, or simply that I was no longer a candidate for the position, I would have accepted that. They should have extended the same courtesy to me as I did to them.

If this is any inclination as to the communication at this hospital as an employee, I don't think anyone would want to work there.
Pros
Cons
Horrible managment
Learn alot but ratio can be overwhelming
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 16, 2016
I appreciated my job at East Ga regional medical center because I learned a lot straight out of nursing school. Most of the nurses were kind and willing to teach. I loved working with patients but the downfall was that we would have too many patient for one nurse. I did not feel like I was doing a sufficient job with too many patients.
NURSE TECH (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 2, 2015
This is a great place to work. I have a busy day and learn a lot on a day to day bases. I enjoy learning new things. This job will keep you busy and it do require you to have great time management. Although you do the same duties everyday...it changes because you have to do them a different time but it should be done by the end of you shift.
Pros
Learning job/ Requires time management
Cons
Miss breaks
loved experimenting on different recipes
Cook/Pot washer (Former Employee) –  Statesboro,GAJanuary 20, 2015
An average work day would be coming in during the lunch rush depending on what day it is and what they are serving. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment when it comes to working in a restaurant and with customer service and making sure the customer is satisfied. Truthfully the management sucked. I was harassed at this job but I stuck through it until I found me another one. The co-workers were loving and caring people. It was never a dull moment when I came to work. The hardest part of the job would be lunch rush and the cooks didn't prep the night before, which means customers will have to wait longer for their food. I enjoyed the compliments on my dishes that I use to prepare. It pleased me to see a smile on someone else face.

Want to know more about East Georgia Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Love the Enviroment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 30, 2014
I loved working at this place. I love my Patients and all there families that i seen day in and night. Even tho sometimes we was short staffed i love every monent of working here.
okay place to work
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GaAugust 16, 2014
learned multi tasking
customer service skills
insurance interpretation
work with all different personalities
fast paced environment
Good Place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 29, 2014
EGRMC is a fast paced and fun environment to work in. It is challenging some days due to the amount of patients that you may see in a day but for me it was enjoyable. EGRMC has a passion for quality patient care and is open to opinions on improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfaction in knowing that you are helping someone everyday.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
working holidays
Productive fun workplace
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 26, 2014
I enjoyed learning so much in the ER and working with the physicians
Hard job, and not for those who are used to a slow pace.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 15, 2014
Nurse to patient ratio can range from 4-7 patients. I worked on the Telemetry unit but each nurse rotated turns floating to other units when needed. The telemetry floor manager was great to work with and for. My co-workers were really good to work with, as busy and crazy things got, it was my co-workers that made working at the hospital worth the busy craziness that was a daily occurrence.
The hardest part of my job was of course trying to care for and teach patients who refused to be compliant with their care after leaving the hospital. The most enjoyable part was helping to make people feel better during their stay and to know that I helped to make a difference in showing that there are caring and compassionate people that want to be a part of their healthcare.
Pros
the help I received from my co-workers and manager
Cons
no consistency in keeping the nurse to patient ratio lower than 6 patients per nurse.
teamwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 7, 2014
This hospital makes an effort to improve working conditions. During my employment there was an increase in employee morale due to push for teamwork. My co-workers were awesome in knowledge, skills, and productivity. I learned a lot from dealing with patients of multiple diagnosis and treatments.
Pros
coworkers passion for patient care
Cons
salary
Was a great experience
Administrative Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 19, 2014
Developed excellent costumer service skills by accommodating patient populace and ultimately insuring quality satisfaction.

Gained exposure to strategic hospital operations through departmental rotations.

Prepared Capital Expenditure Requests.
Financially productive with rewarding benefits
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GA.February 2, 2014
On a typical day at work I begin running my daily reports. There I verify to see which patients I must conduct room visits to. I verify insurance to check their hospital inpatient and outpatient benefits along with deductibles, copays, out-of-pocket amounts and any co-insurance they might have. I run credit reports on each patient I must see to verify if they have any available and open credit to be used when conducting their financial responsibilities for their visit. Once all reports are run, I then conduct my room visits based on each floor. Once verified with the patients their demographics: name, dob, ssn, address, employer and current insurance, I then go over their insurance coverage and see how I may assist them with some financial assistance. Some patients are able to afford their deductibles, out-of-pockets, and or co-insurances and some are not. Those patients that cannot afford to make payment that day, I screen them for cobra benefits & our charities. Along with verifying to see what the in-house Medicaid office has assist them with.
The hardest part of the job is requesting payment from a patient who is in the hospital sick but at the same time this is the most rewarding part of my job too. I am not only collecting payments but also able to assist some of the patients with financial assistance through our charities.
Pros
Patients are a diversed group which allows me to retrieve insight into others lives
Cons
Being in a position to put a finanical burden on someone.
*****
Patient Account Rep/Collector (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 25, 2013
Great working environment
Several years experience learned
Great team envionment
Pros
Great Working Environment
Cons
Dept was laid off
HMA owned Facility
OB Unit Clerk/ OB Tech (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 4, 2013
Best Job I ever had! Awesome working environment and people are great! Five star all the way!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Georgia Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

East Georgia Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location