East Jefferson General Hospital Employee Reviews

great for medical
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 2, 2017
It's a great place for your medical needs, but the management is awful. Typically not a long wait time and they have a caring staff.
Pros
free lunches, weekends off
Cons
horrible management
Stressful
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  4200 houma blvdJanuary 11, 2017
It's a sressful place, to much of work for a lil bit of pay, and very unorganized and supervisor talk to you with no respect,and theres no team play at all.Etc.
uneasy place to work at
Patient Access Representative III (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 6, 2017
The job was very chaotic, and stressful! Some of the co-workers were team player you could depend upon. The most enjoyable part of this job was assisting patients in all aspects.
Pros
Inexpensive lunches, extra curricullim activites always going on.
Cons
Short breaks, no open door policy, hard to advance if you're liked
Worked at home with no overhead.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 30, 2016
Enjoyed working for them. It was based by hourly work and your experience. Great company to work for, but they terminated all transcriptionist in the hospital and decided to go with a transcription company which we either transitioned to or collected unemployment.
Pros
Working from home, no scheduled time to work just had to get your required minutes in for the day.
Cons
They terminated us to go with a cost effective option for the hospital to a transcription company.
Good company to work for
Radiology Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 15, 2016
Co-workers worked well with each other, worked in a very busy filing room gathering records and films for patients, clinics and outside hospitals. The most enjoyable part of job was being able to help someone and see them smile.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Job only part time
Very little training on a high risk unit.
Telemetry RN (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 6, 2016
I learned a great deal of nursing skills that I will carry on in my career as an RN. I feel the nurse to patient ratio is too high for this unit.
Running the shift and ensuring problems are handled on an effective basis
EMS Dispatcher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 5, 2016
The day begins with the daily count of emergency calls (ex: patients transported, first aid , patients refusing to be transported, etc.). Once a count is done and sent to the direct of ems services, I can begin looking at special requests for vacation times, scheduling slots that need to be filled on certain shifts, and problem solving any conflict that may ensue between other callers, EMT's, as well as other fellow employees.
Pros
Supplies were promply given, Communication was given effectively, and employees got along in a professional manner
Cons
healthcare insurance was poor
Poor management
Food and Nutrition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 22, 2016
Poor management over the department. Lack of communication and understanding. Micromanagement at its finest. I honestly felt bad for the other employees who have been there so long and cannot speak up for themselves because they were scared to
Lose their job. Unfortunately until they find a new person to be head of the department things will not change. My actual manager was nice though, and very helpful! He would probably do a way better job than who's currently running it. She has no idea how to manage.
Pros
Automaticly enrolled into credit uClose to home, friendly employees, helpful HR
Cons
Pay, odd lunch hours, parking sucks, no respect from management, food is NOT healthy yet serving to customers.
Productive Workplace
Charge Therapist (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 21, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy working at EJGH. I love all my coworkers and many are eager to teach whatever I ask to learn more about. I have been employed at the facility for nearly 13 years.
Excellent place to work
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 2, 2016
Worked with fellow employees who were compassionate and intelligent. Strong advocates of patient care. Good support from physicians. Advanced my knowledge of clinical practice.
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LA 70006November 2, 2016
I enjoy the patients and staff members that I come in contact with on a daily basis. I am learning a lot working with different people from different cultures.
EJGH great place to work
Manager, Radiology Operations (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 26, 2016
My time at EJGH was very full filling to me. I learned allot about Interventional Radiology and enjoyed my time there.
...
This was my 2nd home.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 15, 2016
I loved this place. I really don't have too much to say.. but, its a great place. They have great everything. The food is good the employees are friendly.
Great
RN radiology nurse (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 3, 2016
Great work environement. Great management and team. Supervisors listen to employees. Benefits are great. 401k is great with plenty options. I would recommend working there.
Great place to work overall
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 25, 2016
I love working at EJGH, but they don't let the nurses transfer departments without a fight. They'd rather lose nurses to a competitor than transfer within.
A wonderful hospital
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 19, 2016
EJGH gave me my start in the hospital industry. To a large degree, they have shaped the leader and professional I have become.
Overview
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 15, 2016
Excellence customer service background, organized in a fast paced position, the ability to multitask.
Patient Access Registrar for scheduled and walk-in appointments for outpatient radiology, cardiology, same-day-surgery, observation, pulmonary, nutrition, and the breast care center. I am able to verified insurance deductibles, collecting copayments, obtaining patient demographic in a timely manner, computer proficient in Centrex, Medicare compliance, Medicaid eligibility verification, create patient insurance pricing layout, able to type 40 per minute and outstanding customer service.
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 15, 2016
Great work environment, great people to work with. The shifts could of been longer. The manager could of demanded more also. Everything else was manageable and good for the work environment
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Lack of work hours
Busy nursing unit worked with many great physicians
Medical Surgical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 5, 2016
I worked with a great group of individuals who were always around when an emergency occurred. I learned a lot while working here and am the strong nurse I am today because of it.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
pace sometimes to fast to give patient care I wanted to give
Supportive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 12, 2016
Management is supportive of staff. Teamwork is part of the culture. The hardest part of the job is when ancillary staff have been called off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Jefferson General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

East Jefferson General Hospital Reviews by Location