East Jefferson General Hospital Employee Reviews

There is always some challenge to be met
Pre-Registration III (Current Employee), Metairie,LAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Learning new things
Cons: No raises
My day would start with be bringing up my patient list for the day to make sure any late add-ons are verified and taken care of before they come in. Then, I start on the upcoming list, I try to stay at least a month ahead, that way it is easier to come in and do the add-ons and then do a day in advance. I check the test the patients are having, and then the insurance verify that and if the test requires an authorization and obtain that, and if compliance is needed do that. I check all my work for the next day to assure all the authorizations are done and that all patients that needed to be called on to let them know of the charges that is due or to make payment on test. Management of my job is to make sure I have things in order before I leave for the day. The hardest part of the job could be when I am unable to get an authorization on a test when the patient is sent right over from a doctors office, in a timely manner. Then most enjoyable part of the job is that I complete my job and that I do a good job.
The last two years really has not been a fun place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJune 19, 2015
Pros: The only perk left at EJ was that Senority played a part in able to take off some Holidays
Cons: Unable to eat lunch at times when busy.
Start your day with report Ratio 6-1 Nurse.
We bring babies to nursery for Pediatrician to examine, then back to mom .Rooming in encouraged
Lab work drawn in rooms if okay with parents.
circumcisions in nursery
Breast feeding assistance
Newborn Medications
Discharge instructions
Co-workers were good, some not so much.
Management since February poor.
Transitioning babies with parents in L&D was the most difficult with many deliveries, most of the time one nurse did everything baby needed.Management did not offer help often.
The most enjoyable part of my job was actually hands on taking care of these little miracles.
Productive and fast paced
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMay 29, 2015
Pros: great patients, great doctors
Cons: no raises, your voice isnt always heard
Typical work day was always interesting and fun. Learning something new is always a positive part of the day. I learned how to deal with patients who are highly uncomfortable being in a hospital and who have no patience. Most of my co-workers were very friendly and loved working with me as a team. the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know my patients and their different stories. I'm a people person so that was where my gratification came from. Hardest part of the job was seeing the negative side of healthcare.
Productive and good place to work
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free luches with Reps and meeting new people
Cons: Lunches or not long enough and no pay raises
A typical day at work for is greeting and registering patients as they enter into our office.

I've learned how to communicate and satisfy the patient's needs and questions on a consisted basis.

Management is always helpful and helping me solve problems that I can't solve on my on.

I love working with my coworkers we or always helping each other and we are always keeping a positive enivorment for not only us , but for the patients as well.

