East West Bank Employee Reviews

Productive an fun place to work in.
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 27, 2016
Pacific Gas Company was a wonderful environment to work in. As an executive assistant in the Public Affairs, it allowed me to implement new systems that would benefit the company. Made sure that the run of the department was in tip-top-shape, and ran perfectly everyday.
Pros
Wonderful to be part of the team
Cons
Enough time of the day
the company does not treat the employees well
Business Development Officer, AVP (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, San Francisco, & San MateoDecember 7, 2016
The culture of the bank is "to step on others and climb up to another level". The CEO loves to play politics with the high management. The managers push everyone to help to meet the goal. So that they can show off to other managers. Co-workers are not easy to work with. Everyone talking about "interest".
Don't believe what's they promise when you before you start the job!
Teller (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 15, 2017
Environment is not bad but people didn't keep there promise and they even turn the promise down site when you ask them. Even HR department together with the manager try to kick you out of work if they didn't like you.
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
co-worker is good but management is horrible.
Easy going fun environment
Summer Intern-Business Banking (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at East West Parsons building was very easy going. I learned a lot about money laundering and how different the business world is to the regular fast pace restaurant job. Management was always so welcoming and nice, always willing to lend a helping hand. My co-workers were the best I could ask for. Always wiling to answer questions. The hardest part of the job was the hours. 9-5 wasn't ideal but it kept me organized.
Terrible atmosphere and my manager did nothing to change that.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 11, 2017
1. Unsatisfactory.
2. Just fundamental things.
3. Bad management.
4. All Chinese culture.
5. Getting through the day.
6. No enjoyable part.
Pros
Friends at other branches.
Cons
Horrible atmosphere.
Wonderful Team and Great Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJanuary 24, 2017
East West Bank is a great company to work for. Management is concerned with skill building and supporting and empowering its employees in order to prepare them for advancement.
Not organized
AVP & Loan Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 27, 2016
My department went under three different management structures in the six months I was there. The bank's HQ is in Pasadena, CA but they hired someone in San Francisco, CA to manage my department in Pasadena.
Good company to grow with
Underwriter/ Sr. Quality Control Auditor (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CANovember 13, 2016
Very good company that allows employees to work overtime and provide suggestions or recommendations
The mortgage department is going in the right direction with positive changes
Good place to ease into corporate
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 11, 2016
Busy work grind every day, never an idle moment. High volume work, but learn time management and prioritization. Direct managers could offer more guidance and mentorship though.
Excellent work enviroment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 7, 2016
The particular branch that I work for is in a unique location and is extremely wonderful to work at. Co-workers are great and the work environment is extremely professional.
Productive and fun working place
Dot Net Developer (Former Employee) –  CAApril 6, 2016
East West Bank is a Chinese American bank, targeting the Chinese-American community in Southern California and it is a full-service commercial bank serving consumers and business throughout the U.S and in Greater China. Foreign Remittance can be defined as the purchase and sale of freely convertible foreign currencies as admissible under Exchange Control Regulations of the country. Thousands of people are currently working and living in a country that is not their home, and sending funds regularly back to their families in their home country. Foreign Remittance application has International Wire Transfer and China Remittance.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Work is priority here over anything and you should do whatever it takes to get the job done.
AVP, Sr. Community Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 26, 2016
When I started here I was very optimistic and excited to learn and work in a new environment. The bank has a 90% Chinese workforce and was interested in working for difference race than mine. Work here is priority as it should be however it should not be your only priority. I have learned to work harder than I have ever before which can be a plus however it never ends. People here are overworked and underpaid. When people leave they are sometimes not replaced and the work is divided among the remaining employees. The hardest part about this job is when you give all your time and work hard and still don't get compensation for it. They don't like paying overtime either. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have had exposer to great events like working with the Lakers Youth Foundation and volunteer projects helping children and the poor.
Pros
VIP Events, comp tickets
Cons
Late hours, no overtime pay, not valued
nice coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2016
On a typical day, we help customers cash/deposit checks, transfer money into a different account and cross sell products. All my coworkers were really nice and helpful.
Fast pace and quick to think on handling the accounts.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2016
I needed more training. I felt I was not up to par with the fast pace of the environment. I needed to apply myself more and with a more positive attitude.
• Experienced, 7+ years, Business Data Analyst, with quality experience in Finance, Mortgage and Insurance Industry with solid understanding of Busine
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2016
• Built Portfolio models and back tested models to analyze return on portfolio S&P500.
• Analyzed securities with the aid of research reports and presented recommendations to PM.
• Determined the benefit of using covered call option to increase portfolio return.
• Reviewed the asset allocation of existing portfolios to determine the need for rebalancing based on portfolio models.
• Performed cost basis analysis for securities sold for tax purposes.
• Gained in-depth understanding of market conditions and investment opportunities through conference calls and proprietary research reports.
• Managed current and prospective client information using Sales force and researched on the securities especially stocks and mutual funds.
• Experience in stock selection process involved looking at research reports of various companies across all the industries. On the other hand, Morning Star rating and analysis was used for evaluating mutual funds.
• Analyzed this information and presented my report to the financial advisor. The advisor would then make the final decision to invest their client’s money in various securities.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2016
East West Bank is a great place to work- the management holds employees to high standards, rules are strictly enforced, and the company always seeks to make banking easier and more convenient for its customers. High qualifications are needed to succeed and everyone is very supportive of one another.
Progressive Bank, with strong executive team
VP Special Assets Officer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Great working environment. Promotes personal growth with well defined corporate goals. Teamwork promoted and encouraged between differing departments and area. Top Management very progressive and goal oriented, and actively involved in oversight of operations at every level.
Pros
Strong Management Team
Productive and fair place to work at.
In-Store Banker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2016
It is quite busy, hands-on learning, fast paced. Excellent learning experience in the retail industry as well as customer servicing.
Pros
Work-Life Balance. Flexible Scheduling.
Cons
Rude Customers.
Amazing company. Organized and smart
Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 19, 2015
One of my favorite companies. Love the programs offered to see that we can bank all clients and provide a custom approach to the individuals banking needs and lifestyle. Great reputation and has great potential to be a big competitor in the future.
Pros
variety of programs for personal and business lending
Cons
Poorly managed and had a weak support team for my clients and on boarding for new accounts
Great company
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Very supportive staff, great benefits and pay.

Sometimes the management wasn't very helpful or friendly so team work with coworkers becomes a MAJOR plus.
Pros
Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East West Bank. Our community is ready to answer.