East Orange General Hospital Employee Reviews

I loved going to work everyday
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee), East Orange, NJAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Always Room for advancement
Cons: Menu in the Lunch Room were not always appetizing
A very comfortable and friendly place to work. Their is room for advancement both professionally and financially. The smiles greetings and professionalism of the staff not only from the Doctors and Nurses but also Maintenance all the way up to the CEO of the company. All the staff members are very supportive.
Great place to work for over 15 years
Specialty Purchaser Buyer (Current Employee), East Orange, NJAugust 7, 2015
Typical day at work would consist of emails, phone calls to reps and vendors.
Processing out of stock products on a daily basis.
Speaking with my manager to improve the ordering process.
My co-workers are friendly and very courteous.
The hardest part of the job is just maintaining the inventory at status quo.
Most enjoyable part is just the people and speaking with new people everyday.
changes made, new owners bought company,workplace changed
coordinator/denials management (Former Employee), east orange, njJuly 21, 2015
Pros: open door policy from supervisor
Cons: change in management
was able to advance and grow in department. there were in house workshops between departments. Being a team player was always on top.
great facility
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), East Orange, NJJuly 8, 2015
This is a great facility, I would recommend anyone to come to this hospital. However, it could use a few improvements with the equipment.
Community hospital of East Orange, NJ
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), East Orange, NJJune 2, 2015
• Staff Nurse
Act as the charge or staff nurse as required in the Forensic Unit caring for both Medical and/or Psychiatric patients admitted to the hospital in the custody of law enforcement agencies. In addition to applying the nursing process for the care of the patients, coordinate of roles and responsibilities with the law enforcement officers onsite. Also coordinate among the physicians, hospital and law enforcement agency for the discharge and transportation of the patient while ensuring the rights and needs of the patients are met at all times.
Enjoyed working at the organization
DIRECTOR OF CONTINUING CARE (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMay 12, 2015
I learned a lot while employed at the organization. My typical day is busy, but I love knowing that patients are cared for by competent staff.
I wouldnt recoomend this department
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), East Orange, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: it was walking distance from home.
Cons: there was no room for growth. and very little organization
I SPENT MORE TIME DOING THINGS THAT DIDN'T PERTAIN TO MY JOB THAN I SPENT DOING MY ACTUAL JOB. MANAGEMENT WAS VERY UNORGANIZED AND THERE WAS A PERIOD WHERE THERE WAS NO MANAGEMENT AT ALL.
Very Productive
Surgical Tech (Current Employee), East Orange, NJApril 26, 2015
Highly skilled surgical team that works well with everyone and they have each others back to make sure the patient goes through a successful operation.
nice plase to work
hemodialysis tech. (Current Employee), East Orange, NJApril 7, 2015
i like to work there but is to far for me.my coo workers is very good and my management. i get it experience to work i n dialysis in the hospital.
It is a good working environment.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), East Orange, NJApril 2, 2015
Pros: good relationship with my coworkers
Cons: minimal or no break time at all for nurses
Every day is a busy day at East Orange General Hospital, what I learned is that working together is the key for better patient care and for a workload relief. Management in general is trying to create safe and better environment for employees though there some lack of communication between management and employees. I enjoy going to work because of my coworkers, we are like a family. Working twelve hours without taking a break is very hard but that is like a usual routine at East Orange General Hospital. Most of enjoyable part of my job is to be able to make a different in someone's life through providing safe and appropriate nursing care by collaborating with physicians, coworkers and patients and families.
Going through some changes but we are trying to adjust and make it work
patient sitter (Current Employee), orane new jerseyApril 2, 2015
The hardest part of the day at work is trying to please everyone because sometimes you do not have all the answers. The best part however is hearing patients and their families thanking you for all your help or even by just giving a smile , they appreciate that. I've learned how to multi task . I thought I was a pro but a busy day on the floor showed me I wasn't as good as I thought. Our population is diverse which allows us to appreciate and value our differences. I enjoy most about my floor when we decided to work together to make sure our work gets done.
A very unprofessional work enviornment
Volunteer (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMarch 17, 2015
The actual work was very interesting and fun to do, I loved learning and getting everything done at the end of the day but between supervisors not handling certain issues correctly, letting personal their personal life affect working decisions, racial comments throughout the hospital and treating others unfairly because they are beneath them in ranking and making them feel uncomfortable I will never return to this hospital.
Productive work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMarch 11, 2015
Scheduled all patient endoscopy and surgery procedures. Along with other Clerical and Administrative duties. Great work environment, Friendly family oriented staff.
lot of fun
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good lunch at times
Cons: short breaks
go to work, take the assignment, good help and co-operation from Manager, very relaxed, colleagues are very friendly. I really enjoyed working over here
Performance at EOGH.
Storerrom Clerk/ Supervisor CSR. (Former Employee), East Orange, NJFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day at work begins with me taking inventory of items that need to be ordered. Once done I place whatever orders needed. Make sure nursing units are supplied. Delegate responsibilities cycle count then clean my work environment. Finally towards the end of the day I enter items in the computer to charge to said units. I've learned over the years to strategize ways to make the supply chain easier, – more... knowing that change is inevitable so when it comes I move with the cheese. I've completed the MAP training course and have built many positive relationships while there. Management helped me to understand different techniques to use in solving problems with minimum conflict. They provided educational opportunities for me to grow and I'm forever grateful. Co workers were family we established a family oriented environment and kept it. The hardest part to the job was maintaining inventory because we're not there all the time and staff would come into the Dept, while we're gone and take items without leaving a note or message and it would throw my count off from time to time. The most enjoyable part to the job was the successful inventories we had they're parties, the food was good and overall it was a nice place to work. – less
Productive work experience.
Licensed Practical Nurse Student (Former Employee), East Orange, NJFebruary 6, 2015
Everyday was an adventure, there was always something you can do to help your patients. The different departments were willing to let you gain experience and put what you learned at school to work.
Workplace Politics
IT Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee), East Orange, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: rotating schedule, working in it
Cons: management, conflict resolutions
East Orange General is a nice place to work if you love the type of work your doing...The pay is low and work place politics and conflict between manager and employees are high....I
Don't quit your job.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), East Orange, NJDecember 7, 2014
Pros: education department
Cons: everything else
Receptors are nurses with little experience,a year out of school. Very mean and omit information. Manager nurses have only bachelors at best. Computers don't work, employees in average stay a year or even less, then move on. There is no chance for advancement, strong favoritism to a particular people ( tribalizing). Managers fire people at whim if they don't like one. Very power hungry and controlling.Totally non flexible with schedule. Bullying is rampant and hostile work environment facilitated by the management. Please do not leave your current job to go there. They also being sold to another company this year. Maybe things will change. I witnessed many nurses being victimized at this place.
Education department is OK.
Very good work experience working with a diverse population
Mental Health Clinician/Screener (Part-Time) (Current Employee), East Orange, NJSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: reasonably priced lunches, educational incentives
Cons: very little
Please see my resume. Decent work environment much experience to be gain in this location.
Nice co-workers, always kept busy.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), East Orange, NJSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch and breakfast
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day for me was coming into work and signing in. I would go to my station and greet and be greeted by all my fellow co-workers. I would wait for my manager to give me my assignment. The manage liked her papers vey organized. She was nice but always kept me busy. The hardest part of my job was all the paper work that I had to file and put away. I worked for about five hours a day Monday through Thursday from 8:30 in the morning to 1:30 in the afternoon. At 1:30 I would sign out and go home.
Headquarters