Eastbay Employee Reviews

An good place to work
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 11, 2015
It is an good place to work. There is not a lot of room for growth or advancement depending on the job.
A typical day at work would be doing quality control of screen print/emb. garments before they ship. The management is ok. Most of the coworkers are good to get along with. The hardest part of my job would be if there is a problem with the order, and trying to figure out what is wrong with it. The most enjoyable part of the job, is each order has a different design/logo, is it doesn't get so boring.
Great place for kids in school to work.
Payment Verification (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 9, 2015
- work on the computer to match public info with customers information to prove the order is legitimate
- learned how to to track packages, find people online and distinguish between legitimate and fraud orders.
- loved the people i worked with they were fun and great to be around
- management does not work well with peoples personal needs and issues because there is such a high tun around in employees.
- comfortable workplace
Pros
indoors, comfortable, daily prices, friendly co workes
Cons
high tunraround, weak managment
Fast paced work invironment
Slotter (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Go into work not knowing what i was going to do on slow days and ended up going everywhere so could never get comfortable in one spot. I ended up learning about everything in that job worked in maintenance, replenishment, customization, slotting, packing, picking, inventory, trained in forklift and scissor lift, and worked in receiving. Management did not treat their employees well. Job was not hard, but was not able to settle or get comfortable with not knowing were i was going to be the next day. Most enjoyable was being busy and having one designated job to do during the day.
Pros
Got a lot of experice and training
Cons
10 to 14 hr days, management was disrespectful.
Very fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 22, 2014
Eastbay is a very good place to work. They had a lot of cool things for the employees to do. They were always giving away prizes, having vendors, activities and promotions.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Flexible Workplace
Payment Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 3, 2014
It was a very friendly atmosphere. Some team leads were a little more edgy than others, but were always helpful.
Fun work environment and growing.
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 6, 2014
Work with vendors, create orders,maintain orders, make sure orders get in, get product on-line so we can sell.
Horrible
Picker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 3, 2014
I worked for Eastbay twice, once in the call center and once in the warehouse.
Cons
pay, management, breaks, coworkers
First time warehouse job.
Pit Operator (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 23, 2014
I like working third shift at Eastbay. In the warehouse is a lot different then being out with all the customers. We do stretches every day before we start work and then from there I get right on to my machine and start my tasks for the night. It is nice being able to still social with my co-workers while I am still working on my tasks. The management team is also fun and friendly as well.
typical janitorial/ light maint job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 19, 2014
House keeping, Light maint.
management couldn't ask for better
co-workers were great
Free lunches
Customer Service Specialist, Duties (Former Employee) –  Greenbay wisconsinApril 27, 2014
I liked working for this company, it was a clean easy job with flexible hours and good pay.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
good and bad dayz
Productive and Fun!
Retail Merchandiser Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 22, 2014
Love the work environment. Coworkers are all friendly term and enjoy each others company.
What can be more to say about selling awesome name brand shoes to people who likes them and plus you get to see the newest shoes before it even comes out in stores.
Pros
New shoes
Fun place to work at with Advancements
Receptionist/ Greeter (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 18, 2014
A typical work day for me includes coming to work at 8AM doing our Audit report right when I arrive, keeping an eye on our cameras that are around the building, assisting HR with multiple projects, setting up and helping with the interview process, greeting customers and employees as they enter the door. Doing side work as well.
Laid back relaxed atmoshphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 27, 2014
I really liked working for Eastbay. It is a great job everyone is very nice and helpful.
Pros
Cons
parking issues
Good first job
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 19, 2014
A typical day at Eastbay is basically talking with customers all day. Most of the time calls after calls came in. I liked the job, it was cool to be able to help customers around the world.However a few things I did not like was the supervisors and team leads talk down on me just because I wasn't a supervisor or team lead.
poor management
FT Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh WiFebruary 28, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Eastbay all in all but once you make one little mistake that could be easily corrected they are on you like flies on c### or they fire you. The majority of the management staff was friendly and great but my supervisor was a b####. It is only a starter job and will not last long hence them doing mass hires throughout the year,
Pros
Free food days
Cons
Short breaks, no consistancy with management staff
Good place to start for art grads.
Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 26, 2014
Daily basis on this job would be set up screens and print them. From gathering garments to grabbing the right screens to printing the right ink. Management is ok, nothing terrible wrong. Co-workers comes from all kind of background and diverse. Hardest part about this job would be, standing long hours to understanding how to set up the press. Most enjoyable part of this job would be feeling satisfied when completed with a job order.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
short breaks, terrible rush orders forms
this is a dead end, seasonal job with low hours
Picker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 16, 2014
I did not make much on my paychecks because the hours were really low. This is a seasonal job and it does not last long. There is almost no chance for promotion. The other pickers and packers are really nice people to work with.
Pros
lots of walking. The other pickers and packers are really nice people to work with.
Cons
seasonal work with low hours. it's a dead end job.
I enjoyed my job very much and co-worker.
Customization Generalist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 21, 2014
Managements were very poor. but paid me well for the job i was hired to do. i wouldn't work for them again.
Pros
Great benefits and had wee-end off.
Cons
I had two 15 minutes break and 30 minutes lunch.
Work hard as a team, if people fall you will fall overall
2nd Shift Product Handler (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 29, 2013
A decent job, but not many friendly people and no one is there to help you unless you have some ties to the company.
Pros
Independent
Cons
pay, workplace, endurance
one of the worst jobs to have -posted by teddy
PIT operator (Current Employee) –  wausau, wiNovember 16, 2013
If thinking of joining eastbay don't waste your time. The management is sloppy and inconsistent among the shifts. On third shift we are expected to do not only our work but the other two shifts work as well. I would take a lower paying job to get out of the company. The leads and supervisor show favoritism to certain employees who can stand around and talk without doing work but others get warned and documented when they occasionally stop to say something and the supervisor does nothing about it. To put it into perspective, for the holidays this year no one from wausau even wanted to apply so they had to recruit people from antigo and merrill. The management smiles in our face but has no real compasion for their employees. The only thing missing are their whips
Pros
pays bills, good coworkers
Cons
everything else: pay, short breaks, long hours, inconsistent rules, company doesnt appriciate its workers, lying management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastbay. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9