East Orange General Hospital Employee Reviews

phlebotomist/lab assist.
Lab Aide/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJAugust 10, 2017
Drawing blood from patient admitted into the hospital. Sending out specimens collected to lab corp. Hospital environment consisting of 5 floors. Worked in the outpatient dept on occasions.
The services and programs rendered were vital in meeting the needs of the most vulnerable population within the community.
Senior Clinical Case Manager | S H P & S+C Program (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJuly 29, 2017
East Orange General Hospital served as the catalyst to move consumers from homeless to supportive services in order for them to be mainstreamed back into society in order to live a productive life.
Pros
Servicing the least and the less fortunate
Cons
limited services and non cpmpliant consumers
Exciting Environment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJuly 17, 2017
We never had down time every patient that came in to seek medical help was treated with dignity and respect seeing people in pain was difficult but once they were treated and comfortable i felt relieved
Pros
Helping sick people was so heartwarming
Cons
discharging expired patients gave me sorrow
East Orange
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJuly 12, 2017
Nice place to work,staffs are receptive. It is a great place to work. i enjoy working there. The culture is great. It is always busy, productive, and fun workplace.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Incentives
Excellent place to work
Registered Vascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJuly 12, 2017
Excellent work place culture, easy and friendly personnel to work with. Would recommend to work at this hospital to any one who like to do so.
Work place is fast paced but satisfying.
Friendly place to work but lacked in advancements
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJune 30, 2017
Friendly/family atmosphere worked as a team, Doctors and Nurses worked well with Registration Department.
Salary was not up to code, Not much room for advancements.
Pros
Friendly/Family atmosphere
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Great experiences
Imaging Tech (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJJune 19, 2017
I have worked with a lot of great people. Staff is very knowledgeable. People are eager to teach as long as you are eager to learn. It can get very busy but being busy is better than sitting around doing nothing.
Productive workplace
Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJune 7, 2017
When I worked at East Orange General Hospital it was very good vibes. I learned how to do office work and how to be a clerk.The workplace culture was excellent. the hardest part of the job was answering the telephone. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people and feeling comfortable around them.
Pros
generous people, able to have good lunch
Cons
kind of cold
Fair
Hyperbaric Technician (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJMay 26, 2017
Different diversity of people working there, typical day at work is slow paced work. I learn time management, hardest part of my job is getting venipuncture from obese patiences.
fun workplace
ER Technician-Part Time (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJApril 20, 2017
you will gain some experience in the ER. The satff is very dedicated. They have been there for years. They will help you in any way they can. It is a small hospital but you learn, and you will enjoy your time spent there
Pros
the staff is great
Cons
the compensation is not so great
communication, and staff work well with each other making it a great place to work at.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJApril 17, 2017
East Orange is growing in its reputation. the supervisors are constant in there work ethics. i enjoy working here, the people are fun and kind. staff focus is to get the mission complete. working there has improved my overall moral in life. I'm happy for the experience East Orange has provide me.
Pros
Pto
Physician Liasion
Physician Liasion/Lead Scanning Tech/HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJanuary 6, 2017
Retrieve requests for PHI
File and retrieve medical record charts and scanned reports
Manage photocopying and fax materials in accordance with federal and state guidelines and statutes.
Review medical records for completeness, and file records accordingly.
Coordinates assembly and analysis of records into standard order, and file records in designated areas according to applicable alphabetic and numeric filing system
Analyze and assign deficiencies to electronic medical records, while exceeding minimum accuracy standards.
Assist visitors and physicians, and answer the telephone as needed.
Index and review all scanned reports for accuracy, legibility, and appropriate identification.
Pros
community based
Cons
wages
Great Work Environment, Patient Friendly
Unit Secretary(Clerk) (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJDecember 7, 2016
Nice place to work and grow in your profession. Staff is very friendly. Provides great service. Physicians are nice. From the moment you walk into the hospital you are greeted by the friendly concierge staff. The hospital is constantly building and improving.
Amazing workplace that taught new things
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJNovember 1, 2016
A typical day at work began with me filing patient information into the hospitals system. I worked in the radiology department therefore I worked closely with mammogram patients and was even taught how to read a mammogram. The comradery amongst my co workers and I was amazing. Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful, and willing to take time in order to teach me any necessary skills. Even how to work a fax machine! I enjoyed watching the doctors as they were in action and going about their day- it gave me an idea of what life was like for doctors, as I aspire to become one someday. The only fault I found in the job was not being as involved in what went on around the office, but it was only because I did not have the necessary experience.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible schedule, free advice
Acute care hospital that serves the community of it's location and surrounding cities
Staff RN (Par-diem) (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJuly 8, 2016
This hospital gave the opportunity to work as per diem staff by which I am able to acquire acute care skills for the period that I worked. I had hand on experience with acute patient while in school for advance nurse practice.
Very productive work space
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJMarch 7, 2016
I did enjoy my time at EOGH ut do to health reasons I had to leave.
Now looking to get back in the work force.
I am a hard worker use to a stead fast pace, work very well with others.
See below
Physician Volunteer/Observer (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJFebruary 22, 2016
Productive and engaging place to work with high patient load and broad diversity. A typical day at the Family Health Center involves conducting history taking and physical examinations, ordering tests, making diagnoses and offering treatment recommendations.
Performing basic ambulatory procedures.
Peer review and patient discussions with colleagues.
Pros
Weekly CMEs and great team. Wide range of patient load
Lpn
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJOctober 8, 2015
Fun place to work, with supportive management. Under new management with the usual red tape politics, but this is to be expected. The most enjoyable part of my job ia working with my colleagues and serving the community on the daily basis.
Pros
working with the community
Cons
The unknown of the new change
Productive and fun workplace
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJOctober 5, 2015
Productive and fun workplace. A hospital with a very caring and a very hard working staff. It is indeed an organization where you will grow and learn as a professional.
fast paced & challenging
Security Police Officer (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJOctober 5, 2015
posted on exits report writing and ensuring the staff and visitors safety for the most part i was dealing with unruly / psych patients on a daily basis so therefor no 2 days were ever the same

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Orange General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

East Orange General Hospital Reviews by Location