East Penn Manufacturing

East Penn Manufacturing Employee Reviews in United States

productive company
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Lyon Station, PAJuly 16, 2016
this company was a good place to work, good benefits. this company i learned to operate a en extruder machine. coworkers were very friendly.
Great Benefits
Case Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Lyon Station, PA 19536July 7, 2016
A typical day working at East Penn Mfg was hot as there was no air conditioning in the plant but it was bearable due to fan placement. I learned the necessity to keep up with my work. Management is good, my co-workers great. The hardest part of the job was the heat. The most enjoyable part of being employed by East Penn Mfg was the co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
Heat
Not the greatest Job Ive had
Envloper (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 30, 2016
Worked Piece rate, so everyone is money hungry, if you mess up you will know because everyone will tell you, boring work doing th same thing your whole shift
Employee conscious
Computer Operator/Data Entry/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Lyon Station, PAJune 21, 2016
Consciencous of employee welfare. Environment is production oriented and employee safety. They treat their employees to lunches, picnics, special treats for jobs well done.
Pros
Free lunches, free picnics, bonuses
Cons
No lead way for tardiness or slander
productive place to work
former operator (Former Employee) –  Lyonstown, PAJune 9, 2016
Working in EastPenn Manufacturing is great. They provide great benefits and also they try their best to provide the best security possible.
work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lyon Station, PAApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed the day to day process of work it was a great company to work for . I would recommend it to anyone it is a great place to work
enjoyed working there and the company does treat the help good.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Oelwein, IAApril 20, 2016
fast pace none stop and ya worked as teams loading and unloaded trucks and the different drivers coming in all ways gave a new face to change it up a bit.
Pros
company employee outting and recogtion
Cons
cold snow filled frozen trailler
Was a good place to work getting to big they think they can do what ever they want an get away with it
Production Line Operator - Acid / Capper / Leveler (Former Employee) –  Lyons, PAApril 3, 2016
Well first of all it use to be family that they hired now they dont do that an they are getting to big an they think they can do what they want to do
Pros
GOOD BENIFITS
Cons
MANAGEMENT SUCKS EXSPECIALLYHR
The people were awesome
Grid Castor (Former Employee) –  Lyon Station, PAMarch 25, 2016
The company was a respectful and caring company. The owner would come and see everyone. It is a good respected company, who cares for their employee's.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
How far it was from my house
East Penn Manufacturing
shipping (Former Employee) –  Topton, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Not a good work place. They are concerned about work production not making improvements, They don't have qualified entry level management with experience. Is a hostile work environment. Advancement is not given by experience.
OK place to work
Forming Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Lyons, PADecember 30, 2015
The job pays well depending on what you are doing. I was working in the forming room making around $20/hour. $20/hour sounds amazing but to me it wasn't worth the wear and tear on the body as well as the health issues that possibly come from working with lead and acid all day long.
Pros
annual bonus and medical benefits
Cons
management
production
production worker (Current Employee) –  Lyons, PADecember 22, 2015
not much room for advancement in company unless you know someone higher in the company. Feel like my supervisor is not a supervisor at all. A lot of lazy people allowed to be lazy. the hardworkers when they do something wrong get punished.
operator (Current Employee) –  Lyons, PADecember 3, 2015
Management is not the best but as long as you do what your supposed to do as in show up on time and show effort youll keep a decent paying job for as long as you want.
Pros
Job security healthcare
Cons
Supervisors
Find employment elsewhere
production (Former Employee) –  Lyon Station, PANovember 4, 2015
No advancement
Management lacking
personnel department is horrible
good benefits/affordable
pays well

Its all about who you know if you want to move forward in this company
excellent benefits and work culture
Take off operator (Former Employee) –  lyons paOctober 15, 2015
good culture. good benefits, good place to work, great pay. good place to retire from. nice working pace. pro: same job every day
High paced, fast flowing work place; good pay an fast days.
Material Handler & Mold Setup (Current Employee) –  Lyon Station, PAOctober 10, 2015
During a typical day, my main job is to make sure that all the production workers have what they need for the day. When that is done, usually I request from a supervisor if there are any change overs or new molds to bring down for parts that need to be run. So depending on the change over that will take up most of my day all the while moving, entering, and transferring product. Printing out labels and of course, keeping my co-workers running at a efficient pace.
I have learned many things doing this job. One of which, you must be able to move. keep a steady head on your shoulders and most importantly keeping your eye for any mistakes and\or detailed instructions. My co-workers will often dictate how my day will go. Whether its issues with the molds or running out of the material that they need. The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely having a smooth night where all the work gets done, entered, transferred, and my co-workers are able to make money.
Management is often the hardest part of my job during my time at East Penn. Some know what they are doing, but for the most part they have a hard time providing answers to questions that need to be answered. This leads to a lot of people being frustrated when they come to work as well as when they leave. But this job for me is definitely a 9 on the stress scale.
Pros
Meet good people, pay, work hours, overtime availability
Cons
short breaks, no appreciation
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lyon Station, PAOctober 1, 2015
a great place to work. excellent benefits. great work environment. the hardest part of the job is the physical repetitive labor. most enjoyable part is the fact that you go to work, do your job and go home. don't have to bring your work with you.
Set Up Technician
Set-Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Lyon Station, PASeptember 15, 2015
Being my first full time job I was ecstatic that I could finally work and use the mechanical skills that I've learned in school and at home. was a messy job but I enjoyed working on the injection molding machines. From troubleshooting to processing new parts, there was always something new to learn everyday. My coworkers weren't afraid to help or give advice when needed. The hands on experience was not only fun but has increased my knowledge and skills set.
Pros
Great health benefits and pay rate, supportive co workers, and a lot of opportunity to increase not only in knowleadge but in job placement.
productive and fast paced environment
Injection Molder / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  lyons, paSeptember 4, 2015
i really enjoyed this job very much, it was always fun and you always meet new people, alot of extra overtime available in which i enjoyed very much, and the benefits are very good. its a very fast paced environment but it makes the days go faster.
Pros
paid lunches and breaks, and a growing company
Cons
no air conditioning in the summer time
Productive work place, and good opportunities.
Finish Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Topton PaAugust 2, 2015
I learned how to drive many different machines, I was always busy with the work I was doing. Benefits are great, the management needs a little more work on, only focus on people they prefer.
Pros
breaks were in good time

4.3