Easter Seals Florida, Inc Employee Reviews

Easter Seals
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMarch 9, 2017
Productive, team oriented non-profit where I was able to acquire new skills related to job placement and employment services. I was also able to experience working with a variety of individuals with disabilities.
Pros
Good co-workers/management
Cons
Easter Seals is experiencing financial difficulties
productive and fun
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2017
instruct special needs students in academic subjects, using a variety of techniques, such as phonetics, multisensory learning, or repetition to reinforce learning, and meet students varying needs.
Pros
being able to teach kids
Cons
supervisor
Not good
service coordinator (Former Employee) –  WPBJune 25, 2016
The worse place I have ever worked. the benefits are terrible, 10 days of vacation, very difficult to get time off, too many cases to handled at the same time. Stay away from this company
Pros
people are nice
Cons
bad benefits and work balance
Great Services, Great Employees, Great Vision
Administrative/Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay FLMay 17, 2014
I worked as an administrative/program assistant for the Palm Bay location. The employees and people served were like family. As with any company you are going to have your pros and cons. My only cons were that it was a non-profit, so the pay rate wasn't the greatest and upper management wasn't local so sometimes communication didn't flow as quickly as desired. But the job was great. Everyone was friendly and caring and seemed to stay at their job or with Easter Seals for longevity. If you have the heart to care for others in need to achieve within their own abilities, I would definitely recommend Easter Seals!
Excellent community and family oriented organization
Bookkeeper/GL Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 20, 2013
Words cannot explain my experience with this organization. Overal...the best organization around.
Pros
Working with children and adults with disabilities.
Cons
Mission enriched company really cares about what services are needed in the community.
Program Director -SafetyNet (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 22, 2013
I enjoy working in this program. It definitely is a needed service in the community. My co-workers are helpful. One of the hardest parts of this job is being in competition with so many other companies that offer the same service. Non-profit doesn't have the money or resources the bigger companies have so advertising and getting the message out is challenging. Most enjoyable part of the day is talking with my subscribers.
Pros
understanding of personal commitments allowing for time off
Cons
red tape
Good working environment
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 30, 2012
I answer phones and perform general office duties, including ensuring maintenance of office equipment.
I also maintain electronic data in software including client demographics, fees, and payments; enrollments and discharges.I assist with new program staff orientation, and conduct tours for prospective clients/families. Every week gather and submit monthly documentation for billing to Headquarters, ensuring accuracy and detail.