Eastbay

Eastbay Employee Reviews

relaxing place to work
Developer Internship (Former Employee), Wausau, WIMarch 19, 2013
Pros: relaxing environment, nice co-wokers
Cons: poor high level management
If you like a slow paced place to work as an IT professional then Eastbay is a great choice. Nice co-worker around, and they like to share knowledge and responsibilities.
Company's benefit is awesome.
Learning new things everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wausau, WIMarch 13, 2013
Everyday we are learning new things at Eastbay, and it's fun.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 7, 2013
Pros: activities, compassion
Cons: short breaks, do not give chances often so dont mess up
Eastbay is a fun place to work and wish I could go back everyday. Its never the same and always interesting characters on the phone, realitvly easy job.
Work the phones
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 4, 2013
Pros: breaks as needed
Cons: dead end job
Easy going fast paced place to work. Team memebers are friendly, training is good.
Unless you have a degree and 5 years in the company moving up will not happen. Dead end job.
Graet for working around another job, or around school hours.
Short Term Only
restock (Former Employee), wausau, wiFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: easy work, anyone can do it
Cons: low pay, short breaks, toxic atmosphere
If your looking to make a little extra money and don't plan on staying very long then Eastbay might be for you. It's easy to understand the process, flow and what's expected of you on a day to day level because it rarely changes. It can be hard, physical labor at times with very short breaks. If you work full time your likely to wear out pretty fast.
As long as you show up to work and do your job, your likely to survive your Eastbay experience in one piece. However, as soon as you start to take the job seriously, the stress will get to you. Management is a complete joke, always riding up and down the isles on their bicycles, constantly staring and trying to look intimidating. As long as you keep in mind that they are completely incompetent then you'll be able to survive the hilarious glares and stares they constantly deliver. They are incapable of motivating their team and would rather bring you down then build you up. They could all use some lessons in leadership.
As a summary, Eastbay is a low-paying, physical labor job that shouldn't be taken too seriously or approached long term. It's not a career or an environment you want to work to in for a long time.
Good job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 7, 2013
Hours were great. you can create your own schedule but short breaks and lunches.
Work
Payment Processing Agent (Former Employee), Wausau, WIFebruary 5, 2013
You have the chance to advance and you know what is needed of you on a day to day level.
Fun workplace with great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: free popcorn, discounts, advancement opportunities
Cons: short breaks, scheduling, pay rate
I love working at Eastbay. The supervisors are all friendly and supportive and my co-workers are easy-going and fun to be around. Also Eastbay offers advancement opportunities for those wishing to further their career.

A typical day has a steady call volume so I am answering calls for my entire shift. I have learned professionalism working at Eastbay and every day I learn how to better resolve customer service questions. Our team of supervisors are great at answering questions and helping improve overall job performance.

The hardest part of my job is sitting. Prior to Eastbay I worked as a bartender and waitress, which is a fast-paced job. I am a high-energy individual and I prefer longer, more personalized interactions with customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is training. I know that sounds a little crazy but training is actually a nice change of pace from answering phones. Plus being trained in more areas helps provide better customer service to callers and generally you get a raise after being trained in a new department.
started in receiving 10 hour days busy. transfered to maint. learn new thing
Maint. tech. (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJanuary 29, 2013
first thing job of the day was to check P.I.T. that were down for maint. and to check water levels in batteries. had around 30 batteries. check my computer for any e-mails talk with the lead and other maint. personal to see what was needed. I worked the second shift. Was there by myself after five o'clock. mainly worked n HCM conveyers. had weekly and monthly assigned pms. Got along with all management and co-workers. I was there so long and know every department. Also filled in as catalog mailing list machine operater.
company is a joke
mangager (Former Employee), WausauJanuary 28, 2013
Hometown people trying to run a multi-million dollar company.
I was in management making good money. New VP and his buddies fired middle management. The staff I oversaw was overworked and underpaid. No one cared. On call 24x7 with no compensation. Learned never to work for Eastbay again.
Just great people to work with!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: breaks, coffee, the help was always there
You would come to work and your co-workers would greet you. The only hard part about your job was to be calm and not try to yell at the customer, but you got used to it.
Wasn't the best experience
SHIPPING CLERK (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJanuary 3, 2013
They Need to interact with their employees better to improve work performance...
Structured
Returns Worker (Former Employee), Wausau, WIDecember 30, 2012
Read invoices and print labels that go on returned products from customers. How to read invoices and how to put certain labels on certain items. Co-workers were nice and helpful
enjoyable atmosphere and the department felt like a family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wausau, WIOctober 18, 2012
Pros: i was not pressured by any of my managers or supervisors, i was allowed to do almost anything i wanted as long as my job got finished
Cons: i didn't get along very well with my second supervisor there, he made it difficult to enjoy my work
I enjoyed my time with this company. I was allowed to set my own hours. I created my own job and got a promotion to do it.
Eastbay Experience
MSC Team Lead (Former Employee), Wausau, WIAugust 18, 2012
Pros: the benefits
Cons: short break time and favoritism.
While I was there I worked hard and made sure our agents and our customers were given the best experience that I could give them. I loved working with the agents in coaching and getting to know them and help them to realize they were important to the company. I believed in team work when it came to the other team leads and with the supervisors.
Something new everyday
Order Entry Associate (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 9, 2012
A typical day at work was taking customer orders, catalog requests and assisting with product selection. I learned a lot of customer service skills with the job. It taught me to be patient with customers and to work along with them to get them what they want or need. Management was always kind. My co-workers were usually in a good mood. The hardest part of the job was making sure you didn't miss anything in your script. The most enjoyable part of the job was what i was selling in the catalog.
Fun workplace great environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 6, 2012
Pros: workers appreciation week its free lunches all week and ice cream and cotton candy
Cons: short breaks
You provide customer service and help customers with orders and also tracking packeges. From eastbay I expanded my knowledge in customer service. The management at Eastbay was awsome! The leads were very easy to talk to and relateable. The co-workers were also pretty good it is a fun job with a great environment. The harderst part of the job would be when customers get upset with you but the better your attitude is with them the better they will be to you, you just have to keep calm and be understanding and patient. Every part of the job is enjoyable!
Is a good place to work.
Product handler (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJune 21, 2012
The people there are nice. The supervisers are cool. The day goes by really fast. I get along with everybody there and the management is pretty good. the hardest part of the job is when there is alot of restock to get put away. The most enjoyable part of the day is picking and slotting.
Internet Customer Support (Former Employee), Wausau, WIMay 23, 2012
Pros: customers
Cons: 15 minute lunch breaks
Maintain all customer service via e-mail, live chat, and phone; conduct site monitoring; report site issues and customer service trends to ICS Center. The e-commerce division operates 14 leading-brand websites, including Foot Locker, Champs, NFL Store, NBA Store, Ryka, Fila, US Olympic Shop, and Eastbay brands.
Management was not consistent.
Enjoyed helping customers.
Review
CCS Tech Specialist (Current Employee), Wausau, WIApril 5, 2012
The CCS postion was a great position because you connect with very laid back customers.

About Eastbay

Eastbay is a leading world supplier of athletic shoes, clothing and sports equipment. Read our full story online: www.eastbay.com/customerserv/help:aboutEastbay Eastbay – Read more

Eastbay Salaries