East Jefferson General Hospital

East Jefferson General Hospital United States Employee Reviews

This requires lots of paying attention to detail.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Metarie,LaMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at this particular job requires lots of records keeping,alertness, and teamwork. I learned that on this job and any job teamwork makes everything else work. The people you work with are key components to a productive day.
Great learning opportunity
Corporate Wellness Lead (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Very laid back environment, great benefits, complete your tasks at your own pace
Cons: management, salary, raises
Each day I open up the facility, make sure everything is in order and ready to go for the day. I work on planning events for the wellness program, track visits for the Jefferson Parish Fire Department (JPFD) wellness program, coordinate scheduling for JPFD testing and nutrition counseling, conduct strength and conditioning classes, track data, input charges, and assist employees that have questions about health and wellness. I learned how to manage my time and supervise others. I am in charge of multiple programs here and have exceeded at running the programs. My co-workers are great to be around and all have a hand in daily tasks to make sure things run smoothly. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep people interested in the wellness program and drive up participation. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help people achieve their wellness goals.
Slow on pay increase
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Metairie, LAFebruary 16, 2015
Company was very professional and benefits were ok. Pay range was not sufficient for duties. The most enjoyable part of this job was the employees were so friendly to each other and customers. I enjoyed working with the patients.
Underpaid
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Metairie, LouisianaFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: good free lunches from the reps, luv alot of the nurses they rock
Cons: short lunches, pay, no advancement, hard to transfer to other departments, cafeteria food
Typical day at work, can depend on the work load for that day, if the census is high the work will be consistent, if the census is low, look forward to being flexed (sent home, hours cut, taken off the schedule). I did learn how to use the pyxsis machine and a new machine that dispensed the medication. Some co-workers were ok to work with, others were great! The hospital need to put in place management classes for the managers, to teach them how to manage people properly, i.e. communicate with their employees as adults etc, skip the favoritism. The hardest part of the job was seeing patients expire, the most enjoyable part was interacting with the patients and families and being able to pray with some of the families, laugh, cry and celebrate with them.
A Day in the Life of an EMT
EMT (Current Employee), Metairie, LAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: in a position to help others
Cons: sometimes you dont get a lunch
There is no typical day in EMS. I work with a great variety of people. I have learned from them and I have learned from patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. I have made new friends. I have experienced things which I will never forget. Management does a great job. There are many of us to manage.
It was a great place to work
Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Metairie, LANovember 9, 2014
I loved my team members and the work environment was very professional and comfortable.
All work in one building.
CASE MANAGER AND UTILIZATION REVIEW NURSE (Former Employee), Metairie, LANovember 4, 2014
Pros: multiple areas of different expertice
Cons: not very people oriented.
Team worked well together. Management was not very supportive.
love it hear
Monitor Tech (Current Employee), Metairie, LAOctober 23, 2014
Its been a pleasure working for these companies but I'm trying to relocate in mississippi.
Wonderful place to work
Certified Nursing Assitant (Current Employee), Metairie, LAOctober 20, 2014
the shifts are 12 hours but it goes by fast and it can get tough at times.
Very productive days contacting area businesses for partnership and taping marketing elements
Marketing Specialist/Producer (Current Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: meet lots of new people and keep good relationships
Love the marketing world. I have made many contacts over the last 13 years and have held numerous very successful events. I am involved of every aspect of events and the marketing of new campaigns, selling new technology to the community, etc.
Fun environment and nice co-workers.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: flexable hours.
Cons: short breaks
I worked in Patient Transport and enjoyed all of my co-workers. The job had very flexible hours.
enclosed below
ER Tech/ER (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMay 6, 2014
Pros: everyday was different you never know what is going to come through the door, everyone worked as a team
Cons: there is no cons
East Jefferson General Hospital was a great place to work and it is a great place for advancement but i decided to re-locate to ca leaving my job after 9 years but i know if i ever decide to move back to la i know that i would be able to go back to work there.
AWESOME
Patient Access Representative III (Current Employee), Metairie, LAApril 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice break times
team worked awesome together, management team were fun to be around, made everyone welcome, nothing was really to hard, because they were hands on at this facilty.
Productive and gratifying place to work.
Continuing Medical Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Metairie, LAApril 7, 2014
Responsible for the planning, organization,
direction and control of the continuing medical education (CME) and graduate medical education (GME) programs for the hospital's Medical Staff. Responsible for the documentation and monitoring of clinical research trials and studies for the hospital’s
Institutional Review Board (IRB).
East Jefferson General Hospital (EJGH) is a 550-bed acute care facility with over 650 physicians on staff. Responsibilities include networking with administrative personnel as the Chief Medical Officer, the hospital Chief of Staff, hospital Medical Director and physician departments.

