East Orange General Hospital

East Orange General Hospital Employer Reviews

Not a likeable place to work at, but a very nice nurse manager.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), East Orange, NJDecember 16, 2013
Pros: nice manager.
Cons: not a likeable place to work at.
We start with taking the patients vital signs, the hospital equipment was very old we needed too use. In the summer time their was no air conditioning, we had to use huge fans that was blowing hot air. The most enjoyable part was working for my nurse manager, she was SUPER nice to her staff at all times.
comfortable work place
Operating Room First Assistant (Current Employee), East Orange, NJNovember 26, 2013
I enjoy working at EOGH where I help as first assistant in OR as needed.
It is a family like work environment; everyone help eachother to get the work done. Teamwork is the most enjoyable part of the job.
A challenging and productive work place
RN, Medical Surgical Unit (Current Employee), East Orange, NJNovember 23, 2013
EOGH is a formidable organization with a strong philosophy of transitioning quality patient care to bedside. It specializes in the area of medical and surgical care, cardiovascular and psychiatric care. As an RN working in the medical surgical unit, EOGH provides support and training to ensure strict compliance with core measures and regulations.
BUSY AS BEES
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Current Employee), East Orange, NJNovember 6, 2013
COMING IN TO GREET EVERYONE. I DON'T HAVE BEAKFAST MOST OF THE TIME BECAUSE I GET RIGHT TO WORK. THE STAFF IS VERY BUSY, AND WITH THAT IT CAN BE A LITTLE FRUSTRATING WHEN THE STAFF WANTS TO GIVE VERY LITTLE ATTENTION WHEN I HAVE A QUESTION OR NEED HELP WITH SOMETHING. THE TEAM WORK IS THERE, BUT IT CAN BE BETTER. THERE A NEED FOR BALANCE INSIDE THE – more... DEPT. AND WITH THAT, THE WORK CAN BECOME ALOT EASIER. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS WHEN THE EMPLOYEES IN THE HOSPITAL GET TOGETHER DURING THE SUMMER FOR A BARBEQUE AND RELAX FOR A LITTLE WHILE. – less
Very good company to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), East Orange, NJOctober 23, 2013
Had opportunity to work in an environment that offered me the chance to put my learned skills into use and also learned new skills.
This was a productive workplace
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit/Oncology (Former Employee), East Orange, NJOctober 21, 2013
Pros: on site learning and demonstration and opportunities for advancement
Morning report/shift change. Administer meds. orally, IV and Via G. Tube. Insert foley catheters, hep lock, access port a caths., transfuse blood, wound care and changed dressing. Supportive co-workers. Its was sad to see patients with degenerative conditions. I was happy to learn something new each day.
Productive and friendly work environment with advancement opportunity.
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee), East Orange, NJOctober 20, 2013
Workdays are usually smooth if the right person working at the right spot. A person can learn a lot. Communication between workers is great. Management is really looking forward to hear opinions to improve work environment.
Great place to work.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), East Orange, NJOctober 8, 2013
I really enjoyed my time at East Orange General Hospital.

Great co-workers and the best Supervisor I ever had.
oportunities for advancement
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee), East Orange, NJOctober 1, 2013
Pros: paid lunch if not taken
Cons: codes can be called at any time
Fast paced environment, where a patient situation changes in an instant You have to be on your toes to run to any situation when there is a change in a patient's condition.
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning all patient and nursing stations
Housekeeper (Former Employee), East Orange, NJAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free exercise gym area
Cons: no room for advancement
I had great mentors that helped me excel at my position. I also worked with co-workers that worked just as hard as I did. We all got along well. I believe that the hardest part of the job was not being recognized for my achievements.
Productive work place
Mental Health Aide (Current Employee), East Orange, NJJuly 31, 2013
Good working envionment. I learned the power of team work. Managment was sturn but fair.
Calming Points during a storm
Mental Health Counselor-Crisis Unit (Current Employee), East Orange, NJJune 7, 2013
A typical day at work in the crisis unit is never dull, it is an environment that requires one to be on their toes. The unit itself is comprised of well-informed individuals that work collaboratively to assess and screen patients who may be expressing symptoms of acute mental illness. In the brief time that I have been there, I have learned how valuable – more... it is to be in a department that fosters a team effort to address the presenting needs of patients. My co-workers are informative and supportive of one another, and treat patients with courteousy and respect. The hardest part of the job is having to avoid injury if a patient becomes violent. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that each day presents a forum for professional development. – less
Fun and Family oriented work environment with ample opportunities to learn.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), East Orange, NJJune 6, 2013
As a PCT at EOGH the work day consist of obtaining and recording patient vitals,record patient input/output, and patient hygiene. Because of the family type of environment in the hospital, it has been easy for me to improve my interpersonal skills and team work abilities.
friendly enviroment
Volunteer (Runner) (Former Employee), East Orange, NJJune 1, 2013
Pros: friendly staff, friendly patient, with wide options
In the emergency room theres always action. I learned to be on my toes at all times. The hardest part of the job is really nothing it was a great experience. The was very enjoyable.
Nice place to work!
Dietary Cook (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMay 20, 2013
It was a great environment to work in. The employees were easy to work with and management was helpful.
I have worked for EOGH for over20 years and I enjoyed working their because of the atmostphere.
RN (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMay 9, 2013
Pros: most coworkers are friendly and mangers will work with you and scheduling
Cons: many coworkers are not team workers.
The best think I like about EOGH was taking care of the patients then comes the family felt atmosphere. A typical shift for starts with taking report then checking on my patients , prepare the appropiate patients if neededfor testing, give meds and do ongoing assestment for change in patient's status. Monitor vitals every 1-2 hours or more frequent – more... if needed. I would also be in charge at times so I would cover other nurses and their situations. I learned how to be a good charge nurse. – less
Supportive team and great environment to work in
Systems Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee), East Orange, New JerseyMay 8, 2013
There was never a dull moment. I worked on multiple projects involving multiple departments. There was always something new to work on, I was never bored there. My co-workers were very supportive, very nice. The hardest part of the job sometimes had to do with receiving data from nurse managers a bit late because I had to compile a monthly report for – more... the quality department. The most enjoyable part was probably the yearly employee picnic. – less
Friendly and efficient work atmosphere.
Vascular Technologist (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMay 5, 2013
Pros: friendly and efficient co-workers.
Cons: many psychological patients and prisoners from local incarceration units.
Standard vascular studies; venous, carotids and arterials, but no complex pathology due to lack of a Cardiac Cath. Lab.
Emergency Room Charge Nurse
ER Charge Nurse/Professional Practice Chair (Former Employee), USAApril 29, 2013
Maintaining standard of Nursing Practice. Providing emergency care
Fun environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), East Orange, NJMarch 12, 2013
Great place to grow each day was exciting and new the management was very attentative.

About East Orange General Hospital

East Orange General Hospital is an independent, fully accredited, acute care hospital located in East Orange, New Jersey. East – Read more