Easter Seals Blake Foundation Employee Reviews

Stressful job.
Early Childhood Clinician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 5, 2017
I used to like working for this company it was great and it was all about the clients. Now it has changed so much it's all about money and numbers and the client is just another number not to mention the amount of work that you are expected to do is ridiculous you are basically doing a 2 mans job, two different roles and getting paid for one only don't expect to get a raise anytime soon neither. I was required to do numerous trainings all the time it was ridiculous and if you cant get with the program you're replaced easly.
Pros
The people I worked with were great, and great benefits
Cons
You're always working even when you're not at work anymore, very stressful and upper management sucked
Behaviora Health is stressful
Early Childhood Clinician/Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2017
Behavioral health is stressful in itself. I believe the company needs to do more to help relieve that stress of its employees. More paid time off or other incentives to work there would be helpful as they have a high turnover rate.
Pros
Great training.
Cons
High turnover rate and large case loads.
Will not return nor recommentd.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZ 85635October 15, 2017
It is one thing to have co-workers who share different beliefs. Get along and do your job. Issues do not typically arise. Due to the nature of the job this place required you to take trainings that some agree with even to the aspect of religion and others (myself) did not. Respecting peoples differences is fine, but making everyone agree with them is not. Also because of the job, I had to be at the building precisely at 0800 to unlock the doors, and answer any possibly phone call. Again as a military spouse with a husband that may not always be home, it was tough because well sometimes kids get sick so finding someone to be able to open the doors on short notice was not fair and not easy.
Pros
N/a
Cons
All of the above.
Awful place to work!
BHT (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2017
the upper management here do not value their employees and the client care is horrible. This is a money driven agency that is willing to cut corners, cut positions and basically lie to make a buck. You are a slave and and are expected to do an unreasonable amount of work for little pay. If you dont, you are replaceable. The turnover rate is ridiculous. No one with a good conscience and a desire to help people would recommend this place.
Pros
coworkers are awesome
Cons
management, pay, workload. client care
Low compensation, heavy workload
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 10, 2017
The compensation scale was very low, with only minute sporadic raises in my experience and that of many colleagues. Having a degree didn't seem to equate higher pay scales. Upper level management positions however are compensated very well. Seniority wasn't really followed or properly recognized. There is no job security or company loyalty with this agency in regards to staff. Don't expect to have regular pay increases as your time of service expands. Be prepared to remind them more than once. As a nonprofit organization they rely on program funding and budgets which are nearly always short. Lower level Management is grossly overworked and under appreciated. Stress levels are high. To really enjoy your job, your immediate focus must be on the clients and seeing the difference you are making in their lives along with your fellow colleagues. It's entirely about the people you serve, that is what makes the job rewarding. They do offer a decent benefits package with several medical and dental plan options and the vacation package isn't bad as it does increase with time of service.You can expect to work with a great diverse group of some of the most amazing people you will ever meet.
Pros
Great Clients, Friendly Staff, Vacation Time
Cons
Low Compensation, Taking PTO is difficult depending on position
Very stressful environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 17, 2017
Easter Seals is not a great place to work. Upper Mangement treat employees very unfair, there is a lot of favoritism and back stabbing. Management crest a hostile work environment. The work load is to much your responsibility include high caseloads, admin work, telemedicine appointment taking blood pressure, weight and height. BMI, your day is over 8 hours but the company does not pay overtime so you end loosing money. Management is very micro managing. Have to work nights and late evenings, some weekends. By far the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Benefits are descendant
Sls
Peer Support Specialist, BHT (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 10, 2017
Supportive Living System is a semi-independent living facility. From my experience with poor working conditions, expectations of overtime , low ethics of Management, and low pay
Fun place to work
LEAD STAFF (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 11, 2017
It was a great place to work because of the management, the consumers and above all the extensive training provided by the company for the employees to do the job.
EBF is a great place to work!
Admin Team (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2017
EBF is a large community focused organization. They have grown with the community in mind and offer a continuum of programs and services for infants, children and adults!

It is a great place for working parents and I find management supportive and responsive.

