East West Bank Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Senior Branch Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2017
My employment at East West Bank was great. My management team is always supportive and positive. My co-workers were great and always ready to lend a helping hand. Benefits were good. The only bad thing was the low pay.
Terrible Place to Work
Banker (Former Employee) –  east west bankSeptember 8, 2017
Upper Management is incompetent. A lot of micromanagement. Terrible work environment. Super outdated systems. A lot of customer complaints. High employee turnover.
Great learning experience
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rowland, CASeptember 5, 2017
A typical day at work is coming in to work about 30 mins before opening to set up workspace and prepare cash drawers. Taking care of customers is number priority before doing any other work. When it is not busy, I will do daily reports and file documents. As it gets close to end of the work day, I will start balancing my cash drawer to make sure everything is not short or over and start scanning the day's worth of transactions onto the system. We do the closing procedure before leaving work. I've learned so much banking materials during my time at East West Bank, but I felt like there was no advancement for me to learn more due to lack of management. There was too many work dramas and would have lack of teamwork at times when coworkers are clashing and not getting along. I've gain a lot of customer experience and problem-solving skills during this job and have taken a lot of knowledge from there.
Pros
Free lunches at times, close to home, nearby a lot of businesses.
Cons
Bad teamwork and lacking management
It's not the bank you want to work for. If you're in banking, look elsewhere
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 5, 2017
Management there are everything but professional. There had been some good ones but they can't survive in this hostile work environment. They will work you to the ground and micromanage you, and they may be rude sometimes.
Pros
It's a job after all
Cons
Management is awful and the pay is low
Horrible Culture
Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAAugust 29, 2017
The management style here is from 20 years ago, they micromanage you and your information isn't safe there. I found customer information from over 15 years ago, brought it up to management and they told me to shred it as if I worked there 15 years ago and never took care of it.

It is a bad environment to work in, and will make you feel like your life is being wasted away.
Family culture and pretty good place to work at
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 22, 2017
a typical day includes many different transactions and issues that may arise from different customers that would need to be resolved in a timely manner.
Productive learned new things about the mortgage industry
Appraisal coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAAugust 7, 2017
Predominately Asian employees you can learn a lot but the people skills need improvement. A typical day at work was long hours stressful. I do however learn a lot about the Appraisal Coordinator position.
Good financial institution for benefits
Construction Disbursement Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 30, 2017
I have worked at EWB for 5 yrs and it has been a good company. The best part was working as a senior closing administrator, my co-workers were the best and the work got done as a team. We worked together and our manager appreciated the hard work. We would also have a team luncheon every Friday including our manager.

It's hard to work under some managers were their is lack of communication and poor appreciated of the work.
Pros
Beneifits are great
Cons
Communication can be better
Average for non aggressive job seeker
In-Store Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Artesia, CAJuly 25, 2017
coworkers are friendly and easy going. not much pressure nor much work. corporate don't quite care about developing young talent nor pay competitively to attract them. they look for stay home moms who won't squeak .
Great place to work with an incredible managerial staff.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJuly 11, 2017
Daily work included extensive face to face communication with customers and managers. I was quickly given vast amounts of responsibilities and duties with which the company trained me to handle. Working for East West Bank was a privilege.
Pros
Management, Work Culture, Flexibility
Cons
Getting home late and balancing out school.
do not want to work for EWB
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 7, 2017
learn new software,
culture mostly chinese
never enjoyable
work too hard, no reward
people not happy
unprofessional
bad management
not friendly environment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unprofessional
Straight forward retail banking locations.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 27, 2017
Typical day begins with opening the branch, taking care of customers and making sure the cash count is correct down to the last penny. I learned to be detail oriented and how to pace myself throughout the day. Management depends on the branch, at my branch the managers were nice and supportive. The workplace pushes competition between co workers, get to know your bosses well and make sure your relations are up to par, hard work alone will not be enough. The hardest part was none, job was easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves happy and thankful for the services that branch reps work hard to provide.
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 26, 2017
Overall good place to work. Nothing amazing to say that I would work my entire career here, on the other hand nothing negative to say that I would not. Typical banking organization structure.
Pros
Low out of pocket benefit costs
Cons
Minimal PTO
skills
Global Transactions Services- Operations (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAJune 23, 2017
I have to say I have learned so much about treasury management and work environment is very different, a great learning experience. However, if you are not familiar with any banking you will not succeed here.
Nice place to start banking career
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2017
Good place to start your banking career, great benefits and very inexpensive. No good direction as far as where the company is headed, no good training, they need to be able to offer more to customers ie: various loans and credit cards.
Pros
Good place to begin banking career, benefits very inexpensive.
Cons
In order to advance you need to be Asian.
poor working environment
CRS (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2017
They always said team work, so which means the employees wants to do more work, they will hard work;some employees are lazy or didn't want to take responsibility, they can relax all the work day----do less work than the others. So in a long term, nobody wants to do more work in the team. Because even you did more work, there is no bouns, otherwise you did more work, you taken more risks. If you get mistakes even you work hard, they will still fire you. Very unfair.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Shorty lunch time
Multicultural environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
The most interesting thing is you will do customer services to all ethnic people. You will learn a unique way to solve each problem and sell products because of ethnic differences.
Good starting point
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 23, 2017
Its a good starting point for those who wanted to enter the banking industry.Decent benefits, however, If you're applying as a part time like I did, no benefits at all. We were short in CSR and manager have been requesting for almost a year we still didn't get any FULL TIME CSR; meanwhile, they've been requesting me to work load ton of hours which I didn't sign up for. Overall, poor management and human resource team to begin with. Great people, great working environment just the management team isn't the most ideal.
Pros
Good starting point
Cons
Poor management
Not the best company nor the worst
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 22, 2017
The company is growing rapidly but not efficiently and many errors are being missed and dealt with incorrectly. Salary is a hit or miss depending on your department. Benefits are good but copays are still pretty high.
Benefits
Cons
Low salary
Working with people from out of the country was a good experience.
Construction Disbursement Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marino, CAMay 15, 2017
Working mainly with people from another country was a great experience. Their overall values are very different than ours and I enjoyed working with them. At times, the contractors were somewhat demanding, all needed to get their funds disbursed on Fridays.