East Orange General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Acute care hospital that serves the community of it's location and surrounding cities
Staff RN (Par-diem) (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJuly 8, 2016
This hospital gave the opportunity to work as per diem staff by which I am able to acquire acute care skills for the period that I worked. I had hand on experience with acute patient while in school for advance nurse practice.
See below
Physician Volunteer/Observer (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJFebruary 22, 2016
Productive and engaging place to work with high patient load and broad diversity. A typical day at the Family Health Center involves conducting history taking and physical examinations, ordering tests, making diagnoses and offering treatment recommendations.
Performing basic ambulatory procedures.
Peer review and patient discussions with colleagues.
Pros
Weekly CMEs and great team. Wide range of patient load
Cons
The job kept us involved in difrent types of parades which was fun to do so we can be involved in the community.
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJSeptember 25, 2015
It was a very happy enviroment friendly and everyone was helpful.. It was very exciting working there it really pass the time away. My partner was very nice to work we both kept good comunication with each other
Lpn
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJOctober 8, 2015
Fun place to work, with supportive management. Under new management with the usual red tape politics, but this is to be expected. The most enjoyable part of my job ia working with my colleagues and serving the community on the daily basis.
Pros
working with the community
Cons
The unknown of the new change
I loved going to work everyday
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJAugust 14, 2015
A very comfortable and friendly place to work. Their is room for advancement both professionally and financially. The smiles greetings and professionalism of the staff not only from the Doctors and Nurses but also Maintenance all the way up to the CEO of the company. All the staff members are very supportive.
Pros
Always Room for advancement
Cons
Menu in the Lunch Room were not always appetizing
Great place to work for over 15 years
Specialty Purchaser Buyer (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJAugust 7, 2015
Typical day at work would consist of emails, phone calls to reps and vendors.
Processing out of stock products on a daily basis.
Speaking with my manager to improve the ordering process.
My co-workers are friendly and very courteous.
The hardest part of the job is just maintaining the inventory at status quo.
Most enjoyable part is just the people and speaking with new people everyday.
fast paced & challenging
Security Police Officer (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJOctober 5, 2015
posted on exits report writing and ensuring the staff and visitors safety for the most part i was dealing with unruly / psych patients on a daily basis so therefor no 2 days were ever the same
Low pay, manager power tripping, overwork of staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJSeptember 29, 2015
This facility is for nurses and others who cannot find employment any where else. Although there are some competent employees there is a high turnover rate due to management and overall bad working conditions. Consistently have issues with computer system, rude employees in most departments, and staff who generally seem to not care. Tuition reimbursement is shameful, no bonus for pay for performance, certification, etc. Advancement not an option unless you are liked, and only allowed to those who don't have the education or seniority required for the position. Here you find people "managing" others with higher credentials than themselves and "newbies" being given higher positions. Always short staffed of nurses because although there's no staffing ratio in NJ, the consensus among administration is that it's ok to give nurses 8, 9, and at times more patients. Run don't walk away from here, not worth the stress.
Pros
Ability to gain some experience
Cons
Almost non existent breaks, low pay, no advancement
Productive and fun workplace
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJOctober 5, 2015
Productive and fun workplace. A hospital with a very caring and a very hard working staff. It is indeed an organization where you will grow and learn as a professional.
Community hospital of East Orange, NJ
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJune 2, 2015
• Staff Nurse
Act as the charge or staff nurse as required in the Forensic Unit caring for both Medical and/or Psychiatric patients admitted to the hospital in the custody of law enforcement agencies. In addition to applying the nursing process for the care of the patients, coordinate of roles and responsibilities with the law enforcement officers onsite. Also coordinate among the physicians, hospital and law enforcement agency for the discharge and transportation of the patient while ensuring the rights and needs of the patients are met at all times.
productive and rewarding experience
Transporter (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJOctober 3, 2015
It was rewarding and the environment was a professional work place. Employees and staff went beyond trying to provide good quality healthcare services.
changes made, new owners bought company,workplace changed
coordinator/denials management (Former Employee) –  east orange, njJuly 21, 2015
was able to advance and grow in department. there were in house workshops between departments. Being a team player was always on top.
Pros
open door policy from supervisor
Cons
change in management
East Orange General
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJSeptember 16, 2015
Great atmosphere great place to work build relationships fast growing developing hospital. Very friendly family oriented work environment.
Going through some changes but we are trying to adjust and make it work
patient sitter (Current Employee) –  orane new jerseyApril 2, 2015
The hardest part of the day at work is trying to please everyone because sometimes you do not have all the answers. The best part however is hearing patients and their families thanking you for all your help or even by just giving a smile , they appreciate that. I've learned how to multi task . I thought I was a pro but a busy day on the floor showed me I wasn't as good as I thought. Our population is diverse which allows us to appreciate and value our differences. I enjoy most about my floor when we decided to work together to make sure our work gets done.
A very unprofessional work enviornment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJMarch 17, 2015
The actual work was very interesting and fun to do, I loved learning and getting everything done at the end of the day but between supervisors not handling certain issues correctly, letting personal their personal life affect working decisions, racial comments throughout the hospital and treating others unfairly because they are beneath them in ranking and making them feel uncomfortable I will never return to this hospital.
It is a good working environment.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJApril 2, 2015
Every day is a busy day at East Orange General Hospital, what I learned is that working together is the key for better patient care and for a workload relief. Management in general is trying to create safe and better environment for employees though there some lack of communication between management and employees. I enjoy going to work because of my coworkers, we are like a family. Working twelve hours without taking a break is very hard but that is like a usual routine at East Orange General Hospital. Most of enjoyable part of my job is to be able to make a different in someone's life through providing safe and appropriate nursing care by collaborating with physicians, coworkers and patients and families.
Pros
good relationship with my coworkers
Cons
minimal or no break time at all for nurses
I wouldnt recoomend this department
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJApril 30, 2015
I spent more time doing things that didn't pertain to my job than I spent doing my actual job. Management was very unorganized and there was a period where there was no management at all.
Pros
it was walking distance from home.
Cons
there was no room for growth. and very little organization
Don't quit your job.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJDecember 7, 2014
Receptors are nurses with little experience,a year out of school. Very mean and omit information. Manager nurses have only bachelors at best. Computers don't work, employees in average stay a year or even less, then move on. There is no chance for advancement, strong favoritism to a particular people ( tribalizing). Managers fire people at whim if they don't like one. Very power hungry and controlling.Totally non flexible with schedule. Bullying is rampant and hostile work environment facilitated by the management. Please do not leave your current job to go there. They also being sold to another company this year. Maybe things will change. I witnessed many nurses being victimized at this place.
Education department is OK.
Pros
education department
Cons
everything else
Nice co-workers, always kept busy.
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJSeptember 13, 2014
A typical work day for me was coming into work and signing in. I would go to my station and greet and be greeted by all my fellow co-workers. I would wait for my manager to give me my assignment. The manage liked her papers vey organized. She was nice but always kept me busy. The hardest part of my job was all the paper work that I had to file and put away. I worked for about five hours a day Monday through Thursday from 8:30 in the morning to 1:30 in the afternoon. At 1:30 I would sign out and go home.
Pros
free lunch and breakfast
Cons
short breaks
great facility
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJJuly 8, 2015
This is a great facility, I would recommend anyone to come to this hospital. However, it could use a few improvements with the equipment.

East Orange General Hospital Reviews by Location