East Orange General Hospital Employee Review

View all East Orange General Hospital reviews

Stressful environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJJune 5, 2014
Typical day at work involves dealing with a lot of difficult patients, family members and even doctors as well. I have learned to be tough at this facility as the saying that "nurses eat their young" is true for this facility, although it is not only the nurses who do it but the doctors as well. Hardest part of the job is keeping calm and collected when patients are getting verbally abusive which happens quite often. The most enjoyable part is when you have patients who are very appreciative and thankful for the work that we nurses do for them.

Other East Orange General Hospital Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJanuary 14, 2018
This struggling community hospital was taken over by a for profit entity that functions as a corporation versus caring for individuals in a low income, culturally diverse area that desperately depend on it's services. Staff are over worked and under appreciated. The company mentality is do more with less and disregard the staff and patient experience as long as the financial gain is pleasing to the corporate stakeholders. Executive management are not vested in providing quality patient care and can care less how their decisions based on monetary gain affect the employees or more importantly the community and patients that so desperately depend on the services.
Pros
Cons
poor management, corporate mentality, staff disrespect, condescending and disrespectful exceutive management, no opportunities for career advancememnt, horrible benefits
The most enjoyable part of the job
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJJanuary 8, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with different people. I enjoy helping others so me working in the security department helps me to help the patients, their family members and the staff.
Pros
Helping people, and learniing a lot through trainings.
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Orange General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

East Orange General Hospital Reviews by Location