East Penn Manufacturing

East Penn Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Great Atmosphere
Logistics Intern (Former Employee), Lyons, PaMay 18, 2015
Best working atmosphere you will ever come across. One big family from floor shop manager all the way up to CEO. Great people, great products, everything is great.
good solid company, excellent benefits
Material Handler (Current Employee), Lyons, PAApril 28, 2015
good family owned bussiness. Fellow employees are nice to work with. over all a decent place to work. Has expanded a lot over the last several years
eh
Formation Room Operator (Former Employee), Fleetwood, PAApril 23, 2015
Pros: $500 paycheck
Cons: everything else
pros: nice paycheck

cons: fast paced and they don't care about you on a personal level
trainers were switched every 2 days. never got to learn job
Challenging but great experience
Acid Filler (Former Employee), Lyons, PAApril 21, 2015
I would walk in the morning and punch in, go to my station and set up the line before my line co-workers showed up. We have two 20 minute breaks and 15 minutes to shower at the end of the shift. I use to run between 3000 and 5500 batteries a day off my line which is good.
GREAT JOB
CDL Class A Route Driver (Current Employee), Ashland, VAApril 19, 2015
Very good co-workers. Routes are very good. Minimum micro management. The ability to interact with the day to day customers.
high turnover of it's employees
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lyons, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: ok pay check
Cons: very high turnover
the training is not what it should be with a high turn over of employment the company could focus more on its training vs hiring more employees that normally don't last more then one year
Fun workplace with the people i work with
manufacturer/ outside tow motor operator (Former Employee), Lyons, PAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good pay
Cons: working with other shifts not always working as a team
My normal day started with taking lead orders from different plants. Then my partner and i would start loading trailers and sending them out. Once the rail cars came i worked with the conductors by setting the rail cars in specific docks, so they could be unloaded. Once they were set i chalked the rail cars and started opening the doors. I used a forklift to unload the cars and i either put the lead in a specific area and stacked it or i put the lead on the trailers and shipped them out to buildings that needed the lead.
Productive and fun work enciorment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fleetwood, PAMarch 21, 2015
Everything was great. Co- workers were helpful. I've learned to work more as a team. Management was great. I don't really thing there was anything hard about this job. Just working and getting paid.
Large Company with Supportive Employee Approach.
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee), Lyons, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: employee supportive programs.
Cons: poor management.
I felt the company made genuine efforts for employee supportive activities. I feel they fell short with poor management. Good management was subject to the rogue attitudes of the poor management. In the balance, employees were used as pawns.
Mechanical Work
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Lyons, PAFebruary 2, 2015
Daily preventive maintenance work orders, also labor of lifting moving working with others, assigned work orders for break downs. general labor and keep up on machines to keep them running for production.
Production
Molding Floater (Current Employee), Lyons, PAJanuary 27, 2015
East Penn is a family owned business producing batteries for 65 years and counting. I work 3rd shift with amazing co-workers and floor leaders. The hardest part is the beginning of the night, with filling out the machines first piece while maintaining the machines running smoothly, clearing out the tables and keeping an eye on the parts to maintain scrap levels down. However, having awesome co-workers makes our nights working together a fun experience every night.
Labor intensive
enveloper (Former Employee), lyon station PaJanuary 23, 2015
Very good place to work. Very labor intensive. It is a dirty job but it pays very well
machine operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee), lyons station paJanuary 20, 2015
A day at deka would be getting first piece an completing that.What that is a qa paper that we have to go by.Run an operate the machine u were put on.You had to work as a team to run the machines the right way to put out good product.It was fast pace an had to keep up.Management never bothered u in less u needed something.Co workers we good.The hardest part was loading the separator.And going home was the best.
Great pay
material handler (Former Employee), Fleetwood, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: awesome pay
Cons: hard work, no life
Hard work fast paced public showers and a lot of Lead but great pay and 401k blood test every 6 weeks and pretty interesting people to say the least.
Not a "forward thinking" company
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lyons Station, PAJanuary 7, 2015
When a problem arises within the company, they're more concerned with applying a "band aid" than to resolve the actual issue. They also have no interest in acknowledging the workers that go above and beyond for the well-being of the company.
Examine inside of Car Battery
Quality Auditor (Current Employee), Fleetwood, PADecember 4, 2014
On a typical day at East Penn Manufacturing I am a Quality Auditor in the COS department where I examine the inside of a car battery and make sure they operators are making them up to our quality standards. I have 14 machines I check and a total of about 40 people whom report to me of any issues they are having with the plates, envelopes, cases and straps that are all apart of the batteries. I enjoy being the "go to person" when problems occur and being able to figure out how to solve the problems and help them create the best product possible. I communicate with my supervisor when there is a large crisis other than that most decisions are done through me on the floor. I must record everything I do on the computer as well as any problems that occur must go through our "Redtag" program. I also deal with SPC training as well as 5s training. The hardest part is probably when a huge issue occurs and getting all the communication to the right people to make the best decision at hand because it is such a huge company communication can get lost at times. I am a very outgoing person so communication is not hard for me to do as well as getting along with all of my co-workers whom are of a variety of gender and ethnicity.
great company to work for
Heat seal operator (Former Employee), Lyons, PAOctober 29, 2014
in the past 7yrs of me working for that company it was one of many best time good coworkers and very strict
Awesome place to work, became like family to me
Plant Secretary (Former Employee), Fleetwood, PAOctober 28, 2014
East Penn was an amazing place to work. My coworkers became my family.
Unhappy with employment
Dry Charge Operator (Current Employee), Lyons, PAOctober 4, 2014
Terrible management
Advancment is by who you know
Unfair selection of special training for advancment

Good pay compared to most
Health benifits on and off site are awesome
Very productive and demanding, great people to work with and amazing work atmosphere
Battery Technician (Former Employee), Lyon Station, PASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: special lunch days, extended lunches and potluck lunches
Cons: very hot
Typically, I would go to battery line that was assigned to me, then I’ll check on the computer to see the quota that needed to be made then make my perpetrations needed to get started. What I learned from working at East Penn Manufacturing was how to be organized and work head. In this job, I had the opportunity to make much different type of batteries and I had the responsibility to prepare for a new setup for the next battery type so that production wouldn’t be disrupted. Also I learned how to improvise. It wasn’t unusual for your machine to break down, you can call maintenance and they’ll come and fix the problem. Usually it would take them about 20 to 30 minutes to show up so what I would do is figure out how to fix the problem before maintenance arrived, if they were taking to long. I was only able to do this if there was not a major repair that needed.
The management was very helpful in assisting you with any problems or situation presented to them. Whether it be with (PPE) Personal Protection Equipment, a line that was down, family emergency or punch out machine. Management was always busy but always found the way to meet the employee’s needs.
My co-workers were great; a lot of them made the time go faster and made an exciting work atmosphere. We were all very helpful to each other, whether we were on the same line or not. We all worked as a team, if I was done with the work I was doing in my line I would go to someone else’s line to assist them in whatever they needed help in, until the new set of batteries were ready to be made or my line was operational. Everyone worked with each other this way.
The hardest part about the job I would have to say is that some days were hotter than others were. Also the machinery wasn’t in the best shape, so there were days where production would slow down because of the machines braking down so often. There was nothing you could do about it until you were moved to another line.

1 2 3 4

About East Penn Manufacturing

East Penn Manufacturing has charged forward to become one of the US's leading makers of lead-acid batteries for the stationary, – Read more

East Penn Manufacturing Salaries