Easter Seals Blake Foundation Employee Reviews

Fast growing agency in the Yuma County
Rapid Response Clinician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 6, 2016
Dedicated people and great work atmosphere. Lots of new staff that are committed and willing to learn and acquire experience. Clients appear to prefer ESBF services.
Is terribly lacking
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 31, 2016
I shall hold my tongue, since I have very little to say that is positive. The treatment of their clients is bordering on deplorable. A whole new shift needs to change in the way they do things there. It's very unfortunate because Easter Seals is a great Foundation it's only this one segment of Easter Seals that is so horrendous. I have sought to Institute some kind of change there but I am shut down at every turn. I do not believe in treating clients that are human beings as less than. And that is the culture there I have begun to do what I can from my end to put a stop to all this.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
The list is long, but I will only say the treatment of the clients in their care is severely lacking
Supportive Work environment with a focus on qulaity
Clinical Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 15, 2016
a great place to work in Tucson, AZ. At the time management focused heavily on evidence based practice and providing necessary training to staff to achieve this.
Uncomfortable work environment
Child and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 29, 2016
I worked at ESBF for a year and can say the environment was never comfortable. The therapists who have been there for years cause the new therapists to feel uncomfortable to the point where I would not go into the kitchen to warm my lunch when they were in there because they would stop talking and watch every move you make. The expectations for therapists were unrealistic. The management and supervisors expect you to meet the client when they are available which is understandable but they want you to work all day going to meetings then, if needed, have sessions on evenings and weekends which leaves no work life balance. I would not recommend this company to anyone until they get new upper management which cares about the employees and is not just looking to have warm bodies in their offices who can bill and collect money for them. They do not match retirement in the 401k and they do not recognize employees for working as hard as they do. They just want you to up your productivity and overbook yourself so they can get paid. If I could give lower then 1 star I would.
Pros
Successful client outcomes.
Cons
Supervisors, non supportive coworkers and management.
This is an awful place to work.
Child & Family Services Division (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 23, 2016
I had a terrible experience here. There is no accountability for exective-level staff, and the human resources department is ineffectual. I found an utter disregard for work-life balance, which is inexcusable in this day and age. Good riddance to them.
Great staff with great supervisors
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 25, 2016
The job is great besides the compensation. Not much room to move up. The staff is really supportive and the supervisors make sure the you are handling your case load.
Pros
Staff, supervisors
Cons
Heavy work load, benefits, compensation
productive
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 5, 2016
Enjoyed helping people with disabilities and teaching them small things they needed help with or how to do something was fun. I learned as they learned as well. I enjoyed taking them out wherever they had planned that day to go.I got to meet great people and made great friends.
Pros
good pay
Cons
part time
Small non-profit agency in the Phoenix Metro area
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZJune 29, 2016
The family support specialist position consisted of 75% travel time and 25% visitation supervision. A typical day at work consisted of traveling to pick up children and transporting them to a parent visitation location.
Cons
no lunch breaks or breaks
Family Counselor
Family Counselor (Former Employee) –  4th Ave-Yuma,AzJune 17, 2016
This company does not look out for their employees. Management is in Tucson, leaving the Yuma office to be ran by an unqualified personal. There is no staff support and expect you to work crazy hours. Basically, you are left to figure thing out for yourself, and when you do. you get no recognition, but if you don't you get thrown under the bus. There is no accountability by upper management. Hostile and stressful environment to work in.
Pros
The client's we serve
Cons
Hostile and stressful environment to work in. No support from upper management
Do not work for this company
Job coach (Current Employee) –  DTAJune 2, 2016
If you are super flexible this may be the company for you. they will call you all hours of the night requiring you to work the next day. very bad communication skills.
Pros
schedule 8-3:30
Cons
Management, lack of communication
Fulfilling Work, But No Real Work-Life Balance if You are FT
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 10, 2016
Typical day at work involves helping residents maintain their independence, or as much as possible, while providing assistance with their daily medications, hygiene, diets, exercise, and overall well-being. Do get CPR certified and company reimburses or pays for your fingerprint clearance card. Management is not as transparent and up-front as they could be with the staff and with the clients and their guardians. Co-workers are for the most part, decent, but younger, better talent is placed with higher-behavior homes. Management continues to hire anyone they can to have a body present in residences to care for the clients, but a considerable amount of employees have language barriers or have difficulties understanding, reading, or writing in English.Hardest part of the job is the lack of work-life balance when it comes to having your job duties extend passed their allotted/scheduled time and sometimes outside of one's job description. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with exceptional residents who make the job worthwhile, especially when it comes to helping and watching the clients achieve goals and their quality of life increase.
Pros
Training; Health, Dental, and Eye Care benefits, great clients
Cons
PTO allowances, shift coverage, low retention rate, distant management
Diasappointing Experience
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 4, 2016
Although the hours were flexible, the pay was very low and the job was not fun. At some point you are wondering why you're there- paperwork is endless and demands are high. As always, someone in the ivory tower is giving all of the orders with no compassion or care for the fact that we are humans and not robots. Very disappointing experience.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, high requirements and standards, you will work evenings or weekends if you want to get the demands met
pay is low
Behavioral Health Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 19, 2016
you dont get paid enough to do what you do at this job. and it is a rough job. they take the worst of the worst for their kids.it is just hard when people leave their notes on you.
Great Culture to work in
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZApril 19, 2016
I loved coming to work every day in a drama free office. Everyone worked hard and communicated well. I especially enjoyed our staff meetings. Our Director really put time into those. A few times she even invited us all to her house.
Pros
Small office, great communication
Cons
Military community - a lot of turn over in staff
Love it!
Center Director-ESBF Apache Junction (Current Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZMarch 30, 2016
I love the organization as a whole... They strive to help all people and ages to better their lives. I appreciate the way their way of doing business and how they reflect on their work.
Loved The Mission
Payroll Specialist/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 11, 2016
The greatest of teams working from the wholesale to retail side of the mortgage industry. Thirty-Seven states and leadership from the top to the bottom with full respect of all position to make them successful, then the 2008 financial market collapsed
A little frustrating.
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 28, 2016
I learned many things as a residential supervisor but always felt like I had the skills needed to thrive in this position. This job basically became my life as I spent more hours at the group home than my personal home. I was in charge of an all female residence, and walked into not the best of situations, was extremely short staffed and clients were extremely high risk due to inconsistency of staffing, documents were out of order, no appointments were being made, meds were not getting refilled timely prior to obtaining position. I was able to address many of the concerns and was able to work magic at that home, from 1:1 staff client ratio to dramatically reducing behavioral lash outs, combative situations and AWOL's. Was also able to provide and maintain a healthy diet which addressed weigh concerns, also encouraged gym participation and activeness in which the clients thrived.
Pros
Rewarding regarding personal beliefs.
Cons
Not being able to change more lives.
unorganized and disjointed company
Early Childhood specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 8, 2016
professional development encouraged and there is some flexibility in the work. However, management and advancement practices are concerning.
and organized
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 23, 2015
loved working her its a great place to be and work, did lots of projects and activities for everyone .. nothing is the same everyday so they dont get bored. meals are ok but movie time and crafts was the best ....
Wonderful company to work for!
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 31, 2015
ESBF is a great company to work for. They are very family oriented and treat their employees with respect. My supervisor is a great example of a team player and she pushes you to do your best and succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Easter Seals Blake Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9