Eastbay Employee Reviews

good place to work
CCA (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 30, 2016
good place to work but the trainer rushed the training was to pre occupied with talking to others and his collection of jordan shoes
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
poor training
Productive work place, with a team base atmosphere
Warehouse Generalist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 28, 2016
Would pick, pack and ship different orders that have come in though both online and in the store. I was forklift certified in the warehouse. It was a team based atmosphere where we would have to work together to make sure that we could all complete out tasks. I do enjoy the people that I work with and that there are multiple aspects to the job.
Eastbay Experience
MSC Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 18, 2012
While I was there I worked hard and made sure our agents and our customers were given the best experience that I could give them. I loved working with the agents in coaching and getting to know them and help them to realize they were important to the company. I believed in team work when it came to the other team leads and with the supervisors.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
short break time and favoritism.
Nice place to work as a second job or if in high school
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WiFebruary 23, 2012
A nice place to work if it is a second job or if you are in high school. The pay is very poor compared to others in the same industry. The benefits are not up to par. Not family friendly, if time off was needed was very seldom granted.
Pros
very relaxed environment to work in.
Cons
poor pay, poor benefits and not very family friendly
I enjoyed my job very much and co-worker.
Customization Generalist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 21, 2014
Managements were very poor. but paid me well for the job i was hired to do. i wouldn't work for them again.
Pros
Great benefits and had wee-end off.
Cons
I had two 15 minutes break and 30 minutes lunch.
one of the worst jobs to have -posted by teddy
PIT operator (Current Employee) –  wausau, wiNovember 16, 2013
If thinking of joining eastbay don't waste your time. The management is sloppy and inconsistent among the shifts. On third shift we are expected to do not only our work but the other two shifts work as well. I would take a lower paying job to get out of the company. The leads and supervisor show favoritism to certain employees who can stand around and talk without doing work but others get warned and documented when they occasionally stop to say something and the supervisor does nothing about it. To put it into perspective, for the holidays this year no one from wausau even wanted to apply so they had to recruit people from antigo and merrill. The management smiles in our face but has no real compasion for their employees. The only thing missing are their whips
Pros
pays bills, good coworkers
Cons
everything else: pay, short breaks, long hours, inconsistent rules, company doesnt appriciate its workers, lying management
Cant remember a whole lot
Embroiderer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 14, 2012
It was a while ago that I worked there. I know the pay and benefits were not very good. It was in a plant setting and so it was cold in the winter and hot in the summer
Great Culture
Inside Team Sales (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 22, 2016
Great culture. Good for entry level position, but not much room to grow in the department that I was in. Loved the people there, but the pay was on a lower level scale.
An on your feet, consistent moving nice job.
DC associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 14, 2015
The management, co-workers, and other associates are great, super friendly and I always willing to lend a helping hand. Work load is fair, pretty busy around the distribution center, a lot of noise.
Pros
Consistent moving around, nice pa
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of noise
An good place to work
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 11, 2015
It is an good place to work. There is not a lot of room for growth or advancement depending on the job.
A typical day at work would be doing quality control of screen print/emb. garments before they ship. The management is ok. Most of the coworkers are good to get along with. The hardest part of my job would be if there is a problem with the order, and trying to figure out what is wrong with it. The most enjoyable part of the job, is each order has a different design/logo, is it doesn't get so boring.
Good place to start for art grads.
Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 26, 2014
Daily basis on this job would be set up screens and print them. From gathering garments to grabbing the right screens to printing the right ink. Management is ok, nothing terrible wrong. Co-workers comes from all kind of background and diverse. Hardest part about this job would be, standing long hours to understanding how to set up the press. Most enjoyable part of this job would be feeling satisfied when completed with a job order.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
short breaks, terrible rush orders forms
challenging
Customer Service/ Shipping (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 25, 2015
This job was challenging one to work for. It was hard work for the low pay. Management would be out on the floor dictating what to do but would rarely get in there and help where the help was needed. I liked the job but it could have been better.
Great Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 17, 2015
I went through training to become a Customer Service Rep. I was responsible for answering multiple calls a day within a curtain period of time. I had to either place orders for people wanting to buy items off Eastbay website. I was also responsible for canceling orders, and returning items. I also did switchboard in the corporate office and was responsible for placing meeting and and making sure i would transfer the right calls to the right people. I had to make sure all the meeting rooms were clean and ready for the next meeting, lastly i had to make sure no one came into the building without a badge.