Salaries are competitive for the nonprofit sector. There are many employees that have worked at EBF for more than 10 years and everyone is passionate about their jobs.
Pros
Supportive management! Many long term employees!
Positive work environment, great people
Parent Aide (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 12, 2017
The people at Easterseals Blake Foundation are awesome! They are extremely helpful and genuinely care about their employees. I work for Children and Family Services, and it has been a very positive and influential experience. My coworkers were very welcoming and have become my family!
The job can be a bit demanding at times, but it was expected. Managers have always been helpful in answering my questions and always check in on their staff.
Fun workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 15, 2017
Working at Easter Seals Blake Foundation was fun and enriching as it introduced me into social services. I was able to interact with children and help stimulate brain and growth development through stimuli.
varied reviews due to direct supervisors protecting staff from upper management
Children and Family Services management position (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 26, 2017
if you are reading good reviews on here it is because the staff were shielded from the mess that is upper management. I worked there for way too many years because this agency used to be awesome. It no longer is. Go online and look at the salaries of upper management: it is public record. Then look at the salaries of staff who care for adults with special needs and for our children in their child care centers. Vans used to transport adults with disabilities break down, but upper management all clear 6 figures easily. Ask yourself what type of non-profit operates in this way? Is this really where you want to work? I could go on and on, but I'll just say: steer clear of this agency!!!
Pros
direct service staff are genuinely nice folk who strive to make other's lives better
Cons
complete disconnect between administration roles and those who serve clients and families, they have lost sight of what the agency is supposed to be doing, you will become just a number
Old Timers Struggle WIth Transition
BHT (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMay 15, 2017
This has become an intake agency and the old birth to five clinicians are struggling with change. Many still operate under the DSM IV-TR, and become agitated towards peers who have more modern knowledge & experiences. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to observe your clients attain their treatment goals. The workplace culture is hostile; observing a birth to five clinician harass a pregnant employee to tears is demotivating. Retaliation is the "norm", and there is a different set of rules based on the site managers interpersonal preferences (currently a therapist is working without a fingerprint card after being charged with DV and the manager is aware.) while another therapists intakes are being cancelled because the manager believes that the therapist isn't competent. (The walls are thin and the manager is loud. When the manager speaks badly about employees, everyone hears it.) The pay is decent, but the environment isn't worth the extra pay.
Pros
Free Relias training, free supervision.
Cons
Hostile work environment
Regular work hours, good, hardworking coworkers
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 10, 2017
Great working with the adults in the program. Helping them learn job skills and independence

Cons
Very low pay
No opportunity for advancement
Upper management very critical
Company does not put the safety of consumers 1st.
The company is all about the money.
Lack of needed supplies, ex paper towels, napkins, lack.of cleaning products, forcing staff to supply basic items.
Pros
Regular schedule
Cons
Lack of concern for consumer and employee safety
Able to enhance the quality of Clients lives.
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 13, 2017
Able to enhance the quality of our Clients daily lives. Very rewarding to provide Life Skills to those who are considered to be part of the at risk population.
Fast growing agency in the Yuma County
Rapid Response Clinician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 6, 2016
Dedicated people and great work atmosphere. Lots of new staff that are committed and willing to learn and acquire experience. Clients appear to prefer ESBF services.
Constantly changing
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 19, 2016
All of the changes have people going in different directions all the time. No one knows what to do. Constant turn over all over the agency. Crucial positions have been open for months preventing work from being done. CEO impedes progress.
Pros
Pretty good pay, People who care about the services they provide
Cons
Disorganization, rude financial people, constant turn over
Is terribly lacking
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 31, 2016
I shall hold my tongue, since I have very little to say that is positive. The treatment of their clients is bordering on deplorable. A whole new shift needs to change in the way they do things there. It's very unfortunate because Easter Seals is a great Foundation it's only this one segment of Easter Seals that is so horrendous. I have sought to Institute some kind of change there but I am shut down at every turn. I do not believe in treating clients that are human beings as less than. And that is the culture there I have begun to do what I can from my end to put a stop to all this.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
The list is long, but I will only say the treatment of the clients in their care is severely lacking
Supportive Work environment with a focus on qulaity
Clinical Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 15, 2016
a great place to work in Tucson, AZ. At the time management focused heavily on evidence based practice and providing necessary training to staff to achieve this.
Uncomfortable work environment
Child and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 29, 2016
I worked at ESBF for a year and can say the environment was never comfortable. The therapists who have been there for years cause the new therapists to feel uncomfortable to the point where I would not go into the kitchen to warm my lunch when they were in there because they would stop talking and watch every move you make. The expectations for therapists were unrealistic. The management and supervisors expect you to meet the client when they are available which is understandable but they want you to work all day going to meetings then, if needed, have sessions on evenings and weekends which leaves no work life balance. I would not recommend this company to anyone until they get new upper management which cares about the employees and is not just looking to have warm bodies in their offices who can bill and collect money for them. They do not match retirement in the 401k and they do not recognize employees for working as hard as they do. They just want you to up your productivity and overbook yourself so they can get paid. If I could give lower then 1 star I would.
Pros
Successful client outcomes.
Cons
Supervisors, non supportive coworkers and management.