East Texas Baptist University Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive and fun work environment.
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXJanuary 10, 2018
It was a great place to work with people that care about the people that they work with. I would recommend anyone who wants to enjoy their work experience to work here.
Enjoyable coworkers
IT SUMMER WORKER/STUDENT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 8, 2017
Working here was a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot and was able to connect with my coworkers, as well as other faculty/staff members very well.
Student worker job. Great for learning
Media Director Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 3, 2017
Working with A/V equipment meeting the needs of the University. Advancement and training could be a lot better, but it's a great place to start while still in school.
Pros
Experience, Good equipment
Cons
not much organization to procedures
Band worker job
Student Worker/Band Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJuly 29, 2017
A typical day would be checking in with the band director for any errands that needed to be done. Coordinate band duties with the other band worker. I interacted with a variety of different students and professors.
Great Place to work
Biology Tutor (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJuly 12, 2017
They hired me quickly knowing i needed a job, I loved it there. I got to help other people and it was a friendly environment. Sometimes i had free time which allowed me to do my homework.
cool
Sport Photographer (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TX 75670June 4, 2017
its ok i would not recommend. i would also tell people that this is a Christ centered school and it is strict. There are nothing wrong with that all I am saying is its for certain people and not for everyone.
Fun and productive
INTRAMURAL SPORTS REFEREE (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 24, 2017
I got the chance to interact with my peers and watch them perform as they played each sport. This also allowed me to get to know a lot of the student body.
Pros
Having fun
Cons
Dealing with competitive players
Corporate style
Admissions Student Worker/ Sports Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXApril 11, 2017
This is a great place to work for those who desire to work in sales one day or the corporate world. It helps to know about how a business is run as well as how to communicate with different people from different backgrounds.
enjoyable environment to work in, in my immediate area
Coordinator of Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXMarch 31, 2017
I learned to process invoices, process checks and enter journal entries in. I also learned to reconcile credit card statements with expense reports. My immediate co-workers are wonderful. my supervisor is great. The culture in my immediate area is great. The hardest part of my job is working with people who do not follow the rules. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers.
Pros
good vacation time, great Boss, Free schooling
Cons
Tone at the top is not good
Good, Family Environment
Asstant Sports Information Director (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXMarch 6, 2017
It is an amazing place to work, good family enviroment. The people you work with are very personable, and approachable. You learn a lot about NCAA Division III
Productive work environment. They will work with any one that tries there best.
Work Study Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Just work hard and be self motivated. The company showed interest for all employees. There where many times they showed there appreciation. This is one of the best jobs I have ever worked.
Pros
Nice people, friendly environment
Cons
Short breaks
Love the campus work life
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXSeptember 3, 2016
I loved being able to work for my school. I was given the opportunity to build so many relationship with my co-workers as well as the students. I learned how to manage school work as well as my job. The job could be a little boring some days but overall, I enjoyed everything about it!
Atmosphere of Kindness and Encouragement
Writing Tutor / Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJune 14, 2016
When I worked for ETBU in the English department, I had a great time talking to the people around me. My fellow teachers had hilarious banters with me, encouraged me, and listened to my troubles.
The hardest part of my tutoring job was saying goodbye. I loved the people in each job and never wanted to leave. The most enjoyable part of my tutoring job was the unpredictability of how the teachers would respond, though it was usually something sardonic and hilarious.
Pros
Free desserts, hilarious banter, encouragement
Cons
Monotony
Summary of Volunteer Experience
Ropes Course Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TX 75670May 11, 2016
My time volunteering at the ETBU Challenge Ropes Course facility was wonderful. I was able to aid in facilitating various groups on the course by aiding them to think critically, build teamwork, increase communication and trust among the group members. The most enjoyable part of the experience has been evaluating the group from where they started as a group and ended as a more evolved team.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Provided a relaxed and spiritually charged atmosphere.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXApril 21, 2016
My time here was beneficial and welcomed. As a full time student as well, ETBU provided the flexible schedule to continue with my schooling as well as providing a full time position within a spiritual environment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not enough paid holiday time.
Enjoyable
Men's Soccer Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 6, 2015
The best part of my job is… well… just about everything. My teammates and I have a blast almost every single day, and on days that we don’t, we still have a darn good time. Sure, we get a lot of challenges -work load, deadlines and the pressure to be perfect – but I see them as opportunities to see how far we can push ourselves, excel at what we do, and be stronger as a team.
Family oriented
Floor Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 1, 2015
This was a great job. From the president down everyone was nice and looked at it as a family. The students were nice and was just a great place to work. The benefits were excellent.
fun, Christian place to work
Library Associate for Evening Services (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXFebruary 25, 2015
At ETBU, the supervisors were always willing to work with the employees. Everyday brought new experiences and people. I really enjoyed it.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
buildings are very spread out
Productive fun place to work
Psychology Tutor/ Student (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJanuary 20, 2015
My work at ETBU was quite enjoyable. It was the typical student worker environment that you would expect. The faculty was phenomenal. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing from professors how much better their class did after one of my test prep study sessions.
Day in the Life
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 15, 2014
Enforce rules and regulations to ensure the smooth and orderly operation of dormitory programs.
Provide emergency first aid and summon medical assistance when necessary.
Mediate interpersonal problems between residents.
Make regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure. Observe students to detect and report unusual behavior.
Counsel students in the handling of issues such as family, financial, and educational problems.