East Tennessee Children's Hospital

East Tennessee Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun and professional enviroment with lots of opportunity for professional growth.
CST, LLT (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 2, 2015
ETCH has a wonderful reputation with its employees for being a great place to work. The benefits are wonderful, surgeons are friendly and personable, flexible schedule, and lots of opportunity for professional growth.
Pros
christmas gifts, yearly bonuses, great benefits
Excellent place to work. Management really cares about employees
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 6, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great benefits. Highly trained, competent staff. Learned something new everyday. Management treats staff fairly. Awesome place to work.
Pros
Highly skilled staff/excellent patient care
Cons
not enough staff at times
Excellent Pediatric Hospital
Radiologic Technologist (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 17, 2015
I wish I would've had the chance to work there more! I was taken off payroll due to the PRN shifts I was given interfering with my college classes. The place was wonderful to work at! I would recommend it to anyone.
great place to work as long as its not in the lab. poor management in the lab and lots of favoritism and childish behavior by employees and supervis
phlebotomist/secretary (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, tnDecember 3, 2014
Overall great place to work. Lab is not a prefered place to work. Favoritism, backstabbing, lies, and bullying and poor management. Once those 3 on 2nd shift are replaced with professional people the lab would be great as it once was.
Pros
helping and making even a small difference in a child and their families lives. great doctors, great nurses and a few great lab folks left
Cons
no help from hr department when real problems arise.
This was a productive and fun place to work. I loved it here.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 28, 2014
Please see prior review in regards to East Tennessee Children's Hospital.
Great Atmosphere
Paid Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 28, 2014
Created, organized, and orchestrated all lesson plans for a preschool children’s health program.
Organized and orchestrated lessons for a weekly parent and teacher health class.
Worked directly with grant administration to develop a maintainable program and to work through problems.
Created, organized, and taught an early morning workout program in two elementary schools.
Amazing staff
Child Life Intern (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 10, 2012
The entire staff at East TN Children's Hospital is amazing. All disciplines work closely together to provide the best care for their patients and families. I looked forward to going to work everyday!
Typical Day at ETCH
Student Practicum (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 3, 2012
I am currently a Student Community Practicum at East Tennessee Children's Hospital. A normal day during the summer is making the teen volunteer schedule, assigning them their jobs, creating a craft for the teens to do with patients, and then checking on the teen volunteers.

4.7