Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago

Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago Employer Reviews

Independent yet supportive working environment
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: safety concerns
As a Service Coordinator at Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago I was responsible for ensuring that children with disabilities received the necessary and most supportive care possible. It required me to work with a diverse population and handle any concerns between families, their therapists, and any other services they were receiving. The office in which – more... I worked at consisted of a supportive staff that helped build team morale. Any concerns that arose were managed in a timely and efficient manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was being afforded the opportunity to work one-on-one with children and their families and providing them with the best customer service by being available and accommodating to their wants and needs. The most difficult part of the job was having to experience the struggles some families faced trying to receive medical treatment for their children. – less
A lot of changes are being made.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Chicago,ILDecember 3, 2013
Cons: changes, hourly wages, no way to move up in the company.
The hardest part of this job is there is so many changes being mad. A lot of times things will be made and the staff wont know anything about it. The most enjoyable part is working with the kids. They have now went from salary to hourly which isn't good.
The most enjoyable part of my job!
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2013
I love the daily challenges my students bring to the classroom. Each student is unique and special, and no two days are ever the same!
Sleep issues...behavior dynamics...communication problems...sensory needs! My daily goal is to help each student work on their goals, and have the best day possible!
This is an excellent company to work for.
Grants Writer and Web Sites Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: great mission
Cons: as a nonprofit, opportunity is dependent on available funding.
This is an excellent company to work for. The mission of Easter Seals is to improve quality of life for people with disabilities and other special needs.
Great Experience
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2012
Working for Easter Seals gave me an experience to get exposed to many ills in the communities that need to be addressed by someone. Easter Seals mission statement encompasses in helping those in need and getting them to a position of self-sufficiency.
Fun place to work.
Payroll Assistant. (Current Employee), Oak Park, Il.February 28, 2012
Pros: flexible hour, very accomodating, undemanding atmosphere.
Cons: not enough hours, very little compensation, no future.
Learned new computer skills, Very nice people to work with. Very flexible hours. This is a Training and Employment Program.