Eastbay Employee Reviews

Upbeat and fun work environement
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 30, 2017
Being a part time sales associate, I do not have access to benefits like the full time employees do. I have worked for Eastbay as a seasonal sales associate for about 3 years now and enjoy it very much. However, I have to drive an hour to work and making $8.50 an hour isn't the best wage for me. I would recommend anyone to work for Eastbay, especially if you're into helping others and working with sports equipment and clothing.
Hated the Job
Re-stocker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 9, 2017
Worked very fast, but it never seemed to be fast enough, because you had to keep numbers up, and if you didn't you were put on probation. the for hire sign is never taken down, because they go through workers very fast.
good pay for the work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 28, 2017
sometimes its really busy and it gets a little stressful otherwise its really slow and you don't get any calls and your sitting there getting paid for nothing!
Fun
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at Eastbay (Footlocker), it was fun and exciting. i enjoyed talking with new people on a daily basis. i also enjoyed helping others and having great customer service.
working for easybay
Payment Verification Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 23, 2017
Eastbay is a excellent company to work for and its very easy to get promoted and easy to get into the other departments around the call center. Management is always on task and very fun and friendly
Pros
certificates and coupons and discounts
Cons
n/a
Relaxed and flexible hours
Online Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 19, 2017
Eastbay was a very relaxed work place. You could almost make your own schedule as long as you met the required amount of hours each week. The hardest part was building a friendship with coworkers because everyone was always busy.
na
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 29, 2017
over all this company is decent to work for. They do provide good benefits, and it is an environment that you can be you. Dress code is lax and they also dont care what color your hair is or if you have tattoos
High lay off, specially after holidays.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 19, 2017
Typical day for my job was pretty much open up the boxes and put the items in the correct slot on the shelves. Managment lied about how I quit. Another employee got in my face and tried to fight me, the manager lied to me about how he was going to handle it. I said I'd finish my shift and would not be coming back. Told a manager where I was applying that I no called no showed for two weeks.
Pros
Good pay, loved the work.
Cons
Too much drama. High lay off rate.
Good place for young kids
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 1, 2017
I've worked here for 5 years. I started in high school and have watched the company grow quite a bit. The pay is good but it isn't a job that I think I could handle the rest of my life. It can be quite stressful and mundane.
An easy place to work
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 13, 2017
Overall it was an easy job. The discount was good, the establishment itself was clean and run smoothly. The computer work was user-friendly, and the training was good. Some customers can be rude, but the calls are short, so they aren't that discouraging. The management team was there if you needed them, but wasn't breathing down your neck.
relaxed environment
ORDER ENTRY AGENT (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 29, 2017
relaxed work environment, flexible hours to meet your needs, great discounts on shoes
talked to many famous athletes
customers very entertaining over phone
Pros
relaxed, good discounts
Cons
not enough training
Awesome
Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WI 54401July 8, 2017
Great place to work at. Supervisors and Leads are very understanding and helpful. You work at your own pace and finish before or on deadline. Mostly working as an individual.
good discount is the only plus
Present Payment Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 5, 2017
no management to speak of, deal with people who steal peoples information to buy expensive shoes, if they paid way more than what they do people would stay.
Was not the best place to work
Product Handler (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 3, 2017
I worked in the warehouse. I was only there for a few months before I was terminated. They let you listen to music while you worked which was nice but overall I would never go back if I had the chance.
Favorite place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 17, 2017
I spent many years and summers working at the Eastbay retail store and It was by far my favorite job to have. The management is sub par and will do anything for their employees. It is the kind of business where when you put in effort you get rewarded.
Pros
friendly staff, working is fun
Cons
lots of standing
Office setting
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WI 54401May 5, 2017
Learned alot about people, and expanded working knowledge on customer service it was a great experience and worked really well with my knowledge and familiarity of computers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Tough to stay put
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 2, 2017
The company does not treat employees very well. During holidays, for full time associates, you are required to work 50+ hours a week and you don't have a choice. They don't accept doctor's notes, even for hospitalization, and are not very understanding when it comes to family needs. Such as family emergencies with life and death situations.
Cons
Short breaks, horrible human resources, too much mircromanagement
Relaxing & Fun work Place
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 1, 2017
This job was easy peasy to get into. I really enjoyed the fact that they would work with the hours that you had available. The work culture of the place was nice. Everyone was really laid back & always ready to help. I worked at the call center in Oshkosh, which mind you is a college town, so there were many college students working there. I enjoyed the people. There wasn't anything too challenging about this job. The hardest part was the fact that they kept moving you higher up & you couldn't stay at the position that you wanted.
Fast paced
Universal Agent (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 20, 2017
This was a great part time job with a lot of flexibility in the work hours. When time was needed to change work schedules, we would post our need for coverage and leaving call center associates flexibility to cover hours and vice versa. I loved helping customers. When extra help was needed by the supervisors, often they would allow me to cover and help the call center associates with the team leader phone. I would walk the call center when needed to help associates with difficult, unsatisfied customers or just problems with orders. I believe and average number of associates working during a shift between all departments was 50+. I was then extremely fortunate to be promoted to a "Universal Agent". We used Windows OS PC's versus DOS type PC's. There were only about 12 of these agents working at any shift. I truly loved working there and given the trust and responsibility that I was given!!
Pros
Flexibility in work hours, advancement potential, ever changing enviroment
Cons
Sometimes extremely heavy call volume..
eastbay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 17, 2017
Management sucks good workplace kind of noisy defiantly not worth the pay they give good hours the hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers over the phone and the management.
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
Gotta pay for shipping

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastbay. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9