Eastbay Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work place, with a team base atmosphere
Warehouse Generalist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 28, 2016
Would pick, pack and ship different orders that have come in though both online and in the store. I was forklift certified in the warehouse. It was a team based atmosphere where we would have to work together to make sure that we could all complete out tasks. I do enjoy the people that I work with and that there are multiple aspects to the job.
Great Culture
Inside Team Sales (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 22, 2016
Great culture. Good for entry level position, but not much room to grow in the department that I was in. Loved the people there, but the pay was on a lower level scale.
For a part time job it is a good place to work and the people are nice to work with
OSD - Operational Support Department (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 21, 2015
In the Operational Suppurt Dept we support the other departments, Call Center, PVD, PCD, and Ecare to resolve customer issues. Like refunding their money if they received their package late, missing items and lost packages.
What I learned - there are alot of different asspects than just placing an order and shipping the product out to the customer.
Management, they do take care of there employes with gift cards at Thanksgiving and Christmas,and other promations thru out the year.
Co-workers - are friendly, nice, easy to get along with and we help each other out if there are questions and/or problems.
Hardest - When you have an irrate customer on the phone, and they will not let you try and help them. You need to let the customer say there peace, and work with them to find a solution to their problem.
Enjoyable - When you resolve the customers problems to their satisfaction.
Pros
Food days - Gift cards - extra breaks during the very busy season
Cons
Hiring enough people for the Holiday Season
An on your feet, consistent moving nice job.
DC associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 14, 2015
The management, co-workers, and other associates are great, super friendly and I always willing to lend a helping hand. Work load is fair, pretty busy around the distribution center, a lot of noise.
Pros
Consistent moving around, nice pa
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of noise
challenging
Customer Service/ Shipping (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 25, 2015
This job was challenging one to work for. It was hard work for the low pay. Management would be out on the floor dictating what to do but would rarely get in there and help where the help was needed. I liked the job but it could have been better.
fast pace enviorment
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 23, 2015
You have to be quick on your feet to be able to keep up as a picker and packer, but the people were fun to work with. Lunches were long and there were vending machines.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
isles werent big enough
Not a really production job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 10, 2015
having to deal with mean customers who would swears at you. Hours are great but not the work culture, no one talks to you. get treated bad working there.
EastBay Review
Fraud Detection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 16, 2015
EastBay has many opportunities for growth within the company. Each department has the atmosphere of a family unit. Leadership staff, for the most part, is easy to approach with questions and/or concerns.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
10 minute breaks
not too bad for starting out in the job market
Call center associate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 13, 2015
Eastbay is ok for beginning employment but it doesn't allow you to make enough to support a family. perfect for college and high school students or single people
positive work inviroment
Pit Operator (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 5, 2015
Great team work and management, organized and always ready to go and get the job done. Learning something new everyday to cubiscan to ways of packaging. Most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself I personally do not see any downfalls in this job.
benefits
Great Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 17, 2015
I went through training to become a Customer Service Rep. I was responsible for answering multiple calls a day within a curtain period of time. I had to either place orders for people wanting to buy items off Eastbay website. I was also responsible for canceling orders, and returning items. I also did switchboard in the corporate office and was responsible for placing meeting and and making sure i would transfer the right calls to the right people. I had to make sure all the meeting rooms were clean and ready for the next meeting, lastly i had to make sure no one came into the building without a badge.
Pros
Always staying busy it made the day go by fast, friendly staff
Cons
short breaks, somedays the phones would be too busy and we were unable to take breaks.
Eastbay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  600 CITY CENTERJune 24, 2015
Was not a good place to work! In my opinion. Hardes part was the customers!! I learned that coworkers aren't always friendly!
Pros
Free popcorn
Cons
Rude People
Very laid back workplace
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 6, 2015
Working at Eastbay was nice, very laid back environment. I would answer calls and attend to customers needs, such as placing orders, tracking their packages, and answering basic questions.
Dissapointing
Management (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 4, 2015
For being a part of Foot Locker Inc., I expected more from the company.
There is a large gap between upper management and middle management, with a larger gap between management and subordinates. Although teamwork and training are encouraged, they are not initiated.
Communication is lacking between the corporate headquarters in NY and internally between teams.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Lack of Communication and Support
Eastbays typical day
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 3, 2015
A general idea when people think of eastbay is answering phones and being yelled at by customers, and in my unbiased as possible opinion, the general idea is just about right. The people around you as your coworkers are generally either quiet and calm or loud and obnoxious and it differs from the area you sit in at the center. A typical day for Eastbay is to come in, sign in to your computer, and answer customers calls all day. The calls are either really good and its just tracking customers packages, or they are extremely horrible with angry customers being belligerent for no reason but to get free compensation. The management on the other hand was for the most part pretty fair, all personal issues aside the large amount of managers at eastbay were helpful. The hardest part of the job was either the crabby managers or the crabby customers, because for both you could never communicate because it was either their way or none at all, no compromising. The most enjoyable part in all honesty was the paycheck. Eastbay is almost worth how much the pay was, but I figure, if I come home wanting to smash everything and throw myself off a cliff because of just 4hours at work, how could I do this for a career?
Pros
paycheck
Cons
just about everything about the actual job itself, management unfair at times, angry customers
Good college job
Payment Verification (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 2, 2015
This company is good at working around college class schedules if you are PT. However, the FT workers at this company are forced to work insane hours in OT and the benefits are not enough to compensate for that. The job is boring and tedious, and the hours are long. The management staff is approachable and they are willing to work around PT schedules with ease. The community there is pretty nice too.
Pros
flexible PT scheduling
Cons
boring work
Flexible Job-- Great for a College Student on the go
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 2, 2015
Eastbay is your regular old call center. The management is nice and understanding and the hours are very flexible. Bulletin board system online is used to post hours that others can take. The job is easy to do and during slow periods you can read or do homework at your desk. Hardest part of the job is training for it. It is a lot of information at once, but once you're on the floor you get the hang of it quickly. This job can be a tad bit boring.
Pros
Customer Service Week and free food days happen fairly often
Cons
no lunch break for 8 hour days.
An good place to work
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 11, 2015
It is an good place to work. There is not a lot of room for growth or advancement depending on the job.
A typical day at work would be doing quality control of screen print/emb. garments before they ship. The management is ok. Most of the coworkers are good to get along with. The hardest part of my job would be if there is a problem with the order, and trying to figure out what is wrong with it. The most enjoyable part of the job, is each order has a different design/logo, is it doesn't get so boring.
Great place for kids in school to work.
Payment Verification (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 9, 2015
- work on the computer to match public info with customers information to prove the order is legitimate
- learned how to to track packages, find people online and distinguish between legitimate and fraud orders.
- loved the people i worked with they were fun and great to be around
- management does not work well with peoples personal needs and issues because there is such a high tun around in employees.
- comfortable workplace
Pros
indoors, comfortable, daily prices, friendly co workes
Cons
high tunraround, weak managment
Fast paced work invironment
Slotter (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Go into work not knowing what i was going to do on slow days and ended up going everywhere so could never get comfortable in one spot. I ended up learning about everything in that job worked in maintenance, replenishment, customization, slotting, packing, picking, inventory, trained in forklift and scissor lift, and worked in receiving. Management did not treat their employees well. Job was not hard, but was not able to settle or get comfortable with not knowing were i was going to be the next day. Most enjoyable was being busy and having one designated job to do during the day.
Pros
got a lot of experice and training
Cons
10 to 14 hr days, management was disrespectful.