East Jefferson General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

An amazing place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 12, 2016
East Jefferson was a great place to work. No, drama. My supervisor was so amazing and understanding when I had to quit. I loved my coworkers. The patients were the hardest part of the day. It is really hard to please everybody but, we try.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short lunch
Fun Family Friendly atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 28, 2016
One of the few places operating after Katrina, it was a familial atmosphere as most hospitals tend to be. There was a support system for employees to ensure that they were managing well and that they could cope with life during the cities rebuild.

Great healthcare and great community feel for employees. Allowed and encouraged further education and advancement.
Pros
Great employee events, healthcare, education opportunities
Cons
Distance, budget cuts
East Jefferson was a fast paced facility and a great working enviroment.
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 3, 2015
A typical da was fast paced. I learned to work fast and use my time wisely. Management was super and fair. my co-workers were super as well. The hardest part was the pace. The most enjoyable part of the job was patient satisfaction.
Pros
benefits, advancement, compensation
Cons
fast-paced
5 years ago
EMS Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 2, 2015
when i did work for the hospital over 5 years ago it was an excellent place to work at, the pay was excellent as well!! i am still a patient of the hospital and so are my children its excellent in health care!
Great Place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 4, 2015
I highly recommend it. It was a great place to work. The other employees there are top notch and great to work with. I would work here for my entire career if I was going to stay in my current field.
Good Company
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Metairie,LAOctober 8, 2015
The staff at East Jeff is great. However, East Jefferson doesn't give raises. They have market increases. So if you there isn't a market increase in the area, you could be stuck at the same pay for years.
stressful and very demanding atmosphere
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Revenue CycleOctober 2, 2015
Director has no idea how to run the department, team members are running the department.
I enjoyed working with other departments.
The IT dept is excellent.
great place to work
Patient Acess REP (Current Employee) –  metarie,laJuly 14, 2015
great place to work ,great staff ,I would recommend this hospital.
This is a Parish Hospital In Metairie, the patient flow is steady but not over whelming.
There is always some challenge to be met
Pre-Registration III (Current Employee) –  Metairie,LAJune 23, 2015
My day would start with be bringing up my patient list for the day to make sure any late add-ons are verified and taken care of before they come in. Then, I start on the upcoming list, I try to stay at least a month ahead, that way it is easier to come in and do the add-ons and then do a day in advance. I check the test the patients are having, and then the insurance verify that and if the test requires an authorization and obtain that, and if compliance is needed do that. I check all my work for the next day to assure all the authorizations are done and that all patients that needed to be called on to let them know of the charges that is due or to make payment on test. Management of my job is to make sure I have things in order before I leave for the day. The hardest part of the job could be when I am unable to get an authorization on a test when the patient is sent right over from a doctors office, in a timely manner. Then most enjoyable part of the job is that I complete my job and that I do a good job.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
No raises
The last two years really has not been a fun place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 19, 2015
Start your day with report Ratio 6-1 Nurse.
We bring babies to nursery for Pediatrician to examine, then back to mom .Rooming in encouraged
Lab work drawn in rooms if okay with parents.
circumcisions in nursery
Breast feeding assistance
Newborn Medications
Discharge instructions
Co-workers were good, some not so much.
Management since February poor.
Transitioning babies with parents in L&D was the most difficult with many deliveries, most of the time one nurse did everything baby needed.Management did not offer help often.
The most enjoyable part of my job was actually hands on taking care of these little miracles.
Pros
The only perk left at EJ was that Senority played a part in able to take off some Holidays
Cons
Unable to eat lunch at times when busy.
Productive and fast paced
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 29, 2015
Typical work day was always interesting and fun. Learning something new is always a positive part of the day. I learned how to deal with patients who are highly uncomfortable being in a hospital and who have no patience. Most of my co-workers were very friendly and loved working with me as a team. the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know my patients and their different stories. I'm a people person so that was where my gratification came from. Hardest part of the job was seeing the negative side of healthcare.
Pros
great patients, great doctors
Cons
no raises, your voice isnt always heard
Productive and good place to work
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 6, 2015
A typical day at work for is greeting and registering patients as they enter into our office.

I've learned how to communicate and satisfy the patient's needs and questions on a consisted basis.

Management is always helpful and helping me solve problems that I can't solve on my on.

I love working with my coworkers we or always helping each other and we are always keeping a positive enivorment for not only us , but for the patients as well.

The hardest part of the job is not be able to satisfy and meet the needs of the patient.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being a instrumental part and key figure to our office
Pros
Free luches with Reps and meeting new people
Cons
Lunches or not long enough and no pay raises
fun place to work
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 5, 2015
fun place to work, people are very helpful and nice. there are really good health benefits and good 401k benefits.the staff is very helpful to patients.
Nice
Patient Access Representative III (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 28, 2015
Company was a nice place to work. I enjoyed working with the patients and some of the people there was friendly good,nice,comfortable.
Pros
My co-workers was very nice to work with.
Cons
There was no advances in our area.
This requires lots of paying attention to detail.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Metarie,LaMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at this particular job requires lots of records keeping,alertness, and teamwork. I learned that on this job and any job teamwork makes everything else work. The people you work with are key components to a productive day.
Great learning opportunity
Corporate Wellness Lead (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 24, 2015
Each day I open up the facility, make sure everything is in order and ready to go for the day. I work on planning events for the wellness program, track visits for the Jefferson Parish Fire Department (JPFD) wellness program, coordinate scheduling for JPFD testing and nutrition counseling, conduct strength and conditioning classes, track data, input charges, and assist employees that have questions about health and wellness. I learned how to manage my time and supervise others. I am in charge of multiple programs here and have exceeded at running the programs. My co-workers are great to be around and all have a hand in daily tasks to make sure things run smoothly. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep people interested in the wellness program and drive up participation. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help people achieve their wellness goals.
Pros
Very laid back environment, great benefits, complete your tasks at your own pace
Cons
management, salary, raises
Slow on pay increase
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 16, 2015
Company was very professional and benefits were ok. Pay range was not sufficient for duties. The most enjoyable part of this job was the employees were so friendly to each other and customers. I enjoyed working with the patients.
Underpaid
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LouisianaFebruary 1, 2015
Typical day at work, can depend on the work load for that day, if the census is high the work will be consistent, if the census is low, look forward to being flexed (sent home, hours cut, taken off the schedule). I did learn how to use the pyxsis machine and a new machine that dispensed the medication. Some co-workers were ok to work with, others were great! The hospital need to put in place management classes for the managers, to teach them how to manage people properly, i.e. communicate with their employees as adults etc, skip the favoritism. The hardest part of the job was seeing patients expire, the most enjoyable part was interacting with the patients and families and being able to pray with some of the families, laugh, cry and celebrate with them.
Pros
good free lunches from the reps, luv alot of the nurses they rock
Cons
short lunches, pay, no advancement, hard to transfer to other departments, cafeteria food
A Day in the Life of an EMT
EMT (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 15, 2015
There is no typical day in EMS. I work with a great variety of people. I have learned from them and I have learned from patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. I have made new friends. I have experienced things which I will never forget. Management does a great job. There are many of us to manage.
Pros
in a position to help others
Cons
sometimes you dont get a lunch
It was a great place to work
Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 9, 2014
I loved my team members and the work environment was very professional and comfortable.