Pros
Always staying busy it made the day go by fast, friendly staff
Cons
short breaks, somedays the phones would be too busy and we were unable to take breaks.
Short Term Only
restock (Former Employee) –  wausau, wiFebruary 10, 2013
If your looking to make a little extra money and don't plan on staying very long then Eastbay might be for you. It's easy to understand the process, flow and what's expected of you on a day to day level because it rarely changes. It can be hard, physical labor at times with very short breaks. If you work full time your likely to wear out pretty fast.
As long as you show up to work and do your job, your likely to survive your Eastbay experience in one piece. However, as soon as you start to take the job seriously, the stress will get to you. Management is a complete joke, always riding up and down the isles on their bicycles, constantly staring and trying to look intimidating. As long as you keep in mind that they are completely incompetent then you'll be able to survive the hilarious glares and stares they constantly deliver. They are incapable of motivating their team and would rather bring you down then build you up. They could all use some lessons in leadership.
As a summary, Eastbay is a low-paying, physical labor job that shouldn't be taken too seriously or approached long term. It's not a career or an environment you want to work to in for a long time.
Pros
easy work, anyone can do it
Cons
low pay, short breaks, toxic atmosphere
Flexible Job-- Great for a College Student on the go
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 2, 2015
Eastbay is your regular old call center. The management is nice and understanding and the hours are very flexible. Bulletin board system online is used to post hours that others can take. The job is easy to do and during slow periods you can read or do homework at your desk. Hardest part of the job is training for it. It is a lot of information at once, but once you're on the floor you get the hang of it quickly. This job can be a tad bit boring.
Pros
Customer Service Week and free food days happen fairly often
Cons
no lunch break for 8 hour days.
Call Center: Flexibility and casual environment (part-time)
Call Center Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 24, 2012
I have worked part-time in one of their call centers for over 6 years and really appreciate the flexibility in setting my work hours (and days off) and enjoy the comfortable casual work environment. The co-workers are great - very encouraging and helpful. Over the years the number of opportunities for advancement have increased and I have been able to move up into new positions and increased pay. Their training is on-going and thorough. All the fun employee events are great (especially free food days and gift-card give-aways)!
Pros
scheduling flexibility, casual environment, free food days, employee events
Cons
hectic pace when busy at holidays and sales
Fast paced work invironment
Slotter (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Go into work not knowing what i was going to do on slow days and ended up going everywhere so could never get comfortable in one spot. I ended up learning about everything in that job worked in maintenance, replenishment, customization, slotting, packing, picking, inventory, trained in forklift and scissor lift, and worked in receiving. Management did not treat their employees well. Job was not hard, but was not able to settle or get comfortable with not knowing were i was going to be the next day. Most enjoyable was being busy and having one designated job to do during the day.
Pros
Got a lot of experice and training
Cons
10 to 14 hr days, management was disrespectful.
fast pace enviorment
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 23, 2015
You have to be quick on your feet to be able to keep up as a picker and packer, but the people were fun to work with. Lunches were long and there were vending machines.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
isles werent big enough
Fun workplace great environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 6, 2012
You provide customer service and help customers with orders and also tracking packeges. From eastbay I expanded my knowledge in customer service. The management at Eastbay was awsome! The leads were very easy to talk to and relateable. The co-workers were also pretty good it is a fun job with a great environment. The harderst part of the job would be when customers get upset with you but the better your attitude is with them the better they will be to you, you just have to keep calm and be understanding and patient. Every part of the job is enjoyable!
Pros
workers appreciation week its free lunches all week and ice cream and cotton candy
Cons
short breaks
Great place for kids in school to work.
Payment Verification (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 9, 2015
- work on the computer to match public info with customers information to prove the order is legitimate
- learned how to to track packages, find people online and distinguish between legitimate and fraud orders.
- loved the people i worked with they were fun and great to be around
- management does not work well with peoples personal needs and issues because there is such a high tun around in employees.
- comfortable workplace
Pros
indoors, comfortable, daily prices, friendly co workes
Cons
high tunraround, weak managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastbay. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9