East Texas Baptist University Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable
Men's Soccer Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 6, 2015
The best part of my job is… well… just about everything. My teammates and I have a blast almost every single day, and on days that we don’t, we still have a darn good time. Sure, we get a lot of challenges -work load, deadlines and the pressure to be perfect – but I see them as opportunities to see how far we can push ourselves, excel at what we do, and be stronger as a team.
Family oriented
Floor Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 1, 2015
This was a great job. From the president down everyone was nice and looked at it as a family. The students were nice and was just a great place to work. The benefits were excellent.
fun, Christian place to work
Library Associate for Evening Services (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXFebruary 25, 2015
At ETBU, the supervisors were always willing to work with the employees. Everyday brought new experiences and people. I really enjoyed it.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
buildings are very spread out
Productive fun place to work
Psychology Tutor/ Student (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJanuary 20, 2015
My work at ETBU was quite enjoyable. It was the typical student worker environment that you would expect. The faculty was phenomenal. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing from professors how much better their class did after one of my test prep study sessions.
Day in the Life
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 15, 2014
Enforce rules and regulations to ensure the smooth and orderly operation of dormitory programs.
Provide emergency first aid and summon medical assistance when necessary.
Mediate interpersonal problems between residents.
Make regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure. Observe students to detect and report unusual behavior.
Counsel students in the handling of issues such as family, financial, and educational problems.
Great school
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXSeptember 9, 2014
very friendly place with many friendly people both agh the college and throughout the town
Pros
good teachers and students
Cons
so far from corpus
Productive and fun workplace with caring supervisors
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXAugust 10, 2014
A typical day on the job consisted completing various projects via MS Exel or MS Word and interacting with different teachers/professors. The bosses I had were very caring and flexible with my schedule. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep myself occupied if I didn't have an assignment to do. The most enjoyable part was interacting with different teachers,professors and faculty members.
I loved working for this University
Recreation Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TxFebruary 18, 2014
A top notch work environment, they made everyone feel like one big family.
Really fun working in the trees and teaching peoples skills
Ropes Course Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJune 13, 2013
We would have low (< 8ft.) and high (9-50 ft.) elements to set up for groups. I would set up the high elements so I would carry about 75lbs worth of ropes and belay systems to set up the 9 high elements. My manager was great and required us to function at our best. My co-workers were great to be around and very willing to teach other's. I learned how important it is for companies to apply team skills. The hardest part of the job was getting each group to identify its weaknesses and find creative ways to solve problems set before them. The best part of the job was being up in the trees setting up all of the high elements.
Pros
great for people who love the outdoors, free breakfast and lunches
Cons
work is an on-call basis
This was a job while i was in college
Audio Visual Assistant (P/T Paid Staff) (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJanuary 28, 2013
I was able to work part time and learn about tech. things. This is one of my side hobbits. I learned a lot about computer and Audio/Visual while i worked here.

Want to know more about East Texas Baptist University?

Ask a question
Great job for a college student
Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXDecember 5, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of extreme multitasking between answering the front desk and answering multiple phone lines. I also had to get scanning, indexing, and filing in as well. I learned how to manage multiple phone lines, multitasking, and how to work well with the general public as well as students. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the minor details of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the general public.
Pros
flexible with schedule
Cons
need more work hours and income
Productive place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXDecember 4, 2012
Supervised cleaning staff, provided employee training to custodial staff. Made sure all OSHA guidelines were met,evaluations, and safety procedures were followed and adhered to.
Pros
long holidays
Cons
short lunch break
Etbu
Residence Hall Director (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJuly 12, 2012
Great place to work. Needs to pay employees what they are worth.
On campus job
Financial Aid Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 10, 2012
A great opportunity to learn a little about the financial end of college. Great work study schedule and complemented my study of business.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
short term
Productive and fun working environment
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 9, 2012
A typical day at work for me was making the schedules for the month/semesters, organizing and hosting student meetings, making sure the radio station was clean and all the equipment was put back in place, training new interns and volunteers on how to work the equipment, organizing radio broadcasting sporting events. I learned how work well with others, be in charge of a team, work radio equipment, work under a fast pace boss. My co-workers were easy to get along with and easy to direct. The hardest part of the job was learning how to combine it with school. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to allow myself to become open to talk to more people, then I ever thought I would talk to before.
Pleasent Work Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMarch 27, 2012
I fully enjoyed working here. There is nothing that I would of changed.