Eastbay Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with man people
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 4, 2017
You will learn a new part everyday and is very fast past. Pay as much attention to what they show you in class. A person would sit in a chair in a cubical all day and only allowed a 15 min break and lunch.
Pros
very good starting pay, discounts
Cons
sit all day
Super flexible with hours but you need a tough skin.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 9, 2016
They always worked with me when I needed to change my hours. If you are part time they give you your next weeks schedule only a few days before that week so tough to plan anything. You can advance pretty quick but you only advance so much. Some departments have tough goals to keep up with. You juggle a lot of responsibilities because they have multiple companies and programs. You really need tough skin to work here, people cry and have breakdowns daily. You will get yelled at by customers, a lot, even if the problem was with UPS/USPS instead of one of the companies. I have even received death threats over a pair of shoes... They do try to jave fun things going on every once in a while. Managers are always changing and cant always keep up with who needs what. I woked at Eastbay for 3 years so not all bad.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Need tough skin, doesnt pay enough to be yelled at
Working at Eastbay
Prepaid and Claims specialist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 15, 2017
Eastbay is an excellent company to work for. They take care of their employees. The environment in my department PCD is amazing. Its a team and everyone works together.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Eastbay
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 16, 2017
They closed the location I worked at and let all 250 employees go. It was a shock as many staff asked if we were losing our job. We were told no and then they closed our location.
Eastbay
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 2, 2016
My daily job consists of, reviewing all team members weekly price adjustments and notes are documented correctly. Assisting agents with customer questions and concerns, Assisting store agents with questions and concerns. Assisting customers with product complaints, employee complaints and concerns.
Pros
Love helping customers
Cons
N/A
Good place overall
3rd Shift Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 12, 2016
Very nice business to work for, would highly recommend it to anybody looking for an entry level job to gain experience or just a job to help pay the bills, five stars!
Pros
Employee appreciation events, special discounts, decent pay for the work
Not a place to work
Replenishment PIT Operator (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 22, 2016
After 2 years of working at Eastbay, it has become clear that there is no room to advance within the company. While they say they like to promote from within, I have watched as 99% of the supervisory and management opportunities that have opened up since I have been there have been filled with external candidates.

While the company preaches about core values such as integrity and efficiency, they seldom live up to these values.

Associates are treated as a commodity instead of a valued member of the team. Routinely supervisors will berate associates instead of offering constructive criticisms.

There are little in the way of standards other than producing numbers. This has lead to a highly disorganized warehouse where product is regularly lost.
Not comfortable getting yelled at by customers.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 15, 2016
Great folks to work with. Non ergonomically correct work stations. Constant all day answering of phones. Learned new software applications, Continued refresher training.
Was fun to work there
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 19, 2016
Nice people, great work area. I loved working there. I miss working there but I need no weekends and 9-3 eastbay requires weekend. I do have to say they pay great for you working weekend and nights.
Payment Verification Specialist Key Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 22, 2016
Very flexible hours and a great place to work. Great college job or starter job. Also have some very nice perks to working there with discounts
Entry Level
Image Processor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 16, 2016
Provided me a scope of the current corporate creative side of the online retail industry. I also learned catalog print practices, color management practices and talent booking practices.
First Job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 27, 2016
Good place for anyone looking for a first job. Scheduling is flexible and the discount is nice. Hardest part of job is dealing with calls that are hard to understand.
Call Center
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Call CenterJune 15, 2016
I didn't mind working for Eastbay, The call center was busy, and a comfortable place to work. I communicated with customers with questions and orders.
Pros
Team work and Gift Certificates for products as incentives
Cons
Not enough hours of work, and low pay
BG staffing
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 25, 2016
working stock jobs was pretty easy picking and packing boxes.
The people I work with are nice respectful and honest.
The hardest part is learning your position once learned everything else comes easy.The most fun I have at work are brakes time because I can relax.
Productive work place, with a team base atmosphere
Warehouse Generalist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 28, 2016
Would pick, pack and ship different orders that have come in though both online and in the store. I was forklift certified in the warehouse. It was a team based atmosphere where we would have to work together to make sure that we could all complete out tasks. I do enjoy the people that I work with and that there are multiple aspects to the job.
Awesome job, terrible pay
Inventory Counter (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 5, 2016
This is a great company to work for if you work hard to move up in the compnay. The training isn't the greatest, but the jobs aren't very hard to catch on quickly. Management is willing to work with you for appointments. The bad side is the pay is very low.
Pros
Management, advancement, discounts
Cons
pay
good place to work
CCA (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 30, 2016
good place to work but the trainer rushed the training was to pre occupied with talking to others and his collection of jordan shoes
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
poor training
An on your feet, consistent moving nice job.
DC associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 14, 2015
The management, co-workers, and other associates are great, super friendly and I always willing to lend a helping hand. Work load is fair, pretty busy around the distribution center, a lot of noise.
Pros
Consistent moving around, nice pa
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of noise
Great Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 17, 2015
I went through training to become a Customer Service Rep. I was responsible for answering multiple calls a day within a curtain period of time. I had to either place orders for people wanting to buy items off Eastbay website. I was also responsible for canceling orders, and returning items. I also did switchboard in the corporate office and was responsible for placing meeting and and making sure i would transfer the right calls to the right people. I had to make sure all the meeting rooms were clean and ready for the next meeting, lastly i had to make sure no one came into the building without a badge.
Pros
Always staying busy it made the day go by fast, friendly staff
Cons
short breaks, somedays the phones would be too busy and we were unable to take breaks.
challenging
Customer Service/ Shipping (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 25, 2015
This job was challenging one to work for. It was hard work for the low pay. Management would be out on the floor dictating what to do but would rarely get in there and help where the help was needed. I liked the job but it could have been better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastbay. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9