East Houston Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

under staffed
Night generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2016
I worked nights there for 6 months and it was horrible. There are understaffed and the supervisors weren't of much help. I rarely got any sort of break. The pay wasn't great for working in a large city and the area is bad.
Pros
Cons
bad area, poor pay, under staffed
Great place for advancement
Nurse preceptor for graduating and new nurses (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2016
The most difficult is the commute; great atmosphere to learn and gain new skills for further advancement. Peers at exceptional in knowledge and support.
productive and fun!!
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
there its really a great day of work there, its fun the company does alot for the employees. if your a people person, you should fit right in! they accept all people from different walks of life. your director and supervisors, will work with you lots of programs for the employees and great events!
Pros
if you work in the kitchen: food is free!, breaks are great, really flexable with your schedule
Cons
prices are high with the food, but overall its great hospital!
Bad environment. Only good thing about this place is the benefits.
Food and Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2015
I worked in dietary. Manager/Director wouldn't do anything about the problems we had. Co-workers are horrible, and there was a language barrier. Overworked, overlooked, disrespected by nurses and other staff. Would never come back here.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
30 minute lunches. Disrespected by staff. Overworked.
Convienant and close to home
Lead Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2015
Working with the public is challenging and it requires patience and understanding. I love meeting and helping people of all ages and nationality.
Great place to work!
Assist new mothers (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2015
Great benefits, coworkers and management is awesome.
They are flexible with scheduling and offer plenty of PTO. All around great place to work.
Good
Lead Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
A good place to work. Surgeons at EHRMC are very professional and easy to deal with, even when the procedure gets complicated.
Friendly Environment
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
This environment help nurture me into my career and I love it.
Staff is great and knowledgeable, first tier supervisors however need to be reassesed for ther knowledge and skills.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2014
• Patient Registration
• Admissions
• Collections – ER Copays
• HIPPA Compliance
• Insurance Authorization
• Use of Meditech and passport programs – Meditech is another Electronic Medical Records System
• Data Entry and Filing
• ER Experience

These were my essential job duties. The company itself, seemed very respectable, the only thing at this location was, the supervisor of my department, was not very knowledgeable, and frankly asking questions about any part of the job, usually caused a mistake, so going to your tenured coworkers was a better option.
Cons
workload unrealistic, and time expectancy were unrealistic
ICU Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
I had a whole 6weeks of orientation done on their ICU floor. It was incredibly fast but fortunately challenging as it greatly increased my clinical skills. A typical day would be to have one critical patient and one room ready to get admission. supervisors and managers were very respectful, flexible with staff schedules and strict when it comes to protocols. I learned about other cultures by working aside so many different people with different background. The hardest part of this job would be the fact that I was living forty-five to fifty minutes from the hospital. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of this position was trying to figure out what was going on with critical patients along side of physicians and other staff on a patient's case.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
short breaks or no breaks sometimes
Busy place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2014
It was a busy environment to work in. We stayed very busy with surgeries scheduled for each day, Monday through Friday.
Enjoyable and family friendly
Registered Clinical Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2014
- Learn to grow professionally
- great learning environment
- can advance with this company based on background
- opportunity to learn and grow
Management should listen to the front line nursing staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2014
This is a "for-profit" hospital so the bottom line is the most important item on the list. If the numbers look right to management then the "reality" of the unit does not matter. There are some very good nurses employed here, but most of the nursing staff is unhappy, tired and way under appreciated. Unfortunately lateral bullying is tolerated and in some units supported by allowing these individuals to remain in or even advance to management positions. One manager stated, "Contract nurses can fill any vacancy left by a staff nurse deciding to leave." When this is the face management decides to wear the only thing left for employees to do is leave.
Pros
met some good seasoned staff nurses who have been invaluable resources
Cons
lateral bullying tolerated, management did not support the nursing staff yet, expected them to take on additional responsibilities outside their traditional scope of practice
Small facility
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Co- workers are hard workers. Not lazy at all. Just wouldnt want to work there because of the location.
Intense, fun, enjoyable, great co-workers
O.R. Analyst/Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2013
Every day is different. Gained confidence with tenure. Management, has a high turnover. Co-workers are why I have stayed so long. We are like a family. Every job is hard, but myself and my co-workers always try to find the fun in everythig.
Pros
cafeteria has free drink fridays on the first friday of the month. events throughout the year
Cons
management
Friendly environment.
Phlebotomist - Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2013
The med-techs and phlebotomist were very helpful in teaching me the way they work and how things get done.
Cons
pay for lunch, not enough parking
flexable, family work place
rehab (Current Employee) –  Hou, txJanuary 3, 2013
it nice working with different kind people

greatplace to work
productive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2012
I enjoy working with my co-workers. A typical work day is patrolling the facility and locking and unlocking doors.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
short breaks, equipment
Review
EKG Tech/Cath Lab (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJanuary 19, 2012
Being employeed at EHRMC for the time that I was was a blessing to me! I loved meeting the people that I did, the patients there, the other employeers that helped me when it was needed, and the ability to learn new and exciting things in a field that I want to work is was all so nice! It is a great place to work at!
Pros
friendly, respectful environment!
Cons
i needed more hours!

East Houston Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location