East Houston Regional Medical Center

East Houston Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Friendly Environment
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
This environment help nurture me into my career and I love it.
Staff is great and knowledgeable, first tier supervisors however need to be reassesed for ther knowledge and skills.
Registrar (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 16, 2014
Cons: workload unrealistic, and time expectancy were unrealistic
• Patient Registration
• Admissions
• Collections – ER Copays
• HIPPA Compliance
• Insurance Authorization
• Use of Meditech and passport programs – Meditech is another Electronic Medical Records System
• Data Entry and Filing
• ER Experience

These were my essential job duties. The company itself, seemed very respectable, the only thing at this location was, the supervisor of my department, was not very knowledgeable, and frankly asking questions about any part of the job, usually caused a mistake, so going to your tenured coworkers was a better option.
ICU Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: short breaks or no breaks sometimes
I had a whole 6weeks of orientation done on their ICU floor. It was incredibly fast but fortunately challenging as it greatly increased my clinical skills. A typical day would be to have one critical patient and one room ready to get admission. supervisors and managers were very respectful, flexible with staff schedules and strict when it comes to protocols. I learned about other cultures by working aside so many different people with different background. The hardest part of this job would be the fact that I was living forty-five to fifty minutes from the hospital. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of this position was trying to figure out what was going on with critical patients along side of physicians and other staff on a patient's case.
Busy place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 5, 2014
It was a busy environment to work in. We stayed very busy with surgeries scheduled for each day, Monday through Friday.
Enjoyable and family friendly
Registered Clinical Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2014
- Learn to grow professionally
- great learning environment
- can advance with this company based on background
- opportunity to learn and grow
Management should listen to the front line nursing staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: met some good seasoned staff nurses who have been invaluable resources
Cons: lateral bullying tolerated, management did not support the nursing staff yet, expected them to take on additional responsibilities outside their traditional scope of practice
This is a "for-profit" hospital so the bottom line is the most important item on the list. If the numbers look right to management then the "reality" of the unit does not matter. There are some very good nurses employed here, but most of the nursing staff is unhappy, tired and way under appreciated. Unfortunately lateral bullying is tolerated and in some units supported by allowing these individuals to remain in or even advance to management positions. One manager stated, "Contract nurses can fill any vacancy left by a staff nurse deciding to leave." When this is the face management decides to wear the only thing left for employees to do is leave.
Small facility
Student Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Co- workers are hard workers. Not lazy at all. Just wouldnt want to work there because of the location.
Intense, fun, enjoyable, great co-workers
O.R. Analyst/Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2013
Pros: cafeteria has free drink fridays on the first friday of the month. events throughout the year
Cons: management
Every day is different. Gained confidence with tenure. Management, has a high turnover. Co-workers are why I have stayed so long. We are like a family. Every job is hard, but myself and my co-workers always try to find the fun in everythig.
Friendly environment.
Phlebotomist - Student (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Cons: pay for lunch, not enough parking
The med-techs and phlebotomist were very helpful in teaching me the way they work and how things get done.
flexable, family work place
rehab (Current Employee), Hou, txJanuary 3, 2013
it nice working with different kind people

greatplace to work
productive
Security Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: insurance benefits
Cons: short breaks, equipment
I enjoy working with my co-workers. A typical work day is patrolling the facility and locking and unlocking doors.
Review
EKG Tech/Cath Lab (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJanuary 19, 2012
Pros: friendly, respectful environment!
Cons: i needed more hours!
Being employeed at EHRMC for the time that I was was a blessing to me! I loved meeting the people that I did, the patients there, the other employeers that helped me when it was needed, and the ability to learn new and exciting things in a field that I want to work is was all so nice! It is a great place to work at!