East Orange General Hospital

East Orange General Hospital Employer Reviews

Very good company to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), East Orange, NJOctober 23, 2013
Had opportunity to work in an environment that offered me the chance to put my learned skills into use and also learned new skills.
This was a productive workplace
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit/Oncology (Former Employee), East Orange, NJOctober 21, 2013
Pros: on site learning and demonstration and opportunities for advancement
Morning report/shift change. Administer meds. orally, IV and Via G. Tube. Insert foley catheters, hep lock, access port a caths., transfuse blood, wound care and changed dressing. Supportive co-workers. Its was sad to see patients with degenerative conditions. I was happy to learn something new each day.
Productive and friendly work environment with advancement opportunity.
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee), East Orange, NJOctober 20, 2013
Workdays are usually smooth if the right person working at the right spot. A person can learn a lot. Communication between workers is great. Management is really looking forward to hear opinions to improve work environment.
Great place to work.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), East Orange, NJOctober 8, 2013
I really enjoyed my time at East Orange General Hospital.

Great co-workers and the best Supervisor I ever had.
oportunities for advancement
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee), East Orange, NJOctober 1, 2013
Pros: paid lunch if not taken
Cons: codes can be called at any time
Fast paced environment, where a patient situation changes in an instant You have to be on your toes to run to any situation when there is a change in a patient's condition.
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning all patient and nursing stations
Housekeeper (Former Employee), East Orange, NJAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free exercise gym area
Cons: no room for advancement
I had great mentors that helped me excel at my position. I also worked with co-workers that worked just as hard as I did. We all got along well. I believe that the hardest part of the job was not being recognized for my achievements.
Productive work place
Mental Health Aide (Current Employee), East Orange, NJJuly 31, 2013
Good working envionment. I learned the power of team work. Managment was sturn but fair.
Calming Points during a storm
Mental Health Counselor-Crisis Unit (Current Employee), East Orange, NJJune 7, 2013
A typical day at work in the crisis unit is never dull, it is an environment that requires one to be on their toes. The unit itself is comprised of well-informed individuals that work collaboratively to assess and screen patients who may be expressing symptoms of acute mental illness. In the brief time that I have been there, I have learned how valuable – more... it is to be in a department that fosters a team effort to address the presenting needs of patients. My co-workers are informative and supportive of one another, and treat patients with courteousy and respect. The hardest part of the job is having to avoid injury if a patient becomes violent. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that each day presents a forum for professional development. – less
Fun and Family oriented work environment with ample opportunities to learn.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), East Orange, NJJune 6, 2013
As a PCT at EOGH the work day consist of obtaining and recording patient vitals,record patient input/output, and patient hygiene. Because of the family type of environment in the hospital, it has been easy for me to improve my interpersonal skills and team work abilities.
friendly enviroment
Volunteer (Runner) (Former Employee), East Orange, NJJune 1, 2013
Pros: friendly staff, friendly patient, with wide options
In the emergency room theres always action. I learned to be on my toes at all times. The hardest part of the job is really nothing it was a great experience. The was very enjoyable.
Nice place to work!
Dietary Cook (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMay 20, 2013
It was a great environment to work in. The employees were easy to work with and management was helpful.
I have worked for EOGH for over20 years and I enjoyed working their because of the atmostphere.
RN (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMay 9, 2013
Pros: most coworkers are friendly and mangers will work with you and scheduling
Cons: many coworkers are not team workers.
The best think I like about EOGH was taking care of the patients then comes the family felt atmosphere. A typical shift for starts with taking report then checking on my patients , prepare the appropiate patients if neededfor testing, give meds and do ongoing assestment for change in patient's status. Monitor vitals every 1-2 hours or more frequent – more... if needed. I would also be in charge at times so I would cover other nurses and their situations. I learned how to be a good charge nurse. – less
Supportive team and great environment to work in
Systems Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee), East Orange, New JerseyMay 8, 2013
There was never a dull moment. I worked on multiple projects involving multiple departments. There was always something new to work on, I was never bored there. My co-workers were very supportive, very nice. The hardest part of the job sometimes had to do with receiving data from nurse managers a bit late because I had to compile a monthly report for – more... the quality department. The most enjoyable part was probably the yearly employee picnic. – less
Friendly and efficient work atmosphere.
Vascular Technologist (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMay 5, 2013
Pros: friendly and efficient co-workers.
Cons: many psychological patients and prisoners from local incarceration units.
Standard vascular studies; venous, carotids and arterials, but no complex pathology due to lack of a Cardiac Cath. Lab.
Fun environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), East Orange, NJMarch 12, 2013
Great place to grow each day was exciting and new the management was very attentative.
Pleasant Environment
Admitting & Registration (Volunteer) (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMarch 11, 2013
Pros: the patients
Cons: some of the co-workers
It was peaceful and tranquil. I learned the different aspects of the human condition and what is required to maintain calm patients. Management was okay on many levels but there is always that one who does not embrace newness or change. My co-workers were exactly that, we kept everything business without involving our personal business. The hardest – more... part of the job was having to learn what was needed for yourself because others were very reluctant to step in and lend a hand. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the day, knowing that you helped at least one person was a great feeling. – less
East Orange General Hospital
Volunteer (Human Resource) (Former Employee), East Orange, NJJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: gaining clerical experiences
Cons: running out of work sometimes.
A typical day at work would be filing paper, xerox usage and mailing out post card. Co-workers are ease to work with, the hardest part of the work is that it get too slow on some days sometime running out of work to do and having to go home early.
A Productive Work Place
Volunteer (Former Employee), East Orange, NJDecember 12, 2012
Pros: free breakfast and lunch and free member to the gym
General office work, filing and faxing papers. restocking the filing cabnets. Made sure patients felt welcomed when they come in to the hospital for a stay or a visit. I enjoyed the job because it was to build some experiance in the hospital environment.
good place to work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), East Orange, NJNovember 28, 2012
Pros: days off with pay
Cons: too many ppl doind your job and not their own
i enjoyed working with the patients and majority of the doctors at eogh
the only isssue i seen was the managers for the unit clerks and nurses were out for self
Worked with other psychiatric nurses. Stimulating place to work.
Charge Nurse Involuntary Unit (Former Employee), East Orange, NJNovember 10, 2012
Pros: took examination to become certified as psychiatric nurse and achieved the certificatio.
Cons: short term revolving door psychiatric unit.
Was promoted from staff nurse to charge nurse of in patient setting for committed patients. Able to work with patients and their families in psychiatric setting.

About East Orange General Hospital

East Orange General Hospital is an independent, fully accredited, acute care hospital located in East Orange, New Jersey. East – Read more