East Georgia Regional Medical Center

East Georgia Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Good Place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: never boring
Cons: working holidays
EGRMC is a fast paced and fun environment to work in. It is challenging some days due to the amount of patients that you may see in a day but for me it was enjoyable. EGRMC has a passion for quality patient care and is open to opinions on improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfaction in knowing that you are helping someone everyday.
Productive fun workplace
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 26, 2014
I enjoyed learning so much in the ER and working with the physicians
Hard job, and not for those who are used to a slow pace.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 15, 2014
Pros: the help i received from my co-workers and manager
Cons: no consistency in keeping the nurse to patient ratio lower than 6 patients per nurse.
Nurse to patient ratio can range from 4-7 patients. I worked on the Telemetry unit but each nurse rotated turns floating to other units when needed. The telemetry floor manager was great to work with and for. My co-workers were really good to work with, as busy and crazy things got, it was my co-workers that made working at the hospital worth the busy – more... craziness that was a daily occurrence.
The hardest part of my job was of course trying to care for and teach patients who refused to be compliant with their care after leaving the hospital. The most enjoyable part was helping to make people feel better during their stay and to know that I helped to make a difference in showing that there are caring and compassionate people that want to be a part of their healthcare. – less
teamwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 7, 2014
Pros: coworkers passion for patient care
Cons: salary
This hospital makes an effort to improve working conditions. During my employment there was an increase in employee morale due to push for teamwork. My co-workers were awesome in knowledge, skills, and productivity. I learned a lot from dealing with patients of multiple diagnosis and treatments.
teamwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 7, 2014
Pros: coworkers passion for patient care
Cons: salary
Was a great experience
Administrative Volunteer (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 19, 2014
Developed excellent costumer service skills by accommodating patient populace and ultimately insuring quality satisfaction.

Gained exposure to strategic hospital operations through departmental rotations.

Prepared Capital Expenditure Requests.
Financially productive with rewarding benefits
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Statesboro, GA.February 2, 2014
Pros: patients are a diversed group which allows me to retrieve insight into others lives
Cons: being in a position to put a finanical burden on someone.
On a typical day at work I begin running my daily reports. There I verify to see which patients I must conduct room visits to. I verify insurance to check their hospital inpatient and outpatient benefits along with deductibles, copays, out-of-pocket amounts and any co-insurance they might have. I run credit reports on each patient I must see to verify – more... if they have any available and open credit to be used when conducting their financial responsibilities for their visit. Once all reports are run, I then conduct my room visits based on each floor. Once verified with the patients their demographics: name, dob, ssn, address, employer and current insurance, I then go over their insurance coverage and see how I may assist them with some financial assistance. Some patients are able to afford their deductibles, out-of-pockets, and or co-insurances and some are not. Those patients that cannot afford to make payment that day, I screen them for cobra benefits & our charities. Along with verifying to see what the in-house Medicaid office has assist them with.
The hardest part of the job is requesting payment from a patient who is in the hospital sick but at the same time this is the most rewarding part of my job too. I am not only collecting payments but also able to assist some of the patients with financial assistance through our charities. – less
*****
Patient Account Rep/Collector (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: great working environment
Cons: dept was laid off
Great working environment
Several years experience learned
Great team envionment
HMA owned Facility
OB Unit Clerk/ OB Tech (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 4, 2013
Best Job I ever had! Awesome working environment and people are great! Five star all the way!
enjoyed my time there
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GASeptember 27, 2013
While I enjoyed my time at East Georgia it was only a job to get me through school
working at east ga
nurse (Former Employee), statesboroMarch 15, 2013
Pros: great co-wokers
Cons: little pay, very very very hard work, constantly rushed, can not properly perform your job as you should, and only lunch, no time for a break, nurse- patient ratio terrible causing lack of proper patient care, and terrible management that does not seem to really care if employees are satisfied at all!!!
people are super friendly and great to work with. the best!!!! you feel you are all family.... love working there really...
Productive and hospitality workplace
EnvironmeServices Technician (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: proper cleaning
Cons: short to no breaks, work long hours for little pay, etc.
This is a great place to help ensure that patients have a clean environment.
Great place to volunteer with friendly people
Public Relations Volunteer (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day consisted of answering phone calls made to the outpatient surgery desk and checking in patients who were waiting for outpatient surgery.
A good place to work
Receiving and Distribution Tech (Current Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 5, 2012
Ths is a good place to work.I enjoy working and meeting new people.
Great group of people to work with.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAAugust 18, 2012
People of Statesboro are very friendly. This hospital is always growing and trying to expand. It is a nice place to work and hospital staff take great care of their patients.
Hospital Life
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 27, 2012
Pros: bonuses for doing your job right
I worked at the hospital for only a few short months. However, while I was there I worked primarily in the ER registration. I would have to go in to the ER to have the patients fill out paper work. The hardest part was how we had to handle the lost of a patient. We would still have to have the family fill out paperwork when they had just lost their – more... loved one. I cried the only time I had to do it. – less
great place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 8, 2012
Patient care is number one at this company each department and everyteam member of this facilty is here willing to take all patient care.