The hardest part of the job is not be able to satisfy and meet the needs of the patient.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being a instrumental part and key figure to our office
fun place to work
volunteer (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMay 5, 2015
fun place to work, people are very helpful and nice. there are really good health benefits and good 401k benefits.the staff is very helpful to patients.
Nice
Patient Access Representative III (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: My co-workers was very nice to work with.
Cons: There was no advances in our area.
Company was a nice place to work. I enjoyed working with the patients and some of the people there was friendly good,nice,comfortable.
This requires lots of paying attention to detail.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Metarie,LaMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at this particular job requires lots of records keeping,alertness, and teamwork. I learned that on this job and any job teamwork makes everything else work. The people you work with are key components to a productive day.
Great learning opportunity
Corporate Wellness Lead (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Very laid back environment, great benefits, complete your tasks at your own pace
Cons: management, salary, raises
Each day I open up the facility, make sure everything is in order and ready to go for the day. I work on planning events for the wellness program, track visits for the Jefferson Parish Fire Department (JPFD) wellness program, coordinate scheduling for JPFD testing and nutrition counseling, conduct strength and conditioning classes, track data, input charges, and assist employees that have questions about health and wellness. I learned how to manage my time and supervise others. I am in charge of multiple programs here and have exceeded at running the programs. My co-workers are great to be around and all have a hand in daily tasks to make sure things run smoothly. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep people interested in the wellness program and drive up participation. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help people achieve their wellness goals.
Slow on pay increase
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Metairie, LAFebruary 16, 2015
Company was very professional and benefits were ok. Pay range was not sufficient for duties. The most enjoyable part of this job was the employees were so friendly to each other and customers. I enjoyed working with the patients.
Underpaid
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Metairie, LouisianaFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: good free lunches from the reps, luv alot of the nurses they rock
Cons: short lunches, pay, no advancement, hard to transfer to other departments, cafeteria food
Typical day at work, can depend on the work load for that day, if the census is high the work will be consistent, if the census is low, look forward to being flexed (sent home, hours cut, taken off the schedule). I did learn how to use the pyxsis machine and a new machine that dispensed the medication. Some co-workers were ok to work with, others were great! The hospital need to put in place management classes for the managers, to teach them how to manage people properly, i.e. communicate with their employees as adults etc, skip the favoritism. The hardest part of the job was seeing patients expire, the most enjoyable part was interacting with the patients and families and being able to pray with some of the families, laugh, cry and celebrate with them.
A Day in the Life of an EMT
EMT (Current Employee), Metairie, LAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: in a position to help others
Cons: sometimes you dont get a lunch
There is no typical day in EMS. I work with a great variety of people. I have learned from them and I have learned from patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. I have made new friends. I have experienced things which I will never forget. Management does a great job. There are many of us to manage.
It was a great place to work
Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Metairie, LANovember 9, 2014
I loved my team members and the work environment was very professional and comfortable.
All work in one building.
CASE MANAGER AND UTILIZATION REVIEW NURSE (Former Employee), Metairie, LANovember 4, 2014
Pros: multiple areas of different expertice
Cons: not very people oriented.
Team worked well together. Management was not very supportive.
love it hear
Monitor Tech (Current Employee), Metairie, LAOctober 23, 2014
Its been a pleasure working for these companies but I'm trying to relocate in mississippi.
Wonderful place to work
Certified Nursing Assitant (Current Employee), Metairie, LAOctober 20, 2014
the shifts are 12 hours but it goes by fast and it can get tough at times.
Very productive days contacting area businesses for partnership and taping marketing elements
Marketing Specialist/Producer (Current Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: meet lots of new people and keep good relationships
Love the marketing world. I have made many contacts over the last 13 years and have held numerous very successful events. I am involved of every aspect of events and the marketing of new campaigns, selling new technology to the community, etc.
Fun environment and nice co-workers.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: flexable hours.
Cons: short breaks
I worked in Patient Transport and enjoyed all of my co-workers. The job had very flexible hours.
enclosed below
ER Tech/ER (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMay 6, 2014
Pros: everyday was different you never know what is going to come through the door, everyone worked as a team
Cons: there is no cons
East Jefferson General Hospital was a great place to work and it is a great place for advancement but i decided to re-locate to ca leaving my job after 9 years but i know if i ever decide to move back to la i know that i would be able to go back to work there.
AWESOME
Patient Access Representative III (Current Employee), Metairie, LAApril 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice break times
team worked awesome together, management team were fun to be around, made everyone welcome, nothing was really to hard, because they were hands on at this facilty.
Productive and gratifying place to work.
Continuing Medical Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Metairie, LAApril 7, 2014
Responsible for the planning, organization,
direction and control of the continuing medical education (CME) and graduate medical education (GME) programs for the hospital's Medical Staff. Responsible for the documentation and monitoring of clinical research trials and studies for the hospital’s
Institutional Review Board (IRB).
East Jefferson General Hospital (EJGH) is a 550-bed acute care facility with over 650 physicians on staff. Responsibilities include networking with administrative personnel as the Chief Medical Officer, the hospital Chief of Staff, hospital Medical Director and physician departments.

Served as hospital Institutional Review Board Specialist by coordinating and performing a variety of research and administrative activities required in the management of clinical trials research conducted by principal investigators at EJGH. Performed a variety of independent duties involved in the collection, documentation and compilation of clinical research data.

Followed established guidelines in the collection of clinical data and/or administration of clinical trials; assisted in the determination guidelines for new protocols. Conferred with physicians to explain protocol and to elicit compliance with regulations; ensure adherence to FDA and protocol guidelines; identified potential problems and/or inconsistencies and reported to the IRB board as needed.
Prepared reports, documents and correspondence for regulatory agencies, participating clinical trials sites and hospital IRB to assist in the ongoing monitoring, evaluation and progress of clinical trials.
Responsible for soliciting and receiving grants and fees associated with clinical trials review and management from industry-supported clinical research.

Have developed a productive work enviroment and network well with other team members.

The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of the future of the facillity. Stabilization of employment in the future is uncertain.