East Jefferson General Hospital Employee Reviews

satisfying work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 4, 2017
east jeff was a good work environment. everyone got along like famile. the food was always cooked fresh and prepped date by date. management was kind of poorp but not everydy was a bad day. the quality of food was always rated high. ive learned alot from the job and will work there again a anytime.
Great team
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 25, 2017
Overall I enjoyed the time I spent working at East Jefferson. I had great coworkers and would probably still be there if I hadn’t gotten married and moved across the lake
poor managment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 24, 2017
management was horrible at east jefferson. I will say that the staff was pleasant to work with and the doctor's were fantastic. They do not give raises after they say that you would be able to.
Worked as an outside contractor
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 18, 2017
Employed by the hospital, but was contracted to an outside entity. Had no issues with East Jefferson General Hospital. I believe the department I worked for has been cut.
Pros
Good People
Ok place to work.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 10, 2017
EJGH is an okay place to work. I would recommend to others but it was not my type of place. Only place I have worked where team members don't get a discount on meals!!!
Pros
Flexible work schedules.
Cons
No meal discounts.
Very bad management
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 27, 2017
I first started off on 6-E my supervisor and director was perfect but I needed more hours. They opened up another department OBS so I transferred didn't get a raise and I was doing much more work billing and coding director was very rude and di. disrespectful
New Department Head should not be in that position
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 25, 2017
The department head was recently promoted into the position on an interim basis and is tearing the department apart due to lack of people skills. Everyone else around the hospital is very friendly. They just made a bad choice for this position. There is also a lot of uncertainty about the future of the hospital. The possibility of them bringing in a management company is very strong and the understanding is that my department would be one of the first to go.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
stress
environment is pretty much laid back
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 15, 2017
East Jeff is a nice place to work but does not give their employees yearly raises which is not good. I think a good employee deserves a raise and I was told the employees haven't had a raise in 3 years. That's a good way to loose good employees.
Productive and peaceful work enviroment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LA 70006September 15, 2017
A typical work day was very peaceful. I learned to independently. We had a great management team. Awesome enviroment. the hardest part of the job was getting there. The most enjoyable part was working with team players.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Sick time policies
Stressful but good experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 7, 2017
stressful because working with less people than usual, but good experience overall. I would recommend for experience only not for long term career prospect.
Pros
experience
Cons
stressfull

Want to know more about East Jefferson General Hospital?

Ask a question
Great job!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 4, 2017
Nurse preceptor was not so great but they changed me and recognized the problem. Management was great and salary was competative. Benefits were fantastic.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Bad precept
Coniving cut throat trust no one
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 4, 2017
EJGH is not the intended recipient. It's MPSI, the life span to work I this particular office is 2 years. Nothing is secret not even the Patients information. The office is divided, everything that's not suppose to be talked about was, religion, your pay, politics etc. 2 of the employees were calling in controlled substance for each other and guess what they are still there. HR swept that under the rug. I wouldn't recommend working here if it was the only building left.
Pros
Huh
Cons
No privacy, on watch even on breaks, nothing is secret
Busy Place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 1, 2017
I work there over 16 years ago, it was real busy and a high turnover of employees of RN and CST but I was young and did enjoy the workplace I got along fine with everyone.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Basic
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 27, 2017
We are currently outsourced with a better company called Nthrive. The pay is decent. The hours are great and pretty flexible depending on the department you work in
busy and energetic workplace
Ortho Tech and Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 21, 2017
My work days here were great.
I learned how to do casts, splints, set up trapeze bars on beds. From a rehab aspect I learned how to instruct patients in exercises and activities.
The management was top notch!
There is a fair amount of cultural diversity
There really wasn't a hard part to my job. I enjoyed every minute of it.
atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 15, 2017
I love working with East Jefferson General Hospital. It was my first real experience with medical assistant and front desk. The hardest part of my job is making sure everybody is on time and making sure that I have all the paperwork for the day done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I work by myself in the front
friendly workplace
Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 7, 2017
I love how the nurses are encouraged to be all that they can be, offering incentives to continue your education. Very friendly environment. decent benefits
Pros
small community hospital
Cons
patient to nurse ratio sometimes hard to maintain
Productive fast-paced environment
Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2017
It was a quick paced environment with lots of learning opportunities, I learned so many new things while I was an employee at East Jefferson General Hospital
Coworkers become like family.
Inpatient Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 29, 2017
Great place to work until you become injured on the job and the higher ups in management pull the rug out from under you, dropping health insurance on your entire family immediately.
Pros
Great environment and supervisors.
Cons
Treated like a warm body by highest management, should you become unable to work, due to on the job acquired injury.
Productive place to work.
Floor Tech/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 27, 2017
The task at East Jefferson were attainable and stress free. The management was great and thorough when giving every day task instructions. I would likely recommend friends to work here.