Easter Seals Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in United States

They helped me learn how to market myself.
retail material handler (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMay 25, 2016
This company believe in giving second chances to people. the helped me market myself and established employment through their temporary employment program.
Pros
free transportation, and resume building
work summary
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 6, 2015
typical day is performing routine duties to sort/hand donated merchandise for resale in retail store. Performing other duties as assigned by Crew Leader. Adhere to the quality standards and meet or exceed production goals set by employer. Obtain or receive merchandise
Pros
good work environment, supervisor work well with team and co-workers work good as team
Cons
salary
Rewarding place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 16, 2015
This was a rewarding place to work. Management was outstanding. Pay scale needs to improve. This was a very good company.
Terrible work environment, HR does not help employees
Not important (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJuly 25, 2014
This review is based on experience working in the corporate building, not easter seals in New Haven or any of the Goodwill stores. This was most likely the worst job I have ever had. Job descriptions are not accurate, they piled on duties and responsibilities outside job scope and educational background. Management is a joke and they get away with treating employees like dirt. HR is crooked, sides with management, doesn't listen to employees concerns. Top many conflicts of interest going on. Vice president of HR dating vice president of finance to name one. Save yourself the stress, keep looking.
Pros
....
Cons
bad management, horrible working conditions, want you to perform duties with no training
productive and helthy workplace
Merchandise Sorter (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTSeptember 20, 2013
A typical days work for me would be coming in and greeting everyone put on my facemask and gloves. Then I would go to the back were they keep all the boxes of clothe, grab a few boxes put them in the bin and make my way to the front and sort them meanwhile I would be helping my co-workers. When I see we are more then half way I will ask 2 co-workers to start hanging the clothe and another to start properly tag them. I would learned a lot from this particular job for example all the different people that care or even have the time to donate all the things they don't need . The management was good because the work was pretty much easy and we had a good team . My co-workers were ok they didn't talk much just worked. The hardest part of the day would be grabbing a box with real old smelly clothe in it and the best part of the day would be knowing I was going to work in a good environment .
Pros
good invironment
Cons
not enogh ouhrs
fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 29, 2013
Fun work environment with coworkers, the people definitely make the work environment.
Pros
gift cards
Cons
short breaks
Great client work takes place here
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 13, 2012
I love the populations we serve at this company and the diversity it brings.
loved the clients i was responsible for
Staff (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 31, 2012
loved seeing the interesting things people donated, co-workers
all hardworking and courteous. Supervisors very patient.
Pros
the employee discount

2.6