Easter Seals Bay Area

Easter Seals Bay Area Employee Reviews in United States

Direct work is rewarding
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAApril 1, 2016
If you are able to work directly with the clients you stand a chance. Corporate and upper management is a joke. The intentions of the direct care staff are good. The individuals actually in charge however are very tied up in budgeting, growth planning, and politics. The average age of employees in the company is around mid-30's. Growing too fast and not prepared to support the employees or its consumers.
Pros
Higher pay than most in the industry
Cons
Shady politics
Bi
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I love the clients and the staff is very supportive. If you like a flexible schedule this is a great place. I have not worked here long. But I would recommend it a place to work to others.
Growing organization
HR Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CADecember 10, 2015
Fun place to work, casual environment, fair share of red tape and politics, but this is to be expected of an organization trying to find its path.
Pros
Casual environment
Cons
Distance and travel, not BART accessible
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 23, 2015
Management is not very good at dealing with things. I enjoyed my co-workers but when dealing with corporate they were very discriminatory and was not helpful in dealing with situations
Lots of driving and data entry. You must love kids...
Behavorial Autistic intervintionalist (Current Employee) –  South Bay areaSeptember 20, 2015
In the morning check your work email see if your schedule is the same due to a cancelation by client might have occurred the night before. You must have your toys and the right paper work for your clients. You drive to your clients house and began your ABA therapy for however long your session is scheduled. 15 min prior to session you pull out your job issued laptop and use you job issued cell phone that has a wifi "hot spot" built in to bill for your session. Depending on when and where your next session is you might have time to take lunch or do indirect work such as data entry. you typically have 2-3 clients a day you see. I learned some computer skills from this job, I became a better "people person". Management is not very stable this job has a high turnover rate. Co workers are great there is no commission in the line of work and we do help each other. the hardest part of the Job is moving up in the company and getting consistent hours weekly. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the children you work with.
Pros
long breaks in your day, free dress, job issued laptop
Cons
lots of driving, no raises, limited oppertunity to move up in the company
Productive and engaging work environment
BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 30, 2015
Easter seals bay area is a productive and engaging work place that highlights the value of constant communication and flexibility staff requires working in this field. Biggest challenge was constant change (clients, hours, etc) and the most rewarding take away is by far the one one one therapy and connections I have made with each individual client and their families. Seeing that continual growth is encouraging and personally immensely rewarding.
Assisting children with autism and their families achieve the goals they wish to reach.
SENIOR BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONIST (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 24, 2015
Love what I do, however, I feel like theres more out there for me.
You drive to the child's home, help them with ADLs, help them talk to their parents, help patents talk to their children. You see priceless moments like a child saying their first word, a child swimming or writing for the first time.
Pros
Priceless moments
Cons
Poor management
Some people fit well.
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 10, 2015
At first, I really appreciated the values and attitude they seemed to present. They presented as supportive to their employees and have a great philosophy of services.
While I believe the clinical personnel really do want to be who they say they are, something is off.
They were unable to follow through with the support they said they would give and they out me in a few very awkward situations. For example, I was asked to have a conversation with a parent that was not appropriate for me to have-- as I did not yet have the relationship necessary for that conversation; when I told my supervisor I did not feel comfortable, she said, "you'll be fine". Not surprisingly, the conversation went very poorly; especially considering they had not even told the parent I would be joining the team!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
not much support form manangement
Great and diverse workforce and rewarding work
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 22, 2013
Easter Seals Bay Area was embodied by a great group of young and motivated people. The mission of the company was great and the work was rewarding. Towards the end it seems the mission got skewed a bit by money, but that is how it goes.
Pros
great people, great mission, rewarding work
Cons
driving all over the bay area
Relaxing and productive enivorment
Aquatic Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2013
I enjoyed working for Easter Seals Bay Area. It's focus is the health and happiness of it's patrons and it really shows. The management was sometimes difficult to work with but over all I liked my time there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction you had with patrons every day. There were so many regulars at the pool that got to know you and you them. They had a genuine interest in our lives and us in them. It was rewarding to see them progress and feel better.
A Typical Day
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2013
A typical day as a Behavioral Interventionist is very dependent upon your case load and the mood of your clients for that particular day. I see approximately three clients per day at home and work with children and their families on building social relationships and increasing communication. Working with children with Autism has its challenges but is very rewarding. I enjoy the complexity of my job and the constant need to change and adapt my sessions to accomodate my clients.
Pros
rewarding, working in the field, ever-changing, a lot of independence in developing sessions
Cons
lots of driving, can be isolating because of the lack of consistent office setting, flexibility of hours is minimal