Eastbay

Eastbay Employer Reviews

a poor job because of lack of communcation
Customer service (Former Employee), wausau wiAugust 14, 2013
I learned a lot from this job even know it wasn't cut out for me handling calls and customers and computers is pretty intimidating but they did do a good job of training me.
I would recommend working at Eastbay
Customer Service (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJuly 29, 2013
I would recommend working at Eastbay for anyone who is looking for a chance to talk to a range of customers. A typical day of work would be answering questlions about products that we have, or helping the customers solve problems they are having with the product or the on-line site. The co-workers are great, always having a smile on their face's and – more... always willing to help. The hardest part of the job would be talking to the foreign customers, but after taking time to make sure everything is correct we get through it. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to come to work and see a smile on everyone face. – less
Productive, fun learning calls and internet with clients
Call Center/Data Entry (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJuly 28, 2013
Answer calls and emails from client on product for their wants and needs.
Locate and search inventory.
Nice co-workers but management is bad!
Warehouse Generalist (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJuly 18, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers.
Cons: management, hours, and a outdated order system.
My shift was 3rd. 10-12 hr. 5 days a week. The work for my job was Generalist, filling orders for shipment. After that we helped with stocking or operating the man-ups. Management was a joke, sleeping in his office. When you were called in to the office to discuss work strategy, the manager would be sitting at his desk with his shoes and socks off with – more... feet on his desk, after that he would sleep for 8-10 hrs. You get no leeway with time off or calling in to be late for your shift( i.e. bad snowstorm). Pay stinks. – less
New way of customer service
eCustomer Care Associate (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJuly 11, 2013
Pros: employee apprechation days (pop corn, lunch provided), able to snack at desk
Cons: few short breaks, too much manditory o.t.
Eastbay was never dull when it came to work. Unfortunately, they do run on outdated systems and servers that desperately need to be updated to help the employees preform their jobs better. In eCare, the management was wonderful and willing to help out at any way possible. I was able to learn an new and upcoming part of customer care via Live Chat where – more... customers are able to contact customer support through instant messaging system. That system however is slow and prone to freezing. – less
Very helpful work environment
Order Entry (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJune 3, 2013
Pros: make own hours
Cons: seating
They is always someone around if you need assistance with something and the people are very friendly
good pay for work done
Sales Associate/Processor (Current Employee), Wausau, WIMay 30, 2013
Pros: stand around and do nothing
Cons: boring
management isn't the greatest, but they're very laid back. Discount is good, job is somewhat easy, and you really don't do anything
Is there anyone in Wausau who hasn't worked here
Inventory (Former Employee), Wausau, wiApril 5, 2013
Pros: quitting
Cons: getting hired
Low pay, supervisors make .50 more an hour and think they're god. Place is a joke.
Enjoyable work environment
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Wausau, WIApril 3, 2013
Pros: guaranteed work hours
Cons: low pay
I have learned too be fair minded and consisent with the associate here at Eastbay. Also getting involve with management and leading groups. A typical day here at work will be emailing buyers on the products Eastbay carry's. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the associate, to understand the associate work ethic.
Strenuous, demanding, lack of empathy, a joke of a staff
Embroiderer (Current Employee), Wausau, WIMarch 22, 2013
I loved the call center. The workplace was casual and friendly. However, pay was too little.

I hate the warehouse. Overly demanding with little respect to the people who actually know what they are doing. Inconsistency with all shift and all leads and lot's of blaming and buttering up to climb up the ladder.
relaxing place to work
Developer Internship (Former Employee), Wausau, WIMarch 19, 2013
Pros: relaxing environment, nice co-wokers
Cons: poor high level management
If you like a slow paced place to work as an IT professional then Eastbay is a great choice. Nice co-worker around, and they like to share knowledge and responsibilities.
Company's benefit is awesome.
Learning new things everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wausau, WIMarch 13, 2013
Everyday we are learning new things at Eastbay, and it's fun.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 7, 2013
Pros: activities, compassion
Cons: short breaks, do not give chances often so dont mess up
Eastbay is a fun place to work and wish I could go back everyday. Its never the same and always interesting characters on the phone, realitvly easy job.
Work the phones
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 4, 2013
Pros: breaks as needed
Cons: dead end job
Easy going fast paced place to work. Team memebers are friendly, training is good.
Unless you have a degree and 5 years in the company moving up will not happen. Dead end job.
Graet for working around another job, or around school hours.
Short Term Only
restock (Former Employee), wausau, wiFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: easy work, anyone can do it
Cons: low pay, short breaks, toxic atmosphere
If your looking to make a little extra money and don't plan on staying very long then Eastbay might be for you. It's easy to understand the process, flow and what's expected of you on a day to day level because it rarely changes. It can be hard, physical labor at times with very short breaks. If you work full time your likely to wear out pretty fast.
As – more... long as you show up to work and do your job, your likely to survive your Eastbay experience in one piece. However, as soon as you start to take the job seriously, the stress will get to you. Management is a complete joke, always riding up and down the isles on their bicycles, constantly staring and trying to look intimidating. As long as you keep in mind that they are completely incompetent then you'll be able to survive the hilarious glares and stares they constantly deliver. They are incapable of motivating their team and would rather bring you down then build you up. They could all use some lessons in leadership.
As a summary, Eastbay is a low-paying, physical labor job that shouldn't be taken too seriously or approached long term. It's not a career or an environment you want to work to in for a long time. – less
Good job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 7, 2013
Hours were great. you can create your own schedule but short breaks and lunches.
Work
Payment Processing Agent (Former Employee), Wausau, WIFebruary 5, 2013
You have the chance to advance and you know what is needed of you on a day to day level.
Fun workplace with great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: free popcorn, discounts, advancement opportunities
Cons: short breaks, scheduling, pay rate
I love working at Eastbay. The supervisors are all friendly and supportive and my co-workers are easy-going and fun to be around. Also Eastbay offers advancement opportunities for those wishing to further their career.

A typical day has a steady call volume so I am answering calls for my entire shift. I have learned professionalism working at Eastbay – more... and every day I learn how to better resolve customer service questions. Our team of supervisors are great at answering questions and helping improve overall job performance.

The hardest part of my job is sitting. Prior to Eastbay I worked as a bartender and waitress, which is a fast-paced job. I am a high-energy individual and I prefer longer, more personalized interactions with customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is training. I know that sounds a little crazy but training is actually a nice change of pace from answering phones. Plus being trained in more areas helps provide better customer service to callers and generally you get a raise after being trained in a new department. – less
started in receiving 10 hour days busy. transfered to maint. learn new thing
Maint. tech. (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJanuary 29, 2013
first thing job of the day was to check P.I.T. that were down for maint. and to check water levels in batteries. had around 30 batteries. check my computer for any e-mails talk with the lead and other maint. personal to see what was needed. I worked the second shift. Was there by myself after five o'clock. mainly worked n HCM conveyers. had weekly and – more... monthly assigned pms. Got along with all management and co-workers. I was there so long and know every department. Also filled in as catalog mailing list machine operater. – less
company is a joke
mangager (Former Employee), WausauJanuary 28, 2013
Hometown people trying to run a multi-million dollar company.
I was in management making good money. New VP and his buddies fired middle management. The staff I oversaw was overworked and underpaid. No one cared. On call 24x7 with no compensation. Learned never to work for Eastbay again.

About Eastbay

Eastbay is a leading world supplier of athletic shoes, clothing and sports equipment. Read our full story online: www.eastbay.com/customerserv/help:aboutEastbay Eastbay – Read more