Served as hospital Institutional Review Board Specialist by coordinating and performing a variety of research and administrative activities required in the management of clinical trials research conducted by principal investigators at EJGH. Performed a variety of independent duties involved in the collection, documentation and compilation of clinical research data.

Followed established guidelines in the collection of clinical data and/or administration of clinical trials; assisted in the determination guidelines for new protocols. Conferred with physicians to explain protocol and to elicit compliance with regulations; ensure adherence to FDA and protocol guidelines; identified potential problems and/or inconsistencies and reported to the IRB board as needed.
Prepared reports, documents and correspondence for regulatory agencies, participating clinical trials sites and hospital IRB to assist in the ongoing monitoring, evaluation and progress of clinical trials.
Responsible for soliciting and receiving grants and fees associated with clinical trials review and management from industry-supported clinical research.

Have developed a productive work enviroment and network well with other team members.

The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of the future of the facillity. Stabilization of employment in the future is uncertain.
Great Job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 10, 2014
I love this company, my supervisor was the best at her job, and it was like a small family. We watched over each other and it was a pleasure and joy to work for this company.
Enjoyable place to work
Medical transcriptionist, clerical (Former Employee), Metairie, LADecember 9, 2013
Pros: friendly, professional workplace
Cons: electronic medical records making my job as a transcriptionist unnecessary.
I enjoyed working at East Jefferson General Hospital Family Practice. I got along well with the doctors, my supervisor, and fellow employees. The only reason I left was so that I would be able to work from home while my children were young. I am still in touch with them on a personal basis. While I was there, I was primarily a medical transcriptionist, but I also spent time answering the switchboard and making appointments as well as helping in the medical records department of the office. I would say the hardest part of the job was getting used to transcribing for residents who had foreign accents; however, this proved to be a valuable skill that I was able to develop.
Challenging but rewarding career
IT Manager (Current Employee), Metairie, LANovember 3, 2013
Pros: having leadership that values technology
Cons: difficult to take time off for vacations
Each day brings its own set of challenges that test your skill, knowledge, patience and ability to work with others. I love technology but in management you have to learn people as well. I've been blessed to work with and to help develop great teams who meet challenges head on with the same determination to overcome them as I have.

In my career, to this point, I haven't met a challenge too big to overcome. My team(s) and I have done amazing and innovative work to strengthen and make more efficient the clinical workflows in our hospital.
Highly autonomous nursing role
RN-Interventional Cardiology/Radiology (Former Employee), Metairie, LAOctober 27, 2013
Cons: hospital in financial trouble, no overtime allowed
Great workplace culture/values, friendly employees, great workplace relationships
Imaging technologist
Imaging Tech (Former Employee), RadiologyOctober 20, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: short hour shifts
as a PRN employee, at times I would go to work only to be sent home within 2 hours span because patients did not show up. Too volatile shifts as a PRN.
Radiology field is oversaturated so management at all the local hospitals don't have to respect workers' time or skills. No insurance discount benefits are offered in an industry that is supposed to be caring for people's health issues.
There are better places to work.
Nursing Assistant, Department of Surgery (Current Employee), Metairie, LAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: very few
Cons: managment
It is a big hospital. If you work there, you know what I'm talking about.
Sadly it used to be a fun place to work, with good benefits, yet things have change for worse.